• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

MANGOD

Banned
Thinking about going digital on this from the US store. I start work at 8am when this should go live and am wondering is it possible to sign into my us sony account online to trigger the download if my ps4 is left on standby?

Anyone who ordered through Amazon have any updates on their copies yet? This is the first time I've pre-ordered a game on Amazon out of curiosity to see if they really get it to you on launch day as everyone seems to say.

Got a shipping confirmation last night at 2am, and my scheduled delivery is Wednesday. Amazon said guaranteed delivery was Tuesday until my shipping confirmation arrived, now it says expected delivery.

This happen with anyone else yet still end up arriving on time? If it doesn't arrive on time, does Amazon reimburse you for failing to make their guaranteed delivery?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Thinking about going digital on this from the US store. I start work at 8am when this should go live and am wondering is it possible to sign into my us sony account online to trigger the download if my ps4 is left on standby?
If your account has a PS4 activated as the home console, then you should be able to trigger a download via the browser.

Andrew.

Banned
Between the dip to below 50fps during that first Bloater encounter and not straight across the board 10's....I dont know guys. I just dont know...

icespide

Banned
Anyone who ordered through Amazon have any updates on their copies yet? This is the first time I've pre-ordered a game on Amazon out of curiosity to see if they really get it to you on launch day as everyone seems to say.

Got a shipping confirmation last night at 2am, and my scheduled delivery is Wednesday. Amazon said guaranteed delivery was Tuesday until my shipping confirmation arrived, now it says expected delivery.

This happen with anyone else yet still end up arriving on time? If it doesn't arrive on time, does Amazon reimburse you for failing to make their guaranteed delivery?

I preorder games from amazon a lot and rarely do they miss the release day. If they do miss it, contact customer service and they'll usually make it right with some amazon credit or something.

lol @ the guy in this pic
TkqbHWF.jpg

avatur206j5f.png

avatur12tjmm.png

mrklaw

MrArseFace

oh, thought it was $40. Anyway, just bought a $50 PSN card from amazon, and requested cancellation of the UK version from gamestop.co.uk. Once that is confirmed I'll grab the US version.

I'd actually prefer less gore, but I can't handle waiting until Friday anymore - plus I have some time this week to play and won't at the weekend.

There is a HUGE difference between 30 vs 60 fps. Those who claim to prefer 30 fps are just deluding themselves in thinking it is better. The improved shadows hardly matter in the grand scheme of things.

Got the game today and only played the first hour or so. The 60 fps gameplay is #gamechanger

f@luS

More than a member.
How many hours before we can start the download ? Just to know I'm always lost with these things

chaosaeon

I wish there were gameplay filter mode unlockables like the black and white and dreamscape, that added film grain and some levels of depth of field to the gameplay.

Rixxan

There is a HUGE difference between 30 vs 60 fps. Those who claim to prefer 30 fps are just deluding themselves in thinking it is better. The improved shadows hardly matter in the grand scheme of things.

Got the game today and only played the first hour or so. The 60 fps gameplay is #gamechanger

Honest non-troll just curious question:

Moriarty in his review said it was a bit jarring at first, playing in 60 FPS, and others at IGN claim they prefer 30 FPS

Do you not feel that the cutscenes seem a little off in 60 FPS? (like watching a movie with the frame enhancer set to ON with a newer type TV)

My only concern with 60 FPS is the cutcenes feeling a bit too technical, too "gamey", and (oh god heres that horrible word) a bit less cinematic. I just dont want to lose any of the emotional gut punching awesomeness that TLOU offers, i'm a frightened child - who otherwise loves all things 60 FPS.

Hoje0308

Banned
Honest non-troll just curious question:

Moriarty in his review said it was a bit jarring at first, playing in 60 FPS, and others at IGN claim they prefer 30 FPS

Do you not feel that the cutscenes seem a little off in 60 FPS? (like watching a movie with the frame enhancer set to ON with a newer type TV)

My only concern with 60 FPS is the cutcenes feeling a bit too technical, too "gamey", and (oh god heres that horrible word) a bit less cinematic. I just dont want to lose any of the emotional gut punching awesomeness that TLOU offers, i'm a frightened child - who otherwise loves all things 60 FPS.

I've never experienced that in a 60 FPS game. I think the reason that happens with film is the interpolation and, in the case of The Hobbit, it clears up the image to the point that the set starts to look like the artificial piece of design it really is. It's a case of technology pulling back the curtain in the latter case. Try watching Alien in HD to see what I mean. Set design will just have to catch up to technology.

Well, I just checked my email and had one from Amazon telling me my copy of TLoU: Remastered has shipped. I had forgotten I had it preordered.

No big deal though. Loved it on the PS3 and never played the DLC so can't wait.

antitrop

Watching streams and other leaked footage has shown me just how much of this game I've forgotten in just a year.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

Rixxan

I've never experienced that in a 60 FPS game. I think the reason that happens with film is the interpolation and, in the case of The Hobbit, it clears up the image to the point that the set starts to look like the artificial piece of design it really is. It's a case of technology pulling back the curtain in the latter case. Try watching Alien in HD to see what I mean. Set design will just have to catch up to technology.

Yeah i mean i think the only reason im concerned is because ive already experienced TLOU, multiple times - and i hold it in such high esteem, im afraid of changing it - even if logically i know its for the better

Drewfonse

I've probably pre ordered 75 games from Amazon, and I don't think they've EVER missed the launch date. Ever. sometimes the shipping emails say "estimated", sometimes they say "guaranteed", but I always get the games at launch.

Amazon Prime member, not that it matters.

Hoje0308

Banned
Yeah i mean i think the only reason im concerned is because ive already experienced TLOU, multiple times - and i hold it in such high esteem, im afraid of changing it - even if logically i know its for the better

I've gone through the story four times myself and I'm not too worried about it. To me, 60 frames always looks better. But, we all have our own tastes, so there is the 30 FPS lock if you prefer that.

fade_

I've probably pre ordered 75 games from Amazon, and I don't think they've EVER missed the launch date. Ever. sometimes the shipping emails say "estimated", sometimes they say "guaranteed", but I always get the games at launch.

Amazon Prime member, not that it matters.

You must not have ordered dark souls 1 or 2 =P

Top Bottom