• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

I can't believe you've reused this gif twice in less then 24 hours.

You're gonna use it again, aren't you?

tumblr_mpbax6ZpQM1qaoaajo1_500.gif

Not him using it now.
EDIT: Beaten.

In all honesty, I didn't super enjoy the SP of TLoU (so sorry!), but decided to double-dip in this instance. I played on easy...maybe that hurt my enjoyment?

Plus MP looks amazebuckets. Nice job, ND stream, got yourself +1 sales!

Should I grab the digital version of this or hope Gamestop has it when I go there tomorrow? Anyone know the size of the digital version?

Got mine:

Can someone tell me why there is no 7.1 LPCM audio option (like in the PS3 version)? It only supports 5.1.

Don't know too much about this kind of stuff, but does that mean no headphone surround sound on something like my Wireless Gold Headset? That would be very disappointing if true.

Hubb

In all honesty, I didn't super enjoy the SP of TLoU (so sorry!), but decided to double-dip in this instance. I played on easy...maybe that hurt my enjoyment?

Plus MP looks amazebuckets. Nice job, ND stream, got yourself +1 sales!

Well I really enjoyed the story, but that isn't going to stop me from spending most of the time in MP.

Easy may have hurt your enjoyment, but it depends what aspect(s) you didn't enjoy.

Don't know too much about this kind of stuff, but does that mean no headphone surround sound on something like my Wireless Gold Headset? That would be very disappointing if true.

No there is still surround sound. 5.1 and 7.1 just tells you how many speakers (channels) there are. 2 more speakers are present in a 7.1 set-up.

I'd say so. I went back after and tried to complete it on normal after completing in on hard (wanted to experience it again without a challenge) and I didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as I did on hard. I didn't even manage to complete it. The lack of challenge hindered my enjoyment of the overall game.

Those are just virtual surround anyway so they're fine. I just turn the virtual surround off since it kind of kills the sound quality and you can still get directionality with stereo

For me this will be the first game I get to play on my new projector setup aside from a little Mario Kart and some experimentation with steam streaming

http://24.media.tumblr.com/f3c3b5a23cc7cc90b774f4618d5e489f/tumblr_mpbax6ZpQM1qaoaajo1_500.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="VisceralBowl, post: 123054109"][IMG]http://24.media.tumblr.com/f3c3b5a23cc7cc90b774f4618d5e489f/tumblr_mpbax6ZpQM1qaoaajo1_500.gif[IMG]

[SPOILER]Not him using it now.[/SPOILER]
EDIT: Beaten.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/muxZmxu.gif

Gray Matter

I don't have the game pre ordered, I'm thinking of just going to gamestop at midnight to pick it up or just wait until tmrw morning?

Hubb

I don't have the game pre ordered, I'm thinking of just going to gamestop at midnight to pick it up or just wait until tmrw morning?

If you really want it tonight, why not call your gamestop and ask to preorder now. Or go on their website and do it from there.

Ok, looking for suggestions for which difficulty to play on. Here's the info:
I played it on PS3 on hard, I used listen mode. I found the game challenging, but not over the top, crazy difficult. There were a few spots I had a fairly hard time with, though, specifically the
first boss battle (although it was fairly easy once I used a little strategy)
as well as the part
where you've fallen down underneath the building and get ambushed a couple times after pulling levers

I'm tempted to try Survivor mode because I'd like a good challenge. At the same time, I want to enjoy my play through and not have too many rage inducing bottlenecks. So, is Survivor mode a nice step up from hard, or is it a massive jump up that's mainly for masochists?

Thanks for any advice!

Human_me

Ok, looking for suggestions for which difficulty to play on. Here's the info:
I played it on PS3 on hard, I used listen mode. I found the game challenging, but not over the top, crazy difficult. There were a few spots I had a fairly hard time with, though, specifically the
first boss battle (although it was fairly easy once I used a little strategy)
as well as the part
where you've fallen down underneath the building and get ambushed a couple times after pulling levers

I'm tempted to try Survivor mode because I'd like a good challenge. At the same time, I want to enjoy my play through and not have too many rage inducing bottlenecks. So, is Survivor mode a nice step up from hard, or is it a massive jump up that's mainly for masochists?

Thanks for any advice!

In the same position, I would also like to know this.

I have a feeling that the 'surprise' is one of these:
  • Free copy of the game.
  • Movie teaser.
  • Teaser for another ND project.
I'm expecting something UC4 related. Or even a teaser for the Uncharted movie. Man who the fuck knows. I just hope I can get one of them to sign the movie poster I got from comic con!

Top Bottom