• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC |OT| More Olivier Than Ever

Stupid question:

Apparently I still have my save data from FC. Where will I find the item?
If you've loaded your FC clear file, during the prologue, Kurt will given you some items. (What you get depends on your Bracer Points.)

You can't miss it, it's a scripted event.

Thanks, talking to him now.

Got 3 items

What's the 4th item?

The luck quartz I believe which is the best item he gives you.

Also its not just there is you do side quest for characters in both fc and sc you get bonus items from them as well for helping them both times.

Nyoro SF

If you love seeing the school setting in Japanese media then you must be on an endless nonstop joyland splurge of content. It's pretty much the safest and easiest way to write a story and characters while appealing to the largest userbase. Hence why it tends to lend itself to complete garbage-tier writing and character design.

But I digress.... behold, what happens when you kill six shining poms successfully in one battle.

(Final chapter area background and char spoiler)
http://i.imgur.com/74lNNkb.jpg

I'm pretty sure I won't have to level up for the rest of the game after this. lol

Gu4n

I think it's more like if ToCS 2 concludes the story at least, similar to TitS SC.

AFAIK regarding ToCS
it's FC all over again, abrupt ending.
How do I put it.
The ending of Cold Steel II will leave you in awe as badly as Cold Steel I.

I think SC and The 3rd are the two games that most properly wrap up their stories.

Thanks, talking to him now.

Got 3 items

What's the 4th item?
No problem. :)

And as BassForever has already pointed out, besides the Fortune/Luck Quartz (the 4th item), there will be some more bonuses throughout the game for importing your save. I don't know if a specific list exists though.

scarlet

The luck quartz I believe which is the best item he gives you.

Also its not just there is you do side quest for characters in both fc and sc you get bonus items from them as well for helping them both times.

No problem. :)

And as BassForever has already pointed out, besides the Fortune/Luck Quartz (the 4th item), there will be some more bonuses throughout the game for importing your save. I don't know if a specific list exists though.

Should I use the save data from 1st page? My Estelle is starting at level 37.

I don't remember a lot of thing from this game

Should I use the save data from 1st page? My Estelle is starting at level 37.

I don't remember a lot of thing from this game

No reason not to, if you care about 100% in this game the luck quartz is almost mandatory for an annoying quest in chapter 1, and even if you don't some of them items gained for helping someone in both gamea are really good.

No reason not to, if you care about 100% in this game the luck quartz is almost mandatory for an annoying quest in chapter 1, and even if you don't some of them items gained for helping someone in both gamea are really good.

It's not almost mandatory, it's a mere 30% difference for one character. The annoyance in that quest doesn't come from the drop rate anyway, just from knowing what items you need and from where.

It's not almost mandatory, it's a mere 30% difference for one character. The annoyance in that quest doesn't come from the drop rate anyway, just from knowing what items you need and from where.

All I know is having to grind one of the monsters in the tower for the final item even with feeding all kills to my luck user took far longer then it should have >:|

Wait the 30% is only for the character that wears it? I always assumed it's a global effect.

flowsnake

Didn't pay attention to specific items for that quest, just fought plenty of monsters around the region and got even the extended version of the quest done. Maybe I just got lucky.

duckroll

I didn't do any grinding at all, and I have no luck quartz, and I completed that quest without any problems. I looked at the list required from a FAQ and I already had almost all the items on it. Lol.

Anyway I cleared up the remaining Rolent quests from the start of chapter 5 and finally moved on to Bose. Some of those quests were -great- but.... ......... ........... the end of the mine commission letter one..... my god. The battle was so goddamn infuriating. Enemies with tons of HP? That's fine. Enemies with tons of HP who can drain HP and recover on their turns? That's fair. Enemies with tons of HP who can drain HP and recover on their turns, while also having a chance of calling allies which is the SAME TYPE OF MONSTER? Fuck. That. Shit. Probably the longest battle I've fought in the entire game so far.

Maybe I just had rancid luck, I never fun and fight most things and I had to go out of my way to get the last item for that quest which was of course in the tower :|

Then again I have bizzaro luck problems in rpgs, like I'll get stupid rare drops easily, will never get very common drops, and when a labyrinth type dungeon appears despite my desire to get all chest I'll somehow always pick the path that leads directly to the boss and have to back track the whole dungeon to get every chest I missed -.-

flowsnake

I didn't do any grinding at all, and I have no luck quartz, and I completed that quest without any problems. I looked at the list required from a FAQ and I already had almost all the items on it. Lol.

Anyway I cleared up the remaining Rolent quests from the start of chapter 5 and finally moved on to Bose. Some of those quests were -great- but.... ......... ........... the end of the mine commission letter one..... my god. The battle was so goddamn infuriating. Enemies with tons of HP? That's fine. Enemies with tons of HP who can drain HP and recover on their turns? That's fair. Enemies with tons of HP who can drain HP and recover on their turns, while also having a chance of calling allies which is the SAME TYPE OF MONSTER? Fuck. That. Shit. Probably the longest battle I've fought in the entire game so far.

Strange, I didn't find it that bad. Must have taken them out quickly enough to not get stuck in the horrible loop that can happen when enemies drain more health than I can do in one turn, which happened with one of the monster hunt sidequests in that chapter.

duckroll

Strange, I didn't find it that bad. Must have taken them out quickly enough to not get stuck in the horrible loop that can happen when enemies drain more health than I can do in one turn, which happened with one of the monster hunt sidequests in that chapter.

The draining was fine. I was doing more than enough damage. It was the allies summoning loop which really fucked it up. I guess it's possible to get lucky and they might not use that before you beat the first 3, but in my case before I killed any of them, a 4th was summoned, then I beat 2 of them, and another was summoned, putting it back to 3, and then I beat one and another was summoned, etc. It gets really unbearable especially after the initial EP and CP stock for the party is depleted.

BAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH.

28b8e6c74e3f7544d2174e453a10761a2e8fce25.620.350.24.27.482.272.jpg

max_505

I was so unlucky during that battle. The... thing... kept calling allies just when I was about to win. I think I spent more than 30mins there.

Chapter 7: Oh Aidios
Carnelia tower
is so confusing. Took a break for one day and I forgot the layout. I should remind myself to beat the last dungeon in one sitting so this doesn't happen again.

Yeah my first time with that battle I had such back luck that after knocking out 3 of them, the rest summoned more one after the other so I was at one point fighting a 8 on 1 battle, with super HP Absorb being used almost non stop. I lost that one, as I simply couldn't get less than 5 of them at a time, and more often had 6 or 7.

I lost that fight. The next time around though, beat them fast and only had 1 backup called. It's random as fuck.

DPB

Ugh, I just heard that I missed a quest at the end of Chapter 5, and I missed the maximum bonus BP for Chapter 6.
It never occurred to me to go back to Ravennue Mine, there was no reason to do so and no one in the village even hinted that there were problems there.

Also, I managed to stay alive fighting Gilbert, which based on the achievement description I though that would be enough to get the bonus BP, but you have to defeat all the soldiers in a hidden time limit.

I think I'll just live with it, I've got an old save but I don't really want to go back 10 hours just to get perfect BP.

Ugh, I just heard that I missed a quest at the end of Chapter 5, and I missed the maximum bonus BP for Chapter 6.
It never occurred to me to go back to Ravennue Mine, there was no reason to do so and no one in the village even hinted that there were problems there.

Also, I managed to stay alive fighting Gilbert, which based on the achievement description I though that would be enough to get the bonus BP, but you have to defeat all the soldiers in a hidden time limit.

I think I'll just live with it, I've got an old save but I don't really want to go back 10 hours just to get perfect BP.

The gilbert stuff isn't too hard if you attack with the meatballs that cause faint status. It makes the fight trivial.

finished my 2nd FC run. glad i played the game a second time after 4 years. i totally forgot about major plot points and how warm the storytelling is. i think my favorite part is the
kingfisher inn visit
. burn chapter 2
and the martial arts tournament. shit is too predictable.
. to re-experience that ending....

started SC a day later

already miss the standard battle theme.

Just put in a pre-order for Trails of Cold Steel on vita, now the question is whether or not I want to grab the PS3 version as well. Does anyone know how cross save works? Is it using the cloud like PS+, or is it a pain in the ass to deal with?

wrowa

Chapter 7 near the end:

Holy shit at that Renne fight! The game used to be a cakewalk most of the time - especially in chapter 7 - so it hit me by absolute surprise when I got completely steamrolled by her. Rennede literally killed half of my party right at the beginning of the battle - and I wasn't properly equipped to deal with all of that petrify bullshit either. Somehow I managed to kill all of the small monsters with Joshua being the only one still alive (with a meager 80 HP to boot). By some miracle Renne was too far away to attack him (or just spared his life), so that I was able to revive Kloe and then the rest of the party. It went relatively smoothly after the initial shock, but that initial shock, though. :lol

Beat the game last night. Man, it felt so good. I thoroughly enjoyed the game, some minor gripes sure, but the game was fantastic. I feel similarly to a few people that Chapter 2 is kind of the low point of the game, though I wasn't too big a fan of the Prologue either. I ended the game as a
B rank bracer, so I missed a bit, Does it go all the way up to S? I kind of thought the Liber Ark quests would award bracer points at the end, but I guess not

I didn't really like a lot of Estelle's dialogue. Part of that, I am sure, is because she talked a lot like one of my real life friends, like a lot. So any time she would say something, as I was reading it, it was his voice I heard. And that was pretty jarring for me.

I eagerly await Cold Steel. I know that SC will sell well over time, it is a fantastic game. It still makes me worry about TC, Zero, and AO. I need to play them, but I guess I just need to finish learning Japanese.

BAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH.
I take it you reached Sheep Level 600%?

I was so unlucky during that battle. The... thing... kept calling allies just when I was about to win. I think I spent more than 30mins there.

Chapter 7: Oh Aidios
Carnelia tower
is so confusing. Took a break for one day and I forgot the layout. I should remind myself to beat the last dungeon in one sitting so this doesn't happen again.
Mouki fight in Chapter 4 wasn't bad for me, but I immediately saw the potential for badness and went crazy with S-Crafts and buffing.
Blueblanc
doesn't screw around with his mooks.

And are you referring to
Amberl Tower
in Chapter 7? That one circuits around in a peculiar way, but the key is use your compass, always. Not having a map isn't an issue so long as you know your landmarks and direction vs. the north-facing point of each floor.

duckroll

Damn, chapter 5 has shit -happening-. Lol. Unfortunately, encountered a few more bugs on the PC version:

- When I was fishing in at the Kingfisher Inn, every time I caught a Rainbow Trout the Sepith message window would blink away instead of displaying properly. Seems like some sort of display scroll bug missing a pause.

- After I beat the 3 initial monster targets in the chapter, during the big event cutscene that happens after that,
when the dragon breathed fire into (?) the screen, it was just a huge mess of pixels. It looked like there was a missing transparency effect or something. Really jarring.

Also, I can confirm that Heaven's Eye is STILL bugged and does not display enemy locations on the minimap. This is actually getting pretty annoying at this point because I no longer have Eagle Eye equipped on any character since it's useless. Grrrrr.

Sitrus

Just put in a pre-order for Trails of Cold Steel on vita, now the question is whether or not I want to grab the PS3 version as well. Does anyone know how cross save works? Is it using the cloud like PS+, or is it a pain in the ass to deal with?

Works in-game like FFX, SAO Lost Song, Dragon's Crown.

So, um, the end of chapter 6.

How fast do you need to defeat Gilbert and the other Jaegers to get the bonus BP?

I want to say roughly 10 of your turns, but it's tough to say cause there's like 5 people who can act pretty quick, sometimes twice before you go depending on how it plays out.

the end of the mine commission letter one..... my god. The battle was so goddamn infuriating. Enemies with tons of HP? That's fine. Enemies with tons of HP who can drain HP and recover on their turns? That's fair. Enemies with tons of HP who can drain HP and recover on their turns, while also having a chance of calling allies which is the SAME TYPE OF MONSTER? Fuck. That. Shit. Probably the longest battle I've fought in the entire game so far.

That was the least fun battle I've had. Killed one, two of them call allies. Sometimes they call allies right off the bat. And they use super recover when HP is low. Terrible, evil stuff. There were plenty of times I just pressed alt+f4 because I couldn't be bothered to play out a near instant disadvantage that comes out of nowhere.

Oh man.. That battle was horrible. I beat them with shear luck.

Nyoro SF

I don't recall the mine battle being that hard. Maybe I just got very lucky? I don't think he spawned more than one dude.
Maybe it's because I used Clock Down on him?
But my memory is really fuzzy.

I hope to get home and finish the game today.

Spoiler: Kiseki never closes plot points properly.

What makes it so good and so bad to play.

If you love seeing the school setting in Japanese media then you must be on an endless nonstop joyland splurge of . It's pretty much the safest and easiest way to write a story and characters while appealing to the largest userbase. Hence why it tends to lend itself to complete garbage-tier writing and character design.

But I digress.... behold, what happens when you kill six shining poms successfully in one battle.

(Final chapter area background and char spoiler)
http://i.imgur.com/74lNNkb.jpg

I'm pretty sure I won't have to level up for the rest of the game after this. lol

Pretty much. Despite its bald space marine-ubiquitousness, I'm still ok with a well-written one that plays loose with conventions and holds nothing sacred (as I lack any high school sentimentality vs college like who this is aimed at) and CS1 from feedback seems to pass muster on that. Good thing.

Jesus, I started this game on hard since FC was pretty simpel but I'm getting destroyed. I was able to beat 2 of those
Jaeger
bosses in the prologue with some retries and luck but the 3th one with the spear seems impossible. I hardly do any damage end need to heal after every attack, which heals less then the damage he does o_O
Please tell me there's a trick to this fight because I don't want to restart on normal after all this bullshit.

I want to say roughly 10 of your turns, but it's tough to say cause there's like 5 people who can act pretty quick, sometimes twice before you go depending on how it plays out.

Ugh. I could have sworn I did it faster than that when I tried, but I guess not. I have a save from that point, so I'll just need to do it again, I suppose.

Marow

I'm on Chapter 7 now and... (early spoilers)
the broken data records in the first tower are creeping me out. Like, a lot. Reading through them and being able to piece together so many words it freaks me out, but not enough for full context. I'm preparing to have my mind blown in similar fashion to how I reacted when Ys: Ark of Napishtim tied together the whole series in an amazing way. I don't know what to expect. It scares me. The implications are there, just haunting me.

The data crystals mainly refer to the Aureole, and not the other six artifacts of the Sept-Terrion. I wouldn't say what's described in them is as sweeping as in Ark of Napishtim, but you can read the analyzed crystals via the Capel in a later chapter and learn why and how the Aureole was sealed away

max_505

I take it you reached Sheep Level 600%?

Mouki fight in Chapter 4 wasn't bad for me, but I immediately saw the potential for badness and went crazy with S-Crafts and buffing.
Blueblanc
doesn't screw around with his mooks.

And are you referring to
Amberl Tower
in Chapter 7? That one circuits around in a peculiar way, but the key is use your compass, always. Not having a map isn't an issue so long as you know your landmarks and direction vs. the north-facing point of each floor.

No, I was referring to
Carnelia tower
, but I finally finished it last night after wandering aimlessly, whew. I normally use the compass but after taking a break from the game, I forgot where the landmarks were, which rendered it useless. It's funny that Estelle noticed how linear the other
tower
was and was hoping it be the same for the next. LOL'd there and agreed wholeheartedly.

Just finished chapter 7. Oh hoh, I love how
chaotic things are now. Makes you feel that it's near the endgame already.
This is gonna be epic.

Ugh. I could have sworn I did it faster than that when I tried, but I guess not. I have a save from that point, so I'll just need to do it again, I suppose.

Did you actually beat all of them up and end the fight that way? They really just act like you didn't win anyways in the end but if the fight doesn't cut out before they all go down then you're still good.

Top Bottom