• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

Artorias

Banned
Ok, looking for suggestions for which difficulty to play on. Here's the info:
I played it on PS3 on hard, I used listen mode. I found the game challenging, but not over the top, crazy difficult. There were a few spots I had a fairly hard time with, though, specifically the
first boss battle (although it was fairly easy once I used a little strategy)
as well as the part
where you've fallen down underneath the building and get ambushed a couple times after pulling levers

I'm tempted to try Survivor mode because I'd like a good challenge. At the same time, I want to enjoy my play through and not have too many rage inducing bottlenecks. So, is Survivor mode a nice step up from hard, or is it a massive jump up that's mainly for masochists?

Thanks for any advice!

Survivor is not much harder than Hard, and its extremely enjoyable imo. You will probably have more checkpoint restarts on certain sections, but I didn't get significantly stuck anywhere. The parts with Bloaters took a few tries, but they are all very close to checkpoints.

That would be 4am UK time I think, I'm going to up at 6.30 am anyway, so I'll just let it DL and commence sweet sweet love to it after work.

Gbraga

Do we know how long before the download is available? I need to know how much sleep I'm gonna get, or if I'll get any sleep at all. I need to start to download this as soon as possible so I can finish before I'm back from work tomorrow.

I didn't get my fast internet in time >_<

EDIT: Sorry, just read it.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Does that mean that other PSN games have released at 9 PST / 12 EST in the past?

Do we know how long before the download is available? I need to know how much sleep I'm gonna get, or if I'll get any sleep at all. I need to start to download this as soon as possible so I can finish before I'm back from work tomorrow.

I didn't get my fast internet in time >_<

EDIT: Sorry, just read it.

Well if that reddit post is accurate it'll be ready to dl in 8 hours and 10 minutes.

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
&#3900; &#12388; &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;° &#3901;&#12388; updated timer for hype

t1406606400z1.png

Gbraga

It's time, guys, we're so close now!

All this wait, it can't be for nothing.

The download SP or MP first thing is confirmed? That would be great, because even if I can't download the whole thing in time, I'm sure I can get at least one of them to start playing while I get the rest.

I got InFamous, MGS, Watch_Dogs @ 12am EST if it helps.

Did some research and that game was released at midnight PST (3 EST). So somebody (reddit person 1, reddit person 2, you, or sony) is wrong here.

EDIT: Comment on the reddit thread has same link:
::sigh:: Just because you want it to, doesn't mean that it does.
All major releases have been 1201 AM PST... 301 EST.
http://community.us.playstation.com...ond-Son-Download-and-Other-Info/td-p/43182330
There was infamous, off the PS store as proof. I knew I remembered having to wait till 3 AM for MLB and Infamous.

actually guys if it helps I do remember downloading watchdogs on PS4 at 9pm PST upon release. I was shocked because I expected it it be available for DL sometime the next day when the store updated. I got use to waiting for the store to update the next day on ps3 to download new digital releases but watchdogs was available for DL on the PS4 at 9pm PST.

Has anyone else noticed that vibration is extremely weak compared to the PS3 version?

I'm highly reliant on vibration feedback (especially when they shoot me), so I seem to die more easily in the PS4 version.

Can ND make vibration a bit stronger on DS4? Or is there any option to tweak it?

ps: I'm talking about the MP. Haven't played the SP yet.

Tick tock tick tock. My anticipation is slowing down time. I almost can't wait any longer. Drove by a couple of stores while working today looking for an early copy like i was trying to score drugs or something. LMAO I'm sad. :(

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
actually guys if it helps I do remember downloading watchdogs on PS4 at 9pm PST upon release. I was shocked because I expected it it be available for DL sometime the next day when the store updated. I got use to waiting for the store to update the next day on ps3 to download new digital releases but watchdogs was available for DL on the PS4 at 9pm PST.

58669-so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-c-Sm9B.gif

If it helps you guys hoping - I can 100% confirm Ground Zeroes was available at 12 ET. I began my download at 10 pm local time (I'm in the Mountain timezone)

So yes, THERES A CHANCE!

Zoda

Neo Member
So do you guys think can just stop at Walmart around midnight and buy? Or will it likely not be on the shelf until tomorrow morning?

Survivor is not much harder than Hard, and its extremely enjoyable imo. You will probably have more checkpoint restarts on certain sections, but I didn't get significantly stuck anywhere. The parts with Bloaters took a few tries, but they are all very close to checkpoints.
Cool, thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure I'll play through on Survivor then.

anyone else who preordered digitally from psn notice that the game tab isn't in the library anymore? maybe I am mistaken but I could have swore there use to be a tab in my library.

Straxus

Does any one know or think I can preorder today online, and walk in tomorrow with TLoU classic, and still get the TLoU:R for $25 off?

Top Bottom