• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

milkham

someone said the NG+ glitch was patched on the ps3..but is that the case? the trophy sites all say it has not been patched...(edit to add that on the playstation trophy site it says the + glitch has NEVER been patched)

it has not been patched at least as of may/june when i played through it for the first time

alba

Little is the new Big
My GameStop doesn't have a pickup at the store option for preorder, dang it. I'll be able to go there and pick it up tomorrow no issues, right? (please!) :p

Hubb

Im not sure if you guys knew this, but there is actually a Vol. 2 to the soundtrack with 25 more tracks. It's additiional music from vanilla and tracks from Left Behind.

Saw it yesterday on the PS Store in the TLOU section of downloadables. 9.99.

Fav track is 'The Way it Was." One and a half minutes of tear jerkiness and it plays at such an important moment.

Really sad this didn't get a physical release. I usually don't get into the whole physical vs digital stuff, but it is tough finding a place to sell FLAC files for vol. 2.

In fact I broke down and bought it digitally without getting the FLAC files. TLoU 2 needs to happen just so they release another soundtrack.

delume

I was reading that survivor and grounded mode remove the 'listening' skill. I have never played TLOU before so I am guessing hard mode is a good way to experience this for the first time?

Much excite. Almost there!

KBLSqYa.gif

Hubb

I was reading that survivor and grounded mode remove the 'listening' skill. I have never played TLOU before so I am guessing hard mode is a good way to experience this for the first time?

Most people will tell you to play without it anyway, but yes hard is a great place to start

Yeah, most people in here seem to think you should play with listen mode off.

Play on hard, and start with it turned off. If you are struggling, then try using it. Or feel free to try both right away and see what you prefer.

Personally playing with it off was too frustrating for me and dampened my enjoyment of the game. But if you can handle the challenge it's quite rewarding.

delume

Most people will tell you to play without it anyway, but yes hard is a great place to start
I was guessing it was just like a radar? I am afraid to check any info out on other (untrusted) sites incase loose lips sink my oblivious ship.

Kaze2212

Seeing some of these screens... I can't even imagine what Naughty Dog will do with Uncharted 4... Do my eyes even deserve that?

GavinUK86

i couldn't play without listening, it's like having a Radar in metal gear solid games. Too frustrating without some sort of a sonar.

I found it quite tricky without listening mode through regular speakers but I found it pretty easy when I used headphones. There are a lot of audio cue's but if you don't have the volume high enough you can sometimes miss them.

Cj01

This is my first Pre ordered game digitally. I know I should have bought hard copy, but it was only $25.00 thanks to that $5 gamestop coupon that was going around. My question is can I pre download it to my ps4 and if so how?

Ferr986

Quick question: I see some sites offering a Season Pass for the preorders, an others no. I assume that is just the DLCs from the PS3 version that comes with all the PS4 games, right? I though the peorder offering was some kind of cheats for the SP.

LAM09

I might be one of a select few, but this game just isn't to my liking. I ain't a fan of the concept, and it's likeness to Resident Evil.

GavinUK86

Quick question: I see some sites offering a Season Pass for the preorders, an others no. I assume that is just the DLCs from the PS3 version that comes with all the PS4 games, right? I though the peorder offering was some kind of cheats for the SP.

The preorder stuff is multiplayer unlocks.

I might be one of a select few, but this game just isn't to my liking. I ain't a fan of the concept, and it's likeness to Resident Evil.

It's nothing like Resident Evil. At all.

I found it quite tricky without listening mode through regular speakers but I found it pretty easy when I used headphones. There are a lot of audio cue's but if you don't have the volume high enough you can sometimes miss them.

oh true, headphones or a very good surround sound system ought to make locating enemies easier

Yep. I presume the story is quite different, but at the end of the day you are killing zombies.

Either way, I guess it is just me.

You ever been in a situation where you know someone is wrong, but you know that the only way they will realise it is if they experience said thing for themselves?

This is one of those situations.

Top Bottom