• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

So did you ever want a horde mode in the Last of Us?

Well you can kinda of have one actually. Go to (Location Spoiler)
the part where Ellie starts up the truck right before the very last check point where you jump in the truck.

This is one of the few points in the game where there is an infinitely number of spawned enemies. The only way to end it instantly is if you continue onto the next check point or go to far past the zones to initiate an auto death. The zone is pretty big though so no problems there. This can be a real test of endurance and supplies. With the mix of runners and clickers you can't just punch through everything all willy nilly. It was a lot more fun than I expected. My best score so far is 30 kills?

SRTtoZ

Ok, home from the gym, got a HUGE can of monster ready for tonight. As someone who beat the game on PS3 and then ended up trading it because I moved onto PS4, should I play the DLC before or after the SP? Is it a prequel? I'm talking about the SP DLC of course.

Ok, home from the gym, got a HUGE can of monster ready for tonight. As someone who beat the game on PS3 and then ended up trading it because I moved onto PS4, should I play the DLC before or after the SP? Is it a prequel? I'm talking about the SP DLC of course.

Play it after the SP as it takes place during multiple time frames, including during I believe.

Formosa

Did anyone preordered the game from amazon? Did it come with any paper inside the game case? There's no paper in mine.... FML.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.

the part where Ellie starts up the truck right before the very last check point where you jump in the truck.

This is one of the few points in the game where there is an infinitely number of spawned enemies. The only way to end it instantly is if you continue onto the next check point or go to far past the zones to initiate an auto death. The zone is pretty big though so no problems there. This can be a real test of endurance and supplies. With the mix of runners and clickers you can't just punch through everything all willy nilly. It was a lot more fun than I expected. My best score so far is 30 kills?
Hmmm, not a bad idea actually. I'll have to give that a try sometime.

I'll definitely be giving this a try when I get to that point. Thanks for the heads up, should be fun trying to beat your 30.

ibvRb1uHRgF5Ne.jpg

ixdSp34KOh82F.jpg

ibjfh4WBZISq9V.jpg

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
When you step on a mattress, you can hear the springs. I don't remember that, I didn't play with headphones last time.
This is the first game that truly floored me with it's audio design. The positional fidelity is the best I've ever experienced. I can tell exactly where everything is just from noise.

FootballFan

Can't wait to pick this up later.

Been waiting to play it again for months but wanted to wait for this.

Play it after.

antitrop

Man, the first part of this game is so good. It's such great pacing before you get to the first bit of combat. I love it even on a replay.

Wow, sold out at all Gamestops within reasonable distance. Hopefully the one by work a) still has it tomorrow and b) will accept the PS3 trade-in without a case (not giving up that Survival Edition steelbook).

psychotron

Noticed a whole section of bushes fade in and out as I was waking around with Tess outside. I could see the distance I had to be to make them appear and disappear very clearly. That's a letdown. The 60fps has been excellent though so far, but 30 seems way more choppy than I remember. Perhaps less blur?

It gets so hard when you start running out of ammo.

Pro Tips for Horde mode

1) Don't forget about Ellie
2) Use Bill for cover
3) Use Bill for some free shots
4) Try to Let Bill attack or kill the clickers as
A) He can do damage and clickers are harder to kill than runners
B) Letting get Bill in his "Help" animations lands you a free hit or combo
5) Try to head shoot Clickers with the pistols to damage their fungus heads for easier melee kills to conserve ammo
6) If you get overwhelmed run away and put your self behind obstacles, your attackers might leave but they will swarm the truck.
7) Run up to the house's to heal quickly

I can only imagine once I get all the guns and skills leveled up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The stuff it doesn't come with is new. As in, releases with the Remastered version.
I feel like it should have just included a code with everything. :/
Is that documentary even on the disc, or do they want you to buy the season pass? lol

Oh well, I guess all I wanted is the prequel DLC anyway.

You have been playing the game in 60FPS. Going back so quickly is very jarring, always. Everybody is making it to be 'more choppy' than normal 30 FPS, but in reality, it is 30FPS. You just aren't used to be able to change it on the fly.

for the love of god its how most people experienced the game for the first time

you remember, when it won 200+ goty awards and was universally hailed as one of the greatest of all time

Seem like such a long time ago lol .
Playing at 30fps feels like you fighting the character and camera now.

icespide

Banned
for the love of god its how most people experienced the game for the first time

you remember, when it won 200+ goty awards and was universally hailed as one of the greatest of all time

and when you've played it at 60fps for even 2 minutes going to 30fps is unbearable

I feel like it should have just included a code with everything. :/
Is that documentary even on the disc, or do they want you to buy the season pass? lol

Oh well, I guess all I wanted is the prequel DLC anyway.

As someone with the PS3 version and season pass, I never did get access to that documentary. Never saw it in the PS store.

sector4

I got a pretty interesting e-mail from where I ordered TLoU: R today, did anyone else get something like this? Is this common practise for Sony? It seems a bit odd to me, and I'm a little annoyed, alas...

AgVMkJr.png

I can verify my purchase with a mod if neccessary, I ordered from tronix who are NY based.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
You have been playing the game in 60FPS. Going back so quickly is very jarring, always. Everybody is making it to be 'more choppy' than normal 30 FPS, but in reality, it is 30FPS. You just aren't used to be able to change it on the fly.
Boom.

It's always fascinating to play a game that runs mostly at 60 and then another game that runs mostly at 30.

Just this year on PS4/PS3 I went Resogun > FFXHD > Outlast > Tomb Raider > Second Son > Destiny > TLoUR. A roller-coaster of framerates. Adjusting to 30 after playing games that target 60 is an adjustment to say the least...

But being able to switch on the fly like this paints a crystal clear picture as to why people champion 60fps over minor graphical effects and upgrades. 60 is the way games should be played. #yesallgames

Top Bottom