• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky PC |OT|

TheChaos0

I love the chest dialogues... Always get a chuckle out of me. :p

Also, this thread already has more posts than the OT for the PSP version! Sadly, it doesn't seem like a whole lot people are actually talking about the game, though...

The chest dialogues were amazing!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I've almost caught up to where I originally stopped playing in the Prologue on the PSP. But it's been so long since I last touched it that everything is vaguely familiar yet mostly fresh at the moment.

I'm even contemplating on installing Steam on my laptop just so I can play that extra bit more in bed as I tend to keep my PC and laptop separate due to a clear divide between work and play.

Faabulous

XSEED folks, maybe it's too early to ask, but on a scale from Renegade to Paragon, how blue are you at the moment with regards to game sales on Steam and GOG?

//EDIT: Looking at concurrent players on Steam, one could venture a guesstimate of ~15,000 sales on Steam, and about 30% of that, so ~5000 on GOG.

Still there in Europe. :)

Well, going by The Last Federation stats the guys at Arcen post at their forums, I'd say it sold more then that. TLF was at the top 10 for way less time, and it sold pretty well.

pls don't cancel SC

It's fallen out of the Steam top 10, time to cancel SC.

Still nº 9 here.

Would be cool if Tom could just give us an idea of how it did. I'd really like to know if it's at least meeting their expectations.

I checked out joytokey but I was in a hurry so I didn't have time to figure it out, I tried creating a profile but it didn't work, just messed things up.
I'll give it another try later.

Diablos

50 hours of gameplay for less than $20.

Hmm.

I tried playing this on PSP but couldn't. PSP (to me) is the most uncomfortable device to hold. And the LCD sucks, heh.

I'd love to have a rough idea of how the game sold.

Something like "as expected", "much better than expected" or "holy crap we're so rich now we hired more people and SC is coming next month"

-NeoTB1-

I put in a couple hours yesterday and still no glaring issues on my end. Very happy with my experience so far. Thanks to the people who suggested JoyToKey, too. It makes the experience much more pleasurable using a controller.

max_505

Something like "as expected", "much better than expected" or "holy crap we're so rich now we hired more people and SC is coming next month"

That's like a pipe dream but I honestly wish it would happen. I hope FC is selling really well, though!

SC is coming, we've waited YEARS so we can wait a few more months, the dream now is to get 3rd and Zero.......lol

mrpookles

Do you like JRPGs? If so, then yes.

(Though if you're a JRPG fan and you don't like handhelds, you're denying yourself a lot of great games.)

It took me 6 months to get through TWEWY on DS despite loving it... just can't commit on handhelds for some reason.

I think I'll grab it.

Bought it, I'll get to it sometime this year....decade....before I die.

I know the feeling, I'm genuinely convinced that I wont get around to some games I already own before I die, granted, I do play everything that costs me a reasonable amount of money and I've been pretty damn broke lately so haven't bought much but with steam you're always swimming in games, even if it is from gifts or through family sharing or ridiculous deals from summer/winter sales.

Shantom

//EDIT: Looking at concurrent players on Steam, one could venture a guesstimate of ~15,000 sales on Steam, and about 30% of that, so ~5000 on GOG.

It's going to be significantly higher than that- the concurrent players stat wll have been hurt by the bugs at launch.

Soule

Hmmm so I bought the game yesterday and am just now trying to get around to playing it but it won't even launch :\ The screen just flickers black like it's trying to launch the game and then dies in the ass before so much as a logo screen.

EDIT: Nevermind, when I first got it I saw it had an options and apparently my computer doesn't want to run this in windows mode. Sucks ass cause I went through pretty much every other option before getting to that.

Blue-kun

Played for abut 4 hours total, gotta say I love how elaborate is npc interaction.

It's really nice how they all have their little stories to tell, and most of the time you'll end up hearing things that will resonate with our actual party members, too. Joshua's and Estelle's reactions to some comments and things they hear from people right on the prologue say a lot about each other. The writing in this game really is stellar.

Meanwhile, I put in another two hours last night, but still on the Prologue. Think all that's left now is the last leftover quest, because I've got all the Bulletin Board ones covered. Taking my time and enjoying it to the fullest~

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I know the feeling, I'm genuinely convinced that I wont get around to some games I already own before I die, granted, I do play everything that costs me a reasonable amount of money and I've been pretty damn broke lately so haven't bought much but with steam you're always swimming in games, even if it is from gifts or through family sharing or ridiculous deals from summer/winter sales.

I'm not alone.
Internet-Bro-Fist-Pound-it--funny-tee-shirt.jpg

Wonko_C

Told my friends about this game, they are looking forward to buying it in November/December. (Since we buy everything on Steam sales... We're lousy cheapskates, we know.)

I have to say, the fact that monsters can trigger battles when running into your party members makes dodging enemies in certain areas a gigantic pain in the ass when you have a train of 4 people following you.

Thores

Bought this today! Wanted to show my support, and GAF RPG recommendations usually work out for me.

I've got a question though: is it worth waiting to play the game until the monster guide update, or does it not really add that much?

Varion

Bought this today! Wanted to show my support, and GAF RPG recommendations usually work out for me.

I've got a question though: is it worth waiting to play the game until the monster guide update, or does it not really add that much?
It really doesn't add that much. If you've ever played another RPG with a bestiary... well, it's basically like that. How much do you generally consult them?

Blue-kun

It's a neat detail and what not, but I don't think it's worth putting the game off til you get that update. All it really does is... well, serve as a bit of a bestiary where you can check the enemies you fought and info about them.

So, if I were you I'd just jump into it and enjoy it.

^What they said.

Also keep in mind that the game is keeping track of the monsters you fight so the bestiary will be updated when it's patched in.

Despera

Banned
I have to say, the fact that monsters can trigger battles when running into your party members makes dodging enemies in certain areas a gigantic pain in the ass when you have a train of 4 people following you.
It is a pain in the ass when I only have Joshua tailing me, imagine how nightmarish it would be if 2 more joined the party.

I'll continue to chapter 1 once I find this little brat's shiny rock (which I presume is just another quartz)... I looked all around the shop where he thinks he dropped it and found nothing. Talked to some NPCs and got no clue either. I'll just go check the sewers because it's possible the damn thing dropped into it.

If it's not there then I'll just skip the quest.

It is a pain in the ass when I only have Joshua tailing me, imagine how nightmarish it would be if 2 more joined the party.

I'll continue to chapter 1 once I find this little brat's shiny rock (which I presume is just another quartz)... I looked all around the shop where he thinks he dropped it and found nothing. Talked to some NPCs and got no clue either. I'll just go check the sewers because it's possible the damn thing dropped into it.

If it's not there then I'll just skip the quest.

If you want to know:
he dropped in the sewers but I dont know if first you have to check the vent close to Rinon Shop where you get the Liberl newspaper

Despera

Banned
At least you can escape battles with a 100% chance.
When a party member gets tagged from behind and enemies get to whoop your ass good before you make a run for it, then the chance of escape better be 100%.

If you want to know:
he dropped in the sewers but I dont know if first you have to check the vent close to Rinon Shop where you get the Liberl newspaper
I'll go there directly and skip that unnecessary step.

Syril

What's the current state of the bugs in this game? I was interested in getting this, but I can wait a few days for them to be ironed out if need be.

Also, very specific question, but I was intending to get the GOG version to install on my thumbdrive so I can play at different locations easily without having to have separate installations. Has anyone tried this and can say whether this works?

What's the current state of the bugs in this game? I was interested in getting this, but I can wait a few days for them to be ironed out if need be.

Also, very specific question, but I was intending to get the GOG version to install on my thumbdrive so I can play at different locations easily without having to have separate installations. Has anyone tried this and can say whether this works?

Steam version seems to be fine now, I don't own the GoG version so I don't know if it's patched already.

desmax

Patch for the GOG version is already out, fixes the S-Craft problem with the gamepad.

Need to play more to check if everything fine

GOG version was patched a couple hours ago. Haven't had a chance to download it/test if it fixed sbreak etc. yet, but it's showing up in my account now.

Edit -- ^ Awesome :)

wrowa

I don't know if that works, but the Steam version does have cloud saves if that helps you slightly.

desmax

It does save your game in a certain folder on the PC you're using, so you'll probably want to copy that folder to your thumbdrive before leaving.

You can acess the folder by clicking "Save Folder" in the config.exe

Ryker

I installed the GoG patch. Is there a way to check that it's actually applied, like to somehow find out what version of the game you're playing?

wrowa

Edit: Disregard this post, it's bullshit. The achievement I'm talking about will actually unlock a few hours into the game, not in the opening scene as I've thought. My mistake, sorry.

Talking about potential sales numbers, Trails peaked at 1300 concurrent user's on Steam today. If the global achievements are to be believed, about 10% of all people who bought Trails got the "Why is my present a boy?" achievement which you get about 5 minutes into the game. So, if the achievement isn't bugged - and it might very well be! - it could be said that only roughly 10% of all buyers have played the game yet. If that's the case, we would be looking at a minimum of 10k sales so far.

But it's of course very well possible that the achievement is bugged - actually, I kinda expect it be bugged all things considered. :p

Talking about potential sales numbers, Trails peaked at 1300 concurrent user's on Steam today. If the global achievements are to be believed, about 10% of all people who bought Trails got the "Why is my present a boy?" achievement which you get about 5 minutes into the game. So, if the achievement isn't bugged - and it might very well be! - it could be said that only roughly 10% of all buyers have played the game yet. If that's the case, we would be looking at a minimum of 10k sales so far.

But it's of course very well possible that the achievement is bugged - actually, I kinda expect it be bugged all things considered. :p

I don't have that achievement.

Syril

It does save your game in a certain folder on the PC you're using, so you'll probably want to copy that folder to your thumbdrive before leaving.

You can acess the folder by clicking "Save Folder" in the config.exe

Hmm, sounds like it would be more convenient to just use the could saves then.

That achievement doesn't even appear on my list.

Baust

I don't think I got that achievement either. Actually, I don't think I've gotten any yet.

Top Bottom