• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Remastered |OT| Game of the Years

BtqUi-qIAAEvBcS.jpg:orig

soon__gif__by_rndfax-d6l0o51.gif

enhanced-buzz-28895-1301694293-0.jpg

LAA

Urgh the wait...it hurts... :(

First time pre-ordering a game from Gamestop UK.

If anyone has pre-ordered from them before, is it possible to get the game early?

IIRC Sony first party games usually all release at midnight pacific. Third party games vary by publisher.

Ah ok, that explains the conflicting reports. As I mentioned before MGS: GZ was up at 12 ET but many people say games theyve ordered go up at 12 PST.

Although I thought Infamous went up at 12 ET...I remember people posting in the thread around that time. Could be wrong.

If I'm playing for the first time, should I play the DLC single player content first, or after beating the main game?

For the love of god do not play the DLC first. Not to spoil anything but it was designed under the assumption you completed the campaign - and the way it is set up may spoil things from the main game for you.

Ah ok, that explains the conflicting reports. As I mentioned before MGS: GZ was up at 12 ET but many people say games theyve ordered go up at 12 PST.

Although I thought Infamous went up at 12 ET...I remember people posting in the thread around that time. Could be wrong.

I am pretty sure it was midnight PST for infamous but my memory has been wrong before. :)

Padinn

Thank you for the quick replies everyone, main campaign first it is :)

A zombie breaks in your room - you have the item immediately to your left and right to fight it off with. What do you have?

I have a cable modem and a router....

FuturusX

Is there a pre-load for PSN in the US?

I want to play this at midnight and I love physical but I'm willing to go digital for now ( Buy a physical copy for the collection when it's cheap)

Gaz_RB

A zombie breaks in your room - you have the item immediately to your left and right to fight it off with. What do you have?

A goldfish and a box of blueberries...
Damn

...not sure why they even bother. why not 12 AM EST? Screws those of us in EST or CST over.

I agree and I am on the west coast. To me it makes sense if you have to wait until midnight to make it midnight Eastern and let everybody get it at the same time. The whole timezone thing seems arbitrary and stupid in the context of game releases to me anyway.

Is there a pre-load for PSN in the US?

I want to play this at midnight and I love physical but I'm willing to go digital for now ( Buy a physical copy for the collection when it's cheap)

In the US, no. The game was available for pre-order before Sony made the change which allows preloading.

delta25

Banned
EB games just called to let me know that I can pick up my copy tomorrow....

As If I didn't already know that, thanks EB for making the wait even more painful...assholes

Barrylad

Neo Member
Just a note for anyone hoping to platinum this who's new to it:

Generally speaking, it's not that tough. On the PS3, you needed to beat the game around four times (the trophies for the respective difficulties stack) - normal, survivor (very hard, unlocked after one playthrough), normal plus and survivor plus. Because Remastered also has the DLC difficulty, Grounded, it also has two trophies for it; a trophy for one regular and a trophy for one NG+ playthrough.

I know some folk on GAF recommend going as high as possible, difficulty wise, because TLOU's gameplay flourishes when you do that - but I wouldn't recommend going higher than 'hard' on your first run-through. The higher difficulties are punishing enough, without going in blind. I'd recommend sticking to the above PS3 template. Even if you're a glutton for punishment, I'd still say do NOT go immediately to Grounded. It's difficult to the point I think it could alienate first time players. I find it maddening on my SIXTH playthrough. It seems designed for masochists and people who know the levels back-to-front.

Trophies for upgrading Joel and his weapons can only be attained via second playthroughs (new game plus).

Multiplayer was fairly straight forward before DLC - beat both the 'campaigns', which essentially involves playing online for around 40 hours. It's totally doable and the MP is super fun. However, the DLC brought new trophies - specifically ones for playing a game on each new map, without dying, and getting three downs or executions in the process. These trophies are a bastard. I still haven't gotten them all and I play a lot. The standard of play once you level up a decent amount is very high, and getting through a round unscathed is a real achievement. Good luck with those.

Left Behind's trophies are straight forward, but it is possible to miss some by failing mini-games which I wont spoil here.

Sorry if I'm covering ground discussed elsewhere, I'm catching up on the thread as we speak. Very jealous of folks who get to experience this for the first time this week - not even on PS4 - just jealous of people who get to experience it for the first time!

A couple of decently sturdy food court chairs. Better than most things I've seen so far.

My wallet and a coffee mug full of cold coffee that was lousy when it was warm.

GavinUK86

Doesn't really matter what time it unlocks to me, I'll be watching the live reading until 4:30am then hitting the sack! I presume it'll be available by the time I wake up.

Top Bottom