• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Honest/serious question, I'm sitting in the ps store hovering over this game that I know almost nothing about, only that it is beloved by gaf. Do I buy it? and is it worth the price
of apparently sticking it in my bum
?

It's definitely worth it, but if you're on the fence I would buy the disc version, so if you only end up doing a single play through you can sell it. It'll also save you the 50gb download.

sense

To my disbelief the closest Gamestop is sold out of physical copies...

you are not alone because i was shocked to find out the closest gamestop near me was also sold out. they only had copies for people that preordered. i only went there because i wanted to use the 5$ dollar gamestop credit. went to a mall and they had a few left so that was good. looks like this should sell pretty good too.

impact

Banned
Honest/serious question, I'm sitting in the ps store hovering over this game that I know almost nothing about, only that it is beloved by gaf. Do I buy it? and is it worth the price
?

If you haven't played it and own a PS4 definitely yes. I'm not one of the crazy superfans that got touched emotionally in my pants either, I think it's a solid 9/10 game. But what else could you be playing on PS4 bro? Just get it. I envy people playing this version their first time. Silky smooth 60fps and no PS3 vaseline filter makes it worth the money. Can't wait to try 60fps mp out later with some friends.

?

Read reviews, watch gameplay videos etc. because you don't wanna drop $50 on this only to be disappointed.

LiK

Lol oh man when the first cutscene kicked in at 60fps my face nearly melted. So god damn good.

seriously, i will play 60fps for gameplay and then replay on Easy in 30fps for Photomode. Amazing looking game. ND really outdid themselves.

I'm attempting to do the Survivor + Glitch, do I need to have completed the entire game before going ahead and doing that? I'm sure it's been addressed in the thread at some point but I'm impatiently hovering over difficulties here right now.

?

Usually I would say it depends on the genre of games you like, but this is definitely a must play game.

I'm attempting to do the Survivor + Glitch, do I need to have completed the entire game before going ahead and doing that? I'm sure it's been addressed in the thread at some point but I'm impatiently hovering over difficulties here right now.

I'm curious now. Is the NG+ glitch still in this? What about the unlimited shivs trick?

?

Have you played it already? If not...then YES.

If you have played it already then, no.
Just kidding. Still yes.

So glad I pre-ordered this as every single B&M in my area is sold out including my local Gamestop, which never happens. I guess the thirst is real. I'm installing right now!

Usually I would say it depends on the genre of games you like, but this is definitely a must play game.

I'm curious now. Is the NG+ glitch still in this? What about the unlimited shivs trick?

Scourging around trophy forums I believe it is. To answer my own question, it looks like I need to beat it on atleast easy before going for that platinum.
Should I go for all the collectibles now or on survival +? Too many options, ahhh

GRaider81

Just downloading now. Quick question, when I go to my Euro account (where I want to play as its my main account) there is a little padlock on the tile.

Presuming it will unlock on Friday?

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Ya know what... I'm actually really, really glad they have a 30fps option after messing with it. Switching between the two is JARRING. Hopefully this wakes people the fuck up.

PS4 load time is 2 minutes for you? Doesn't seem anywhere near that long to me. Do you have physical or digital?
Physical.

The only time I got a super long load was when I first booted the game up for the first time ever and it was installing, I guess. Ever since then it's 30-35 seconds from when I load game to playing, if that. And between cutscene/ingame is as seamless as it's ever been.
I'm really hoping this is what happened to me too.

antitrop

Wow this game is actually selling out. I went to three gamestops and the last one I went to had only 2 remaining.

I didn't have a pre-order, but the girl at the register checked her inventory and gave me a copy. When she looked at the computer, she made a guttural sound that suggested there were plenty in stock.

It was 2:30pm, and it was pretty busy. Seemed like almost everyone in line was there for TLoU.

lol, even the 60fps in the main menu is extremely noticeable. First thing I noticed "look how smooth that curtain is moving".

I thought the same thing.

Any way, echoing someone else's post above. Anyone know how to turn on the director/cast commentary for cutscenes?

So I saw a pic of something that seems like a big spoiler. Can anyone that's played the game through to the end confirm or deny if it's a significant spoiler? I'm overly paranoid and can't stop thinking about it

(spoiler below)

Pic of Elie holding a knife to Joel's neck

antitrop

So I saw a pic of something that seems like a big spoiler. Can anyone that's played the game through to the end confirm or deny if it's a significant spoiler? I'm overly paranoid and can't stop thinking about it

(spoiler below)

Not a significant spoiler. I don't even remember that happening.

cebri.one

(spoiler below)

stop being paranoid and enjoy the game :)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

(spoiler below)

Probably just a screen timed to look like that. Nothing to do with the overall story.

satori

Just picked this up. Normally I could care less about fps etc but Holy shit at the difference here between 30 and 60. I could only handle no more than 5 minute of the game at 30fps. I had no idea it was going to be that big of a difference for me.

Anyways the game is as good as I remembered. Did not play the dlc for the ps3 since I loan my copy which apparently got lost in the mail.

Looking forward to a new play through this time with the bow :)

(spoiler below)

Maybe a concept art? I don't remember that

LiK

(spoiler below)

not a spoiler, that's just how they are.

viveks86

Oh come on you guys. What's the point in clarifying that something isn't a spoiler? Now Momo knows that it won't happen. That's spoiling it too! lol

Schryver

I'm at work and my PS4 should be in standby. Why is this stuck in my download queue?! Is the new system update preventing it from downloading or something?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Oh come on you guys. What's the point in clarifying that something isn't a spoiler? Now he knows that it won't happen. That's spoiling it too! lol
That thought crossed my mind but considering I get paranoid about stuff like that too I thought I would just make him feel better. Still many possibilities, even along the lines that alludes to ;)

RedAssedApe

Banned

(spoiler below)

are you talking about this? http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb...s/images/2/20/Original_ending_concept_art.jpg if so its concept art that was scrapped. its not a spoiler as it never happens in the final game. also its
tess not ellie

Top Bottom