• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky PC |OT|

Try changing the resolution, or setting it to windowed mode. I've never tried it at 640x480 fullscreen, maybe that setting is broken.

For some reason it finally decided to load for me when I pressed "Start Game" in the Configuration window without me having to change anything, but I went ahead and changed the window configuration to 1024x600 and windowed.

Sandfox

Well I'm about ready to finally start my playthrough. I might spend some time playing with the graphical settings to see how the game though so it could take me a bit lol.

I've encountered a bug with a particular chest in Sapphirl Tower.

When you examine the chest after getting the item in it, there's no way to close the text box. The game isn't frozen -- you can see the water animation in the corner of the screen, music continues as usual -- there just isn't a way to close the text box.

Yeah I posted about it yesterday. I have a save right there so I log in and test it every time there is a new patch. So far still bugged. I called it a freeze though.

Psxphile

I recently noted that Rolent's clock tower had a staircase leading inside from the north side, usually out-of-view. I hope to find out soon why Estelle is so skittish around that thing.

There are. Not a lot of them, but they exist. Most of them are fairly obvious, but either way, if you get near a chest, you get a "!" over your head and you can see that through whatever's covering it up.
It's a lot like Final Fantasy IX in that regard, except Falcom didn't litter every single map with random bits of mira and items in every nook and cranny. It's mostly readable notes, chests and known quest items/objects of interest that cause the *!* to pop out.

Default controls should work ok for Dual Shock 3 users right?
I use a Dual Shock 3 w/ the Mayflash adapter. I posted before earlier in the thread about how the default mappings were a little whack (this was in Xinput mode, however). I've since switched to the adapter's DirectInput mode and regained use of the trigger buttons.

Any reason to remap the buttons on an 360 controller? Default seemed to "work", but will i regret not changing it up? :]
I don't know about you or anyone else, but I remapped them to classic PS1 jRPG configuration, accordingly. Then again, I kind of had to:

BjuHksj.png

Inverse camera control. Aw yiss.

I did resort to Xpadder to be able to use the Dpad. I feel this works quite well for me, it's second nature almost. Only Camp being the same as Cancel throws me off, but as I recall there were a few jRPGs that did weird things like that too.

alstein

noticing it seems really hard to get all the sidequests done in time. Do you have to know everything beforehand, or just pick and choose?

oupi

I have to finish DS2 and Original Sin before I start this properly but one question before that. Before I start searching every inch of the playable area, are there any hidden items you can find by pressing the ok/talk button in right spots like in FF series?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
A big request:

Please either make the deadzone larger for the controller sticks or allow us to adjust it in the config tool.

I'm getting drift on the movement stick using my 360 pad. It works perfectly fine in other games... and it's not a calibration issue either as I've restarted my computer several times to make sure it calibrates in the neutral position.

Tetsuo9

A big request:

Please either make the deadzone larger for the controller sticks or allow us to adjust it in the config tool.

I'm getting drift on the movement stick using my 360 pad. It works perfectly fine in other games... and it's not a calibration issue either as I've restarted my computer several times to make sure it calibrates in the neutral position.

I'm playing with my 360 pad as well and I don't have that particular issue.

creid

A big request:

The left stick? Strange, I haven't had any issues. When I was using JoyToKey to map the right stick to camera rotation I could tell that the dead zone for that was microscopic.

Feels good now that the game is working well and I've got the controller setup how I like it.
Still some issues with the text formatting in the bracer notebook tabs for example but not a problem.
Still getting that bug where the first time I enter the menu I have to back out because it wont respond.
Anyway, the game has aged well even in the visual department, still looks very nice.
Music is as wonderful as I remember it.

A big request:

I haven't had that issue either.

I have to finish DS2 and Original Sin before I start this properly but one question before that. Before I start searching every inch of the playable area, are there any hidden items you can find by pressing the ok/talk button in right spots like in FF series?

Like someone already said above, with the exception of some very rare cases, it's always treasure chests. You always get an exclamation mark above your head when you're close to an interactive object.

Loving the game so far, my only problem is in Rolent

MQv74pa.png

Some of the graphics flicker and I can't seem to figure out a way to play around with the graphics settings to fix it the options menu only gives the options for 30fps (which looks awful) and transparency which doesn't help. I have the steam version if that matters

Edit: I also should probably calibrate my ps3 or 360 controller to work with this game as playing on a keyboard/mouse just feels wrong for a jrpg

Loving the game so far, my only problem is in Rolent

http://i.imgur.com/MQv74pa.png[IMG]

Some of the graphics flicker and I can't seem to figure out a way to play around with the graphics settings to fix it the options menu only gives the options for 30fps (which looks awful) and transparency which doesn't help. I have the steam version if that matters

Edit: I also should probably calibrate my ps3 or 360 controller to work with this game as playing on a keyboard/mouse just feels wrong for a jrpg[/QUOTE]

I think you have to toggle the option about the vertex shader

Ultimadrago

Now, I've only opened the game to set some configs, but does anyone know the cause for the "Falcom" logo looking like this upon starting?

Hoping it doesn't spell out trouble for me when actually playing.

Here are the settings I have it at:

capturefkkse.jpg

Any suggestions?

creid

Try lowering your resolution a little bit and trying Windowed mode. FWIW a bunch of people in this thread have been having that problem with the videos, and haven't had problems elsewhere.

Ultimadrago

Try lowering your resolution a little bit and trying Windowed mode. FWIW a bunch of people in this thread have been having that problem with the videos, and haven't had problems elsewhere.

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Would like it to work for 1080, but I'll take it for now.

Now, I've only opened the game to set some configs, but does anyone know the cause for the "Falcom" logo looking like this upon starting?

Hoping it doesn't spell out trouble for me when actually playing.

Here are the settings I have it at:

capturefkkse.jpg

Any suggestions?

It's a known issue, the game itself should be fine. You can disable the logo (and the intro) in the config btw.

Any word on when the Monster Book should be available?

Not yet.

I hope Tom will be able to tell us something about how the game is performing.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Tried it out to see if I got that video bug and it looks like I'm in the clear, so I'm going to wait for the PS3 assets patch at least to actually start playing though especially since it seems the game is full of bugs right now anyways.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Played for a few hours and didn't really run into any issues aside from the "Achievements" text in the bracer book being messed up.

The one thing I'd like to see changed (if it's possible) is more control customization. Or at least being able to set Camp and Cancel to different buttons.

Aeana

Tried it out to see if I got that video bug and it looks like I'm in the clear, so I'm going to wait for the PS3 assets patch at least to actually start playing though especially since it seems the game is full of bugs right now anyways.

Most of the bugs have been solved now.

Ultimadrago

It's a known issue, the game itself should be fine. You can disable the logo (and the intro) in the config btw.

Good to know the rest of the game is fine. I'll just disable the logo/intro starting up and play in 1080. Get to the game quicker and have the highest resolution. Win-win!

Rootbeer

Banned
okay... at some point one of the most recent patches either from today or later yesterday fixed my 360 gamepad issues, i can now configure it from the tool that comes with the game!

all my complains have been addressed (except the videos playing weird, which is not a problem at all for me but i just feel it gives a very bad impression to anyone starting up the game for the first time and they should work on addressing that)

Aeana

I haven't gotten a patch since 3 AM, but perhaps that's what you're talking about. Sadly, the Sapphirl Tower chest bug is still not fixed.

Aeana

I don't know if you guys heard, but perhaps you would be better off watching Sword Art Online.

The main characters are Kirito/Asuna clones

Pretty good game, but does anyone else feel like this is a SAO clone?

Joshua is a direct ripoff of Kirito from the personality, character design, dual wieldig swords, etc. and Estelle is an Asuna ripoff.

Not a bad game but some originality would be nice.

Hatsuu

XSEED
Kinda weird how the school is called Jenis in dialog/maps but the banners at the festival say Genis.

Yeah, those I haven't been able to change. It said Genis Wonder Festa or something. I asked Sara for the graphic files once I'd noticed, so those should hopefully be adjusted at some point. At least I was able to replace Ber > Bar and Lahnding Port > Landing Port. The banners weren't part of the original graphic files I had, though. Same for a couple of signs for Manoria village.

Aeana

I just did all three hidden quests at Jenis and my achievement progress still says 2/3.
Steam says 0% of users have that achievement, and I would expect plenty of people to be past here by now, so...

Hatsuu

XSEED
I just did all three hidden quests at Jenis and my achievement progress still says 2/3.
Steam says 0% of users have that achievement, and I would expect plenty of people to be past here by now, so...

Very strange, but that doesn't sound like it'll be a difficult thing to fix. I'll let Sara know.

Top Bottom