• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Oh wow. I thought this was a TV issue. I'm both glad and sad it was actually the game at fault here. was fucking with my settings for a minute too hahaha.

The brightness/gamma issues are real, ND. Do something about this horrible bug. This is what some gaf users have to say about the issues:

OH it's that part.

I thought ND just decided to fill the space as much fog effect as possible. It really was annoying though.

I forget - how do I get Ellie to tell jokes in the bookstore? From what I remember it's just standing around the barrel fire after clearing the area out, but I've been standing here for like 10 minutes and nothing.

MAX PAYMENT

This is a great game that I'm glad I get to play in 1080p, but I'm honestly a bit disappointed.

I've run into a handful of weird bugs, the multiplayer load times are horrible, and the game just doesn't look as good as I expected it to. I don't regret the purchase at all, it just wasn't as god-tier as I expected.

antitrop

I just finished
the museum
, which was incredible, and this Remaster is quickly moving my consideration for TLoU as one of my favorite games much higher.

Oh my god (Summer location)
Pittsburgh
looks a fuckton better than before. Holy shit. HUGE upgrade here.

Yeah I just got there too and it is definitely the best looking part of the game so far. Looks miles better then it did on the PS3. Excited to see some of the later locations.

Argh, every Gamestop in the area that says In Stock on the website says all the copies they have are reserved for preorders. Is there an end date for the 50% trade-in offer? End of this week?

I think the end date is 8/2/14. preorders are held for only 48nhours so you are good. go tomorrow.

So I was just in in
Pittsburg where Ellie takes the rifle for the first time to cover Joel
and I was very effectively and patiently using stealth to clear the area. I had the entire map cleared but one enemy, who I was surprised was standing unalerted in a part of the area I already cleared.

Upon successfully choking him out, another enemy immediately spawned (too unaware) in his exact location. I was on top of him. Choking HIM out caused every enemy in the area to respawn, hostile, and
Ellie started shooting.

Why did this happen? Is it because it's part of the story for there to be violence? Would enemies have kept spawning forever if somebody didn't see me? It was very weird.

So I was just in in
and I was very effectively and patiently using stealth to clear the area. I had the entire map cleared but one enemy, who I was surprised was standing unalerted in a part of the area I already cleared.

Upon successfully choking him out, another enemy immediately spawned (too unaware) in his exact location. I was on top of him. Choking HIM out caused every enemy in the area to respawn, hostile, and
Ellie started shooting.

Why did this happen? Is it because it's part of the story for there to be violence? Would enemies have kept spawning forever if somebody didn't see me? It was very weird.

I had this happen to me on the PS3 version, I'm pretty sure you are supposed to engage them all.

mstevens

In the hotel basement.. Just turned on a generator,saw a bloater and about 5 other infected running at me. Ran for my life for the door, punching and pushing and doing anything I could to keep my momentum.

Holy. Crap. That was so intense.

So I was just in in

Ellie started shooting.

Edit: Might not be a bug! Just stupid scripting.

t0rment

So I was just in in

Ellie started shooting.

it's because the cutscene after shows ellie shooting, so it must have some combat to have some context for the story. it was poorly done.

In the hotel basement.. Just turned on a generator,saw a bloater and about 5 other infected running at me. Ran for my life for the door, punching and pushing and doing anything I could to keep my momentum.

Holy. Crap. That was so intense.

Most intense part of the game right there. I've played the PS3 version many times and it still gets me.

So I was just in in

Ellie started shooting.

I literally could have posted this. Just got done with this exact part, and the exact same thing happened. I didnt even play this far in the first one. My biggest gripe so far is the endless combat. These desolate areas, and Im a single guy trying to sneak a young teenage girl somewhere, YET I seem to be going out of my way to take on 20 dudes/creatures every 5 steps. Ill climb ladders, find paths across rooftops, go through sewers, etc., to make sure it's the path of MOST resistance.

That said, Im still enjoying it. Loved the PS3 multiplayer, and looking forward to playing it again on the PS4.

This is how I used to have it - but I have my PC hooked up to my TV as well, and I ran into issues with games where my resolution options were limited because my AV receiver was being used as the "display" device, and it would only give me 720p in some games.

I did a quick google search and results are all over the place. Some people say some TVs will pass through 5.1, others say they downmix or only put out stereo.

I guess I could switch my PS4/PS3/Cable box into my AV receiver and just leave my PC running direct into the TV.

Gonna experiment with it tonight.

everything should run to your receiver and from there to the TV. that is how my setup is and it detects 7.1 automatically.

Stalkers/
that section in the sewer with them is the hardest shit in the game for me

I guess it depends on what difficulty setting you are using, but on "normal" it was trivial to stand exactly where you enter the room and shoot them with the shotgun when they rush you. It takes time for all of them to come to you, but it is not necessary to move into the "maze portion" of the room at all.

Its actually possible to stealth the entire section with the bow from long range. I do it every time on harder difficulties and save my arrows specifically for that section.

RoKKeR

The game is achingly beautiful. It is just so smooth and clean, fixing my absolute biggest complaint with the PS3 version.

Replaying such an amazing game is a perfect way to cap off the summer, and I can't wait to get to Left behind.

Gator86

Sometimes Joel just feels fucking incompetent on grounded. Swing upgraded melee weapon into a hunter's face, hunter doesn't flinch, punches Joel one time and he immediately dies. I'm just staring at the screen in disbelief as I'm sent back to the last checkpoint.

Top Bottom