• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Raptor

I definitely am excited for that. It might even be the first thing I go to once I get past the beginning of SP. I never played it (mp) on ps3 so I want to jump in here from the start to get acclimated.

Good stuff that way you are into it more and I play support following you, where is Hoje0308?

kubus

It is possible to 100% stealth that part.

But if you found this part difficult, wait until you reach

winter section with Ellie... especially the part where you have to defend your position with David and you have not enough room to move around and infected start coming in...

you basically have to play PERFECT. 1 mistake and you are done. It is piss hard...

That was the only part where I really got my ass handed to me in Grounded difficulty, I must have died like 30 times in that ugly ugly place. Other than that it is ok, as long as you know when to conserve your ammo and supplies.
Ahahahaha... D: /cries

Yeah not looking forward to that part. I'm saving up all supplies and bullets for the harder parts that are still to come so that when I REALLY get stuck I can use whatever firepower necessary. But I'm afraid it's not gonna be pretty... I hope the controller survives :p and the tv...

Oh well, we'll see how far I can get!

Edit: Yay got the patch! Let's try out some Photo mode

Hoje0308

Banned
I definitely am excited for that. It might even be the first thing I go to once I get past the beginning of SP. I never played it (mp) on ps3 so I want to jump in here from the start to get acclimated.

I'll be on Friday and Sunday night. I plan on being drunk during the former and hungover for the latter, so I'll probably be a shit teammate.

Andrew.

Banned
I'll be on Friday and Sunday night. I plan on being drunk during the former and hungover for the latter, so I'll probably be a shit teammate.

u1Mr9OZ.gif

valkyre

Ahahahaha... D: /cries

Yeah not looking forward to that part. I'm saving up all supplies and bullets for the harder parts that are still to come so that when I REALLY get stuck I can use whatever firepower necessary. But I'm afraid it's not gonna be pretty... I hope the controller survives :p and the tv...

Oh well, we'll see how far I can get!

The thing is that because of the nature of this particular part
and the fact that you have 0 supplies, no medkits, no bullets, except for 9 or 7 arrows, you rely a lot on your bullet drops from enemies. Sometimes enemies will drop 1 bullet, sometimes maybe 2, but sometimes none... and you have to be lucky with that, because:

a) it takes a lot of time to reload
b) if you ran out of bullets when there is a big wave you are simply a goner
c) David is fucking USELESS

So luck plays quite a big part.

Oh and you shouldnt miss. 1 miss fire is ok. 2 hmm ok you can get it done if you are lucky... 3? Better reload checkpoint ;)

A lot will depend on your bow accuracy as well.

But hey, dont let me demoralize you lol. Eventually with some patience and proper situation handling you'll get it done. But man... that was fucking hard... the difficulty spike there is just insane!

Branson

Shipped from amazon and beat Wolfenstein so my gaming plate is currently clear. Bring on Tuesday. It will be the first time I have played this game and in glorious 60fps.

Excellent! I don't mind if you are drunk. I won't feel so bad if I suck. I am going to have a positive attitude and not assume the worst for my MP abilities.

Still assuming the worst for the game itself though! My god it is going to be terrible.

looks like no gamestops are doing midnight releases...makes me kind of just want to get it digitally tonight, even though it would be way cheaper at gamestop

Hoje0308

Banned
Excellent! I don't mind if you are drunk. I won't feel so bad if I suck. I am going to have a positive attitude and not assume the worst for my MP abilities.

Still assuming the worst for the game itself though! My god it is going to be terrible.

Yeah, I don't care what the reviews are videos tell me, I'm still going to assume the worst until I've finished the game a few more times. Even then, who knows.

I'm fully expecting a bit of a learning curve for the MP. I rarely play TPS online so this will be a bit new to me, even though I did play a bit on PS3. I'll put in as much time as I can though and will hopefully end up being a solid contributor.

Nvzman

If I pre-ordered on PSN, I'll be able to start downloading at midnight, correct? I don't have to wait until the PSN store updates later on?

T.O.P

Banned
Fuck it, i'll buy it D1

Don't have shit to play till September anyway

Just hoping that i won't remember much about the game

Voorhees

Random question about Winter. I personally was never able to but I was wondering about the beginning and I'm going to spoiler it for those that have never played it but it's something I've always wondered...

Is it possible for Ellie to kill that flipping deer or does it just serve as the segue-way to the meeting with David?

Random question about Winter. I personally was never able to but I was wondering about the beginning and I'm going to spoiler it for those that have never played it but it's something I've always wondered...

Is it possible for Ellie to kill that flipping deer or does it just serve as the segue-way to the meeting with David?

You can absolutely kill the deer

Andrew.

Banned

segueway.
You do kill it though, it just takes a long time to die and falls dead at the spot where you meet up with David

chaosaeon

Pretty sure it has to be a segue considering the deer dies and you have to find its dead body right where the scene triggers where you meet David. The deer is in the cutscene. If you'd been able to kill it somewhere else it wouldn't be able to work.

As of tomorrow I will not enter this thread till I finish this damn game.

:)

Hard, Listen Mode Off!!

That is what I am going to do too! I have already played it though so I am not worried about spoilers.

Yeah, I don't care what the reviews are videos tell me, I'm still going to assume the worst until I've finished the game a few more times. Even then, who knows.

I'm fully expecting a bit of a learning curve for the MP. I rarely play TPS online so this will be a bit new to me, even though I did play a bit on PS3. I'll put in as much time as I can though and will hopefully end up being a solid contributor.

For some reason I thought you were a vet of the MP for this. I guess I will have to get drunk too so we are on an even footing then. :p

Top Bottom