• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

I think you need to actually load the file you beat the game with, then continue from there. It is kinda weird because you recollect the stuff you've picked up already(except training manuals), but the easiest way to make sure it worked is to aim a gun and see if it's swaying or not.

Hmm I could have sworn I did that but I tried it again and everything seems like it carried over this time. Now you just have to figure out what I collected and what I haven't. It's a good thing I like this game...

Also I've had some of the joke book prompts not trigger as well. Annoying.

IndustryX

Haven't struggled to much at any point with grounded+ really. Been trying to do it completely stealth basically using no guns, other then forced parts,but even then in my encounters i sneak around and flank the enemies until i can take the guy out quietly. Just hit winter and Joel has a very healthy amount of ammo in every single gun! Alot of the time i'll wait for an ai teammate to do the killing, while I use myself as a distraction, or throw a bottle/brick and go for the melee (Brick+Melee is basically a stealth kill) or hide from the enemy so i can try to stealth it again after they go back to patrolling. although I wish I had more parts to hit every shiv door.. the only parts I had to keep redoing was the sewers, because dammit those things have sensitive hearing! I find the humans extremely easy to deal with they can't hear you at full speed crouch walk so it's really ease to sneak up on them. One tip I have is use 360° furniture to your advantage (Example a couch, or island in a kitchen)

JaseMath

Question: Is Grounded difficulty called such because being grounded is punishment? So it's essentially punishment mode, right?

KZObsessed

Completed Grounded+ and loved it. Final battle was easy this time as had 3 nail bombs and 3 molotovs. :p

Just one more playthrough to mop up the rest of the collectibles and I'm done.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Tommy's dam

I did that part today. It took me over an hour
KuGsj.gif

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I've been watching a first timer stream today which has been incredibly fun, so my grounded run was put on hold. I'm in ch5 and it's going really well, love the extra challenge. I'd advise everyone to check it out.

I can't see why the dam would be so hard on Grounded, but apparently it is.

Could someone do me a massive favour and link me some real good youtube links for Grounded walkthroughs. I'm having real trouble in the school area before the bloater :(

Draper

I've been watching a first timer stream today which has been incredibly fun, so my grounded run was put on hold. I'm in ch5 and it's going really well, love the extra challenge. I'd advise everyone to check it out.

You will see. Just made it to winter. So wait is there a glitch that allows you to complete grounded without actually doing so?

If so, that sucks.

sense

Haven't struggled to much at any point with grounded+ really. Been trying to do it completely stealth basically using no guns, other then forced parts,but even then in my encounters i sneak around and flank the enemies until i can take the guy out quietly. Just hit winter and Joel has a very healthy amount of ammo in every single gun! Alot of the time i'll wait for an ai teammate to do the killing, while I use myself as a distraction, or throw a bottle/brick and go for the melee (Brick+Melee is basically a stealth kill) or hide from the enemy so i can try to stealth it again after they go back to patrolling. although I wish I had more parts to hit every shiv door.. the only parts I had to keep redoing was the sewers, because dammit those things have sensitive hearing! I find the humans extremely easy to deal with they can't hear you at full speed crouch walk so it's really ease to sneak up on them. One tip I have is use 360° furniture to your advantage (Example a couch, or island in a kitchen)

i have been playing exactly like you and was stuck in the sewers for like an hour against those runners. was able to hide in a couple of spots where they walk by and i grab them this way i don't have to tail them because they most likely hear it. took out 4 of them and the last one which was roaming above close to the clicker was a pain and i could have avoided and exited but i kinda like to kill everything and ended up killing it just to see 4 more runners spawn out of nowhere... ended up using my shotty bullets to kill the rest and the clickers....was kinda low on health and refused to health pack as well lol. fun and testing times this mode i say. .

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
You will see. Just made it to winter. So wait is there a glitch that allows you to complete grounded without actually doing so?

If so, that sucks.

There's a glitch that allows you to start grounded+ from any difficulty, but that's it. I'm allowing myself that luxury too tbh.

Melchiah

Just got the trophy for "That's all I got"
(Survive all of Ellie's jokes)
, which I missed on the PS3, and I was surprised it unlocked before the
sniper
part, in the end of the
summer.

IndustryX

i have been playing exactly like you and was stuck in the sewers for like an hour against those runners. was able to hide in a couple of spots where they walk by and i grab them this way i don't have to tail them because they most likely hear it. took out 4 of them and the last one which was roaming above close to the clicker was a pain and i could have avoided and exited but i kinda like to kill everything and ended up killing it just to see 4 more runners spawn out of nowhere... ended up using my shotty bullets to kill the rest and the clickers....was kinda low on health and refused to health pack as well lol. fun and testing times this mode i say. .

I took out the first one on the left hand side room by hiding beside the doorway and grabbing it and strangling it (The one with the scissors and parts inside), then slowly took out the one who wasnt moving right in front of that room, then waited for my shot with the bow and hit the one walking around up the main stairs, slowly creeped by the clicker up the stairs, grabbed my arrow, snuck to the exit and shot my bow into the clickers head for the perfect stealth :) Arrow didn't break either shot!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

You only have a couple bullets and there's no checkpoints. You have to do it all in one go.

MMaRsu

Excellent and well thought out posts, guys.

Seriously, would you mind sharing why? I can't stand posts like these. Explain yourselves! That's what these threads are all about. I respect other peoples opinions and am genuinely curious as to why people don't enjoy certain aspects of this game.

I had already posted why a few pages back. Im on mobile and dont feel like typing it all out again.

Beat it for the first time.

God damn.
Even though I actually agreed with the Firefly's, I still blew away the doctor and the nurses. I don't know why. Only later did I wonder if I could have punched him out. Then he lies to Ellie. It's so fucked, and conflicting.

The perfect kind of ending. One of the greatest games ever made.

MrDenny

I'm currently playing on grounded chapter 5, and the game just resetted from the last check point randomly even though I didn't die.
The enemy was walking away, then it looks like a box covered in cloth was loading up and appeared out of no where, then the game restarted.

chaosaeon

Man. Was it just me, or were the black levels during the rainy area at night with tess and ellie going through the tipped towers absolutely horrible? Their post process effects are messed there. I think they tried to go for a hazy effect but it completely looks like shit.

Quite a few people have mentioned this same feeling, but no one's said whether or not ND knows about it to address it.

Hubb

God damn.
Even though I actually agreed with the Firefly's, I still blew away the doctor and the nurses. I don't know why. Only later did I wonder if I could have punched him out. Then he lies to Ellie. It's so fucked, and conflicting.

If you melee
Joel takes the knife right to the doctor's jugular

God damn.

same with me... what an amazing game...just could not quit playing this w/e... some of the best if not the best level design ever...

only criticism i can give this game would be some of the water puzzles but that's really nitpicking...

Top Bottom