• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Roshin

I went digital and have downloaded the game itself (looks very nice), but I am unable to download any of the extra stuff. They just sit in the download queue with a "cannot download" error message. Any clues about that?

TaKeRx

Holy shit this game is amazing. Playing on the hardest difficulty with no hints and I'm having a blast. Failing, but having a blast lol.

I'm very scared on playing this game with the Astro A50's on lol.

Just got home. :)

tn6bhBK.jpg

Why the heck did I not think of that! Just popped the game in but freaking no donuts and soda!

Woah first minute of first cutscene and already notice the 60fps!!!! Dayum!

If I sneak up is there a button to brick them similar to shiv?

No, you have to smash their faces from the front. Just sneak up while making no noise so you don't alert them, take out a brick and press the melee button several times until their face is kablooey. It will make noise however, so you can't kill every clicker like this.

Hubb

I think some of the MP trophies are bugged if anyone wants to check. I just got the Capitol trophy (5 downs/executions) and I only had 4 downs and 3 executions.

I don't know if it is still going off the old one (3/3 and no deaths), but I did die once and I still got the trophy. Maybe it is just 5 downs or executions and they add them together? I don't know.

Gavin996

Unconfirmed Member
Embarrassingly, normal.

I think I'm just approaching things incorrectly. How do I kill Clickers so that I don't waste all of my shivs?

Also, aren't guns kinda worthless? Any time I shoot something, everyone hears me and I have enemies all over me.

Well I have never played the game, I was just looking for a glimpse of what I would be in for :/

antitrop

First impressions of the first hour @1080p/60 :

Hnnggghhh

Yup, I
just got Ellie
and I'm enjoying this so much more than I was the first time.

The first several hours of the game the first time were ruined by my proclivity to notice poor IQ and framerate, before I eventually got over it and enjoyed the game for what it was.

But boy is it nice to just be able to sit back and appreciate this fucking masterpiece now without wondering "what it could be".

mstevens

No, you have to smash their faces from the front. Just sneak up while making no noise so you don't alert them, take out a brick and press the melee button several times until their face is kablooey. It will make noise however, so you can't kill every clicker like this.

Cool, thanks. I can't figure out a way to swap melee weapons though (figured out guns, but can't find how to do it for melee weapons).

Oh my god, if I have to redo this hotel checkpoint on Grounded one more time...

Jesus this is rough.
That part is easy
Just countdown from 5 once you turn on the generator. Seriously. Then haul ass to the door.

The hardest part of the game is easily
when you and David are stuck and a bloater comes into the room with a runner and clicker.
Goddamn that part is hard. So easy to die over a stupid mistake.

Edit:eek:h, you meant the actual hotel. Well the only tip I have is
don't try opening the elevator door before clearing that entire floor. They will always shoot if there's one alive.

Can anyone tell me why I can't choose 5.1 in the audio settings? No matter what I choose (television, home theatre, headphones) it only lets me pick 2.0 channel

Hubb

Can anyone tell me why I can't choose 5.1 in the audio settings? No matter what I choose (television, home theatre, headphones) it only lets me pick 2.0 channel

Are you using Golds? Make sure you enable it on your headset while in that audio setting. Should unlock.

meppi

I went digital and have downloaded the game itself (looks very nice), but I am unable to download any of the extra stuff. They just sit in the download queue with a "cannot download" error message. Any clues about that?

From my experiences with DLC on PS4, it's probably already downloaded to your system.
Check in the game itself.
I got that error with Shadow Fall several times as well as with Resogun, and also with another game that I can't remember right now.
Every time it seemed like the DLC didn't want to download, but in the end it worked when I booted the game. Very weird how that works. Must be a strange bug.

Guys, I played one playthrough on hard (PS3). Should I replay on Hard and just enjoy the game in its new found glory or jump to Survival? Not necessarily looking for a frustrating experience tbh.

Oublieux

Embarrassingly, normal.

I think I'm just approaching things incorrectly. How do I kill Clickers so that I don't waste all of my shivs?

Also, aren't guns kinda worthless? Any time I shoot something, everyone hears me and I have enemies all over me.

Sometimes, not killing is the best option. Crouch walk and go past them. And... crouch walking speed is affected by how far you push the joystick; they will hear you if you crouch walk full speed.

Frolow

Banned
Just a quick question: Why do we need separate threads for the Multiplayer and Photograph modes? I thought the point of OTs was to keep the discussion centralized and not clog up the forum with a multitude of topics.

epmode

I will never get tired of comments like this. Just beautiful.

It really is great to have such an easy way to point out the difference. The only easier method is in Dark Souls PC since Durante's patch lets you toggle between 60 and 30 FPS with a single keyboard press.

Tamanon

Banned
First time playing Last of Us. An hour or so in. Combat/Stealth is pretty challenging. Only 8 bullets thus far means one mistake and it's all over.

Really enjoying the atmosphere and characters. Joel is great. That opener emotional scene, man tears. First Naughty Dog game since Crash 2 for me, enjoying it.

First time playing Last of Us. An hour or so in. Combat/Stealth is pretty challenging. Only 8 bullets thus far means one mistake and it's all over.

Really enjoying the atmosphere and characters. Joel is great. That opener emotional scene, man tears. First Naughty Dog game since Crash 2 for me, enjoying it.
First time too. Tears Man. Tears

TheMan

i was largely ignorant of the game's gameplay mechanics and bought the ps4 release today mostly due to hype. there's a lot more stealth than I thought there'd be...bleh

HORRORSHØW

Just a quick question: Why do we need separate threads for the Multiplayer and Photograph modes? I thought the point of OTs was to keep the discussion centralized and not clog up the forum with a multitude of topics.

there's even two (2) photomode threads. enjoy!

antitrop

i was largely ignorant of the game's gameplay mechanics and bought the ps4 release today mostly due to hype. there's a lot more stealth than I thought there'd be...bleh
It's a survival horror/stealth/action game, but you can lower the difficulty and just shoot everything if you really want to. Even on Normal you can play the game mostly as an action game and use stealth sparingly. That still requires a lot of melee combat and waiting for the right time to engage, of course.

Frolow

Banned
Grimløck;123243779 said:
there's even two (2) photomode threads. enjoy!
Well one's a contest thread, I think, so that's fair. But why do we need a separate topic when this thread, or even one of the various screenshot threads, would fill it's purpose?

This is a real shame, most of the space on the disc is being taken by video files. Too bad it seems to be a mandate for every game. 500GB is going to turn out to be a pathetic amount for PS4.

This has been known since before the console released, anyone could have anticipated this going into this gen. its why before I even turned the ps4 on, I swapped the drive with a 1.5tb.

GavinUK86

It's a survival horror/stealth/action game, but you can lower the difficulty and just shoot everything if you really want to. Even on Normal you can play the game mostly as an action game and use stealth sparingly. That still requires a lot of melee combat and waiting for the right time to engage, of course.

The game is immensely fun on easy with a previously maxed out Joel.

Top Bottom