• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

and it is significantly cheaper. $40 in US (£23.50), £40 in UK ($68) if it goes up at midnight tonight PST, that'll be 8am tomorrow morning UK time. So check then

Whenever it goes live in America I imagine

Why would you do that? There's no benefit in preordering digitally and it was always going to come to EU regions to preorder eventually. You'll need to wait until it releases in the USA

Thanks guys.

Basically it's cheaper, pre order bonuses, and for dat gore. So yeah what everyone else said :)

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
t1406617200z4.png

todd360

Cool. Probably will do easy anyways so I can fly through and get some good shots.
I don't collect trophies.

You can't throw out the ones you earn on accident so you technically do collect trophies. Your just a crappy collector since you have no drive to collect.

Cudder

Contemplating starting on Grounded. I must've beaten the game 3-4 times on PS3. I remember Survivor giving me trouble in a few spots.

Hoje0308

Banned
That is what I am going to do too! I have already played it though so I am not worried about spoilers.

For some reason I thought you were a vet of the MP for this. I guess I will have to get drunk too so we are on an even footing then. :p

I got rid of my PS3 in September of last year so that I could concentrate on school and get ahead a little before the release of PS4. I was working out of town all summer and didn't have an internet connection, so I played the SP portion a bunch.

I've decided, against my better judgement, that I'm going straight for Grounded. Then I'm doing Grounded+. No glitching, just a whole lot of bitching
muthafuckaaaaa!

So does the digital PSN version come out at midnight (PST) tonight exactly? Or does Sony typically not do that. I would like to know because I am contemplating canceling my physical preorder today and downloading tonight.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I wonder if the difficulty change trick still works, which allows you to start a New Game+ in a harder setting.

I'll be really annoyed if they fixed that. My plan is to do a fresh hard mode run then grounded with all my upgrades.

AKyemeni

I wonder if the difficulty change trick still works, which allows you to start a New Game+ in a harder setting.

I'll be really annoyed if they fixed that. My plan is to do a fresh hard mode run then grounded with all my upgrades.
Grounded is open from the start.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

It was already fixed on PS3.

ClearData

Fellow trophy hunters, If I want start off on Grounded and breeze through a second playthrough to upgrade all weapons on a lower difficulty will I still be eligible for the trophy? Or does a second playthrough have to be equal to or harder than the first?

So does the digital PSN version come out at midnight (PST) tonight exactly? Or does Sony typically not do that. I would like to know because I am contemplating canceling my physical preorder today and downloading tonight.
Yes and no. They try putting it up at midnight PST, but that's also the same time their servers conveniently go down for service for 20 minutes. If you know you're probably going to sell it in a few weeks, just keep your physical preordered. The preorder bonuses aren't that great anyways.

To those going to the live performance tonight, do we know if there'll be some sort of meet and greet type of deal afterwards? I went to SDCC but couldn't meetmeet Druckman at his signing ;_; But I did get that movie poster. Any info would be well appreciated!

Sothpaw

So is this game different from (better) than the Uncharted games? I just played through Uncharted 1-3 because I bought into the internet worship of the series, but I didn't enjoy any of them. The waves of enemies and Dragon Lair style platforming completely turned me off. TLOU is probably more "survival horror" right? With a focus on inventory management and such? I don't buy a single bit of the internet hype for this game after being burned by Uncharted; but this game does look different.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
So is this game different from (better) than the Uncharted games? I just played through Uncharted 1-3 because I bought into the internet worship of the series, but I didn't enjoy any of them. The waves of enemies and Dragon Lair style platforming completely turned me off. TLOU is probably more "survival horror" right? With a focus on inventory management and such? I don't buy a single bit of the internet hype for this game after being burned by Uncharted; but this game does look different.
It's quite different. It's more of a serious stealth-action game with crafting and supply management.

It isn't super close to Uncharted.

Linear survival stealth action. Hardly any inventory management, but a lot of searching for supplies because they're scarce.

KevinG

Whoa. Looks like I'm going through on Grounded mode. I will probably only lay through the story a couple times and I want to make sure it's the best experience possible.

Played through it on Normal last year and loved every minute of it.

#TeamGrounded

You'll notice a lot of similarities between the two. That said the posters above made sound points. The setting and tone of TLoU will make up for the similarities between them, though.

Can someone explain the different difficulties and what they mean?

This is going to be my first time playing the game and I want the best experience.

Imma try it on hard for first playthrough.

Completed it once on Normal on PS3 so hard should be a nice change of pace. Or survivor....hmmm

I think I would end up needing a new TV and controllers if I tried Grounded mode :l

Pro

You're probably in the same boat I am with Uncharted. Kinda doesn't hold up too well this many years later. I just played through 1 and didn't really like it either.

Last of Us however is way different and with story and characters that are the most engaging you will find this side of video games. The world is gooooood.

Also, so I gather from this page you can start on Grounded without having to unlock it? That's good. Just traded in my PS3 version for $25 off on Sunday so I don't want to redo the lesser difficulties again.

So what's the difference between Hard/Survivor/Grounded aside from Listening being turned off on the latter two.

I only sat through the game once on normal for the PS3 then just hopped into MP after that. Was thinking about going through this one on Hard but might just do Survivor if it isn't hair ripping out frustrating.

Can someone explain the different difficulties and what they mean?

This is going to be my first time playing the game and I want the best experience.

IMO Hard should be the baseline. Normal is literally a walk in the fucking park. Supplies and ammo are EVERYWHERE. Also play with listen mode off. Completely negates the tension that is so very well crafted during gameplay.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Hard Mode, listen off for my first PS4 playthrough.

Did Normal Mode, listen on last year and it was pretty easy for the most part.

alienator

hai guys i just picked up my copy and got a nice decal.

question: if i apply a decal will my ps4 catch on fire or does it dissolve the heat still as normal?

1619094_10153097520496164_66395251746334693_n.jpg

tanks!

x-Lundz-x

Just got back from gamestop trading some stuff in and I got a bonus for using my credit to pay off the last of us remastered in full. My trade in value was a little over 90 dollars and after I paid the game off it jumped to 120. So I basically got the game free. So you guys might want to make a run down to gamestop today even if you don't have the ps3 version to trade in.

SJRB

Gold Member
Jsut pre-purchased it off the US PSN store [thanks Play Asia, you lovely people you!]. I'm really excited, never played the game before and deliberately dodged pretty much all spoilers.

Good times ahead.

If I had that decal I would only use the bigger sticker as having the logo plastered all over my console would look extremely tacky. However the standalone art would look kind of nice I guess.

Derpcrawler

So, did they fix the difficulty settings selection or not? Or do we still need to play two times on Survival/Grounded and then again to obtain Survival+/Grounded+? IMO that's a really stupid decision, at least before you could use a bug to go through normal straight to survival+.

Top Bottom