• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

mstevens

Just beat survivor for the first time! It really wasn't all that bad. If grounded had the same checkpoints, I'd be more likely to attempt it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
At the final area on Grounded. Too tired to be able to actually pull off stealth though so I'll finish it tomorrow.

Evidently I missed one conversation somewhere in the game despite consulting a guide :/

milkham

I just got to the school parking lot on my Grounded run. Damn, I forgot how bad this game gets your heart racing on the hardest difficulties. Besides the hanging upside down part, I've fired a total of 3 bullets. I have no idea how I'm going to get through this parking lot with it forcing combat on you.

use a school bus, the second one you see with a table next to it, run up there, make sure you have a brick or a bottle in case they grab bill or ellie then kick them off the bus as they crawl up, just remember they can climb up the hood of the bus too.

Damn I thought it was nearing the end (like 75%).

Also is this a USA pandemic or a global epidemic?

http://thelastofus.wikia.com/wiki/Newspaper_Clipping
relevant part
"With the latest WHO report estimating that as much as 60 percent of the world's population is either dead or infected by the CBI pandemic..."

After playing with Ellie for a while, it's bizarre just how much better she is at killing Clickers than Joel is.

If a Knife is so well equipped to kill clickers, why doesn't Joel carry one? Kind of makes the shiv thing absurd.

delume

VICTORY! That is all trophies except the Firefly and Hunter multiplayer ones. Those two look like they will take time rather than skill. What a relief and what a truly masterful game. Winter will forever be burnt into my brain as this game's summit. The rest was fine but winter, CURSE YOU! :) If you have time I recommend a grounded run-through, forces you to play better and feel the fear.

After playing with Ellie for a while, it's bizarre just how much better she is at killing Clickers than Joel is.

If a Knife is so well equipped to kill clickers, why doesn't Joel carry one? Kind of makes the shiv thing absurd.

Yeah, I thought the same. But if you just could knife them all it would maybe be too easy.

Ferr986

Fuck. The consequences for
humanity are just staggering. Yet I know why he does it.

Successfully setting up character conflict where each side is in the right yet completely opposed, is the kind of expert writing that is almost unheard of in video games. We need more of it.

/starts knitting a naughty dog flag.

If you like low budget japanese games you could give Nier a chance.

lol yeah I noticed it too. She sucks at meeleing but is a clicker killing machine with stealth.

Btw, a little question, if I complete a difficulty on NG via the glitch, say NG+ Survivor, but I didnt complete regular Survivor playthough, do I get the trophy for Survivor NG and NG+? or only NG+?

What the fuck? God damn it

I was doing the section where Joel
gives Ellie the rifle in Pittsburgh.
I stealth kill everyone I can find but the encounter doesn't end. After a while I don't even bother sneaking anymore. After about 10 minutes of running around I find a guy in a spot I've checked at least 5 times. I get behind him and go for the choke but Joel does the knee to the face which alerts all the other enemies. What other enemies? I killed everyone. So I start sneaking around again and then I see a whole wave of enemies posted up on each end of the map but they don't know where I am. I mistakenly fire an arrow at an armoured guy. They all wake up. I fight them for a bit and finally some dude punches me once and I die.

The end.

I stealth killed everyone I could find then the last two I found near a wall I took out with a molotov and while they burned a new enemy popped into existance between them and a few more appeared nearby.

murgo

2014-08-11%2010.59.24.png

Just made Grounded my bitch :) That shit was intense and a lot of fun, but I'm glad it's finally over.

panty

Started the game yesterday and it's so damn dark. Everything's black as hell.

I've completed the game on the PS3 and it wasn't like this. Same TV and all.

What gives.

Neil_J_UK

Completed my run on normal last week, started grounded yesterday. I completed it on the PS3, so used a guide to get all the collectibles. I somehow missed 1 shiv door and 2 conversations, even though I'm 100% sure I followed the guide to a tee. I can only think that I died/stop playing at some point, and it didn't save the progress of the conversations/doors.

Started the game yesterday and it's so damn dark. Everything's black as hell.

I've completed the game on the PS3 and it wasn't like this. Same TV and all.

What gives.

I noticed that too - even with the brightness turned up to max it's still way too dark in certain sections. Thought it was just me!

Superflat

I coulda sworn I got all the shiv doors but the trophy hasn't popped yet. Looking at a list of them right in front of me and there isn't one that sticks out as one I didn't open :T

At least I completed all the collectibles, because that stuff drives me insane.

edit: also, I realized after my Grounded run, I can just fly through this game now in any other difficulty. Utilizing shortcuts and tricks I learned from Grounded, I can breeze through Winter in like less than an hour.

eso76

fuck ND for that remaster teaser.

And people telling me "that's not a spoiler !".
It fucking was, obviously.

: (

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I coulda sworn I got all the shiv doors but the trophy hasn't popped yet. Looking at a list of them right in front of me and there isn't one that sticks out as one I didn't open :T

Did you get the one in
winter, just outside of the motel in the blizzard as Joel? I only found that one with a guide.

Hubb

At the final area on Grounded. Too tired to be able to actually pull off stealth though so I'll finish it tomorrow.

Evidently I missed one conversation somewhere in the game despite consulting a guide :/

There is a good chance you didn't miss it. My game gave me the gold trophy for collecting everything and I know I did get everything. It didn't give me the shiv trophy or the artifact one.

kubus

At least I completed all the collectibles, because that stuff drives me insane.

edit: also, I realized after my Grounded run, I can just fly through this game now in any other difficulty. Utilizing shortcuts and tricks I learned from Grounded, I can breeze through Winter in like less than an hour.
Agh that sucks. Well since you got all collectibles, at least you can cross out a couple of the shiv doors because a number of them had collectibles inside. I assume that if the collectibles registered correctly, the accompying shiv door would've as well.

Good luck in finding the one you missed :(

rafaelr

There is a good chance you didn't miss it. My game gave me the gold trophy for collecting everything and I know I did get everything. It didn't give me the shiv trophy or the artifact one.

for the artifacts trophy, did you check out
(zoom in and turn it, until she says something about the object) every item in ellie´s backpack during winter?
i didn´t turn around a couple of them and that was a problem apparently.

I got every Shiv door yet when I look at stats it says I only got 6.

I don't know how they can screw up something so fundamentally simple but they did, and not just a little.

Hubb

for the artifacts trophy, did you check out
(zoom in and turn it, until she says something about the object) every item in ellie´s backpack during winter?
i didn´t turn around a couple of them and that was a problem apparently.
I quickly passed by each of them, but I didn't flip them. Thanks for the tip I'll try that when I get to that portion of the game.

murgo

I got every Shiv door yet when I look at stats it says I only got 6.

I don't know how they can screw up something so fundamentally simple but they did, and not just a little.

Had the same issue after my first playthrough. I had 5 opened doors even though I'd opened all of them. After opening 8 doors during my second playthrough the trophy finally popped. The same shit happened to the conversations and the jokes.

Has anyone noticed the bug in the unlockeable skins for Joel?

The skins with the bug are:

-Long Sleeve Denim Shirt
-Gold Plaid Shirt
-Red Plaid Shirt
-Purple Plaid Shirt

If you equip any of them, they will appear with 2 bandages all the time (even if you didn't cure yourself) and is kind of bothering me. :(

P.S. Could anyone with a twitter account inform of this bug to anyone at ND to see if the can fix it in the next update?

Stoze

Playing on Survivor, just got to Bill. Game looks great in 60fps. I'm surprised at how well I remember the environments and layouts of everything from playing it last year, kinda reduces the tension and excitement but I'm still having a great time. Anyone who is playing this version for the first time is in for a real treat.

Didn't realize until this play through that you can kill a Clicker by just attacking them with a brick. Unfortunately it still makes noise, but it still comes in handy.

Also I forget; does the 2nd shiv upgrade make it so every shiv kill only takes off half durability from a shiv? If so then I'll probably upgrade to get that first, then maybe better control over aim.

About to wrap up
Lakeside
chapter on grounded... jesus what a trial
ellie's parts
were. The first part where you're with
Robert in a tiny room with runners/clickers coming from 3 different directions and you get 1 shotted
.... I think it took me about ~25 reloads. I haven't sweared that much at a game in a while. I think I'm past the worst of it though, I've got a decent amount of consumables saved up for the home stretch. Should finish up all single player trophies tonight.

Melchiah

I don't remember whether the checkpoints were handled the same way on the PS3, but I love how eg. the nail bombs you've set stay in place when you retry the section.

On a side note, has anyone else witnessed the listening mode not working occasionally? It's been a handful of times, when the enemies just disappear for a while, and it's not because they'd be too far from my location.

It seems my second playthrough on normal is going to exceed my first 19-hour run on the PS3, as I just completed summer after 12 hours. I'm taking my time and enjoying the experience, playing one section/season per evening, and having breather days inbetween. It's a good thing I decided to postpone the 2nd playthrough in the last fall.

I've had a PS4 since launch. A friend of mine has come over a few times and played some stuff. Little Destiny alpha, some Resogun, a little Sportsfriends. She's always been an Xbox girl. She's been saying she wants a PS4 for a while now, but hadn't really pulled the trigger. After having drinks Saturday night I invited her and her husband up to play the opening portion of TLoU. She went and bought a PS4 and the game yesterday evening. I didn't think a remaster would be the thing that pushed someone over the edge, but it was.

I'm really interested to see what she thinks of the ending...and the controller in general. What a game to be your very first playstation game.

psychotron

About to wrap up
Lakeside
chapter on grounded... jesus what a trial
ellie's parts
were. The first part where you're with
Robert in a tiny room with runners/clickers coming from 3 different directions and you get 1 shotted
.... I think it took me about ~25 reloads. I haven't sweared that much at a game in a while. I think I'm past the worst of it though, I've got a decent amount of consumables saved up for the home stretch. Should finish up all single player trophies tonight.

Robert? You mean David?
Damn people confusing me. I had to google the
moose
thing last night because I thought I missed something the many times I've beaten the game, lol.

Just finished my Grounded+ run and immediately started a new game on Easy.
Time for revenge, motherfuckers!

Nice!! I am almost through
Pittsburgh, second half of financial district
on my Grounded+ run. It is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I am going to do a collectibles run on easy afterward to scoop up whatever I've missed. This game is soooo good! :)

I've had a PS4 since launch. A friend of mine has come over a few times and played some stuff. Little Destiny alpha, some Resogun, a little Sportsfriends. She's always been an Xbox girl. She's been saying she wants a PS4 for a while now, but hadn't really pulled the trigger. After having drinks Saturday night I invited her and her husband up to play the opening portion of TLoU. She went and bought a PS4 and the game yesterday evening. I didn't think a remaster would be the thing that pushed someone over the edge, but it was.

I'm really interested to see what she thinks of the ending...and the controller in general. What a game to be your very first playstation game.

Haha, that's awesome.

'The Last of Us effect'.

Robert? You mean David?
Damn people confusing me. I had to google the
moose
thing last night because I thought I missed something the many times I've beaten the game, lol.

Yea
David
. I had two friends in high school named
Robert and David
and I get those two names mixed up a lot lol.

Haha, that's awesome.

'The Last of Us effect'.

Yep!! That's awesome! It is one of the only games my wife enjoys watching me play because the story is so good. I want everybody to experience this game!

Yep!! That's awesome! It is one of the only games my wife enjoys watching me play because the story is so good. I want everybody to experience this game!

My fiancee would sometimes chuckle at the dialogue because she thought it was too melodramatic. She also doesn't play videogames outside of Harry Potter so I can understand her reasoning. But still! I love it.

No, I'm always on 60! It's not very pronounced but it's definitely there, on certain backgrounds I can see that ghosting/trailing on Ellie's model, for instance. Especially in dark backdrops. What bugs me is the fact that it only shows up in this game and only on certain NPCs and areas. Even with Led mode on it still shows a little. It doesn't manifest itself on geometry, which is weird. I even tried Fifa to test it (as football games are notorious for showing ghosting on the ball) and there's no perceptible ghosting whatsoever.. It's very odd. :/

You know.. I thought it was only me seeing this issue. I have an old Samsung plasma and I started seeing it. usually only when ellie or someone is standing still and I move the camera view. Never seen it before on anything else so I'm just assuming it's something in the game itself.. Maybe only shows on certain tvs or something. Still annoying though.

Lmao ^^^

My best friend showed this game to his Mother, like he does with most games he buys. She's usually not very interested, like most parents I suppose...but with this game, she actually sat and watched him play for a few hours and then asked if she could borrow his PS3 so she could play it herself, lmao.

There's just something about this game that makes people hooked and want to experience it themselves.

So I need to go back and do some clean up on some of the collectibles. I beat survivor and now have NG+ open. Can I just use chapter select (at a lower difficulty preferably) and replay the parts where I missed things and not effect my save for when I am ready to do my NG+ run?

Raptor

Reached Winter.....

.....Now this is some next next level shit going in on Jeez.

Peobably one of the greatests, and Im not even done yet.

Top Bottom