• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Okay. So what I was teasing is that the 30 FPS lock in The Last of Remastered not only maintains a perfect framerate, but enables 'higher-quality shadows in-game'. And by higher-quality shadows they mean NOTICEABLY better shadows. The game looks better with the option enabled.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/a...stered-enables-higher-quality-shadows-in-game

So, we all have a dilemma to face. I've tried both options, and while you might think 60 FPS is much better, it's not as easy of a decision as you think once you try enabling the 30 FPS lock.
I came!

ibn1FZMMsbV9ND.gif

It's almost like ND is listening to us!

Okay. So what I was teasing is that the 30 FPS lock in The Last of Remastered not only maintains a perfect framerate, but enables 'higher-quality shadows in-game'. And by higher-quality shadows they mean NOTICEABLY better shadows. The game looks better with the option enabled.

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/a...stered-enables-higher-quality-shadows-in-game

So, we all have a dilemma to face. I've tried both options, and while you might think 60 FPS is much better, it's not as easy of a decision as you think once you try enabling the 30 FPS lock.

New thread worthy?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Oh fuck. So the movie is confirmed? I thought it was just rumor. That's awesome.

All for Arya as Ellie too.

It makes perfect sense though that you can increase the visuals when you drop the framerate. I'm glad they paid due diligence to both options though and didn't just throw a bone to 30fps fans but made it a legitimate choice.

Vibranium

Banned
I really don't see the movie as a big deal, if it's not good we always have the game(s). I say just enjoy TLoU Remastered and don't worry about that!

Also, I may give the 30FPS lock a try on a second playthrough.

-griffy-

Banned

I'm a little confused here. Is this something you are seeing right now? Or is this coming with the day one patch that hasn't been released? Or do you have the day one patch already?

Well to people who were planning to take screenshots for the thread, should I make 30 FPS mode a requirement? Already have 5 banned hosts and requirements on compression...lol.

As long as 60 does not have drops I am using that for gameplay.

GavinUK86

Well to people who were planning to take screenshots for the thread, should I make 30 FPS mode a requirement? Lol.

Lol. I don't think it needs it. If there is a noticeable difference though..... then that's a whole other ball game.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Nice. Better shadows on 30fps lock is awesome. Half wish they would enable even more advanced graphical features in 30fps mode if possible. W

Will be using 30fps mode for photo mode, 60fps for actual grounded playthrough.

Well to people who were planning to take screenshots for the thread, should I make 30 FPS mode a requirement? Already have 5 banned hosts and requirements on compression...lol.

Every screenshot i take will be in 30fps mode.

I don't think it should be a requirement. Why not allow both?

Also, I asked you this before, but I don't think you saw it, so I'll ask again: Can I use Cubeupload.com for the screenshot OT? It's a zero compression site.

AKyemeni

The shadows are BARELY noticeable in my experience, but what's the use of better shadows if the gameplay plays considerably worse?

I CAN'T go back to 30fps. I just can't.

The shadows are BARELY noticeable in my experience, but what's the use of better shadows of the gameplay plays considerably worse?

Exactly. I highly doubt people will stick with 30fps just for better shadows once they feel 60fps for themselves.

antitrop

The shadows are BARELY noticeable in my experience, but what's the use of better shadows if the gameplay plays considerably worse?

Noticeable shadow improvement vs noticeable gameplay improvement.

Make your choice, people.

I don't think it should be a requirement. Why not allow both?

Also, I asked you this before, but I don't think you saw it, so I'll ask again: Can I use Cubeupload.com for the screenshot OT? It's a zero compression site.

Thinking about it. All the shots in the console OT I have seen on it have severe blocking. Now, whether that is from CU or them rehosting, I do not know. Currently it is banned though. Flickr is still the site I recommend the most for those that are wondering what they should use primarily.

Top Bottom