• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC |OT| More Olivier Than Ever

I'm about to hit the 60 hour mark and I'm in the middle of chapter 8 lol though I will admit I probably have to cut 2-3 hours from that time due to idling and restarting the game on normal from hard.

jman2050

Finished the game, 97 hours according to Steam, top tier JRPG would play again.

You all are a bunch of liars though, you said I'd be content! I just beat the game and now all I'm thinking about is that I want Third Chapter pronto.
Renne better come back as a playable character or else.

I find it funny that even after two games and 90+ levels worth of experience that your primary crutch in the endgame is still "spam Earth Wall". Also Kloe stacked with ATS equipment is a demigod, she accounted for probably 80% of all the damage I inflicted against all the chapter 9 bosses/encounters, even including Estelle and Joshua's utterly broken final S-Crafts.

Lots of great musical tracks this time around, especially for the battle themes. Enormous Fight in particular is already one of my favorite boss themes now.

Might end up replaying it in NG+ on normal just to do a 100% bracer book and get all the Gambler Jacks, although not right away. Cold Steel is right around the corner, might hold off on that one for a bit depending on how soon it comes.

zakujanai

You know what the worst thing about not getting full BP was? That scene at the end of chapter 8/start of 9 where
Estelle is facing off against the Empire's forces and announces herself as a B rank bracer. Should've been A, she deserved it. It will be next time though. Also, I wonder what the minimum rank you could be is? Would they be less respectful to you? Can't bring myself to do a minimum BP run just to find out.

You know what the worst thing about not getting full BP was? That scene at the end of chapter 8/start of 9 where
Estelle is facing off against the Empire's forces and announces herself as a B rank bracer. Should've been A, she deserved it. It will be next time though. Also, I wonder what the minimum rank you could be is? Would they be less respectful to you? Can't bring myself to do a minimum BP run just to find out.

I actually think
that rank is more appropriate though, since A rank means she outranked Schera and Agate within one year.

~PEELING BACK THE CURTAIN~:
The absolute minimum rank possible is E - doing just main quests will get you that high, and there is no data in the files for a reaction under E rank. In fact, it might limit speedrun possibilities - I suspect the game would get extremely confused if an F or G rank Estelle confronted the Erebonians. Olivert has some rather biting comments for a low-rank Estelle, though Estelle does try to get a riposte in at E.

Question for Space Drake or anyone who's played the rest of the games in the series

What is Estelle's canon rank? Is A rank considered canon in the later games?

Question for Space Drake or anyone who's played the rest of the games in the series

Hmm... hover at your own risk.

In Trails of Zero/Zero no Kiseki, Joshua/Estelle are both B-rank bracers.

Dio

Banned
AND THERE WE GO! Finished!

What a perfect way to end the duology. I really love the hook from seeing the Kevin/Weissman scene, I really want to see what happens in 3rd now.

Jesus Black Bars, the Thread: The Awakening!

Yeah anyone who stated that people would be "content" after beating SC are full of shit and I demand that we see an announcement for the localization of the Third.

Within the next 5 years

Dio

Banned
Jesus Black Bars, the Thread: The Awakening!

Yeah anyone who stated that people would be "content" after beating SC are full of shit and I demand that we see an announcement for the localization of the Third.

Within the next 5 years

I said this myself and to be honest, I still think people would be more content with just beating SC.

The 3rd opens up into every single game after it and introduces enough story threads that it's fair to say by comparison FC/SC are a nice little self-contained duology when put next to that.

I said this myself and to be honest, I still think people would be more content with just beating SC.

The 3rd opens up into every single game after it and introduces enough story threads that it's fair to say by comparison FC/SC are a nice little self-contained duology when put next to that.

I get that, but after finishing SC all I can think of is "I need to play the 3rd".

Dio

Banned
I get that, but after finishing SC all I can think of is "I need to play the 3rd".

Don't watch this youtube video I placed into my post unless you want to get really excited about 3rd:

Opening/spoilers for the end of SC:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLQIHGprrbY

On the bright side: it's only 1 million characters as opposed to SC's 2.5 million, meaning that if it does get TLed it'll take less time than Trails of Cold Steel to get done (which is going a hell of a lot faster and should be out by December.)

Bladenic

Is the nun a good character?

Anyway, finished Chapter 4, 35 hours. Geez this game is long as hell. Think FC took me about 43 hours? Something like that. No more than 50 that's for sure. Meanwhile is chapter 5 even the halfway mark in terms of content? I haven't left the area yet, have some sidequests to finish up first.

Is the nun a good character?

Riese (Ries? Riess? Liese?) is definitely fun and makes for a good foil to Kevin.

As I recall, it's actually a little confused. In Zero they seem to be C or B, though I don't remember offhand if it's stated outright (I'm playing through Zero off and on with help from Robin, so hopefully I'll get reminded) but I believe it's pointed out that they do qualify for S-ranking - Estelle in particular took the lead on solving a "national-scale crisis" and giving Ouroboros an honest bloody nose, the former of which is the big criterion for becoming S. It hasn't happened because despite being an informal thing there's a lot of debate and a bit of politicking that goes into anyone getting that designation at all and the fact that E&J are still teenagers makes it contentious.

But yeah, they are definitely upper-echelon in Zero and are treated with a lot of respect. Everyone knows that they've tangled with the worst Ouroboros can throw at them and lived.

Also, in case it isn't obvious: the "bring the right character" versions of the final Enforcer events are canon, even in 3rd.

Marow

Is it still too early to clarify this, SpaceDrake, https://twitter.com/SpaceDrakeCF/status/662348411149025280 ? I'm super curious. I could think of one or two scenes, but none gave me as strong feelings as they seemed to give you.

Don't watch this youtube video I placed into my post unless you want to get really excited about 3rd:

WHY DID I WATCH THAT AAAAAAAHHHHHH

Now I want to play 3rd ;_;

Is it still too early to clarify this, SpaceDrake, https://twitter.com/SpaceDrakeCF/status/662348411149025280 ? I'm super curious. I could think of one or two scenes, but none gave me as strong feelings as they seemed to give you.

We're pretty well in, so I could talk about it - though not right now, if you don't mind.
emot-v.gif
Ultimately it's nothing major - it's a chapter 5 Bose sidequest, specifically. It didn't get "changed" in the version that went to print or even in my draft, and I think my people took my old tweets back when a little strongly, but I still think that one quest was handled a little oddly and specifically left out options that I think most English/American players would want, even if I understand what the scenario team intended narratively with that quest.

Riese (Ries? Riess? Liese?) is definitely fun and makes for a good foil to Kevin.
Does Kevin
behave significantly differently from how he is in SC?
I'm imagining that this
Rufina person that Loewe mentions would be a big point in 3rd, at least for Kevin since he's the protagonist.

As I recall, it's actually a little confused. In Zero they seem to be C or B, though I don't remember offhand if it's stated outright (I'm playing through Zero off and on with help from Robin, so hopefully I'll get reminded) but I believe it's pointed out that they do qualify for S-ranking - Estelle in particular took the lead on solving a "national-scale crisis" and giving Ouroboros an honest bloody nose, the former of which is the big criterion for becoming S. It hasn't happened because despite being an informal thing there's a lot of debate and a bit of politicking that goes into anyone getting that designation at all and the fact that E&J are still teenagers makes it contentious.

Are you not confusing that thing with the Wind Sword Saint?

Are you not confusing that thing with the Wind Sword Saint?

A certain Divine Blade of the Wind is up for consideration too, and that comes up at the start of the proper act 1 of Zero. But E&J are too, or at least I think so - if nothing else, they should be, because the scale of SC's crisis is exactly the sort of thing that mints S-ranks. Arios himself points out the event that got him the nod for S consideration was relatively low-scale!

Marow

We're pretty well in, so I could talk about it - though not right now, if you don't mind.
emot-v.gif
Ultimately it's nothing major - it's a chapter 5 Bose sidequest, specifically. It didn't get "changed" in the version that went to print or even in my draft, and I think my people took my old tweets back when a little strongly, but I still think that one quest was handled a little oddly and specifically left out options that I think most English/American players would want, even if I understand what the scenario team intended narratively with that quest.
Ah, seems like my first (unmentioned!) guess was correct then. I can see why it would trouble you and did make me raise my eyebrow, though I quickly came with terms that the game world doesn't represent our own. And don't worry, I didn't think you changed anything! I was just interested in hearing what made you react :>

A certain Divine Blade of the Wind is up for consideration too, and that comes up at the start of the proper act 1 of Zero. But E&J are too, or at least I think so - if nothing else, they should be, because the scale of SC's crisis is exactly the sort of thing that mints S-ranks. Arios himself points out the event that got him the nod for S consideration was relatively low-scale!

My Chinese/Japanese literacy is poor, and my memory of Zero is bad, but I seem to recall the
S-rank is honored in consideration of the ability to resolve national-scale conflict single-handedly? The other Bracers helped to end the Weissman conflict just as much as E&J did.

Enormous Fight in particular is already one of my favorite boss themes now.
This and the transitional orchestral themes (like Greatest Treasure Released) are underrated. Sonoda's other boss theme is lame, sadly, and you hear that more often early on than necessary.

I suspect the game would get extremely confused if an F or G rank Estelle confronted the Erebonians.
Heh, I'd lol @ the version of this sequence where
Anelace
takes Estelle's place.

My Chinese/Japanese literacy is poor, and my memory of Zero is bad, but I seem to recall the
S-rank is honored in consideration of the ability to resolve national-scale conflict single-handedly? The other Bracers helped to end the Weissman conflict just as much as E&J did.

Like I said, I might be wrong! This is part of the reason I'm goin' through Zero with Robin. That and it's a fun game, granted.
emot-v.gif

Like I said, I might be wrong! This is part of the reason I'm goin' through Zero with Robin. That and it's a fun game, granted.
emot-v.gif

Sure hope it gets localised. SSS is a great group, Crossbell is great and... er... I like Arc-en-Ciel.

And the ending of Zero [non-spoiler description, but spoiler-tagged anyway]
hit me right in DA FEELS. ;-;

Oh Adios, black bars in this thread I still cant click!

I do know people who talk the talk of wanting great narrative and JRPGs "like they used to be" hurry up and dive in to guarrenty a TC. The Thirst never dies!

On the bright side: it's only 1 million characters as opposed to SC's 2.5 million, meaning that if it does get TLed it'll take less time than Trails of Cold Steel to get done (which is going a hell of a lot faster and should be out by December.)

Man, that video really got me pumped up for the 3rd. I really, really hope that we can get to play this game in English.

Weird chapter 8 bug

Ridge initially appeared as a miner before turning into Ridge then turned back into a miner then back into Ridge

Urgh I'm upset with myself in chapter 8 for not bringing
Agate and Tita or Schera to the wedding, feel it could have lead to funny teasing

Edit
Kitty ending up with the bouqet, funny how some people may have totally missed that sub plot but having caught it I was really excited/happy

I made a save there. ;)

reaction were great.

I have a save in the middle of the
malga mine, not that the boss was exceptionally difficult but I'd rather not have to refight it to see a couple of scene variants

Edit: Looks like it's smooth sailing from here, got the final Gambler Jack book AND only need the last story mission for max bp... SC is going to be over soon ;-;

Agate and Tita or Schera to the wedding, feel it could have lead to funny teasing

Edit
Kitty ending up with the bouqet, funny how some people may have totally missed that sub plot but having caught it I was really excited/happy

Kitty catching the bouquet was a great moment. I really enjoyed that whole subplot. It's definitely one of my favorite running stories with the NPCs.

max_505

Edit

Damn, I totally missed that. Does the
wedding
happen after the
malga mine quest
?

And yeah,
RinonXKitty
!

EDIT: Hahaha Schera was way too game for that part!

Nyoro SF

If there's one thing I learned from completing SC... it's that the real threat to Liberl is not any evil organization, but

1) Karate sheep
2) Cactuses that can walk
3) Giant worms that haven't had their 8AM coffee

wrowa

If there's one thing I learned from completing SC... it's that the real threat to Liberl is not any evil organization, but

1) Karate sheep
2) Cactuses that can walk
3) Giant worms that haven't had their 8AM coffee

There is a disturbing lack of penguins in your list.

Edit

I completely missed that scene. When and where do you trigger it?

Top Bottom