• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
More fun with the photo mode

14789206053_1063728b02_o.png

Ok, that is awesome.

x-Lundz-x

I didn't use the glitch the first time around. So if it's still around i'll definitely use it, trying to minimize my playthroughs this time around.

If it does work and you play on normal first, then glitch to Grounded +. Will it unlock the trophies for beating the game on Hard, Survivor and Grounded normal? (as in, not +)

Yes, in the PS3 version you could play on Normal, and then go to Survival/Grounded+ with the glitch and when done it unlocked everything. So that should be the same here for the PS4.

Aww man, that sucks if true. I don't really want to end up doing three playthroughs or something to get everything.

I don't either which is why I hope the NG+ glitch works.

dmr87

+1 for hard difficulty with listen mode off for you newcomers, headphones are ideal so you don't miss out on the slighest sound.

Enjoy.

Yes, in the PS3 version you could play on Normal, and then go to Survival/Grounded+ with the glitch and when done it unlocked everything. So that should be the same here for the PS4.

Good good, hopefully it works then. As much as I love the game, I really don't want to do another 3 runs. If it doesn't i'll just do 2 Survivor runs (which should/better be enough) and leave Grounded for some other time.

listen mode is fine but do play at night, the game is 90% set in dark rooms so playing in daytime with sunlight you will be completely blind :p

Meh, in my opinion it really takes away from the tense atmosphere that the game creates in certain gameplay situations. Being able to literally see outlined enemy positions through walls in real time any time you want is a huge cheat. I think ND should have at least toned it down so that you see a fading soundwave from the general area of an enemy.

Plus, you already get an audio warning when you are at risk of being spotted (whooshing sound).

HardRojo

You don't even get enough materials on a normal playthrough to open every shiv door.

I believe you can get enough materials even on Survivor, you just need not to use shivs at all, I know because I played on Hard at first and didn't care about shiv doors since I didn't know about them so I wasted plenty of shivs, then I went on Survivor and collected everything I could and if I'm not mistaken I got the trophy in that playthrough.

Plus, you already get an audio warning when you are at risk of being spotted (whooshing sound).
Exactly, that audio cue is the only thing you need. I never liked the idea of using Listen Mode so I never did and don't plan to use it in my PS4 playthroughs.

just went and did the gamestop deal, sucks no midnight release..but that was too good to pass up. Also got 25 dollars for a copy of cod ghosts I bought originally for 6 dollars...soooo good

mrklaw

MrArseFace
+1 for hard difficulty with listen mode off for you newcomers, headphones are ideal so you don't miss out on the slighest sound.

Enjoy.

If you use the Sony gold headset, should you use the headphones setting, or a 5.1/7.1 setting as they are supposed to be virtual surround?

And will the Sony pulse profile work on the golds if I load it in using the PS3 app?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I believe you can get enough materials even on Survivor, you just need not to use shivs at all, I know because I played on Hard at first and didn't care about shiv doors since I didn't know about them so I wasted plenty of shivs, then I went on Survivor and collected everything I could and if I'm not mistaken I got the trophy in that playthrough.

So what do you do if you get attacked by a clicker? Just die and restart the section to save shivs?

Gavin996

Unconfirmed Member
SO I'm watching the IGN review on the PS4 app and it looks incredible, one of the best games I've seen.

Off-topic though, is the IGN app terrible or is just my connection? It takes a really long time to load.

dmr87

If you use the Sony gold headset, should you use the headphones setting, or a 5.1/7.1 setting as they are supposed to be virtual surround?

And will the Sony pulse profile work on the golds if I load it in using the PS3 app?

No idea, I played with a pair of regular high quality stereo headphones plugged in to my receiver.

Vaga

So what do you do if you get attacked by a clicker? Just die and restart the section to save shivs?

You can try running away till you get some distance then hide behind something and don't move a fuckin inch. It will search for a while before giving up and resume its daily routine.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything

Exactly, that audio cue is the only thing you need. I never liked the idea of using Listen Mode so I never did and don't plan to use it in my PS4 playthroughs.

There was one door I couldn't open on my survivor run. I never wasted shivs, and in fact I even planned for the few they give during the game, and so that I would never have to leave materials behind because my current shiv capacity was full.

After three times through the game, I was ready to get them all on the same run, but there was that one stretch in the game where they didn't give any blades forever... and I had to leave one door unopened.

If someone was able to get all doors in a single survivor run, I tip my hat to them, because I really tried and couldn't manage it.

edit: btw shiv doors stack in all your playthoughs so you can get the trophy and not necessarily get all doors in a single run.

HardRojo

You can try running away till you get some distance then hide behind something and don't move a fuckin inch. It will search for a while before giving up and resume its daily routine.

Yeah you could do that too but I believe he was asking in the situation where a Clicker grabs you, it normally is a OHKO but if you got a shiv you can use it to break free and kill the Clicker.

There was one door I couldn't open on my survivor run. I never wasted shivs, and in fact I even planned for the few they give during the game, and so that I would never have to leave materials behind because my current shiv capacity was full.

After three times through the game, I was ready to get them all on the same run, but there was that one stretch in the game where they didn't give any blades forever... and I had to leave one door unopened.

If someone was able to get all doors in a single survivor run, I tip my hat to them, because I really tried and couldn't manage it.
Yeah this probably, I don't remember completely that's why I didn't say I was a 100% sure, maybe I opened the last door during my Survivor+ playthrough but I'm pretty sure that in the case I left any doors open during my Survivor playthrough, it was just one and not more.

edit: btw shiv doors stack in all your playthoughs so you can get the trophy and not necessarily get all doors in a single run.
I kept counting them on Survivor regardless of which ones I had opened during my Hard playthrough because I didn't keep track during that one and had no idea which ones had been opened and which ones had not but yeah, maybe you are only able to open 12 out of the 13 (13 was it, right?) during Survivor.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
My copy actually shipped at 2 this morning. Amazon just never updated the order status. Scheduled for 11AM - 3PM delivery.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I never upgrade aiming... makes the game way more fun with the wobble, especially long bow shots. Fucking hold your breath during those shots man... arrows are precious, and a miss costs.

Also don't upgrade the rifle holster. One primary for life. But I do like two pistols, since it looks pretty cool.

Andrew.

Banned
Im not sure if you guys knew this, but there is actually a Vol. 2 to the soundtrack with 25 more tracks. It's additiional music from vanilla and tracks from Left Behind.

Saw it yesterday on the PS Store in the TLOU section of downloadables. 9.99.

Fav track is 'The Way it Was." One and a half minutes of tear jerkiness and it plays at such an important moment.

x-Lundz-x

Im not sure if you guys knew this, but there is actually a Vol. 2 to the soundtrack with 25 more tracks. It's additiional music from vanilla and tracks from Left Behind.

Fav track is 'The Way it Was." One and a half minutes of tear jerkiness and it plays at such an important moment.

feeding.gif

Lebron

Looking forward to finally playing this. I left behind the XO and brought the PS4 home with me purely to play this. My body is ready.

This game has one of the most amazing soundtracks ever. Sooooo good.

Agreed.

I just noticed this as well the other day. But I don't want to listen just yet, haven't played Left Behind so I want to go in fresh.

Rixxan

anybody have any luck with retailers selling games early, like walmart or target?

gamestop is a corporate machine so theres zero chance, and theres no mom and pop shops in south florida that i know of

(got a friend whos leaving town tonight so thats why im trying to make a miracle happen and grab it early - trying to hand off TLOU to him before his flight)

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Mine shipped today from my city ( Louisville, KY ) to be delivered tomorrow....come on UPS guy and just deliver it today :(

Yeah, I checked my email and it actually shipped. Amazon just didn't update the status. Mine also shipped from Louisville, KY.

Top Bottom