• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC |OT| More Olivier Than Ever

Bladenic

Considering not even bothering with the save transfers and just playing straight up. That is, if the game even gets put up today.

Beat the Channel dungeon. I thought it was gonna throw me for a loop with multi-tier lever puzzles, but no, this was much simpler. It's still a step-up from the Rolent Sewers for a starter/refresh dungeon though. Fighting
Kurt
was simple too, but holy shit that boss music is awesome! Only burden was how long the lever transitions took (which might be where I got the idea of a red herring or more complex puzzles), as it was a fun start otherwise. Le Locle is cool, and I already know I'll be returning for the other dungeons if the story doesn't send me to 'em first.

Prologue is excellent, though it's obviously buffering the meaty stuff until later in the game. The return home was sad. Kevin is hilarious and a real good 'ol boy, so that's something at least.

Famassu

Aaaaah, fuck it. Just bought the PC version, I'm weak and can't wait for this to become available in Europe on PSN. I'll double dip on the PSP-Vita version at some point in the future for a 100% playthrough.

Varion

Hmm. I didn't receive the stuff I expected to when loading my clear save from FC, during the conversation with Kurt at Le Locle. At least, I'm 95% sure that's when you're supposed to get the stuff.
Yeah, that's when you're meant to get them. You have the discussion about the new model combat orbments, he gives you sepith, then he goes 'Oh, yeah, and these are for you Estelle' and you get the items (Glove Gear, Celestial Balm, Emergency Puppet, Luck quartz) you're meant to for a full BP run.

Is anyone else having problems with this? Just started up a new save on the English version to check, 368BP file carried over from English FC, nothing carried over from SC and I'm getting the rewards just fine.

Dio

Banned
Yeah, that's when you're meant to get them. You have the discussion about the new model combat orbments, he gives you sepith, then he goes 'Oh, yeah, and these are for you Estelle' and you get the items (Glove Gear, Celestial Balm, Emergency Puppet, Luck quartz) you're meant to for a full BP run.

Is anyone else having problems with this? Just started up a new save on the English version to check, 368BP file carried over from English FC, nothing carried over from SC and I'm getting the rewards just fine.

Oh, in that case, I got all of those items. My save file must work for that then. I thought you got another weapon.

Kensuke

Anyone know where I could download (and how to apply) a clear FC save file? I don't know if I can wait for the EU release. Might as well just play it now on PC.

Varion

Anyone know where I could download (and how to apply) a clear FC save file? I don't know if I can wait for the EU release. Might as well just play it now on PC.
There's one in the OP, isn't there? As for applying it, courtesy of SpaceDrake on twitter:

1) Create the [username]/Saved Games/FALCOM/ED6 folder.
2) Move the save files in question into this folder.
3) Start a New Game like normal. You will be prompted to choose a save.

Saroyan

I bought this on steam, now I can finally start playing the first game without any anxiety of being left with a cliffhanger and no sequel :)

Aeana

It is. Hm. You're sure it was a full-point clear?
...Don't mind me. I'm stupid. I apparently accidentally hit cancel instead of confirm when loading the save. The game doesn't give a warning that you're continuing without loading a save or anything so I didn't realize. Carry on. (._. )

...Don't mind me. I'm stupid. I apparently accidentally hit cancel instead of confirm when loading the save. The game doesn't give a warning that you're continuing without loading a save or anything so I didn't realize. Carry on. (._. )

Now you've got me worried that I did the same.

Kensuke

There's one in the OP, isn't there? As for applying it, courtesy of SpaceDrake on twitter:

1) Create the [username]/Saved Games/FALCOM/ED6 folder.
2) Move the save files in question into this folder.
3) Start a New Game like normal. You will be prompted to choose a save.

Ah, should have checked the OP a little better. Thanks a lot!

Finalow

anyone has a link to a japanese guide where is simply listed the how to get max BP and the location of all the books?

Beat the Channel dungeon. I thought it was gonna throw me for a loop with multi-tier lever puzzles, but no, this was much simpler. It's still a step-up from the Rolent Sewers for a starter/refresh dungeon though. Fighting
Kurt
was simple too, but holy shit that boss music is awesome! Only burden was how long the lever transitions took (which might be where I got the idea of a red herring or more complex puzzles), as it was a fun start otherwise. Le Locle is cool, and I already know I'll be returning for the other dungeons if the story doesn't send me to 'em first.

As a little note and the world's tiniest "spoiler": if you want to get all the treasure from the Le Locle dungeons, get it all before the chapter's (obvious) endpoint. You don't return to Le Locle after the prologue chapter.

Prologue is excellent, though it's obviously buffering the meaty stuff until later in the game. The return home was sad. Kevin is hilarious and a real good 'ol boy, so that's something at least.

The return home is one of the neater and more human sequences I've seen in an RPG.
You've got Estelle who's willingly lying to herself about the situation until she just can't any more, and you've got Kevin who was just hitting on Estelle until he realized she really needed help and someone there for her. And you also have Cassius making the first truly bad emotional judgment of the game, and Estelle throwing how bad it is in his face - and then when they get home, they talk it out and are stronger for it.

Varion

Now you've got me worried that I did the same.
You'll find out pretty quickly, at least. When you're in the first dungeon area, check if you've got a Luck quartz. If you don't have one, you didn't carry over your complete save properly. It'll only take...5 mins to get back there skipping the text, at least.

Joey Ravn

Banned
So, it hasn't been released on PSN yet? I could get it on PC (since I have a copy of FC on both PC and Vita), but I know that I won't have enough time to complete it if I don't take it with me on the go...

Dio

Banned
Alt tabbing is really fucking with the game. I have to save every time I alt tab so I don't get a crash.

So, it hasn't been released on PSN yet? I could get it on PC (since I have a copy of FC on both PC and Vita), but I know that I won't have enough time to complete it if I don't take it with me on the go...

Not yet. The despair is real.

I can't even concentrate on anything else aside from refreshing the store.

So the only guide for this game in English isn't complete? :( ugh I really don't want to play much of this till a 100% guide is out for quests and missables

Alt tabbing is really fucking with the game. I have to save every time I alt tab so I don't get a crash.

if you plan on alt-tabbing a lot, play in borderless windowed fullscreen. It shouldn't really have any performance impact on a modern machine.

There is a third chapter...

Trails The 3rd is damn near an expansion pack (if one with a lot of worldbuilding that does some additional set-up for Cold Steel and Zero/Azure). The main plot wraps up conclusively in SC.

As for the PSN updates... can't help you guys. :( That's all on Sony. It absolutely should be out sometime today, though.

Sara

I personally find it most convenient to consider 3rd kind of a "dungeon-crawling spin-off" game that happens to have a lot of "backstory dumps" scattered throughout.

Eusis

Well, Tron Bonne was up by this time and it too was an off day release. I can see SCEA sleeping at the wheel (and it does make me wonder why Thursday rather than Tuesday.)

Aeana

3rd is my favorite game in the series, but any unresolved threads from SC aren't resolved in it. It serves to fill out the back stories of all of the nonessential characters from the first two games. And do a little bit of setup for later along the way.

Well got my first crash. Just after arriving in Rolent in the prologue.

Where do I send the crash dump file for XSeed to check?

btw I am already liking Kevin

Hikami

Played for about 2 hours, love it. Glad to be back in this world.
Think I'll go and finish Zestiria first after all though and then come back to this.

I just wish someone would come out and tell us when it is going to be put up on the store. All of this waiting and constant refreshing is killing me.

I just wish someone would come out and tell us when it is going to be put up on the store. All of this waiting and constant refreshing is killing me.

Sadly SCEA can't keep to a consistent release time, let alone announcing specific times in advance. Be happy they're putting it up today instead of making it wait to Tuesday with the normal store update.

Aeana

Well got my first crash. Just after arriving in Rolent in the prologue.

Where do I send the crash dump file for XSeed to check?

btw I am already liking Kevin

Kevin is amazing and is one of the many reasons why 3rd is my favorite game (he is the main character of that game).

Dio

Banned
One more thing: is it just me, or have every single chest had the exact same line inside it? For some reason I was expecting unique lines because of FC.

Sara

One more thing: is it just me, or have every single chest had the exact same line inside it? For some reason I was expecting unique lines because of FC.

Unique chest phrases won't exist in the PSP version period, unfortunately, but we're working on getting them patched in on PC, so you can expect to see them in the very near future.

Kevin is amazing and is one of the many reasons why 3rd is my favorite game (he is the main character of that game).

Hopefully you like English Kevin. He was a challenge at some points (when someone's "accent" is comedy, that's always a challenge), but I did keep hearing from others that he turned out especially well.

Dio

Banned
Unique chest phrases won't exist in the PSP version period, unfortunately, but we're working on getting them patched in on PC, so you can expect to see them in the very near future.

Thank you, Sara. I appreciate how much damn work you've put into this stuff, seriously. It really must have been even more of a nightmare than the blogs paint.

Sara

Thank you, Sara. I appreciate how much damn work you've put into this stuff, seriously. It really must have been even more of a nightmare than the blogs paint.

I've actually written a blog myself, too, but it hasn't quite been approved for posting yet!

Dio

Banned
I've actually written a blog myself, too, but it hasn't quite been approved for posting yet!
And I'm looking forward to reading it. Having worked on the art side of things myself and together with game programmers wrestling with making a shitty, broken version of PhyreEngine create a title that has tons of permissions problems running off of a network workable on a PS4, I am very aware of just how much of a pain in the ass this kind of stuff can be.

Diablos54

Noooooooo! :(

Ahh well, the sacrifice had to be made I guess!

CrazyDude

Sadly SCEA can't keep to a consistent release time, let alone announcing specific times in advance. Be happy they're putting it up today instead of making it wait to Tuesday with the normal store update.

Are they? It's getting to the point where I really don't think they will update today.

Top Bottom