• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

plainr_

ibtjdyeNtb2Nt3.gif

Played a session just now on the Vita and man this shit is amazing on it. I had to change the shoulder buttons for aim and shoot but other than that its pretty spot on. This should be the only time anyone should play this game at 30FPS. It feels to janky and slow on a big screen when playing at 30FPS but obviously since the Vita's streaming is capped at 30FPS might as well take them extra nice shadows.

Kolgar

Wanted to go 30fps for the shadow boost but it moves really choppy. Sixty is a revelation in comparison and feels so good.

Still, some disappointing pop-in on some textures. Bizarre. But the game is so good it doesn't matter.

Started with Left Behind as I hadn't played it yet. Little Ashley is one heck of a voice actress.

tskeeve

You know, I've always loved higher framerates, but I actually for some reason feel like silky smooth frames detract from the opening sequence. Having things be kind of blurry and jittery as you run around in the opening scene feels appropriate because
you're confused, lost, distracted and full of adrenaline. It feels very video gamey playing through it now and seeing all the props and pedestrians smoothly fall into place. Bizarre.
This probably sounds like a troll post, and I can't believe what I'm saying, but having a smoother framerate alarmingly detracts from the mood and immersion of the experience in the opening for me. Probably because I'm accustomed to scenes in movies like this feeling very blurry and fast paced. It's not much of a complaint overall, though. I didn't think it would have this effect on me though.

It's not an entirely crazy point you're making. Only in the hardcore video gaming group do people seem to have a "60fps is necessary, always" mentality. I don't disagree that games control better at 60fps, but you do obviously lose out on a certain visual aesthetic. With film, people understand that there are pros and cons, but with games, it does seem that people are close-minded.

It's not an entirely crazy point you're making. Only in the hardcore video gaming group do people seem to have a "60fps is necessary, always" mentality. I don't disagree that games control better at 60fps, but you do obviously lose out on a certain visual aesthetic. With film, people understand that there are pros and cons, but with games, it does seem that people are close-minded.

Its not that people are close-minded. But its that you can replicate the effect of being lost and mentally out of it through other means then by cutting the FPS in half.

The Lamp

Its not that people are close-minded. But its that you can replicate the effect of being lost and mentally out of it through other means then by cutting the FPS in half.

True. I think the game would have benefitted from some visual effects that made the scene more
fiery, smokey, chaotic and panicked than smooth and crisp like it did

ClearData

This is a real shame, most of the space on the disc is being taken by video files. Too bad it seems to be a mandate for every game. 500GB is going to turn out to be a pathetic amount for PS4.

I'm happy I don't have to resort to an external HD like some Xbox One owners though. My current HD is a 1 TB SSHD. I'll be ready to upgrade to a 2 or 3 TB drive once the technology permits me to.

dmr87

This is the first game that truly floored me with it's audio design. The positional fidelity is the best I've ever experienced. I can tell exactly where everything is just from noise.

So good, that's why you want to play with headphones and turn off listen mode, makes the game pop even more.

burgerdog

If any devs are reading this, forget 1080p and 60fps for a second. AF is wonderful, textures don't look like soup when they're more than 3 feet away from you. Give us Uncharted trilogy at 1080p60 with this AF, ND.

Gamestop just called me about this game. I forgot I had a paid off pre-order.

I'm too lazy to pick it up.

Does this include the Left Behind DLC?

EB Games... I got one. Still 2 left.. and I did end up getting $30 for my PS4 copy of Watchdogs.

Cool man. Gamestop has a deal where you get an extra $15 for trading in 2 PS4 games so I ended up getting $60 total for Watchdogs and Wolfenstein and decided to pre-order and pay-off Shadow of Mordor. The girl did try to screw me over though saying I just owed the $5 tax and I'm like uhhhh, no I don't. Then after explaining to her I'm not an idiot she said she must've done it wrong. Fucking Gamestop man! Now I just have to decide what game I want to move my paid-off Destiny pre-order to., I'm thinking Farcry 4.

mstevens

What difficulty are you on?

Embarrassingly, normal.

I think I'm just approaching things incorrectly. How do I kill Clickers so that I don't waste all of my shivs?

Also, aren't guns kinda worthless? Any time I shoot something, everyone hears me and I have enemies all over me.

Embarrassingly, normal.

I think I'm just approaching things incorrectly. How do I kill Clickers so that I don't waste all of my shivs?

Also, aren't guns kinda worthless? Any time I shoot something, everyone hears me and I have enemies all over me.

Bricks + face = dead clicker.

Top Bottom