• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

I just timed it with a stopwatch. Loading my save, which is in a hotel lobby in Pittsburgh, took exactly 2 minutes and 43 seconds. And I have the 1TB SSHD which is typically very quick. Oh well.
I've never had to wait that long for a loaded save to be ready to play. There's something wrong there, bud.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I just timed it with a stopwatch. Loading my save, which is in a hotel lobby in Pittsburgh, took exactly 2 minutes and 43 seconds. And I have the 1TB SSHD which is typically very quick. Oh well.

I have the same drive. Initial boot was about 2 minutes and all the rest have been about 30 seconds. Something's up.

Did I just encounter a weird glitch?

Spoilers for last part of the game

In the underground tunnel just before you reach the hospital, there's this section where you walk over a bunch of vehicles because there's a current below. It's where eventually Joel slips and you wake up in the hospital.

I just accidently fell down a bus into the water and I was dragged by the current against another bus. I can't swim back because of the water force and there is no way to climb on this bus I'm pushed against. Seems like an odd glitch and I'll probably have to restart the encounter... I'm on grounded though and I'm really scared that restarting will put me back to the place with all the bloaters :(

just restard last checkpoint. after the last encounter you should be good. it happened to me as well

Hubb

Can't play the first half of TLoU's Winter
without Syrio Forel's voice in my head. "If you pierce them, the water runs out, and they die…". Arya vs Ellie, who would win? :p

The part in the game that made me think of Syrio Forel was
When you were making your way through the hotel and you get to the kitchen and the two hunters kill the one clicker. "Did it bite you?" "Not today, what about you?" "Not today"

To add to the technical oddities, is anybody else having issue with dialogue from the surround speakers, or any speaker other than the center channel, sounding echo'y? Indoors or out, the character sounds like they're talking inside a tin can.

Center channel sounds fine.

I messed with the audio settings but nothing seemed to help.

Did I just encounter a weird glitch?

Spoilers for last part of the game

In the underground tunnel just before you reach the hospital, there's this section where you walk over a bunch of vehicles because there's a current below. It's where eventually Joel slips and you wake up in the hospital.

I just accidently fell down a bus into the water and I was dragged by the current against another bus. I can't swim back because of the water force and there is no way to climb on this bus I'm pushed against. Seems like an odd glitch and I'll probably have to restart the encounter... I'm on grounded though and I'm really scared that restarting will put me back to the place with all the bloaters :(

There is a way to get up from that spot, just go as far to the left and swim upwards. Then you just climb up onto the bus. Swimming up from anywhere else is not possible as the current pushes you back. Its not a glitch :)

kubus

There is a way to get up from that spot, just go as far to the left and swim upwards. Then you just climb up onto the bus. Swimming up from anywhere else is not possible as the current pushes you back. Its not a glitch :)
Really?! Man I thought I really tried everything in there. Luckily I didn't lose any progress with restarting or else I would really regret not reading your post sooner lol.

The part in the game that made me think of Syrio Forel was
When you were making your way through the hotel and you get to the kitchen and the two hunters kill the one clicker. "Did it bite you?" "Not today, what about you?" "Not today"
I thought the same :)

LegendX48

Finally beat it on Grounded! I can get pretty crazy when it wants to be but it was an interesting thing to go through. Don't think I'll be doing Grounded + for a little while though cause I want to have fun now lol

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Is that right?
I don't remember the PS3 version looking like that at this part
bqHtkR.jpg

Looks terrible

0racle

Alright

im about to break something

WHY CANT I STEALTH KILL IN SURVIVOR?! the runners break free EVERY TIME !! Before I could choke them out earlier in the game and now that I have progressed I CANT KILL THEM !

I grab them like normal, attempt a choke out then they break free !!!! MY GOD !!! HELP !!!

....yes...they are not clickers.

Beatrix

I'm pretty sure parts and pills stay the same, regardless of difficulty.

Thanks! But I just remembered you can't open all the shiv doors on grounded since there's not enough supplies. And IIRC there's plenty of parts/pills inside shiv doors you otherwise would miss on grounded. So looks like I'm playing on normal to get all the shiv doors and enjoying the casual play through.

Hubb

For platinum is it recommended to go through on easy first for all collectables? Already completed the game on PS3.

Easy should be your collectable run, whether you want to run it first or not is up to you. I did normal for my collectable run for no particular reason.

Seems like the great debates about the ending are gonna start flaring up again soon. I remember when people started finishing it originally and there was lots of discussion about what goes down. Fun times :p

Is that right?
bqHtkR.jpg

Looks terrible

Yup this part is definitely different than the ps3 version. I had the exact same thing. Whether intentional or a bug it doesn't look good. The Museum was also super dark when I remember it being rather light when I played on my ps3 too. Added to the tension though I guess not being able to see shit!

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Alright

im about to break something

WHY CANT I STEALTH KILL IN SURVIVOR?! the runners break free EVERY TIME !! Before I could choke them out earlier in the game and now that I have progressed I CANT KILL THEM !

I grab them like normal, attempt a choke out then they break free !!!! MY GOD !!! HELP !!!

....yes...they are not clickers.
That is pretty weird. Are you pressing square after grabbing them? Forgive the dumb question, but I honestly don't know what else it could be besides a rare glitch.

Vashetti

Banned
Is that right?
bqHtkR.jpg

Looks terrible

Literally just went through here and yup, it's fucked.

Seems like some PS3-specific effects in that area didn't get ported over or are broken. It looked foul and was really difficult to see anything.

phen0m24

I have the same drive. Initial boot was about 2 minutes and all the rest have been about 30 seconds. Something's up.

Thanks (and thanks KJ as well) - I think I previously just hit my PS button and did a "go into standby" which maybe that caused it? I just did a proper save, (I'm in a basement, there's a generator and it's getting rather occupied with uglies at the moment) and then quit to menu. See if that makes a difference.

For the sake of comparison, my save file is showing as 11MB. Is that similar to what you guys are seeing?

Thanks - have a good weekend!

0racle

That is pretty weird. Are you pressing square after grabbing them? Forgive the dumb question, but I honestly don't know what else it could be besides a rare glitch.

Wait.

If I somehow forgot to stealth kill roughly 50% into the game I am going to loose it.

I don't remember having to hit square. I thought its just triangle then triangle again to shiv. if you don't its just a choke out?

fernoca

I am not understanding this initial load thing. I didn't have a percentage bar and it took about 30secs - 1min for me.
Got it digitally and no percentage. Guess it's the disc version. PS3 version was quite long from what I remember. Loadings are really fast.

In any case, I barely played it on PS3 and right now I'm way ahead of my original playthrough. Playing with headphobes (Gold Headset)...and Ellie tends to surprise me more than the clickers. She trying to whistle, sing, etc...or suddenly appearing next to you.

x-Lundz-x

Just finished my first run, now on to survival+. :)

For those of you that just finished the game for the first time, did it live up to your expectations after all the hype we gave you? I'm curious to see if anyone was let down. This is my third time and I'm just as blown away as the first time. This really is one if the best games ever made, and probably the best narrative ever put into the medium IMO.

Beatrix

Got it digitally and no percentage. Guess it's the disc version. PS3 version was quite long from what I remember.

In any case, I barely played it on PS3 and right now I'm way ahead of my original playthrough. Playing with headphobes (Gold Headset)...and Ellie tends to surprise me more than the clickers. She trying to whistle, sing, etc...or suddenly appearing next to you.

I have the disc version and I have no percentage or issues loading.

knitoe

Wait.

If I somehow forgot to stealth kill roughly 50% into the game I am going to loose it.

I don't remember having to hit square. I thought its just triangle then triangle again to shiv. if you don't its just a choke out?

You have to hit square otherwise you would be forced to use a shiv if it's triangle triangle.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Wait.

Yeah, square for physical takedown, triangle for shiv. Otherwise they break free.

Since there's no button prompts on Survivor, I guess it's possible to forget that command sometimes. Especially if you haven't done it in a while.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Finished Left Behind. I thought it was great. Naughty Dog made a good decision in interweaving the cinematic, narratively purposed pieces in between the shooting segments...perhaps even better than they did in the main campaign.

Really heartwarming little vignette. Gives Ellie some nice color.

rafaelr

man, fuck the
hotel basement! i played through tlou 3 times on ps3, and i had it somehow in my mind that those stalkers ALWAYS spawned after you pick up the keycard. today they spawned way earlier (after i tried to open the keycard door without the keycard). and it was horrible (i´m pretty much out of ammo now). the final stalker that came screaming after me after i had outrun the bloater was enough to make me stop for the night. made it out of there at least.

oh, and the conversations/jokes seem to be just as bugged as on ps3. had to repeat the
whole bookstore encounter (didn´t mind too much, since it´s one of my favourites)
to get ellie to tell the 2nd set of jokes. and it looks like i´ll have to get the conversation about
the 2 dead ppl in the bathtub
on my plus run, since the prompt didn´t pop up in 3 separate tries. :/

Hubb

man, fuck the
hotel basement! i played through tlou 3 times on ps3, and i had it somehow in my mind that those stalkers ALWAYS spawned after you pick up the keycard. today they spawned way earlier (after i tried to open the keycard door without the keycard). and it was horrible (i´m pretty much out of ammo now). the final stalker that came screaming after me after i had outrun the bloater was enough to make me stop for the night. made it out of there at least.

Honestly I hate the noise stalkers make. Makes me wish I wasn't wearing headphones.

Catalix

Finished Left Behind. I thought it was great. Naughty Dog made a good decision in interweaving the cinematic, narratively purposed pieces in between the shooting segments...perhaps even better than they did in the main campaign.

It really is a nice supplement to the main story. It helps flesh out a lot of Ellie's decisions and characteristics from the main game in a more tangible way. I also appreciated how experimental the game design felt at times.

Duallusion

Holy shit you people weren't kidding about gamma issues. Some parts turn my plasma into a shitty LCD TV and fiddling with video output didn't do squat either.

Is that right?
bqHtkR.jpg

Looks terrible

Just got to this part last night. Freakin weird when the green filter kicked in instantly instead of fading in.

I think this was talked about earlier but there is some weird issues with the gamma going in and out. Can't tell if its a bug with photomode, since I use it practically every 4 minutes I play. lol

Edit: oh lol someone mentioned it above

Cudder

I smiled at all of the little things you do with Riley.

The Halloween store, the car window game, the arcade bit, the super soaker fight.
Just really imaginative stuff all around.

JLeack

Banned
Is that right?
bqHtkR.jpg

Looks terrible

YES. I remember bringing this up before it released and AKyemeni said the following to me:

I thought it looked gorgeous, especially the under water portions. Maybe it's your review copy.

To me, it was a complete, spongy, orange mess. I'm not sure what the issue is in terms of code, but this is one of a few things actually worse about the PS4 release.

Andrew.

Banned
Well the finding all artifacts trophy finally popped even though the scoring all collectibles one popped prior. I never re-picked up
Franks note after Bill throws it on the ground

Left Behind is so damn good.

Top Bottom