• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

z4chc3na

not a spoiler, that's just how they are.

So I saw a pic of something that seems like a big spoiler. Can anyone that's played the game through to the end confirm or deny if it's a significant spoiler? I'm overly paranoid and can't stop thinking about it

(spoiler below)

Pic of Elie holding a knife to Joel's neck

Happens fairly early on, surprised people aren't remembering it that have already played

dolabla

This is how Tomb Raider feels as well on PS4 and that's why I've come to the conclusion that unless it's 60 fps, it's not a real "next gen" game in feel in my opinion.

I can deal with 30fps games, but if I have the option like in this game, it's a no brainer. No graphical differences like something as small as shadows (which btw I don't even really notice) are gonna make me sacrifice that smoothness of 60fps. It would have to be something very noticeable for me to give up 60fps.

DOWN

Banned
I am generally not a fan of 60fps, especially with no motion blur (please fix that for MGS V). But dang, I am surprised to find that 30fps feels a little too low so it looks choppy. It looks like it's maybe 10fps too slow, which makes me need to jump up to 60fps.

Game just looks gorgeous at 60fps and I bet that's the version they'd put in a time capsule if they could.

HORRORSHØW

Just picked it up, being a heavy 360 owner at the tail end of last Gen, I have to say I'm really excited for this, just wish there was a thread for 'first time players' so we can share in the magic together instead of the breakneck speed this thread has been moving at

make a thread for it. i would love to read all the impressions from first-time players.

BokehKing

Banned
Grimløck;123224930 said:
make a thread for it. i would love to read all the impressions from first-time players.
I would, but it would be the first thread I ever made here, and that's something I wouldn't want to fail at, not trying to set up an epic thread like that from my cell phone, plus I'm not a vet here and don't know if it's even allowed

Shin-Ra

Little details, like hearing the wind howl as I'm inside a building was absolutely amazing.
Just remembered I've never been in the truck
just after exiting the sewers
since playing the God of War Ascension demo. I think there was a nice rain hitting the roof sound inside.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just remembered I've never been in the truck
just after exiting the sewers
since playing the God of War Ascension demo. I think there was a nice rain hitting the roof sound inside.
I walk through there every time just to listen to the rain.

I don't think I've ever been so excited to play a game again that I've already played. Apart from GTA5, maybe.

I am going to take my sweet ass time with this version, I did anyway on PS3, but now that we have a photomode and improved graphics...I'm gonna be stopping and smelling the roses every damn second.

Well I cant find the extras menu and id love to play with director commentary

Here you go, I was having the same issue. I think the only catch is you have to play the game first to unlock the cinematics to view the commentary.

Is the extras menu not unlocked from the start? I don't see it. Do I have to beat the game to access it.

Edit: nevermind I found it. It's in bonus->gallery->cinematics. You can turn on or off the commentary when you watch the cinematic.

cripterion

Just changed seasons in game and stop there, it was quite the thrill ride just to get there. Game is definitely good, graphics are real nice during cutscenes and the audio and voice acting is just amazing.

I'm already thinking how the sequel would be built from the ground up for PS4

GRaider81

Yes, you'll get all that. But if you purchase any of the DLC you'll have to make sure it's from the US store as well. The DLC is region locked.

Thanks for the answers, last question I promise :) is it likely I'll get banned if I play MP on the Euro account before UK release on Friday?

Mentok

Banned
Already 2 chapters in and LOVING it! I'm playing it in hard mode with "listen" turned off (as I was advised to do so) and oh man is it fun! The controls definitely take a while to get used to (it feels weird using the trigger button as the reload/use item button).

BokehKing

Banned
Already 2 chapters in and LOVING it! I'm playing it in hard mode with "listen" turned off (as I was advised to do so) and oh man is it fun! The controls definitely take a while to get used to (it feels weird using the trigger button as the reload/use item button).
I think we can change the mapping of the buttons so trigger is.. Trigger

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Thanks for the answers, last question I promise :) is it likely I'll get banned if I play MP on the Euro account before UK release on Friday?
As far as I'm aware Sony has never banned anyone for playing a game pre-release. I think Shuhei even said on twitter that they don't do that. (Nor ban the console.)

Honestly, has 30FPS always looked so bad?? It's strange how easily a visual change becomes normative. I can't imagine TLOU ever feeling like it does when you switch over to 30FPS.

I've been playing for about 2 hours now and absolutely loving it. I can already see why this was so highly regarded. I decided to switch to 30fps to check it out and after 5 seconds, I immediately went back. Higher quality shadows are not worth that loss of fluidity.

ibvt525d2YbHfF.jpg

i8NFMWrFVcA0R.jpg

ibkwfC3nkyYaK.jpg

There seems to be far better audio customisation this time which is amazing. The audio was one of the best parts of the original and now it's even better, gonna 5.1 this bitch up later

Hawk269

I am generally not a fan of 60fps, especially with no motion blur (please fix that for MGS V). But dang, I am surprised to find that 30fps feels a little too low so it looks choppy. It looks like it's maybe 10fps too slow, which makes me need to jump up to 60fps.

Game just looks gorgeous at 60fps and I bet that's the version they'd put in a time capsule if they could.

Agree 100%. I kept going back and forth and when I was outside, right before you grab the ladder in the beginning of the game, I was swinging the camera around and the building nearby were very choppy in 30fps, switched to 60fps and instant smoothness. I still go back and forth, but I cannot notice any visual improvements thus far using 30 vs. 60. So for now, 60 all the way!!!

It was the walking dead on consoles bad. Maybe it wasn't installed all the way or something but it was bad.

Must have been the install. I can spot FPS drops very easily and nothing like that has happened for me so far.

Edit: Also, where do I go to use my preorder bonuses (the shirts)? I don't see them under bonuses.

Top Bottom