• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

Jazzem

I haven't played the game after beating the story :( I knew this would happen. I already found 120 shrines though, and all that is left is upgrading armor and finishing up the side quests. Korok seeds don't count.

Give it a few days! I had a similar lapse after defeating Ganon, then before long I was playing it feverishly again :)

After almost 80 hours with the game, I finally feel like I'm "done" for now. Just finished my last few shrines last night and the most I'd want to do now is face Ganon one more time while fully decked out.

I really can't wait for the DLC to give me another reason to dive back in! Though I'd immediately start playing again if they added a way to have multiple saves under the same profile.

What's a good way to earn money aside from trying to sell food? The helms in this game are expensive.

Become a miner. You can get over 50 topazes, sapphires, and rubies each just in a few hours work, and you need far fewer than that for upgrades. Also you wind up getting like 200 ambers in that same time.

For extra help there, you can
target the rare ore deposits with your Sheikah Sensor +
so that you don't have to wander as much.

LiK

Become a miner. You can get over 50 topazes, sapphires, and rubies each just in a few hours work, and you need far fewer than that for upgrades. Also you wind up getting like 200 ambers in that same time.

For extra help there, you can
target the rare ore deposits with your Sheikah Sensor +
so that you don't have to wander as much.

Any use for the ores other than money? I was saving them for that reason.

Koren

You don't have to find the memories.
I wish there were more of those :/ I found the hunt fun, and found 10 of them in a short time (I'm pretty sure the remaining 2 are in the last two places I have to visit).

What's a good way to earn money aside from trying to sell food? The helms in this game are expensive.
I think the common answer is
snow bowling in Hebra mountains, close to the tower

Any use for the ores other than money? I was saving them for that reason.

Yeah you need them for various upgrades, but really not much at all. I like to keep around maybe 10-20 of each just in case (except diamonds, they're much more rare) but you'll start to find so many as you progress that there's no reason not to sell them if you have more than that.

LiK

Yeah you need them for various upgrades, but really not much at all. I like to keep around maybe 10-20 of each just in case (except diamonds, they're much more rare) but you'll start to find so many as you progress that there's no reason not to sell them if you have more than that.

holy jeebus, i only have like a handful for each. i find a ton of Amber tho. Might just check a guide for upgrades then.

GRW810

Fireblight Ganon defeated and Vah Rudiana freed. Three Divine Beasts conquered, one to go. Will take my time with the Rito quest because I've got a pile of side and shrine quests to complete.

Also going to locate two (out of my remaining four) memories which I have a rough idea about and investigate some possible Korok locations I've identified from afar or overhead while travelling. I'm on 160 seeds and I want a minimum of 300 before I finish the game.

At 73 shrines right now, want to be at 90-100 by the time I complete the beasts. That will leave the final 20 before confronting Ganon.

Futureman

I passed all the Korok trials last night.

I was worried about the stealth one as I saw people on here complaining, but going into Magnesis mode it's really easy to keep track of the little guy and keep your distance.

just gotta figure what that sleepy korok on top of the Deku Tree is all about now.

Forkball

I farmed all the parts from all the dragons (already had a few though from general adventuring) to upgrade this gear. Ok acorns, got a lot of those, easy. Honey? Well that was a bit annoying, but I found some good spots and got it in no time. Beetles.... ok maybe two stars is good enough.

And I run into Kilton nearly every night except for when I actually need to see him.

GoldStarz

I farmed all the parts from all the dragons (already had a few though from general adventuring) to upgrade this gear. Ok acorns, got a lot of those, easy. Honey? Well that was a bit annoying, but I found some good spots and got it in no time. Beetles.... ok maybe two stars is good enough.

And I run into Kilton nearly every night except for when I actually need to see him.

If you need the Gold ones, check Lurelin, they're basically common there at night.

Snowball minigame and (Rare) Talus hunting

Forkball

If you need the Gold ones, check Lurelin, they're basically common there at night.

Beetles on palm trees? We Animal Crossing now.

Also I've been coming up on some of the more unique Korok puzzles recently. I've been mostly looking for missing blocks, picking up stones, following flowers etc. but there's a ton of variety I had no idea existed. I shot an acorn in a log and one popped up, and another had a big log with thorns surrounding it. I burned the thorns, and noticed that the flowers changed colors when I touched them. Turns out there are a group of five flower clusters with increasing numbers, and touching them from 1 to 5 made a Korok appear. Really makes me realize the ones hiding under rocks are just lazy.

gardfish

Does anyone know how to pose with your weapon drawn with the camera rune? I've seen a bunch of pictures of people doing it, but I can't for the life of me figure out how.

GRW810

Turns out there are a group of five flower clusters with increasing numbers, and touching them from 1 to 5 made a Korok appear.
I discovered one of these yesterday. Can't remember where (really wish I could. Thinking Faron or Tabantha, based on recent travels) but it was immediately obvious yet pleasantly surprising.

Korok seeds are just one way that BotW leaves you to discover solutions on your own with the perfect amount of visual prompt.

Of the 900, does anyone know if there are any particularly noteworthy/obscure/difficult seeds to collect? Maybe one which stands out more than others.

dock

WTF is name of the Zelda BOTW NPC with the same name as his horse? I thought it was 'Spinch' but I was wrong! XD

edit: whoops, never mind. I was right about the name.

I love the Spinches!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
At various stables there's a painter NPC who gives you fairly specific hints as to where a given picture is, if it's nearby.

Not always though. My two kids are playing and my daughter found the painter at a stable west of kakariko and he said 'show me a photo'. My son found the same guy in the same place and he just talked about something general. I think my son hadn't done something to trigger that somehow - he had the camera but maybe needed to go see Impa first?

boxter432

Not always though. My two kids are playing and my daughter found the painter at a stable west of kakariko and he said 'show me a photo'. My son found the same guy in the same place and he just talked about something general. I think my son hadn't done something to trigger that somehow - he had the camera but maybe needed to go see Impa first?

I think he needs to go the the hateno lab first to get the memory pictures (i think? it was like 100 hours ago for me)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Help!!! How do I defeat the Hinox on Eventide?!
If you're doing that one last you should have plenty of weapons from all the other enemies you defeated on the island.
Stasis+ then arrow to the eye then beat the shit out of it. Rinse repeat.

Mediking

Spoil sensitive for scanning readers.

Bomb, shoot, grab, and steal that orb hanging around its neck.

I think he needs to go the the hateno lab first to get the memory pictures (i think? it was like 100 hours ago for me)

You can also just
glide onto his belly and snatch the ball
if all you want is to complete the trial.

Did you do the
Gerudu beast
yet?
The lightning attack
wrecks him.

If you're doing that one last you should have plenty of weapons from all the other enemies you defeated on the island.
Stasis+ then arrow to the eye then beat the shit out of it. Rinse repeat.

When in doubt, Spam bombs

Got it!!!! But how do I climb that huge cliff with the ball???

Red

But what if my heart is committed to BoTW?! :p

I know, time to be a responsible adult... thanks for the words of encouragement!
It will pay off down the line! Little mistakes now can set you back in the future. Good luck. Time management is difficult during school.

Man, I much prefer this thread over the 'those who favor older Zelda' one. I'm perfectly fine with people prefering older Zeldas, though I'm not one of them, but some people in there acting like it's a shit game is depressing.

Man, I much prefer this thread over the 'those who favor older Zelda' one. I'm perfectly fine with people prefering older Zeldas, though I'm not one of them, but some people in there like it's a shit game is depressing.

Based on Aonuma's recent comments, we'll be basking in open-air goodness for years to come. :)

Man, I much prefer this thread over the 'those who favor older Zelda' one. I'm perfectly fine with people prefering older Zeldas, though I'm not one of them, but some people in there like it's a shit game is depressing.
Yeah I didn't even go into that thread because knowing GAF it would be an incredible swamp of negativity.

One weird aspect of BotW is that it has a lot of lazy criticisms that can be applied to it. "weapon durability sucks", "weak main campaign", "repetitive combat" etc. Personally I don't think any of these criticisms hold up, and I've given my thoughts explaining why before. But I don't feel compelled to explain them over and over again, especially in a thread which is specifically calling for people who didn't like the game.

Koren

I'm not convinced it'll be my favorite one (for all the good ideas, there's a couple bad things) but I must admit that no Zelda has been perfect to me...

So he's actually useful for something? The three things I can buy there seems worthless (I mean, one is worthless, one is one-time only, one is a big ???)

Of the 900, does anyone know if there are any particularly noteworthy/obscure/difficult seeds to collect? Maybe one which stands out more than others.
An interesting one I found today is the one in the jungle
where you have a boulder on all corners on a square around a dragon head, except one, and a boulder on top of a column...
. Not that hard to figure, but I tried stasis+hit, and it's not easy
bomb arrows are perfect for this one

Out of the "normal" ones, took me some time to figure the
aligned three trees ones
, where you need to
remove some fruits from one till it matches the two others
, but it's not that obscure.

I wonder how many really really hard ones there is...

I hit the orb around his neck with a bomb and ran like the wind once I snatched it up.
Why haven't I thought of trying cutting the necklace earlier to get the weapons without fighting?

tkscz

Got the true after credits ending. Zelda still doesn't take any responsibility for what happened. I mean, it's not all her fault but she played a part and should at least admit to it. Though I wonder if the story DLC is based on Vah Ruta stopping.

Yeah I didn't even go into that thread because knowing GAF it would be an incredible swamp of negativity.

One weird aspect of BotW is that it has a lot of lazy criticisms that can be applied to it. "weapon durability sucks", "weak main campaign", "repetitive combat" etc. Personally I don't think any of these criticisms hold up, and I've given my thoughts explaining why before. But I don't feel compelled to explain them over and over again, especially in a thread which is specifically calling for people who didn't like the game.

When one of the most common criticisms is "it rains too much" you know some folks are reaching.

Boem

So he's actually useful for something? The three things I can buy there seems worthless (I mean, one is worthless, one is one-time only, one is a big ???)

He sold me (item spoilers?):

- Bokoblin, Moblin and Lizalfos masks, which means they won't attack me when I approach them without attacking them myself, they just come up to you and act all curious towards you. I even started sharing some apples with two Bokoblins at one point, and they almost got in a fight because one of them grabbed all the apples before the other one could. Makes exploring more fun for me because I don't want to get into a fight with every Bokoblin or Lizalfos I come across at this point, I've done that enough.
- 2 pieces of monster armor for my horse. Not entirely sure what it does since I haven't really used it yet, but perhaps it stops monsters from attacking while my horse is wearing it?

He also said he'd have more items for me as I progressed on my adventure. I've done 2 dungeons, uncovered about half the map.

I don't know, that stuff was all fun for me.

Charamiwa

Banned

I was interested in the thread but I left as soon as I read that BotW was going to be the GTA 4 of 2017 and people will start hating it soon. That's my cue to start ignoring the noise and play the game in peace.

Besides, by now I know all the criticisms people have with the game. Weapon durability, not enough rewards, no traditional dungeons and weak ending. Personally I only agree with the ending, and even then I already read all there is to read about it. I'm good.

Top Bottom