• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

N30RYU

Pretty sure it did have an online pass, but I never touched the multi for ages too until I decided to platinum it. I was blown away by how good it was.

Yes, the game had online pass on PS3.

Oh, I see. Though I'm wondering what your definition of a remaster is then.
Better overall textures and 3D models (like FFX HD remaster), in this one they really touched 3 textures since the textures just benefit from the 720 to 1080p resolution. So is more like Okami HD than FFX HD remaster.

One question for digital buyiers, will the game have background download like KZ, Kanck or inFAMOUS, or since its a last gen port we'll have to download the ~50Gb at once?

bombshell

Was talking to my friend about playing mp together. Dude played the ps3 version and didn't even know that it had a mp mode. Smh. Then again he got all happy when I told him about Left Behind. Pshhhh. Casuals!

I think the PS3 version just said "Factions" in the main menu (it's a long time since I've played the game, so correct me if I'm wrong), so some people could in theory overlook that the game had a MP mode. They slightly altered the main menu on PS4 to say "Factions MP", so it can't be overlooked this time :)

FBlod5L.jpg

dock

I didn't play the PS3 version, largely because the 'zombie combat' of the game didn't interest me much. I enjoyed the introduction, however, which I played at a friend's house.

I'll soon be getting a PS4, which I won in a competition, and I'm somewhat at a loss as to what I should buy to play. I wonder whether it'll be worth buying this game.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I think the PS3 version just said "Factions" in the main menu (it's a long time since I've played the game, so correct me if I'm wrong), so some people could in theory overlook that the game had a MP mode. They slightly altered the main menu on PS4 to say "Factions MP", so it can't be overlooked this time :)

FBlod5L.jpg

tbh i never played the mp even though i knew it existed. lol

plan on checking it out to get my competitive mp fix on ps4 until destiny is out since it seems to be so highly regarded on gaf.

bombshell

tbh i never played the mp even though i knew it existed. lol

plan on checking it out to get my competitive mp fix on ps4 until destiny is out since it seems to be so highly regarded on gaf.

You're in for a treat!

I can't wait for SCEE to get their lazy asses together and allow me to download my digital preorder.

Awww yissss, nice to see them 10/10's rolling in once again.

I wonder if anyone will score it less than they did last year, and if so, what their reasoning would be?

RedAssedApe

Banned
stop it guys. hype levels rising even more.

gonna be hard to pull away from the single player to try out the mp. hope that its not dominated by high level peeps by the time i get to dig in.

stop it guys. hype levels rising even more.

gonna be hard to pull away from the single player to try out the mp. hope that its not dominated by high level peeps by the time i get to dig in.

It probably will. Just play on the No-Parties setting. High levels don't usually play there.

dolabla

If I buy from amazon.com instead of amazon.com.au, is it safe to assume it will be a US copy?

Assuming you live in Australia, I don't think Amazon US ships video games to other countries. If you can somehow figure out a way to get it shipped there, then yeah it should be a US copy.

kubus

So I just started playing on Grounded difficulty... Holy sheeeet they weren't joking around with this, it's so easy to get killed. And I haven't even met a clicker yet.

Still really early in the game though, about to
find Robert
. I don't know if I will be able to keep up with this difficulty :p. If it gets too frustrating I'll take it down a notch probably. Have only done one playthrough on the PS3, on Hard so it's quite a difference. Supplies are super scarce, I have 4 bullets and I haven't fired a gun except for the gun tutorial part where you have to shoot three guys.

I had to get used to the lack of a HUD though. No idea how much health you have and you have to manually keep track of how many bullets you have left in your gun. Also, QTEs without button prompts. It's super intense but I'm liking it so far. Game looks great too.

Sane_Man

Okay, now I'm really confused about the "Day 1 edition". I can't seem to find a definitive answer on whether this contains the DLC with Left Behind. Amazon lists both a day one and a standard edition but they list both products with all dlc. But most sites have just the Day 1 edition and don't list any DLC.

I have Day 1 edition pre ordered. Will I get DLC?

bombshell

Okay, now I'm really confused about the "Day 1 edition". I can't seem to find a definitive answer on whether this contains the DLC with Left Behind. Amazon lists both a day one and a standard edition but they list both products with all dlc. But most sites have just the Day 1 edition and don't list any DLC.

Yes, you can't buy a version of TLoU: Remastered without all the DLC.

Yes.

Even the standard version has the SP/MP DLC.

Day 1 nets all that +...

Day 1 Edition also includes the Exclusive Survival Pack containing:

Increased Crafting Speed
Increased Healing Speed
9mm Reload Speed Upgrade
Rifle Clip Capacity
Two Skins fro Joel and Ellie
Bonus XP for Multiplayer

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I9WWBBW/

Huggers

Interesting that on the IGN video review (view it on the PS4 app, looks awesome) they said that some people in the office preffered playing it in 30fps. I can't fathom how this could possibly be the case but will be interested to flick between the two settings

terrible

Banned
Interesting that on the IGN video review (view it on the PS4 app, looks awesome) they said that some people in the office preffered playing it in 30fps. I can't fathom how this could possibly be the case but will be interested to flick between the two settings

Some people eat bugs too.

They are probably used to playing TLOU, and many other console games, at 30fps. The sudden jump to 60fps for a game they aren't used to seeing in 60fps is probably a little jarring for some of them. I gotta give props to anyone who actually manages to change to 30fps after playing at 60fps, and keeping it there for the rest of their playthrough.

Did I say props? I meant medication :p

I'm guessing since I have the Elie edition and the Season Pass that the PS4 Day 1 DLC is the same as the DLC content that came with them so I can't stack the upgrades on top of each other lol, I.e. have 2 rifle upgrades etc.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I've preordered from gamestop (UK) for £30, thinking that I might just play through again and then trade it back in (have the PS3 version digitally).

But I am getting tempted to just buy it from the US PSN for the same price and get it tomorrow. What time does it go up - does it depend which state your US PSN account is in or will it be something like midnight PST for everyone?

i-Lo

Realistically, after all the talk of how difficult the game was to port over, can anyone make an educated guess for its budget (including development)?

Ugh, not looking forward to the PSN Store dance at midnight. Hopefully it's the last time I ever have to do it, because the preload feature is really really good on PS4.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before...

I'm in the UK, opened a US PSN account to pre-order the GOTY's. Will I be able to download the game tonight at midnight UK time? Or will I need to wait until noon on the 29th UK time?

I need this game in my veins.

arnienz

Neo Member

I'm in the UK, opened a US PSN account to pre-order the GOTY's. Will I be able to download the game tonight at midnight UK time? Or will I need to wait until noon on the 29th UK time?

Why would you do that? There's no benefit in preordering digitally and it was always going to come to EU regions to preorder eventually. You'll need to wait until it releases in the USA

Rafy

I finally published the review. I keep forgetting how to embed imgur albums, took me two hours to remember that I needed to use the [embed] shortcode.
Anyways, has there been a reviews thread?

Ah man, I literally have had the worst luck. I was suppose to get Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze and Diablo 3/ROS over the weekend to tide me over until TLOU:R came out. Still haven't arrived and TLOU:R is tomorrow which means... those games aren't ever getting played.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
He probably wants uncensored MP and it does release three days earlier.

and it is significantly cheaper. $40 in US (£23.50), £40 in UK ($68)

if it goes up at midnight tonight PST, that'll be 8am tomorrow morning UK time. So check then

Bit of a bummer that there's still a fair amount of aliasing in the outdoors areas but the 60 FPS is great and the IQ was still miles above the PS3 version so I'm really looking forward to tomorrow.

Top Bottom