• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel |OT| Class Warfare

Xeteh

Do battle stats remain when you die & retry? And do they carry on to the NG+? Just thinking about that "cancel 100 enemy arts" trophy. There's this good boss fight during which you can do tons of arts cancels but I only have, like, 18 cancels so far... Just wondering if I need to do my hardest to keep myself alive or if I can just die & retry if things get a bit tough or if the boss is near dying and I haven't gotten the trophy yet. Or if I can just say fuck it and try to do a bit better of a job canceling arts during my NG+ run with my 18+ cancels already counted for.

What about that 1000 battles won trophy? Does it have to happen during a single playthrough?

Yeah, they carry over in NG+ if you choose to do so. You basically get 5 points each time you go NG+ and can decide what carries over. If the boss you're talking about is the Chapter 6 boss you can just wait to do it in NG+ because you can "farm" cancels, rushes and bursts on him because its got so much armor physical attacks don't really hurt it.

As far as if stats carry over when you retry, I'm not entirely sure.

Bladenic

Do battle stats remain when you die & retry? And do they carry on to the NG+? Just thinking about that "cancel 100 enemy arts" trophy. There's this good boss fight during which you can do tons of arts cancels but I only have, like, 18 cancels so far... Just wondering if I need to do my hardest to keep myself alive or if I can just die & retry if things get a bit tough or if the boss is near dying and I haven't gotten the trophy yet. Or if I can just say fuck it and try to do a bit better of a job canceling arts during my NG+ run with my 18+ cancels already counted for.

What about that 1000 battles won trophy? Does it have to happen during a single playthrough?

The boss you're referring to can't touch you if you're cancelling his artes. He immediately starts up again as long as you cancel, meaning you're never in danger. Just load up everyone on Impede 2, and maybe equip some weaker weapons so you're not damaging him much. Trophy pops in battle if you reach 50 so there's no guessing involved either. Then just swap the reserves at full strength and kill him.

Battle count carries over too, 1000 in a single play would be pretty arduous.

They carry over to NG+ if you select them as an option. Keep in mind though that the battle stat trophies require for you to have the trophy requirement as a stat for you to get the trophy. You need your journal to say 100 artes canceled or 50/100 bursts/rushes for the trophy to pop up, there is no abusing that one boss to get a handful and then reloading the save to get more until you eventually get it (if you want that trophy, I would suggest getting it in one go off of him). Some of the trophies will require patience (skipping turns or equiping low level weapons) or grinding higher level enemies that stay alive for more than a hit or 2, you won't get some of them if you instantly end every battle.

Erheller

I was looking at Trails in the Sky: TC artwork, and [Cold Steel character]
it looks like Lechter makes an appearance there?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I was looking at Trails in the Sky: TC artwork, and [Cold Steel character]
it looks like Lechter makes an appearance there?
He does, and I think he plays a rather large role in the Crossbell games too (or seems like he obviously would, based on the dialogue in this game.) I feel like he was a cameo whose relevance was totally lost by playing Cold Steel before the other three games.

I'm at the final chapter, but the end of chapter 6 made me wonder about a few things (spoilers speculation from someone who hasn't finished the game yet, I'll probably get my answers soon enough) :
Seeing Sharon's abilities, the codename Claire mentions, and what she says about her other employer, she's totally an Ouroboros operative, isn't she? Which in turn begs the question why the RMP would even tolerate someone from Ouroboros.

At some point in Chapter 6, my wife and I decided Crow looks too unsuspicious to not be suspicious. We might be way off but he did disappear at a convenient time, he's proved he's very good at sleights of hand, and he's the guy no one ever wonders why he's not around because he must be slacking off somewhere. Going from there, we even wondered if he might not be C, although he'd be a bit young. The way we figure it, there has to be a reason C hides their face, and the only other candidates would be Rufus or Misty (we're eliminating Toval and Arseid as they're way too cool to be traitors). I don't picture C being a prominent member of the noble faction, as it would be way too obvious, and Misty's body type doesn't seem to match. We wondered about the cat, but I figure Emma's sorcery thing is a completely different thing from whatever the liberation front is trying to accomplish.

I'm very curious to see how the mystical stuff, the liberation front, Osborne's RMP, and Ouroboros will play out. There's a ton of moving pieces, I'm certain they're all linked somehow, but I can't see how they're all linked. I suspect Ouroboros is nudging every side in the same general chaotic direction though, and they probably have some interest in old school magic.
(When in doubt, blame it on Ouroboros)

Eusis

Got started on the game, it admittedly is a large reason why I "rushed" (more like binged) SC, so I could get to this.

Huh, so Jusis is pronounced like (I would think) Eusis is pronounced afterall. Half expected that due to the katakana though.

Some of these lines are slaying me. Rean's Bonding with Emma where she helps him study in the Library killed me with "...Whoa whoa whoa, Rean! C'mon, get your head back in the right place...Right in between...NO!"

Nyoro SF

Game locked up on me during a chapter 6 boss fight on PS3. Tried to do a group followup to an attack and it froze on DASH. Luckily only lost 15 minutes or so, but seriously, this hardware struggles with that part of the game a lot.

Famassu

They do not remain when you retry, but do carryover if you make use of that option when starting NG+. Same goes for the 1000 victories.

Yeah, they carry over in NG+ if you choose to do so. You basically get 5 points each time you go NG+ and can decide what carries over. If the boss you're talking about is the Chapter 6 boss you can just wait to do it in NG+ because you can "farm" cancels, rushes and bursts on him because its got so much armor physical attacks don't really hurt it.

As far as if stats carry over when you retry, I'm not entirely sure.

The boss you're referring to can't touch you if you're cancelling his artes. He immediately starts up again as long as you cancel, meaning you're never in danger. Just load up everyone on Impede 2, and maybe equip some weaker weapons so you're not damaging him much. Trophy pops in battle if you reach 50 so there's no guessing involved either. Then just swap the reserves at full strength and kill him.

Battle count carries over too, 1000 in a single play would be pretty arduous.

They carry over to NG+ if you select them as an option. Keep in mind though that the battle stat trophies require for you to have the trophy requirement as a stat for you to get the trophy. You need your journal to say 100 artes canceled or 50/100 bursts/rushes for the trophy to pop up, there is no abusing that one boss to get a handful and then reloading the save to get more until you eventually get it (if you want that trophy, I would suggest getting it in one go off of him). Some of the trophies will require patience (skipping turns or equiping low level weapons) or grinding higher level enemies that stay alive for more than a hit or 2, you won't get some of them if you instantly end every battle.
Thanks people. :) Watched Spy Hard on Netflix while grinding cancels and ended up getting the trophy while I didn't even notice and continuing the battle for 20-30 minutes longer than I would have had to. :D

Got through Chapter 6's last boss somehow. Had to retry once. Had to spam S-crafts & use some of those items that recover 100 or 200CP to get a couple more S-crafts in there
(oh how I wished Laura was there to show how it's done, Rean with a similar Master & other quartz setup just doesn't compare ;___; )
, just to get rid of certain enemies. No one had faint protection so that sucked. At times 3 of my 4 characters had a 5-turn faint. -_-; On the second try I tried to cure faint ASAP in addition to getting rid of the enemies doing the fainting and that helped me, though the boss almost wiped me out with that supermove of his/hers. Probably would have but he had just hit one of my characters on the opposite side of the map so the move didn't reach him and he stayed alive and could heal one character & revive the two others after that more easily.

Also, lulz @ dat ending of Ch. 6. I literally laughed out loud at what happened, surprised as I was.
That airship went down so easily, lol. I doubt C is dead, though it'd be a nice twist if he/she was. For a franchise that is a bit too afraid to let people die (even villains), it'd be a nice change of pace if someone went down without coming back. Still, even as it is, it's actually quite refreshing for these games for the escaping villains to NOT get away (at least so easily). If there's one thing that kind of annoys me in these Trails games it's how easily bad guys always just get away. Attack an impenetrable fortress? Just fly in on two airships and out on one. Get your ass kicked by people who are said to be some of the strongest people around? No matter, just stand up and run away. Get caught red-handed? Just use some inexplicable magic that no one else but these villains can use to teleport away in an instant, no questions asked.

I'm not sure how much still happens in the epilogue chapter, but I'm a bit let down if this was mostly it Cold Steel 1's self-contained (?) storyline (apart from some SHOCKING TWISTS & CLIFFHANGERS (tm) happening at the last minute, from what I can tell from some of the reactions here...). Still felt kinda small scale. I'd had hoped things would escalate even more than they did. Though, again, I haven't played the epilogue yet, so maybe there's still something there that'll make this reach or even exceed TitS FC.

Xeteh

I'm at the final chapter, but the end of chapter 6 made me wonder about a few things (spoilers speculation from someone who hasn't finished the game yet, I'll probably get my answers soon enough) :
Seeing Sharon's abilities, the codename Claire mentions, and what she says about her other employer, she's totally an Ouroboros operative, isn't she? Which in turn begs the question why the RMP would even tolerate someone from Ouroboros.

At some point in Chapter 6, my wife and I decided Crow looks too unsuspicious to not be suspicious. We might be way off but he did disappear at a convenient time, he's proved he's very good at sleights of hand, and he's the guy no one ever wonders why he's not around because he must be slacking off somewhere. Going from there, we even wondered if he might not be C, although he'd be a bit young. The way we figure it, there has to be a reason C hides their face, and the only other candidates would be Rufus or Misty (we're eliminating Toval and Arseid as they're way too cool to be traitors). I don't picture C being a prominent member of the noble faction, as it would be way too obvious, and Misty's body type doesn't seem to match. We wondered about the cat, but I figure Emma's sorcery thing is a completely different thing from whatever the liberation front is trying to accomplish.

I'm very curious to see how the mystical stuff, the liberation front, Osborne's RMP, and Ouroboros will play out. There's a ton of moving pieces, I'm certain they're all linked somehow, but I can't see how they're all linked. I suspect Ouroboros is nudging every side in the same general chaotic direction though, and they probably have some interest in old school magic.

I like where you and your wife's minds are at. You definitely will get your answers and I've got no desire to spoil any of that for you.

I just finished Chapter 6 earlier, and I share some of these thoughts.
Sharon's codename totally sounds like an Ouroboros Enforcer. I hadn't really been expecting that direction (I was thinking more some government aligned secret agent or something), but now it seems like the path the game is hinting at.

I've been pretty sure on Crow being C for awhile. Aside from the name thing (all the others have the first letter from their name, too), the biggest tip off for me came when I was paying attention to the opening. There's totally a crow that flies up and then hangs around C. At the climax of Chapter 5 Crow is around, but you only hear C's voice. And then Crow having to run off during Chapter 6 and getting separated by a convenient cave in pretty much sealed the deal for me. I'm feeling pretty confident that he's C, with just a little bit of leeway since sometimes these stories like to throw your for another loop. I just can't figure out what his motives would be yet.

omgfloofy

Banned
Endgame Stuff regarding the discussion on THAT guy from the last page.

Not this Tuesday's Translation Tuesday, but the next two may actually help with some of those Osborne questions, as a note. Guan and I translated the big setup sidequest for Olivier and Osborne from 3rd for it, in all of its 60+ minute glory.

I say two because I'm splitting it into two to make my life less miserable.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Not this Tuesday's Translation Tuesday, but the next two may actually help with some of those Osborne questions, as a note. Guan and I translated the big setup sidequest for Olivier and Osborne from 3rd for it, in all of its 60+ minute glory.

I just want to reiterate how much I appreciate you two doing TT.

I'm warming up to the cast and plot a lot, but the way LoH games are structured still leaves me a lot to be desired sometimes. That's why every time I read some exclamation like TitS is the BEST JRPG OF THE DECADE (looking at you Schrier) I'm just kinda like "Well...it's good but...not really..."

I like these games a whole hell of a lot but they are not without their flaws (and some of them rather large for me too).

I always thought half the reason why its so long (3rd spoiler)
Kloe x Lechter scene
could've been reserved for another door.

I'm warming up to the cast and plot a lot, but the way LoH games are structured still leaves me a lot to be desired sometimes. That's why every time I read some exclamation like TitS is the BEST JRPG OF THE DECADE (looking at you Schrier) I'm just kinda like "Well...it's good but...not really..."

I like these games a whole hell of a lot but they are not without their flaws (and some of them rather large for me too).

this cast is pretty average so far. if i didn't know things will get better in the future i'd stop. i haven't been this bored with a jrpg story in a long time.

omgfloofy

Banned
I always thought half the reason why its so long (3rd spoiler)
Kloe x Lechter scene
could've been reserved for another door.

We actually are skipping that one because it's SO LONG. It would be a pain to capture, then all the work on translating it and so forth. One of the reasons that I'm using Raindrops' translation with some edits for Tuesday's column is because Guan was focused on translating the other for the next two parts.

It basically ate up some of our resources to do one that large.

I also intend to get to Bleublanc's door, but it's a matter of just... getting to it.

Nyoro SF

Just finished Chapter 6.
The bosses in this chapter had massive HP god damn. Even though I knew to spread out my attackers, and buffed attack whenever possible, it took ages. Made me miss Laura, a LOT.

I just finished Chapter 6 earlier, and I share some of these thoughts.
Sharon's codename totally sounds like an Ouroboros Enforcer. I hadn't really been expecting that direction (I was thinking more some government aligned secret agent or something), but now it seems like the path the game is hinting at.

I've been pretty sure on Crow being C for awhile. Aside from the name thing (all the others have the first letter from their name, too), the biggest tip off for me came when I was paying attention to the opening. There's totally a crow that flies up and then hangs around C. At the climax of Chapter 5 Crow is around, but you only hear C's voice. And then Crow having to run off during Chapter 6 and getting separated by a convenient cave in pretty much sealed the deal for me. I'm feeling pretty confident that he's C, with just a little bit of leeway since sometimes these stories like to throw your for another loop. I just can't figure out what his motives would be yet.

Interesting theory, and one I subscribe to. Though... how
would the organization operate since Crow is constantly on campus? Guess he can do it all remotely or something. I like this idea though because we know pretty much nothing about Crow. Not only that, but his white hair and red eyes speaks to him having a similar power/past to Rean's, which isn't something I can ignore.

Regarding Sharon.
Being an Ourobouros operative is not a surprise, but then I wonder how Claire knows about her and her accomplishments. And if she's from Ourobouros, why does Sara talk like she already knows her when they first talk? I am so confused right now. Though the way they described the weapon, they made it sound like Ourobouros made it for sure.

Also that cut content couldn't have been more obvious.
"Wish we could tell you about our adventures in Ymir, but it would take hours". Only so happens to be Rean's fucking BIRTHPLACE lol
. There's definitely going to be a lot of loose ends when this game is over, way too much stuff to tie up, looks like CS2's going to have its work cut out for it..

MYSTERIES OF TRAILS VOLUME 5: How did XSEED get a T Rating on this game when they showed Towa wearing that outfit. Was that really necessary Falcom? This is like if Nintendo showed me porn of Isabelle while playing Animal Crossing.

Jiraiza

MYSTERIES OF TRAILS VOLUME 5: How did XSEED get a T Rating on this game when they showed Towa wearing that outfit. Was that really necessary Falcom? This is like if Nintendo showed me porn of Isabelle while playing Animal Crossing.

Crow has his priorities straight, a true man.

(Post chapter 6 spoilers)

This isn't proof or motive but we noted two other things:
The first is that I wondered how he would manage to hide his combat proficiency from people with an eye for it, like Rean, Laura, Fie or Sara. Switching from swords to guns would be the exact thing to do.
The other thing is the obvious disappearing act at the end of Chapter 6. There's no way C was on that ship when it blew up, and they probably used that sniper rifle themselves to blow up this decoy, and orchestrate their apparent demise. That's really the same kind of trick as making the coin fall into your bag while you keep people's attention on your hands.
Also, Crow's S-Craft is ominous as hell, it doesn't look like a good guy's S-Craft.
I can't figure a motive, and I don't think the story has given us enough to figure one, so I assume his motive will be the most important part of the reveal if C is Crow.

Interesting theory, and one I subscribe to. Though... how
would the organization operate since Crow is constantly on campus? Guess he can do it all remotely or something. I like this idea though because we know pretty much nothing about Crow. Not only that, but his white hair and red eyes speaks to him having a similar power/past to Rean's, which isn't something I can ignore.
The first part could be explained away by
Crow not being always around or being sleepy because he's always out and about doing dumb things like betting on horse races. That would give him time to organize things. I also assume they have all the orbal communication equipment they need, as they're apparently backed by Ouroboros' Thirteen Workshops. If you take it the other way around, you could wonder why a terrorist organization would only strike when school is out.

And yeah, that ellipse annoyed me too. They must have be pressed for time, but it's hard not to think there's a chapter missing there.
Angelica leaving off-screen, dammit.

Alright! Now to join the ranks of people waiting for CSII!

Hell I'm even watching MasterLL's CSII Japanese playthrough and 75% of it isn't sinking in =_=

Xeteh

(Post chapter 6 spoilers)

This isn't proof or motive but we noted two other things:
The first is that I wondered how he would manage to hide his combat proficiency from people with an eye for it, like Rean, Laura, Fie or Sara. Switching from swords to guns would be the exact thing to do.
The other thing is the obvious disappearing act at the end of Chapter 6. There's no way C was on that ship when it blew up, and they probably used that sniper rifle themselves to blow up this decoy, and orchestrate their apparent demise. That's really the same kind of trick as making the coin fall into your bag while you keep people's attention on your hands.
Also, Crow's S-Craft is ominous as hell, it doesn't look like a good guy's S-Craft.
I can't figure a motive, and I don't think the story has given us enough to figure one, so I assume his motive will be the most important part of the reveal if C is Crow.

The first part could be explained away by
Crow not being always around or being sleepy because he's always out and about doing dumb things like betting on horse races. That would give him time to organize things. I also assume they have all the orbal communication equipment they need, as they're apparently backed by Ouroboros' Thirteen Workshops. If you take it the other way around, you could wonder why a terrorist organization would only strike when school is out.

And yeah, that ellipse annoyed me too. They must have be pressed for time, but it's hard not to think there's a chapter missing there.
Angelica leaving off-screen, dammit.

Don't read this until you beat the game please, I just want to reply to something you've said.

To your first point of how Crow might hide his combat prowess. C uses a bladed staff, Crow uses guns. It'd be really easy to hide how good you are with a melee weapon when you're using guns. A lot of your other ideas are on point though, good on it.

Famassu

Some speculation
I agree that Sharon's act got a bit more sinister tones with her talk with Claire. Previously she's just seemed like maybe she's a hired bodyguard (with a dark and/or tragic past, or just a past as a different person) for Alisa & her mother who just hides in plain sight with maybe some kind of a past that forces her to hide in such a role, but that scene really did make it seem like she's maybe an Enforcer or otherwise affiliated with Ouroboros. Though if Sharon is part of Ouroboros, why did their own archaisms attack those two? Did they just attack because Claire was there? And why was she spying on C in Nord Highlands if she's actually a part of Ouroboros and the terrorists are working with them?

As to why someone like Claire would be so ok with a possible member of Ouroboros, I have a suspicion that either Osborne is playing to the same corner Ouroboros is or at least for now the chaos that Ouroboros occasionally causes plays well into Osborne's plans, so he (and thus RMP people like Claire) will play along and let Ouroboros people have their fun. Sara seems to know Sharon beforehand as well but isn't immediately at her throat, so she doesn't seem to have any idea of Sharon's possible Ouroboros connections.

Not sure about C's identity. Of course the flash grenades were probably a decoy to let C escape somewhere that isn't the airship, that's kinda obvious now that I think about it, but I'm not sure if Crow is C. He arrived at the scene with other people, wasn't he running to where Rean & Co were fighting C at with those people while Rean & co were still fighting C?

I've got to say, I kind of hate Falcom with how they've handled all the social stuff in this game. I'm ok with having two playthroughs, but a lot of the decisions as to how many bonding points you get or how many of these festival tickets you have are kind of a big fuck you to gamers. Would it have KILLED them to give maybe 8 or 10 tickets? And having 3 bonding points for a day with 7 possible characters to bond with, so not even 2 playthroughs are enough to see everything in a way that counts (I know you can buy unlimited bonding points for NG+, but doesn't that come with the expense of not getting something else for the NG+ playthrough?) You'd still be limited in how you use them, but at least there'd be a bit more room to spend time with different characters (without constantly loading a save file) & earn link points. I mean, I've already spent almost 80 hours on my first playthrough. Even if I can skip some of the more mundane dialogue on a second one, it's still a looooong ass JRPG that isn't all that well suited for repeated playthroughs.

Also that cut content couldn't have been more obvious.
"Wish we could tell you about our adventures in Ymir, but it would take hours". Only so happens to be Rean's fucking BIRTHPLACE lol
. There's definitely going to be a lot of loose ends when this game is over, way too much stuff to tie up, looks like CS2's going to have its work cut out for it..

This part is covered in the Drama CD...which is Japanese only...

There is a site with a translated script for it though. http://eiyuutrans.blogspot.tw/2014/04/sen-no-kiseki-drama-cd.html

Nyoro SF

I've got to say, I kind of hate Falcom with how they've handled all the social stuff in this game. I'm ok with having two playthroughs, but a lot of the decisions as to how many bonding points you get or how many of these festival tickets you have are kind of a big fuck you to gamers. Would it have KILLED them to give maybe 8 or 10 tickets? And having 3 bonding points for a day with 7 possible characters to bond with, so not even 2 playthroughs are enough to see everything in a way that counts (I know you can buy unlimited bonding points for NG+, but doesn't that come with the expense of not getting something else for the NG+ playthrough?) You'd still be limited in how you use them, but at least there'd be a bit more room to spend time with different characters (without constantly loading a save file) & earn link points. I mean, I've already spent almost 80 hours on my first playthrough. Even if I can skip some of the more mundane dialogue on a second one, it's still a looooong ass JRPG that isn't all that well suited for repeated playthroughs.

100% agreed on this.

That's why the PC versions of these RPGs are the best. Tweak a few values here and there and suddenly you have the exact number of bonding points that lets you talk to everyone in one chapter. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Honestly, that chapter would probably be disliked somewhat here, given the
strong Elise focus, it being less epic in general, and stuff like shipper on deck and hotsprings~
Oh god. Seeing this, I'm so happy with what we got lol.

As to why someone like Claire would be so ok with a possible member of Ouroboros, I have a suspicion that either Osborne is playing to the same corner Ouroboros is or at least for now the chaos that Ouroboros occasionally causes plays well into Osborne's plans, so he (and thus RMP people like Claire) will play along and let Ouroboros people have their fun. Sara seems to know Sharon beforehand as well but isn't immediately at her throat, so she doesn't seem to have any idea of Sharon's possible Ouroboros connections.
(Chapter 6 and SC spoilers)
Honestly, I assume Ouroboros is playing every side against the middle, as no matter how things turn out they always end up profiting from the situation one way or another. My best guess as to their end goal is to gather each of the seven (?) Sept-Terrion relics, using every possible means and factions to further this goal.
As for specific allegiances, my takeaway from the end of SC was that Osborne had profited from both the Hamel and Aureole incidents, so he was allied with Ouroboros (knowingly or not). Still, I could see Ouroboros arming the other side too.
That Ouroboros weapons would be used against Sharon doesn't matter much IMO, because if she's an Enforcer or something like that, she's way too powerful for archaisms to be any kind of meaningful threat. I'm obviously going by the Enforcers we met in SC.

Speaking of Enforcers, I expected at least one of Scarlet, Vulcan or Gideon to be one, but they really went down like chumps. I guess C could still be one.

Yeah, reading up on this in preparation of that part, it seems unnecessarily opaque, and if you wanted to never reload a save but see all events, you'd have to do twelve playthroughs, which is ridiculous.
I like links as a combat mechanic, but I hope they do away with them in CS2. Plus, narratively, the harem aspect weakens the game.

Asd202

So I'm close to end just beat the the last boss in final chapter (I think) and I must say that the Vita version framerate is atrocious. I'm playing on PSTV and in some places the game is a slideshow. It's really annoying and took my enjoyment from the game. Is CS II any better when it comes to performance on the Vita? If not I may get my PS3 fixed for that one game maybe...

Should I jump into Nightmare after my first blind playthrough? I really want to Platinum this game but I don't know if jumping past hard is recommended.

Gu4n

So I'm close to end just beat the the last boss in final chapter (I think) and I must say that the Vita version framerate is atrocious. I'm playing on PSTV and in some places the game is a slideshow. It's really annoying and took my enjoyment from the game. Is CS II any better when it comes to performance on the Vita? If not I may get my PS3 fixed for that one game maybe...
Are you referring to the
Military School Festival
? Because, yes, that's completely atrocious and headache inducing. Cold Steel II never gets that bad during gameplay, but once endgame stuff escalates, there is one scene where you can almost count the frames. Want me to check how it holds up in the PS3 version?

Should I jump into Nightmare after my first blind playthrough? I really want to Platinum this game but I don't know if jumping past hard is recommended.
If you carry over your level (75-80 I assume?), you should have a breeze for the most part of NG+.

Asd202

Are you referring to the
Military School Festival
? Because, yes, that's completely atrocious and headache inducing. Cold Steel II never gets that bad during gameplay, but once endgame stuff escalates, there is one scene where you can almost count the frames. Want me to check how it holds up in the PS3 version?

Not only that the game chugs when there's more than 5 characters on screen constantly, sometimes in battles or in
Heimdallr or Ruer.
But yeah
the festival
is by far the worst. Overall I watched some let's plays videos and PS3 version is performing much better in comparison.

Are you referring to the
Military School Festival

If you carry over your level (75-80 I assume?), you should have a breeze for the most part of NG+.

I was low 60s when I beat CS1 o_O outside of the "real" final boss nothing was remotely difficult at that level. I also fought everything and never ran how did you hit 75ish on a clean run?

Gu4n

I was low 60s when I beat CS1 o_O outside of the "real" final boss nothing was remotely difficult at that level. I also fought everything and never ran how did you hit 75ish on a clean run?
I don't remember -- since it's asked so often, I know Cold Steel's bonuses for your endgame level range below 70, 70-80 and higher than 80, so I figured 75 would be a decent average. I usually make sure areas are free of monsters before I move on, so I was probably on the higher side.

I don't remember -- since it's asked so often, I know Cold Steel's bonuses for your endgame level range below 70, 70-80 and higher than 80, so I figured 75 would be a decent average. I usually make sure areas are free of monsters before I move on, so I was probably on the higher side.

I did that and I'm still only 68-69 >_>

bomblord1

Banned
I believe so but you basically have to use every free event bonding you can with her and use 2-3 tickets during the festival. Probably best to save for a second playthrough

I will try that thanks

I chose to bring those over does that count for her as well?

Is it possible to skip scenes in new game +?

Gu4n

I will try that thanks

I chose to bring those over does that count for her as well?

Is it possible to skip scenes in new game +?
Yes, that counts for her as well. It's not possible to skip scenes in NG+, but it you hold the O button scenes fly by really fast.

epmode

About to start the Chapter 6 trip. I assumed that the relative ease of Steel's localization was due to it being a shorter game than Trails SC but this is honestly taking me longer.

Why was SC's script so much longer? Is it because SC often gives you a choice of companions while Steel generally forces a specific party?

Asd202

About to start the Chapter 6 trip. I assumed that the relative ease of Steel's localization was due to it being a shorter game than Trails SC but this is honestly taking me longer. Why was SC's script so much longer? Is it because SC often gives you a choice of companions while Steel generally forces a specific party?

Well SC had more NPCs I think and also no voice acting so you could just go through lines faster. Then there are longer loading times in CS.

Top Bottom