• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Yeah, though the risk involved makes it not worth it. On grounded for example I wouldn't even recommend killing clickers at all unless you're forced to. Just crouch with a weapon out and you can get sickeningly close to them without alerting them. With regular enemies stunning then choking is way safer too.

Bricks are scarce to the point where avoiding enemies instead of bricking them on grounded makes the most sense.

Well yeah, avoiding enemies is always the best on grounded mode. There are a few places where most people think you have to fight, but can actually avoid enemies such as
the walk through the garden after the church with Bill, you can completel avoid those clickers if you're extremely careful. Same with the room full of runners and clickers in the sewers, but that can be tough unless you know exactly what to do and time it absolutely correctly.

knitoe

Throw brick/bottle + melee. Saved me countless times in Grounded.

Yep.

If you can't stealth takedown, throw brick / bottle + grab + takedown.

For clickers, throw brick / bottle + melee weapon equal 1 hit kill.
Well yeah, avoiding enemies is always the best on grounded mode. There are a few places where most people think you have to fight, but can actually avoid enemies such as
the walk through the garden after the church with Bill, you can completel avoid those clickers if you're extremely careful. Same with the room full of runners and clickers in the sewers, but that can be tough unless you know exactly what to do and time it absolutely correctly.
I am not patience enough to inch craw.

kubus

Throw brick/bottle + melee. Saved me countless times in Grounded.
Haha you say it like it's so easy. There's only so many bottles and bricks in that area (I believe just 4) and you're constantly fighting in a narrow space with lots of corners where these fuckers can jump out from. Brick won't do much good when there's a runner already dining on my neck :p

Also running while equipping a brick from the item menu destroyed my hand. Luckily I'm an experienced Clawer thanks to Monster Hunter on the PSP or I might have broken something just now lol.

Rest of the game is cake now, so happy to get past that part!

Haha you say it like it's so easy. There's only so many bottles and bricks in that area (I believe just 4) and you're constantly fighting in a narrow space with lots of corners where these fuckers can jump out from. Brick won't do much good when there's a runner already dining on my neck :p

Also running while equipping a brick from the item menu destroyed my hand. Luckily I'm an experienced Clawer thanks to Monster Hunter on the PSP or I might have broken something just now lol.

Rest of the game is cake now, so happy to get past that part!

I can't even imagine the struggle during that section. Even on Normal, that was a tough as nails fight for me. Agreed with the checkpoint;
why they don't have one before the bloater is beyond me.

terrible

Banned

I got through the entire
sewer section using only a molotov and a smoke bomb
on grounded. Heck, that might be the only way to do it for all I know. Resources are so scarce.

daveo42

Banned
Finally got a screenshot in the screenshot contest after looking through about 150 photos I had on my PS4. I think I ignored photomode in the majority of Winter for some odd reason.

Started up Left Behind and I still love the
transitions between early Winter and the Boston QZ. The Halloween shop is almost always a highlight just for the amount of stuff you can do in such a small space.
Not sure why I didn't do this on Grounded, but whatever. I'll run it again after clearing it in the main game.

Not sure. My Elite's are awesome but they bug out and lose connection every now and again. Have some Gold's on order. Hopefully they fixed that problem.

Yeah I noticed that issue, like ten seconds once per session.

I have noticed this, but only in some games. The headset beeps and you loose sound. Then it comes back again. Is this the same issue? i would figure they would update drivers for their headset compatibility. Specially since these are sony as well.

Apart from that, headset works great. Used it all the time in Destiny with no disconnect or issues.

Thank you!! I was afraid I was all alone with this issue! I actually switched to using my ipod earbuds because it was happening so frequently on my last playthrough. I will be interested to know if it is any better with the golds.

K' Dash

Thank you!! I was afraid I was all alone with this issue! I actually switched to using my ipod earbuds because it was happening so frequently on my last playthrough. I will be interested to know if it is any better with the golds.

I'm buying the Golds today, I'll be posting some impressions later.

Voorhees

So I'm at the
Infected+Bloater fight with David
again on Grounded+.

Least fun part of Grounded for me. They really should've put a checkpoint there.

I go into this battle with just 2 arrows and 4 rifle shells. Fuuuuuck

EDIT: I DID IT. BRICK FUCKING MAAAAAAASTER

I just finished this part on Grounded last night. I had 3 arrows and 3 shells. I found the easiest thing to do was use the arrows/bullets on the clickers and then kite the runners to David. Once he does his little melee animation you can get one hit stabs in the head on them and they dropped shells 9 times out of 10. Molotov the bloater, hit him with the nail bomb and get him to walk through the fire again and he drops without a shot fired.

camac002

ok decided to new game plus after using chapter select and realising my lack of shivs

if you really wanted to lock that trophy as soon as possible you could have just started the Easy chapter before the chapter you needed and just blow by everything and collect all resources

Mdk7

These looks wonderful, great job! (unfortunately I can't order as I'm not living in the states)

And I'm surprised by the amount of skilled and brave players around here that are going for Grounded and even manage to beat it, I don't think i will ever even try this, Survival is the best I'm gonna do, Grounded just seems masochistic and frustrating to me but I guess that if you are really good at this game it's not impossible.

I'm not from the US either, i am pretty sure they both ship worldwide!
And, of course, thanks for the kind words!

Regarding the game, hard was more than enough for me (i suck horribly at stealth).

Since quite a few fellow Gaffers supported me and were interested in buying one, i can tell that my Clicker Skull design is now officially on sale on Redbubble and Neatoshop (got no luck with Teefury and other sites like those this time, it happens!).
It's available both in colors and grayscale, but i removed the Fireflies logo since i eventually beat the game and i can't stand those fuckers, LOL.
Thanks for the appreciation guys! :d

BtjQAdqIIAAoIai.jpg:large

http://www.redbubble.com/people/mdk7/works/12409907-clicker-skull-the-last-of-us?p=t-shirt
http://www.neatoshop.com/product/Clicker-Skull-The-Last-of-Us
That's a really great t-shirt design! Mad kudos to you. You are very skilled. Am I the only one that gets a little squeamish looking at it, though? :p

kubus

I just finished this part on Grounded last night. I had 3 arrows and 3 shells. I found the easiest thing to do was use the arrows/bullets on the clickers and then kite the runners to David. Once he does his little melee animation you can get one hit stabs in the head on them and they dropped shells 9 times out of 10. Molotov the bloater, hit him with the nail bomb and get him to walk through the fire again and he drops without a shot fired.
Yeah I used the exact same strategy. Only difference being that I only found two rifle shells and a few arrows (most retrieved instead of dropped) and that's it :(. On my previous Grounded playthrough they dropped way more ammo. Greedy bastards!

Ellie's brick+knife kill is so satisfying though! I'm gonna miss that when it switches back to Joel. Dude should carry a knife too.

Mdk7

That's a really great t-shirt design! Mad kudos to you. You are very skilled. Am I the only one that gets a little squeamish looking at it, though? :p

ahaha, it's meant to be a little horrific and dark, but i'm sorry if it's making you uncomfortable.
And thanks for the appreciaton buddy! ;)

I'm buying the Golds today, I'll be posting some impressions later.

Awesome, I'm excited to see if they fixed that issue. It had been pretty rare, to the point where it didn't bother me too much but (maybe it was location, I was at a beach house on vacation when the issue got really bad) I stopped using them through my winter/spring playthrough because it happened so regularly that it was a pretty huge distraction.

It's sad when my ipod earbuds work better than my $130 headphones that are designed to work specifically with PlayStation products. :(

Grady

Just finished the game for the first time on hard. What an amazing game. Going to play grounded mode next. Will starting a new game on grounded erase my hard new game plus option? Would like to Keep it open so I can go back to it to finish upgrading the weapons later and get all the collectibles I missed. Trying to 100 percent the whole package. Or maybe I can focus on the collectibles first...

MrS

Banned
Up to Winter on Grounded+, can't wait to jump back in when i get home from work. Gonna watch that 90 minute Grounded: Making Of documentary too!

glottis8

Banned
Up to Winter on Grounded+, can't wait to jump back in when i get home from work. Gonna watch that 90 minute Remastered: Making Of documentary too!

Did they add the documentary on PS4 as well? is it part of the game? i have not checked.

kubus

Just finished the game for the first time on hard. What an amazing game. Going to play grounded mode next. Will starting a new game on grounded erase my hard new game plus option? Would like to Keep it open so I can go back to it to finish upgrading the weapons later and get all the collectibles I missed. Trying to 100 percent the whole package. Or maybe I can focus on the collectibles first...
You could also use a glitch/trick to start New Game+ on Grounded. To do this, start NG+, complete the prologue, then when you're in Chapter 1 (with Tess) go back to the menu and you should be able to choose Grounded now in Chapter select.

(I haven't used this trick but I think this is how it works. You can probably google it to make sure you get it right)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
You could also use a glitch/trick to start New Game+ on Grounded. To do this, start NG+, complete the prologue, then when you're in Chapter 1 (with Tess) go back to the menu and you should be able to choose Grounded now in Chapter select.

(I haven't used this trick but I think this is how it works. You can probably google it to make sure you get it right)
It works. I'm doing it right now.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Yup, that works. On top of the infinite shiv glitch and a much easier glitch that almost destroys the difficulty if you do it, I'm surprised that stuff was left alone.

I got the golds a few days ago and love them, though I never had the pulse elites to compare. But there hasn't been any connection dropping.

Oh yeah, killing Clickers with bricks is a god damn revelation. With how easy they are to lose you can smash ones face in, retreat, rest your brick arm and go in for another face smash.

I had absolutely no idea.

Come at me, Clickers.

kubus

Finished Grounded+! I think I did everything after the infected battle with
David
in one go o_o. I've perfected my strategies for the last sections :D.

To my surprise I also unlocked all shiv doors but that was completely unintentional. Pretty cool.

Only thing left for 100% is fully upgrading all of Joel's weapons and.. Well multiplayer. Not sure if I want to deal with that. Why did they have to put MP trophies in there?!

terrible

Banned
Booyah! I got it.

Figured out a pretty easy stealth route for the last section of the Capitol Building if anyone is interested.

That's basically the same route I took on grounded except I stuck to the right side and stealth killed a guy walking through the rooms to the right before the exit. Took me several tries before I found that route but it seemed solid.

Finished Grounded+! I think I did everything after the infected battle with
David
in one go o_o. I've perfected my strategies for the last sections :D.

To my surprise I also unlocked all shiv doors but that was completely unintentional. Pretty cool.

Only thing left for 100% is fully upgrading all of Joel's weapons and.. Well multiplayer. Not sure if I want to deal with that. Why did they have to put MP trophies in there?!

My thoughts exactly :(

You are not alone. It seems like it happens a lot during TLOU gameplay for some reason. I never had the problem with GoW or Killzone

BumRush

GAF, so far I'm amazed by the game...I'm about 2-3 hours in and the story, characters and graphics are top notch (even the gameplay...why are people saying the gameplay is subpar!?). One question though. I'm playing on normal and I've probably died 20 times already...is this par for the course? I'm trying to go stealth as much as possible but have been overrun by clickers so many times.

kubus

GAF, so far I'm amazed by the game...I'm about 2-3 hours in and the story, characters and graphics are top notch (even the gameplay...why are people saying the gameplay is subpar!?). One question though. I'm playing on normal and I've probably died 20 times already...is this par for the course? I'm trying to go stealth as much as possible but have been overrun by clickers so many times.
Learn the Art of the Brick and become a Brick Master.

Andrew.

Banned

Good thing you're playing on Normal dude. Hopefully you'll get better over time because you definitely got some heated battles up ahead.

And yeah become a BRICK-FUCKING-MASTER!

Learn the Art of the Brick and become a Brick Master.

I don't understand. I'm having the same problem and I'm kinda taking a break from the game due to frustration.

What should I be using the bricks for? Hitting enemies from range? Throwing as a distraction? Beating them to death? Seems no matter what I try I get rushed and killed.

I don't understand. I'm having the same problem and I'm kinda taking a break from the game due to frustration.

What should I be using the bricks for? Hitting enemies from range? Throwing as a distraction? Beating them to death? Seems no matter what I try I get rushed and killed.

The reason bricks are so important is because you can stun and kill most anything with 1-2 hits AFTER the enemy has been stunned by hitting them with a brick. The exception are clickers, which require something other than your fists, like a melee weapon. Great way to conserve ammo. Bottles do the same thing, only they make much more noise which makes them perfect as a lure/distraction.

Top Bottom