• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

I'm all for them giving it a shot, but I also see no point.

The game had plenty of cinema-esque moments. Hopefully it differs enough from the videogame.

antitrop

I cant believe it's gone. You could be having so much fun right playing Zelda's Adventure while you wait for TLOU:R.

Oh, my CD-i is still in the closet and works perfectly. Unfortunately.

While everyone else was playing A Link to the Past, I had this fucking bullshit:

jwKXD35.jpg

tfur

Well, they're being sold at SDCC now, maybe not a great chance of them making it online (which is the downside of them being produced by Mondo). I'm hoping I'm wrong because I would love to get one without having to go to the secondary market.

Oh man. This kind of stuff needs to be available to wider audience than just attendees.

I need to keep an eye on this.

JLeack

Banned
Okay. So what I was teasing is that the 30 FPS lock in The Last of Remastered not only maintains a perfect framerate, but enables 'higher-quality shadows in-game'. And by higher-quality shadows they mean NOTICEABLY better shadows. The game looks better with the option enabled.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/a...stered-enables-higher-quality-shadows-in-game

So, we all have a dilemma to face. I've tried both options, and while you might think 60 FPS is much better, it's not as easy of a decision as you think once you try enabling the 30 FPS lock.

icespide

Banned
Okay. So what I was teasing is that the 30 FPS lock in The Last of Remastered not only maintains a perfect framerate, but enables 'higher-quality shadows in-game'. And by higher-quality shadows they mean NOTICEABLY better shadows. The game looks better with the option enabled.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/a...stered-enables-higher-quality-shadows-in-game

So, we all have a dilemma to face. I've tried both options, and while you might think 60 FPS is much better, it's not as easy of a decision as you think once you try enabling the 30 FPS lock.

oh fuck....this is terrible news

GavinUK86

Interesting!

Can you show us some comparisons?

Hubb

Lol!

Serious question: Did Naughty Dog pigeon-hole themselves into casting her as Ellie in the movie? I can't seriously picture anybody else in that role because they are so similar. At the same time I don't know how serious I could take her in that role.

Please no. I don't get the Ellen hype train after they redid Ellie.

daveo42

Banned
While I love Campbell, I don't want him to play Joel. I could see him play Bill or even Tommy, but not Joel. I would just laugh at everything he'd say or do because it'd feel campy, and campy isn't what I want or expect out of this movie.

-griffy-

Banned
Too many newses happening.

I don't think Bruce Campbell is gonna play Joel though, I don't see that anywhere, Hitfix has a story up (presumably from someone in the room) that says they don't know who will direct or who will play Joel yet. I think if it was brought up it was likely a joke due to his association with Raimi.

post-25196-BRB-using-imagination-since-no-B9lT.gif

Top Bottom