• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky PC |OT|

Arthea

Wait... there is achievement for finishing prologue? (I haven't checked achievements before, but I checked now and it's invisible, isn't it?)
It did not unlock for me and I finished prologue. Thus, that statistics probably not very accurate.

Wait... there is achievement for finishing prologue? (I haven't checked achievements before, but I checked now and it's invisible, isn't it?)
It did not unlock for me and I finished prologue. Thus, that statistics probably not very accurate.

Where are you in the game?

jdkluv

The script of Brandish 4 is significantly larger than The Dark Revenant's (four main characters in total), so it's going to take a while before the translation has been completed, I'm afraid.

Then what are you doing wasting your precious time around here? Get back to work nao!

;p

Speaking about Brandish 4: here's something I wanted to give you like 5 hours ago through IRC. I'll try to keep that album updated with pretty much every single piece of dialog from Dee's story as soon as time permits (need to beat Brandish 3 first though!).

Shiokazu

are you using a lappy? some use nvidia optimus (?) which switches between two cards
on my laptop I have a 635m. I can't select anything besides Intel HD in that same dropdown, but when I alt tab out I can check which programs are using my nvidia card in my tray. I set it in the control panel so most programs default to that card

Unfortunately, the solution to these sorts of issues for laptops seems to depend on every game individually. I remember Sonic Generations not running on my old laptops discrete card and only seeing the integrated graphics until I deleted or modified a line in the configuration file.

It's a fairly common issue with Nvidia notebook cards it seems (I just randomly googled and found that)

What you'll likely want to try first is to go into NVidia control panel, manage 3d settings, find the Trails executable and maybe also the configuration tool (I don't own the game so I'm unsure what's all in the directory) and set both to the preferred graphics processor of your 750m. Can't guarantee it will work, though :(

I've got the same problem with my laptop - which is likely much older than yours - and there's not much you can do about it. I think if you open your Nvidia settings you can set specific games to run with your proper graphics card instead of Intel HD, but I'm not sure if that's actually working in this case. And honestly? It doesn't matter. This game is 10 years old, Intel HD will run the game just fine.

I haven't encountered this problem with Trails specifically, but with a couple other Steam games. You need to shut down the game's process in your task manager, afterwards it should be running fine again.

Go in your Nvidia setting under 3d settings and to force your discrete gpu (750m)

Ys Origins had the same problem as well.

i tried it and all, well, its not much about the graphics, i just found out that my intel graphics had the driver outdated, after updating it many crash errors stopped happening.
but updating it was a pain and it seems i cant find settings to make it automatically look and download updates, thats kind of a pain. while my nvidia has it enabled, making it much easier to just play without caring about these.

thanks for the information there, it indeed helped with this minimal issue.

Rootbeer

Banned
is the controller mapping supposed to work with xbox gamepads? Because... it doesn't for me, yet i'm reading comments on steam of people saying you can map it through the Configuration utility... but it doesn't recognize the button presses :(

So much frustration in this game

This game is nice.

But seriously. Joshua is such a damn bore. My god i want to slap his face, goddamn.

Also, please tell me there aren't any secret treasure boxes on unseen places in fixed camera areas. I've been ocd'ing pretty fucking hard with that...

is the controller mapping supposed to work with xbox gamepads? Because... it doesn't for me, yet i'm reading comments on steam of people saying you can map it through the Configuration utility... but it doesn't recognize the button presses :(

Works fine for me using XBOX ONE pad.

Aeana

This game is nice.

But seriously. Joshua is such a damn bore. My god i want to slap his face, goddamn.

Also, please tell me there aren't any secret treasure boxes on unseen places in fixed camera areas. I've been ocd'ing pretty fucking hard with that...

There are. Not a lot of them, but they exist. Most of them are fairly obvious, but either way, if you get near a chest, you get a "!" over your head and you can see that through whatever's covering it up.

Anyone else have an issue with a lot of textures not loading? Instead I get blocks of pale blue everywhere (trees especially). Sometimes in an area the screen will flicker and the textures will pop in but others remain that way. Any ideas?

Edit: Well, finally fixed it. I changed my resolution and unchecked hardware vertex shading and it seems to be working better and looks all around better too!

Aeana

Anyone else have an issue with a lot of textures not loading? Instead I get blocks of pale blue everywhere (trees especially). Sometimes in an area the screen will flicker and the textures will pop in but others remain that way. Any ideas?

Try turning vertex shading off in the config utility.

Syraxith

I had to check "use DirectInput" in the gamepad tab for it to recognize buttons.

Also in the graphics config, does anyone know what Render Target is for?

This game is nice.

Heh. Hehehehehehe. Oh, what a fun trap your words have set for you!

Burning Justice

the superior princess

Xbox 360 or Xbox One? And have you gotten the controller to work with other games?

Sorry if this has been brought up before, but did this happen to anyone else?
0ahjNf7.jpg

Something seems a little off...some weird teleporting thing happened.

Hubb

Haven't bought it yet, I know legitimately nothing about it.

I enjoy playing JRPGs

Others may be able to give you are more detailed reason. I only know this game and no basically nothing of its sequels.

I'd recommend going on YouTube and checking out the battle system to make sure you think it is something you'd enjoy. After that I can only say I really like the cast of characters/dialogue in the game. It does start off slow and continues that way for a little bit. If you enjoy the game in its slow parts, you will really like it in the mid part through the end. It does do a great job world building.

Hopefully someone else can do a better job than me.

Burning Justice

the superior princess

Yeah, that happened to me as well. In that quest, a duplicate of whichever character you choose to have fight the monsters appears on the far right of the screen. I think that's a result of them putting in widescreen.

Haven't bought it yet, I know legitimately nothing about it.

I enjoy playing JRPGs

If you like JRPGs then you need to play this game, just don't expect an EPIC storyline(even if I think it's amazing), it's a slow game that's wants you to get to know the characters and world, and oh boy the way it does it is amazing, the writing and dialogue are really good and you WILL love the characters even if they seem generic at first.

The gameplay might not be amazing but it works(I personally like it a lot).

Hatsuu

XSEED

Ah, that's not part of the main story, is it? It might be a widescreen issue. You couldn't see that happen in 4:3, but because we put in widescreen, all the stuff like enemies and people randomly appearing or standing where they shouldn't appear now show. I believe I caught all the ones in the main story so they should be fixed, but I might have missed some of the side ones. I'll let our programmer know.

Eusis

If you like JRPGs then you need to play this game, just don't expect an EPIC storyline(even if I think it's amazing), it's a slow game that's wants you to get to know the characters and world, and oh boy the way it does it is amazing, the writing and dialogue are really good and you WILL love the characters even if they seem generic at first.

The gameplay might not be amazing but it works(I personally like it a lot).
I get the impression it DOES get more epic in later entries, but right now... yeah, at best
it starts to get more epic just as it's about to end, and even then it's mostly a within-the-shadows government problem.

Shengar

Not having technical difficulty at all. Is it because I'm using AMD GPU? Anyway, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. The dialogue feels nice and naturally paced.

Aeana

Ah, that's not part of the main story, is it? It might be a widescreen issue. You couldn't see that happen in 4:3, but because we put in widescreen, all the stuff like enemies and people randomly appearing or standing where they shouldn't appear now show. I believe I caught all the ones in the main story so they should be fixed, but I might have missed some of the side ones. I'll let our programmer know.

That's the quest where you have to replace the light on the road, a Rolent quest.

Ryne

Having nothing but problems with the game - can't map the controls, can't even shutdown steam because the game is running mysteriously.

I like it, but I'm a bit frustrated.

Edit: Got some help from a great person on the steam forums. Looks like I'm good to go.

Aeana

I've encountered a bug with a particular chest in Sapphirl Tower.

When you examine the chest after getting the item in it, there's no way to close the text box. The game isn't frozen -- you can see the water animation in the corner of the screen, music continues as usual -- there just isn't a way to close the text box.

I've encountered a bug with a particular chest in Sapphirl Tower.

When you examine the chest after getting the item in it, there's no way to close the text box. The game isn't frozen -- you can see the water animation in the corner of the screen, music continues as usual -- there just isn't a way to close the text box.
I remember someone else posted about this exact same chest yesterday.

dawid

Any reason to remap the buttons on an 360 controller? Default seemed to "work", but will i regret not changing it up? :]

Squishy3

Any reason to remap the buttons on an 360 controller? Default seemed to "work", but will i regret not changing it up? :]
I mapped confirm/cancel to A and B and that's pretty much all I did. List of what the buttons correspond to on a 360 controller here if you want to switch things around.

So I have both the GOG copy of the game and the newest patch downloaded and installed and the game won't load. I don't get an error message or anything, it just doesn't load.

Aeana

So I have both the GOG copy of the game and the newest patch downloaded and installed and the game won't load. I don't get an error message or anything, it just doesn't load.
Are you by any chance trying to play with the resolution set to your desktop resolution but the "windowed mode" box checked?

wrowa

Can you rotate the camera? When I started playing camera rotation was inaccessible on the 360 pad due to the triggers not working. You might want to look into that.

Are you by any chance trying to play with the resolution set to your desktop resolution but the "windowed mode" box checked?

I haven't done anything to my settings, I've just been clicking on the desktop shortcut and it won't start up or load.

6e12daad30a5e3d6a779ca8fecf637ff.png

EDIT: ...so it just decided to load for me when I clicked "Start Game" in the Configuration window.
EDIT #2: ..OK, it works now.

Top Bottom