• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Marvel

could never
Did you stick to the left side for that? That area was a pain until I realized you could go left right at the start. No clue how I missed those stairs.

Yeah left side stairs, I missed them too lol.

For those that don't know try this.

Head for the stairs to your left, sprint over the bins in front of you, head slightly left and jump down from the wall and approach the doorway straight in front. Immediately turn back and climb the wall, hide and wait for the men to go past. Then sneak all the way up to the fence and go over it.

Then just sprint to the snipers house and all the way up to his room.

Did it first try, best way.

Yeah left side stairs, I missed them too lol.

For those that don't know try this.

Head for the stairs to your left, sprint over the bins in front of you, head slightly left and jump down from the wall and approach the doorway straight in front. Immediately turn back and climb the wall, hide and wait for the men to go past. Then sneak all the way up to the fence and go over it.

Then just sprint to the snipers house and all the way up to his room.

Did it first try, best way.

Even on survivor you can cheese this part and just run straight up this route and into the house.

Ferr986

Aaaaand game done.
Well.... count me in on those who liked the ending

I think it was the perfect ending for this game, neither too dark or too happy, more like bittersweet. I think both characters won and lost something. Not talking about the vaccine and the fate of humanity, there was a lot of variables there.

Joel won a daughter, a reason to life after all those years. But the fear of losing it again kind of turns him into a "monster". Im not saying what he did is wrong, but how he did. He just killed everyone without giving a word, even the doctors or that chick that cant remember her name lol
Or maybe thats human nature afterall? The world is fucked up and that makes show how humans can be in reaityy, just look on how fucked everyone is (killers, cannibals...), its a world where morality just takes you to your death. Tommy already says so If im not mistaken, humans can be more dangerous than infecteds, or something like that...

For Ellie, she won a father, she doesnt have to be alone again. But on the other side I think she was kind of ready to give her life for a cure, even if she got lied by the Fireflyes. Notice how in Spring she's already more distant than usual, and she though it was the right thing after that promise with her friend (I suppose that will be shown in the DLC). Also, she knows that Joel is lying to her.

I wonder if that could harm their relationship. She really felt a little reluctant at the end.

I just missed one thing, a little explanation about the infection. A fungus appearing out of nowhere and turning everyone into zombies is a little weird, but maybe they save it for future installments

Overall I liked the game, more than I though. Not in a "10/10 Citizen Kane of videogames" way or even personal GOTY, but It was an overall fun ride with good story and characters, and it cant be argued its a very well made game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Even on survivor you can cheese this part and just run straight up this route and into the house.

Yup, that part is way easier with the stairs. I also tend to throw a smoke bomb over the fence to run behind the house, then head in from the back and go up to the sniper's room.

Huggers

Couple of things.

How much harder is grounded than Surviour? I'm motoring through it on Survivour so far. Up to chapter 6 without a hitch.

Also,
The part where Ellie gives the robot to Henry's brother. Amazing that if you watch her carefully, earlier on she hangs around the robot in the toy store, looking suspicious, when you turn away she walks off and the robot has gone. Brilliant attention to detail.

Jobbs

Banned
So, Left Behind:
Using clickers/zombies vs David's men was fun, but I really wish the flashback didn't end before Riley had turned. Also found the whole lesbian angle to be unnecessary and borderline exploitative.

The book of puns and the photo booth were really sweet moments, however.

Exploitative in what way?

I think the idea that she had a romantic involvement with the character adds emphasis on this event and even better explains how it stayed with her (she references Riley at the very end). It didn't seem forced at all.

If you think it's exploitative simply because she happens to be a lesbian (or possibly bisexual) then I'm not sure what to tell you. Sometimes, in life, people become involved with people of the same gender. This happens in real life. It's part of the overall human experience.

wotter

Holy shit at the sewers.

The note from Kyle, the bodies of the children and the writing on the floor 'They didn't suffer'

:(

venom2124

maybe after some update? im pretty sure i used this and still got my survivor trophy after my first and only playthrough.

well maybe my memory is just playing tricks.
Memory is tricking you. Survivor was locked on ps3. Hardest difficulty from the start was hard. Survivor was available on a second playthrough.

Cloudy

Banned
So, Left Behind:
Using clickers/zombies vs David's men was fun, but I really wish the flashback didn't end before Riley had turned. Also found the whole lesbian angle to be unnecessary and borderline exploitative.

I don't get this.
Would you have felt the same if Ellie had the same scene with a dude?

What mode is everyone playing on their first run through? I started on Hard and I must say the difficulty seems perfectly balanced. Challenging but not frustrating. I am even thinking I can handle Survivor for a second play trough

Marvel

could never
What mode is everyone playing on their first run through? I started on Hard and I must say the difficulty seems perfectly balanced. Challenging but not frustrating. I am even thinking I can handle Survivor for a second play trough

I did Hard first and now I'm on Grounded+.

Holy shit at the sewers.

The note from Kyle, the bodies of the children and the writing on the floor 'They didn't suffer'

Yeah that was rough.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Also,
The part where Ellie gives the robot to Henry's brother. Amazing that if you watch her carefully, earlier on she hangs around the robot in the toy store, looking suspicious, when you turn away she walks off and the robot has gone. Brilliant attention to detail.

Yeah I made sure to look out for this when I replayed it last time, since I forgot in all my other runs.
It's amazing that they included this. If you keep watching her, she'll stand in front of it but do nothing. If you turn for a split second, the robot is gone.

I was doing some cleanup on easy, and the amount of supplies you find is so ridiculous, it even breaks the immersion. It's a regular candyland. Playing on hard or survivor feels right for the state the world is in. Open drawer, nothing inside.

Hard feels like the perfect difficulty for a first run. You get more than enough to get by, but you won't be maxing your items either.

Jobbs

Banned

Hard was perfect my first time through. I say to anyone -- if you are generally adept at games and generally can deal with playing most games, then hard will feel like a fun challenge but without being overwhelming. It's what "normal" should be, IMO.

thlousshky2.gif

Hunter runs towards Ellie, she runs off and I pop him in the head.

leng jai

I seriously think they nerfed the difficulty in survivor. I had so many supplies and ammo at the end it was almost disappointing.

found a great way to deal with clickers but its an endgame/dlc spoiler
(as Ellie, watch the path a clicker takes when they arent there move near to it, and let the clicker come to you, then mash triangle and you will instant kill it)

terrible

Banned
Grounded is the way to go
For a mode that I thought was supposed to be made only for the most hardcore of players grounded mode was way easier than I was expecting even. I didn't reach a point where I wished food poisoning on whoever made the mode and not once did I feel like an area was impossible. That's good though, it meant it was enjoyable lol. I came in thinking it'd crush my soul though.

For a mode that I thought was supposed to be made only for the most hardcore of players grounded mode was way easier than I was expecting even. I didn't reach a point where I wished food poisoning on whoever made the mode and not once did I feel like an area was impossible. That's good though, it meant it was enjoyable lol. I came in thinking it'd crush my soul though.

Yeah it's actually very enjoyable. At first I was looking at the times between checkpoints like, "Are you kidding me?" After plugging away at it though, it's all pretty doable. You really have to focus on optimizing.

The bookstore in Pittsburgh, eventually I figured out away to sneak through it in about a minute. The mode kind of opens your eyes up. It's cool

FLEABttn

Banned
Mine was the same. I thought I was supposed to get a pre-order bonus code or something but I guess not.

That should have been on a separate e-mail or on your receipt.

Edit, or maybe not? I got a pre-order bonus code that way but I don't recall the outside of the case saying day 1 edition anywhere.

murgo

Yeah it's actually very enjoyable. At first I was looking at the times between checkpoints like, "Are you kidding me?" After plugging away at it though, it's all pretty doable. You really have to focus on optimizing.

The bookstore in Pittsburgh, eventually I figured out away to sneak through it in about a minute. The mode kind of opens your eyes up. It's cool

Took the words out of my mouth. I too expected it to be a lot harder. I managed to get past the dam pretty easily.

Carcetti

I hated grounded on first nights too but now I'm loving the mode. Don't really mind redoing sections since you really learn the game in a new way while doing it.

Top Bottom