• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Lemondish

Most people will tell you to play without it anyway, but yes hard is a great place to start

One caveat with that is if you have insufficient audio quality. The whole point of not using it, at least for the harder difficulties, is that you have to rely on your own ears as the 'listening mode'. The audio in the game is so fantastic that this works brilliantly, but only if you have the gear to do it. The shit TV speakers I had didn't cut it the first time. My new PS4 Gold headset definitely does, though.

Dunkers92

< When you find out the UK release is Friday.

Fuck my life.

I feel you.

We got a shipment of the game at work today and we aren't allowed to buy before Friday, even though it's a year old game essentially.

I have it on order from GameStop UK though. Hopefully I have some luck and it gets delivered before Friday. Anybody else had any experience with GameStop UK delivering early before?

LAM09

Definately. TLOU is not a run around shooting zombies kinda game.

Cheers. That sounds intriguing then, as I thought it was the second coming of Resident Evil. It looks like I am far off the mark. I might decide to pick up a copy at the weekend then.

x-Lundz-x

Cheers. That sounds intriguing then, as I thought it was the second coming of Resident Evil. It looks like I am far off the mark. I might decide to pick up a copy at the weekend then.

It's one of the defining games of last gen, and far from a resident evil game. It's on a whole different level than most games. You will not be sorry you picked it up, it's absolutely incredible.

Got mine:

10519498_570607329717767_2221345140107069568_n.jpg

Can someone tell me why there is no 7.1 LPCM audio option (like in the PS3 version)? It only supports 5.1.

N30RYU

We can't pre-load yet, but looks like at least we won't have to download all the ~50Gb to start playing... looks like will let you start downloading the single player or multiplayer like KillZone Shadow Fall did and download the rest in the background

Yb48yc7.jpg

"Choose the mode you wanna play first (the rest will be downloading in the background: -Singleplayer -Multiplayer"

LAM09

It's one of the defining games of last gen, and far from a resident evil game. It's on a whole different level than most games. You will not be sorry you picked it up, it's absolutely incredible.

Thanks. I know it got a lot of praise on CG, but I never got around to buying it. Seeing as Naughty Dog makes it, it puts it in good stead.

Rixxan

dude

i need a copy of this game TODAY

ugh time to make the embarrassing drive around town to any retailer not named gamestop and hope for an error on their end

resident evil = those cheesy b movies you see on syfy at like 3 in the morning
last of us = dat oscar winner that changes your life

hopefully the last of us 2 comes out next year so we cna have 3 straight glorious years of the last of us :)

One caveat with that is if you have insufficient audio quality. The whole point of not using it, at least for the harder difficulties, is that you have to rely on your own ears as the 'listening mode'. The audio in the game is so fantastic that this works brilliantly, but only if you have the gear to do it. The shit TV speakers I had didn't cut it the first time. My new PS4 Gold headset definitely does, though.

I might have to try it without listening mode.

Sort of offtopic but I tried streaming Destiny the other day via the PS4 streaming feature and it streamed fine but it showed the mic as off. I was using the PS mic that came with the PS4. Do you need something special for it to work?

Gaz_RB

Sort of offtopic but I tried streaming Destiny the other day via the PS4 streaming feature and it streamed fine but it showed the mic as off. I was using the PS mic that came with the PS4. Do you need something special for it to work?

I believe there is an option in the share settings when you go to stream that allows you to use your mic.

It's like a box that you check.

I'm really pissed off I'll have to play the censored version

It's not so bad, being that it's only multiplayer. Still sucks though :/

thatJohann

Caved in and bought it digital using a $50 credit I had on PS Store. Sadly, by the time the 50GB download finishes, the game will probably be obsolete. I LOVE PS4 wifi speeds! LOVE I SAY! /sarcasm

I feel you.

We got a shipment of the game at work today and we aren't allowed to buy before Friday, even though it's a year old game essentially.

I have it on order from GameStop UK though. Hopefully I have some luck and it gets delivered before Friday. Anybody else had any experience with GameStop UK delivering early before?

Same boat here - although I don't know if I want it before Friday. On the Friday I go away on holiday for a week and I'd like to wait to have a clear shot at the game, but don't know if I have the willpower to not open it on the Thursday and have a quick go!

Gbraga

resident evil = those cheesy b movies you see on syfy at like 3 in the morning
last of us = dat oscar winner that changes your life

hopefully the last of us 2 comes out next year so we cna have 3 straight glorious years of the last of us :)

Cheesy B movies have great gameplay and replay value, though.

GavinUK86

daveo42

Banned
What if it's something UC4 related? Didn't Neil or another ND person comment during Comic-Con that we would see more of it "soon"?

But we are on Soony time right now. So probably not, though something new would be awesome. It might be more news about the upcoming TLoU movie.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/f3c3b5a23cc7cc90b774f4618d5e489f/tumblr_mpbax6ZpQM1qaoaajo1_500.gif[IMG]

[SPOILER]Enjoy :D[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

I can't believe you've reused this gif twice in less then 24 hours.

[SPOILER]You're gonna use it again, aren't you?[/SPOILER]

Top Bottom