• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Formosa

So who sends out the preorder bonus code to us? Amazon or Naughty Dog? I preordered from them but didn't receive any codes yet...

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Yeah that's what i thought but i had a short installation and now I'm starting the singleplayer and have yet to see any 50gb anything.
PS4 uses a system they term "PlayGo" which allows developer to control how much upfront installation is required and how much can happen in the background while the game is being played.

I don't know how Naughty Dog has decided to implement it from a physical disc but maybe you noticed in the main menu that either Factions or Left Behind had a countdown timer.

BokehKing

Banned
Jesus, Mary and Joseph...

1st time player.... That opening sequence... Im guessing the daughter is not the girl on the cover... Wasn't ready for that

Man

ibvRb1uHRgF5Ne.jpg

ixdSp34KOh82F.jpg

ibjfh4WBZISq9V.jpg
Game of the beards.

Damn, PS4 gave me a scare when I got ready to finally play this remastered Last of us.

Went to turn my ps4 on and noticed it wasn't in stand by mode. tried to turn it on multiple times and it would make the sound but not come on. then I pulled the power plug out and back in. and after a minute, it turned on....freaky...

PS4 uses a system they term "PlayGo" which allows developer to control how much upfront installation is required and how much can happen in the background while the game is being played.

I don't know how Naughty Dog has decided to implement it from a physical disc but maybe you noticed in the main menu that either Factions or Left Behind had a countdown timer.

ok thx a lot for the info

KillGore

60fps feels so weird in cutscenes. Good weird though. It's like in fast forward but it isnt.

It's like looking at a soap opera or something.

You wanna see a fucking joke?
Play singleplayer on 60fps for a half hour, and then switch to 30fps in the menu.

Then laugh -> throw up -> never return to 30fps

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
How do I change it?

Options -> Display. It's under the brightness selection.

And yeah, it's funny to quickly change and see how choppy everything is then go back. Play with it for 5-10 minutes and you readjust, but I like the toggle to show how much better 60fps is.

I remember getting shellshocked hard with Mario Kart 8 when I logged 100+ hours into it, brought it over to my friend's place for 3 player MP and played it as it went to 30. Totally screwed me up...while 60fps is always better, it's totally different when you see the change within the same game.

BokehKing

Banned
Hahaha, this is awesome. By all means, keep sharing impressions like this.
It's like... Real..
like if you had to escape holding a child, in most games you just barrel right through people, I couldn't even walk 5 feet with out getting pushed out of the way by other people fleeing in panic

jett

D-Member
Yes, all games on PS4 install to the harddisk. After the installation the disc is only used for authorization.

This is a real shame, most of the space on the disc is being taken by video files. Too bad it seems to be a mandate for every game. 500GB is going to turn out to be a pathetic amount for PS4.

TLOU Remastered is my first Digital game and I have to say that I'm officially done with Retail games, in other words no more skipping out class/duties to wait for the freaking UPS to make a drop off.

jett

D-Member
How effective is the cross bow? I want to fully upgrade it but first I wanted to hear some opinions on it.

It's good, it's hard to aim and doesn't have much range but it doesn't make any noise and you can sometimes retrieve arrows, especially if they're headshots, don't forget that. Whatever you do, don't waste time upgrading the handguns. :p

Top Bottom