• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

camac002

or can i replay those chapters at a lower difficulty, get them then new game plus on grounded without that difficulty glitch

That's the one (you can also get them later in Grounded+, depending on resources. Replaying sections on Easy essentially guarantees open the doors)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm pretty sure that "I'm just fixing your stupid pile" is the best line in the game

Dealing with the
APC
on grounded today. This difficulty is the best gaming experience I've ever had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0omljGiPN5w

That was the day before yesterday, so good.

Hah, I had the exact same end to that encounter yesterday. Held up the last guy, but he wouldn't go down with the pistol and had to get my hands dirty to finish it off. That's what I like about the combat, it can turn into a real mess (meant as a compliment)

Tempted to try Grounded after watching that vid.

That's the one (you can also get them later in Grounded+, depending on resources. Replaying sections on Easy essentially guarantees open the doors)

just realised that using chapter select makes me have the same equipment I had at that point so i wouldnt have a shiv for door 11 no matter what (mine was broken even though i never used it on a clicker)

Marvel

could never
Hah, I had the exact same end to that encounter yesterday. Held up the last guy, but he wouldn't go down with the pistol and had to get my hands dirty to finish it off. That's what I like about the combat, it can turn into a real mess (meant as a compliment)

Tempted to try Grounded after watching that vid.
It's pant wetting stuff, lol.

Mdk7

Since quite a few fellow Gaffers supported me and were interested in buying one, i can tell that my Clicker Skull design is now officially on sale on Redbubble and Neatoshop (got no luck with Teefury and other sites like those this time, it happens!).
It's available both in colors and grayscale, but i removed the Fireflies logo since i eventually beat the game and i can't stand those fuckers, LOL.
Thanks for the appreciation guys! :d

BtjQAdqIIAAoIai.jpg:large

http://www.redbubble.com/people/mdk7/works/12409907-clicker-skull-the-last-of-us?p=t-shirt
http://www.neatoshop.com/product/Clicker-Skull-The-Last-of-Us

Bullshit. The ending was exactly what I expected from the beginning and was boring and predictable. You would have to be brain dead not to see what happened coming a mile and a half away. The issue, for me at least, was not the lack of bombast but that there was nothing else to it. No big revelation, no twist, no nothing. Just what was obvious from the beginning. I really don't understand what is so amazing about this ending.

Ughhh, this mentality really bugs me nowadays. Everything must have a twist, or some big plot revelation in order to be classed as "good", and if it doesn't feature one then it's a "crappy" ending. I'm so glad they didn't go down that route, they're so overused and generic. I find them a cheap way to make your story more interesting, akin to jump-scares in horror movies.

Dealing with the
APC
on grounded today. This difficulty is the best gaming experience I've ever had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0omljGiPN5w

That was the day before yesterday, so good.

Damn. I don't know why I went with Survivor. Even having played the game a year ago I got to grips pretty quick and ended up having an easier time when I played Hard the first time.

Now I gotta do 3 playthroughs minimum for SP trophies ;_;

ok decided to new game plus after using chapter select and realising my lack of shivs.

I clicked continue new game plus and selected grounded (my first playthrough was grounded as well)

just got to my backpack, all supplements I had are already there but collectibles all artifacts and firefly pendants I got arent, training manuals are though

worst case scenario a single run through on easy for collectibles?

eso76

i can't believe i'm still not quite halfway through
suburbs

I feel like i've played, done, seen, experienced so much already; in the hands of some other developer, the same amount of content could have lasted 2 or 3 games :p

kubus

ok decided to new game plus after using chapter select and realising my lack of shivs.

I clicked continue new game plus and selected grounded (my first playthrough was grounded as well)

just got to my backpack, all supplements I had are already there but collectibles all artifacts and firefly pendants I got arent, training manuals are though

worst case scenario a single run through on easy for collectibles?
Yeah that's supposed to happen. If you go to the Statistics screen or Chapter Select you can still see how many collectibles you found and in which chapter you missed something. All collectibles respawn every playthrough with the exception of training manuals, but the ones you already found before are still registered as "found" and you don't have to pick those up again - but you can.

It's weird.

Yeah that's supposed to happen. If you go to the Statistics screen or Chapter Select you can still see how many collectibles you found and in which chapter you missed something. All collectibles respawn every playthrough with the exception of training manuals, but the ones you already found before are still registered as "found" and you don't have to pick those up again - but you can.

It's weird.

yeah, i just noticed a glitch, got to my backpack and 2 of my pill upgrades were missing, and that was because i used chapter select to see if i could get a shiv door when i couldnt

so i've gone back to the main menu loaded up my last first playthrough save (which didnt load the game up but took me straight back to the main menu oddly, and starting new game plus again)

should a save in new game plus show a + symbol?

You won't get the trophy for grounded. When you change difficulties and beat the game you'll only be awarded the trophy for the highest difficulty you changed it to, and the trophies that fall under that (ie: you change it from grounded to hard, you'd get trophy for hard, normal, and easy). In your case, when you beat the game you'll only get the trophy for Easy. Sorry! Should have looked up a walkthrough. :)

But my point was I didn't even beat the chapter (or check point even). All I did was switch to easy, gathered a ton of supplies, switched back to Grounded and left off exactly where I was last but I had the supplies from Easy.

Once I realized my error I switched back thinking those supplies would go away but they didn't.

That has to be a bug/glitch.

plainr_

You should go for it. I was turned off at first too, but it sounds more daunting that it actually is. Each trophy can be knocked out over a single weekend. It kinda breezes by once you get into the surprisingly addictive meta game of keeping your camp alive.

I'm usually not a MP guy, but I'll admit it was a fun diversion. I'm glad I gave it a shot.

Okay, I'll probably give it a shot but if it starts to feel like a chore I will most likely drop it. I honestly don't mind a bit of a challenge but the matchmaking drives me crazy.

kubus

yeah, i just noticed a glitch, got to my backpack and 2 of my pill upgrades were missing, and that was because i used chapter select to see if i could get a shiv door when i couldnt

so i've gone back to the main menu loaded up my last first playthrough save (which didnt load the game up but took me straight back to the main menu oddly, and starting new game plus again)

should a save in new game plus show a + symbol?
Just checked. In the save select screen it doesn't, but if you press the Options button and then go to Information, it should say "#% Complete New Game Plus" on your save file.

Just checked. In the save select screen it doesn't, but if you press the Options button and then go to Information, it should say "#% Complete New Game Plus" on your save file.

once I get out of chapter 1 i'll check. Yeah it does 1%Complete New Game Plus doesnt say what difficulty though, should it?

FYI for other people, dont chapter select, just go straight to new game plus

as much as i love this game i wish it were possible to skip chapter 1 on new game plus

reloading my last save again the restarting my missing supplements are back. DO NOT LOOK FOR COLLECTIBLES VIA CHAPTER SELECT UNTIL AFTER NEW GAME PLUS

Hubb

as much as i love this game i wish it were possible to skip chapter 1 on new game plus

I thought the same thing originally, but it really only takes 15 minutes (if that) once you know everything and just let it go. No need to check extra places when you are controlling
Sarah
, just go to the points to move the game forward.

The beginning of chapter 2 is worse for me. Though I do like a lot of Tess' dialogue so that helps that section along.

Okay, I'll probably give it a shot but if it starts to feel like a chore I will most likely drop it. I honestly don't mind a bit of a challenge but the matchmaking drives me crazy.

The MP is very fun but I can also understand your hesitation. I got hooked for a while on the PS3 version, finished one of the 12 week campaigns and really enjoyed it. I've done ~4 weeks on PS4 and have mostly lost my motivation. Pretty sure it takes 84 matches (1 day/match) to finish the 12 weeks required for each trophy so you have to be pretty invested in it. It's not very challenging, you don't have to be great at the MP to survive your camp and get over 40 survivors required for the other trophy, but it does take some time.

So I've just met
Henry and Sam
any idea how far I am through? currently on hard not aiming for any particular trophies and just enjoying the game.

terrible

Banned
Thing is, I don't want to play 24 weeks worth of matches for those trophies. I've already spent too much time on SP as it is. :\

I feel the same way kind of. I actually have zero interest in the multiplayer since I don't really like how slow 3rd person online shooters usually are. I have all the single player trophies though so I want the platinum now. I wish they didn't have any multiplayer trophies in this game.

kubus

Ffs I was stuck at the part where you
escape the University
and I finally had a good run with good chance of making it, and then the game crashed with that stupid error.

For some reason I'm getting more frustrated with my Grounded+ run than my normal Grounded run. Reallyyyy can't wait till I finish this and then go nuts on easy++

terrible

Banned
Ffs I was stuck at the part where you
escape the University
and I finally had a good run with good chance of making it, and then the game crashed with that stupid error.

For some reason I'm getting more frustrated with my Grounded+ run than my normal Grounded run. Reallyyyy can't wait till I finish this and then go nuts on easy++

I got my only crash in that spot too!

I did an Easy playthrough after Grounded. It was so satisfying having more supplies than I could carry at all times and wasting ammo on easy enemies like it was nothing lol.

Carcetti

That grounded mode. Played through the
Hotel Basement
yesterday. I was really dreading that part but managed to do it in a single attempt. I was swinging those bricks like crazy. Then I got to the door, went to next encounter and died to
a spore bomb that the bloater threw after me. Apparently it can kill you through walls.

frogger

Hit a bug yesterday. In downtown, there is a place you need to pull down the ladder. But when i click triangle, it points to another direction. I had to reload the encounter to pull down the ladder.

owlbeak

But my point was I didn't even beat the chapter (or check point even). All I did was switch to easy, gathered a ton of supplies, switched back to Grounded and left off exactly where I was last but I had the supplies from Easy.

Once I realized my error I switched back thinking those supplies would go away but they didn't.

Doesn't matter, it still knows you switched difficulty. :[

terrible

Banned
I loved Ellie's reaction to one of her jokes from her book.

People are telling apocalypse jokes like there's no tomorrow.

There's a small pause then she says
"Too soon"

What is a good brick strategy? Do you just run up to an enemy and just pound on the square button? Or should ou stun the enemy with the brick? I'd like to know as my ammo management isn't very good :D

Bricks or bottles are for stunning enemies. Grab them and then strangle them once they are stunned. On the easier difficulties you can just bash their brains in by hitting square when you have the brick out though lol. That's always fun.

Sande

Damn, I didn't think the
hotel basement
could be this intense after beating the game 6 time. The one (or two) hitting stalkers on grounded make the
desperate rush in the end
with barely any ammo very intimidating.

leng jai

I have no idea why you think it would be a glitch. As soon as you switch the difficulty it's registered by the game, very simple concept. I'm pretty sure every other game does it like this also.

Bricks or bottles are for stunning enemies. Grab them and then strangle them once they are stunned. On the easier difficulties you can just bash their brains in by hitting square when you have the brick out though lol. That's always fun.

This doesn't apply to clickers though, right? I can only use shivs on them?

Marvel

could never
What is a good brick strategy? Do you just run up to an enemy and just pound on the square button? Or should ou stun the enemy with the brick? I'd like to know as my ammo management isn't very good :D

Timing is key when starting a front on fight with a brick, I've got the technique down now. Though you can still be slapped once when trying, risky and I wouldn't do that on Grounded if I were you. Best thing to do is kill a clicker with one from behind if no shivs are available with a brick as you cannot kill them from the front with one.

Also don't bother using them on Humans unless it is to throw one for a stun attack as you can just choke them out or knock them out easily enough.

Bricks are precious so only use them when you literally have like 2 bullets across all guns. Throwing them can save your life against Humans in a tight spot, I know they have with me many times especially when they have a gun.

Good luck!

Gurish

Since quite a few fellow Gaffers supported me and were interested in buying one, i can tell that my Clicker Skull design is now officially on sale on Redbubble and Neatoshop (got no luck with Teefury and other sites like those this time, it happens!).
It's available both in colors and grayscale, but i removed the Fireflies logo since i eventually beat the game and i can't stand those fuckers, LOL.
Thanks for the appreciation guys! :d

BtjQAdqIIAAoIai.jpg:large

http://www.redbubble.com/people/mdk7/works/12409907-clicker-skull-the-last-of-us?p=t-shirt
http://www.neatoshop.com/product/Clicker-Skull-The-Last-of-Us

These looks wonderful, great job! (unfortunately I can't order as I'm not living in the states)

And I'm surprised by the amount of skilled and brave players around here that are going for Grounded and even manage to beat it, I don't think i will ever even try this, Survival is the best I'm gonna do, Grounded just seems masochistic and frustrating to me but I guess that if you are really good at this game it's not impossible.

K' Dash

So guys I'm holding off my new game + while I get the PS Gold Headset, I've been using my brothers Pulse Elite and they're amazing, are the Gold really better than those?

So guys I'm holding off my new game + while I get the PS Gold Headset, I've been using my brothers Pulse Elite and they're amazing, are the Gold really better than those?

Not sure. My Elite's are awesome but they bug out and lose connection every now and again. Have some Gold's on order. Hopefully they fixed that problem.

glottis8

Banned
Not sure. My Elite's are awesome but they bug out and lose connection every now and again. Have some Gold's on order. Hopefully they fixed that problem.

I have noticed this, but only in some games. The headset beeps and you loose sound. Then it comes back again. Is this the same issue? i would figure they would update drivers for their headset compatibility. Specially since these are sony as well.

Apart from that, headset works great. Used it all the time in Destiny with no disconnect or issues.

kubus

So I'm at the
Infected+Bloater fight with David
again on Grounded+.

Least fun part of Grounded for me. They really should've put a checkpoint there.

I go into this battle with just 2 arrows and 4 rifle shells. Fuuuuuck

EDIT: I DID IT. BRICK FUCKING MAAAAAAASTER

terrible

Banned
You can do that on any difficulty even to clickers if they haven't noticed you.

Yeah, though the risk involved makes it not worth it. On grounded for example I wouldn't even recommend killing clickers at all unless you're forced to. Just crouch with a weapon out and you can get sickeningly close to them without alerting them. With regular enemies stunning then choking is way safer too.

Yeah, you pretty much have to do that on grounded cuz bricks are the one thing that there is an abundance of.

Bricks are scarce to the point where avoiding enemies instead of bricking them on grounded makes the most sense.

So I'm at the
Infected+Bloater fight with David
again on Grounded+.

Least fun part of Grounded for me. They really should've put a checkpoint there.

I go into this battle with just 2 arrows and 4 rifle shells. Fuuuuuck

EDIT: I DID IT. BRICK FUCKING MAAAAAAASTER

Throw brick/bottle + melee. Saved me countless times in Grounded.

Top Bottom