• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

That Weapon Connoisseur side quest...for some reason I can't find a basic ass Moblin Club. They either have Boko Bats or some other variant of the clubs (spiked etc). D<

Dude, I encountered the same thing - now, around 200 hours into this game, I killed a Moblin around the Gerudo tower, the one with Kass on top - and lo and behold! The Moblin drops a weapon, and it's the first one with "???" I have seen in a hundred hours - a vanilla ass Moblin club!

I wonder how much of a liberty the translators for each language took because
on the spanish dub she asks links if he can hear the sword like the chosen hero is suposed to, then in the last memory she is the one talking to the sword.

I dont think is quite the same question in the english dub.

She says
she can't hear the sword and that maybe her powers died down a bit, but she's fine with that. She then smiles and it's just a beautiful end all around.

When you really think about it, you see Zelda going through the hero's journey much more than Link. He's really there to assist her.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
She says
she can't hear the sword and that maybe her powers died down a bit, but she's fine with that. She then smiles and it's just a beautiful end all around.

When you really think about it, you see Zelda going through the hero's journey much more than Link. He's really there to assist her.
Thats because Link was already a badass when introduced in the flashback, it's all about Zelda's lack in this story. A true Legend of Zelda if you will.

Thats because Link was already a badass when introduced in the flashback, it's all about Zelda's lack in this story. A true Legend of Zelda if you will.

That's why I think it's so awesome when she overcomes everything and defeat Ganon. When she smiles at the end, it's not a smile to thank you for being the shit, it's a smile of relief for being able to succeed. Seriously this game is fucking incredible.

jnWake

Satori Mountain question:
So, for quite a while I've seen a bright green light coming from the top of a mountain and I marked it on my map. Eventually I reached that place but it wasn't glowing anymore. Is it temporal or activated somehow? I'm curious what was there...

Satori Mountain question:
So, for quite a while I've seen a bright green light coming from the top of a mountain and I marked it on my map. Eventually I reached that place but it wasn't glowing anymore. Is it temporal or activated somehow? I'm curious what was there...

Not an answer to your question, but I'm not sure if you know what is there so I won't give too many details, I'll just say one thing: I didn't know what was there and I just shot arrows at something I hadn't seen before. And then I felt like the world's biggest asshole. Just don't do that.

Whoa, respect. I've been using it a lot, and now I feel bad about it :p
I actually am not 100% certain on the shrine sensor part. Its been awhile, but from what I can recall, I never used it and either had it off from the start (if possible) or turned it off as soon as I realized I had it on. And if I did have it on very briefly, I can't say I ever paid attention to it nor can remember what it sounded like.

I hate to keep harping on it but the constant rhythm-breaking, pace-killing, fun-vanquishing rain really is taking this game from a 9 to a 7.5 for me.

Moments of brilliance in between torrents of frustration and disappointment.

It's happening all the time now. I feel like I rarely get a two hour in-game chunk but I'm not being rained on and prevented from doing anything actually fun. The forecast will be nothing but blue skies and then I'll take two steps forward to reach the cliff in front of me and suddenly I'm technically in a new biome and it's thunderstorms for the next six hours.

So the challenge the game presented to me, sold me on, got me excited for is forcefully and instantaneously torn from my hands. "Sorry you discovered something you wanted to do! Maybe place a map marker and come back later?"

The weapon system? Brilliant. Can't believe people complained as much about it. The rain? Literally game-ruining for me.

I hate to keep harping on it but the constant rhythm-breaking, pace-killing, fun-vanquishing rain really is taking this game from a 9 to a 7.5 for me.

It's happening all the time now. I feel like I rarely get a two hour in-game chunk but I'm not being rained on and prevented from doing anything actually fun. The forecast will be nothing but blue skies and then I'll take two steps forward to reach the cliff in front of me and suddenly I'm technically in a new biome and it's thunderstorms for the next six hours.

So the challenge the game presented to me, sold me on, got me excited for is forcefully and instantaneously torn from my hands. "Sorry you discovered something you wanted to do! Maybe place a map marker and come back later?"

The weapon system? Brilliant. Can't believe people complained as much about it. The rain? Literally game-ruining for me.

I'm 140+ hours in and the rain literally only bothered me in the first 20 or so hours perhaps, and even then it wasn't a big deal. Don't know what to say, I'm glad I'm not you :p

Maybe this very simple "exploit" can help you? https://youtu.be/anCN5fnJViw

I'm not sure how well it works in rain, but I tried it today and works very well in non-rainy weather. I would guess it's gotta help some even in rain.

Over two months since release, and over a month since I "completed" the game (I've been poking around ever since without fast travel, to the tune of 30+ postgame hours and counting), for the first time ever I saw the impact that a falling star makes when it hits the earth. Before, it had always struck somewhere out of view or beyond the horizon.

Still didn't make it over in time to catch it.
It came down on the side of Mount Lanayru as I was on the snowfield below and just about to hit Naydra for a scale, which would have made for a great screenshot if I were expecting anything out of the ordinary. Thought I could hit one, then the other, all before the sun came up. I was wrong.

This game does not run out of delights. I doubt I'll finish up with everything I intended to as is (five remaining side quests, upgrading my Amiibo gear, and a handful of other objectives like collecting
Talus/Hinox medals and more bridles/saddles
) by the time the first DLC hits. I could see myself playing BotW continuously all year, only stepping away from it for no more than a week or two at a time as I've been doing.

Just when I thought the game was starting to wear out on me i just did the farosh scale shrine quest (amazing stuff) and learnt how to parry and fight Lynels and the game suddenly is the most fun it's ever been! How can anybody say the combat in this game isn't good?

Now I'm going to max out my gear with Lynel shit, then find a few more shrines (94 atm) and it's off to Hyrule Castle!

mrchad

There are spots where it rains constantly until you complete a certain task (such as clear a tower or complete a shrine). Is that what you're seeing?

TheJoRu

I'm soon done with the game. Finished the last Divine Beast, unlocked the last tower, just 8 more shrines left (of which there are 2 I know where they are), and merely a couple of armor upgrades left to do. I'm pretty good at spacing out my progress as to not finish anything completely until the very end when everything starts coming together. The feeling of completion is satisfying, but also empty; I don't like when things I enjoy end.

Over two months since release, and over a month since I "completed" the game (I've been poking around ever since without fast travel, to the tune of 30+ postgame hours and counting), for the first time ever I saw the impact that a falling star makes when it hits the earth. Before, it had always struck somewhere out of view or beyond the horizon.

Yeah, I noticed that for the first time just a couple of game hours ago (I'm 175 hours in). It hit the side of a cliff which then caused a really powerful impact. It's those kinds of things that may seem obvious, and perhaps you'd find it off if that didn't happen, but at the same time you don't expect it and for it to be that well done.

bjork

I finished the story yesterday, but regarding the last fight:
is there any benefit to doing it on horseback? I jumped off and just did it on foot with no troubles.

I think overall it's quite good, and I like it infinitely more than I liked Ocarina, but if I were to sit down like "I'm gonna play a Zelda game" I think I'd still go for one of the first three.

is there any benefit to doing it on horseback? I jumped off and just did it on foot with no troubles.

I think overall it's quite good, and I like it infinitely more than I liked Ocarina, but if I were to sit down like "I'm gonna play a Zelda game" I think I'd still go for one of the first three.

I can see that. This too me is the best Zelda and the best game I've played in ages but it is at the same time a game of discovery and I don't think replaying it will give you the same satisfaction again at all. That's why I hope the DLC is not just a new dungeon but something that changes the whole game so that it can be replayed again and feel fresh once more.

I am hoping that the DLC will be telling the story 100 year prior to the events of this one. Basically playing the stuff you see I your memories. But that seems too much for a 25 euro dlc of course. Still I hope they do something like that because I think there's so much more they could do with this world.

"Beat" the game by clearing the Castle last night. What a lovely game.

I
had to finish afoot because my horse got vaporized by Ganon's beam when I used the updraft, lmfao XD
A Link to the Past has always been my pedestal for Zelda, but BotW comes very close with how much it evokes the first three games for me.

I'm very excited for the DLC and future Zelda titles.

Anson225

wow the
tarrey
town sidequest is just so good
it's so fulfilling for some reason

the dramatic music when someone leaves for that town gets me everytime

Sh0k

After almost 300 hours I can take a rest from BOTW and concentrate on different games, defintely best open world game I have played. Finished the game with all 120 shrines, all 4 divines beasts defeated, did all the side quests, upgraded all my costumes to the max and collected around 500 korok seeds. I'm going to leave the rest of the korok seeds for when the DLC is released.

Pinky

Banned
All Divine Beasts are now tamed and need 1 more
Star Fragment
to upgrade my Ancient Helmet and my set will be maxed out. Finally broke the 100 count for Korok seeds and have 101. Only... 799 to go. :( Sheesh... what a task!

Which Divine Beast is most beneficial to go after first again?

The eagle in the Rito region I'm guessing. But depends what you want I guess... If you want easier combat&#8203; then other powers are probably more useful. But the Rito one would be very helpful for exploring.

I've only done the Zora so far, but I'm a little familiar what the others are/do.

I was told by someone in the game that someone went to one of the mazes and was never seen again.

Is that just a story or can you actually find them and return them safely.

I can't figure out what to do about those "spinning wind flowers" that you find next to cut-off tree trucks. Pretty sure it's for Korok seeds, but don't know what to do about it.

Not sure if I want to spoil that for myself or what. I've come across many and after giving up I've marked them on the map and moved on...

Are you sure you're talking about the in-game album and not the system screenshots? I don't have the latest patch installed and I checked and couldn't select multiple images in the game album.
Yeah, I don't even know how to take screenshots on the Wii U.

After hitting delete, there should be a button to select multiple pictures before you confirm the deletion. A select all option is also available.

How the fuck do I get a Blood Moon to trigger?

I used to get tons of them but now that I actually need one to unlock this stupid shrine, the game refuses to give me one. I've killed tons of monsters, waited weeks of in-game time... I'm at my wit's end.

Help?

jnWake

I can't figure out what to do about those "spinning wind flowers" that you find next to cut-off tree trucks. Pretty sure it's for Korok seeds, but don't know what to do about it.

Not sure if I want to spoil that for myself or what. I've come across many and after giving up I've marked them on the map and moved on...

Usually, spinning wheels spawn balloons that you need to pop with arrows. However, there are times when instead they spawn some 'nuts' (or something like that...) that appear from the top of trees. Like balloons you have to shoot them but they're harder to notice

Today I decided to explore a bit of Hyrule Castle, just for the heck of it (don't plan on beating Ganon yet). The area is incredible. I can only hope the next Zelda manages to include more places like it. Akkala's Fort should've been like this.

Usually, spinning wheels spawn balloons that you need to pop with arrows. However, there are times when instead they spawn some 'nuts' (or something like that...) that appear from the top of trees. Like balloons you have to shoot them but they're harder to notice

I know about the balloons. They're hard to miss since there is an audio cue when they appear and they keep making noise as they move. But these aren't making any sounds or visual cue that something was triggered.

I think I know the "nuts" things you're talking about. I've found a number of them and hit them for seeds, but I don't recall spinning wheels or anything that triggered them to spawn. I assumed they were always there.

The eagle in the Rito region I'm guessing. But depends what you want I guess... If you want easier combat&#8203; then other powers are probably more useful. But the Rito one would be very helpful for exploring.

I've only done the Zora so far, but I'm a little familiar what the others are/do.
Rito one is amazing for exploring and combat (don't forget about Arrow Matrix Time).

However, the Gerudo one has saved my ass time and time again against Lynels and other tough enemies.

I was told by someone in the game that someone went to one of the mazes and was never seen again.

Is that just a story or can you actually find them and return them safely.
Nope. In fact, you'll find evidence of dead travellers. They gone. :'(

Today I decided to explore a bit of Hyrule Castle, just for the heck of it (don't plan on beating Ganon yet). The area is incredible. I can only hope the next Zelda manages to include more places like it. Akkala's Fort should've been like this.
I'm happy I literally did not touch Hyrule Castle until the end of my journey, because man is it impressive. The music and level's design just does so much. And those gatehouses....

The more I think about it, the more it surprises me this game doesn't really have any deep caves to explore. Could've been cool, having to use a torch to light up the darkness and such and finding interesting places like underground lakes and ruins or something.

The more I think about it, the more it surprises me this game doesn't really have any deep caves to explore. Could've been cool, having to use a torch to light up the darkness and such and finding interesting places like underground lakes and ruins or something.

Yeah hopefully the next one will have it. Also diving.

Agreed. I always remember the first time I decided to dig my way down in Minecraft and discovered a huge cave full of monsters and I could only see whatever I would light up with torches. I was expecting this kind of thing here but there's nothing like that.

And that's kind of the crazy thing about this game, while it's so amazing and so huge, it can still be so much more.

It's the eleventh time I say this but I wouldn't mine one bit if Nintendo would reuse this map but setting it in the story 100 years prior and redo the game this time with bigger towns, caves, underwater world's... they could release it in just a couple of years and it could be the best Zelda yet again.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there some kind of trick to get Farosh horn shard? I keep shooting at its horn with my bow, but it's always a single scale that drops. Is it normal?

sazzy

Is there some kind of trick to get Farosh horn shard? I keep shooting at its horn with my bow, but it's always a single scale that drops. Is it normal?

You should get as close as possible and jump off a cliff and shoot in slow mo.

Go to Riola Spring in Faron, where he spawns, and forward time to morning.

I have some weird depth-perception issues with those dragons. I will fly close and fire an arrow thinking I'm right in front of it only to see the arrow flying...and flying...and dropping off just before hitting it.
They're much bigger than I think and I never quite register how far away from them I actually am!

sazzy

When the dragon's head pretty much fills your screen, you're close enough.

Or just use one of those long-shot bows, like the Golden Bow.

I have some weird depth-perception issues with those dragons. I will fly close and fire an arrow thinking I'm right in front of it only to see the arrow flying...and flying...and dropping off just before hitting it.
They're much bigger than I think and I never quite register how far away from them I actually am!

Same happens with me.

Top Bottom