• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

LiK

I found 4 Korok seeds so far. Only 4 and 2 were from by accident. Jesus. Haven't bothered looking up any guides yet but I might just to expand inventory space.

Koren

I found 4 Korok seeds so far. Only 4 and 2 were from by accident. Jesus. Haven't bothered looking up any guides yet but I might just to expand inventory space.
Don't worry, after some time, it'll become an harvest. Once you've seen the 8-10 most common mechanisms, you'll find plently nearly everywhere.

Still found half a dozen just by wandering around
Kokoriko village and Great fountain
, trying to find that damn
ancient ball that should be somewhere, since there seem to be a shrine waiting for one...

There's a well hidden Korok in K
akariko
Village. Very clever, but you need to be observant enough. I hope you can find it!

Vidiot

Anyone else hope that the DLC dungeon is a massive classic Zelda style dungeon? I really hope it's not another Devine Beat type thing.

Lizardus

I only did one of those (basement included :p). I guess I'll find the rest of the set in the other 2? Seems quite logical.

Yes.

Anyone else hope that the DLC dungeon is a massive classic Zelda style dungeon? I really hope it's not another Devine Beat type thing.

I'd like to see you trying to rebuild Hyrule and eventually see it become a bustling place with towns and settlements everywhere. Basically, more population centers.

The Sheikah Armor is indeed way too powerful for stealth:

C8iT67YXUAM14CB.jpg

C8iUCGeWAAEu6jv.jpg

C8iUGqUXsAcON32.jpg

maxcriden

There is a way to select multiple pictures and delete them in the Compendium. Not sure on what the buttons but it is there.

Game-changer. Thank you!! Can you or anyone else please find out how?

Have you tried to Stasis the chest and then use magnesis on it? It sounds like something that could work... maybe (I've not been there yet)

Nope, but we can give that a whirl. Thank you! Will report back.

Red

This game is dangerous for me. It's kinda hard to focus on the big things in life when the little things are so fucking good. My undergraduate research has taken the back seat this week as a result. Still, no regrets - I'm happy.
try not to let it interfere with your commitments. game responsibly.

Game-changer. Thank you!! Can you or anyone else please find out how?

I'm pretty sure if you hit the delete button (X?) it will give you another button to select all (Y?).

Nope, but we can give that a whirl. Thank you! Will report back.

I went to that chest and tried basically everything I could think of but didn't try magnesis after stasis. I did hit it a lot with arrows, shock arrows, and bombs both in and out of stasis. Nothing happened. I'm guessing it's a bug.

robochimp

Don't worry, after some time, it'll become an harvest. Once you've seen the 8-10 most common mechanisms, you'll find plently nearly everywhere.

Still found half a dozen just by wandering around
Kokoriko village and Great fountain
, trying to find that damn
ancient ball that should be somewhere, since there seem to be a shrine waiting for one...

Ask Impa she may know where it is.

maxcriden

I'm pretty sure if you hit the delete button (X?) it will give you another button to select all (Y?).

I went to that chest and tried basically everything I could think of but didn't try magnesis after stasis. I did hit it a lot with arrows, shock arrows, and bombs both in and out of stasis. Nothing happened. I'm guessing it's a bug.

Thanks for the tip, hopefully it will work. But, I don't want to delete all of them...is part of the problem,. I want a cursor to delete some at once. Because there are a couple I really like. But, I suppose I could just screenshot those and then make my life easier. So I will do that, then. Thank you.

As to the chest, thanks for checking it out and trying those tools on it! Per the GameFAQS threads about this glitch, it does appear to be a straight up glitch with no way to obtain the chest. One person I think even said they hope the DLC will involve this chest somehow. That would be a hilarious turn but it seems unlikely to me.

Did you go to my invisibility mountain wall SE-ish of Death Mountain? That is a fun glitch.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I haven't played the game after beating the story :( I knew this would happen. I already found 120 shrines though, and all that is left is upgrading armor and finishing up the side quests. Korok seeds don't count.

LiK

Not a fan of the Finding Memories quest. Basically an excuse to make you explore all around the world. Feels tedious to me.

UCBooties

Yesterday I was asking how to find hidden shrines because there was one that was driving me nuts in the northwestern section of the map.

I kept getting pings while running along the cliffs that mark the western boundary of the map and I must have spent two hours climbing up and down, looking for destructable rocks, ice to melt, any indication of a puzzle and just... nothing. I finally gave up and decided that I was just going to have to come back some other time. SO I went and climbed over the mountain, and on the complete other side where I wasn't getting any pings at all I found a gate that could be smashed with a snowball. Inside was the shrine and a huuuuuge whale skeleton.

It was such a relief to find it!

boxter432

Thanks for the tip, hopefully it will work. But, I don't want to delete all of them...is part of the problem,. I want a cursor to delete some at once. Because there are a couple I really like. But, I suppose I could just screenshot those and then make my life easier. So I will do that, then. Thank you.

As to the chest, thanks for checking it out and trying those tools on it! Per the GameFAQS threads about this glitch, it does appear to be a straight up glitch with no way to obtain the chest. One person I think even said they hope the DLC will involve this chest somehow. That would be a hilarious turn but it seems unlikely to me.

Did you go to my invisibility mountain wall SE-ish of Death Mountain? That is a fun glitch.

without actually clicking on a pic, look at the screen, there are button prompts all over. push X i think and then you can select as many pics as you want or don't want to delete at once.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Not a fan of the Finding Memories quest. Basically an excuse to make you explore all around the world. Feels tedious to me.
You are not supposed to finish that quest quickly though. I think you can get them all easily while just trying to do the main quests. There's an NPC that you will meet in stables who will guide you where to go as well.

When you select all you can just go through and deselect any of the ones you want to keep. It's a lot easier than manually deleting all the ones you want to get rid of.

I still think that chest is a glitch but it would be amazing if it's a super secret easter egg or something. Like that screenshot of the triforce from OoT that wasn't actually in the game.

Yesterday I was asking how to find hidden shrines because there was one that was driving me nuts in the northwestern section of the map.

I kept getting pings while running along the cliffs that mark the western boundary of the map and I must have spent two hours climbing up and down, looking for destructable rocks, ice to melt, any indication of a puzzle and just... nothing. I finally gave up and decided that I was just going to have to come back some other time. SO I went and climbed over the mountain, and on the complete other side where I wasn't getting any pings at all I found a gate that could be smashed with a snowball. Inside was the shrine and a huuuuuge whale skeleton.

I had to look this up... I feel ashamed.

LiK

You are not supposed to finish that quest quickly though. I think you can get them all easily while just trying to do the main quests. There's an NPC that you will meet in stables who will guide you where to go as well.

Yea, I keep finding that guy for directions. Kinda wish it wasn't a main quest tho.

Kanhir

I thought it was a great reward for exploration. For most of the photos, the landmarks/topography are so distinct that you can find the locations fairly easily if you've been paying attention as you go.

ASIS

Finished all dungeons. The
Goron Divine Beast
was my favorite one. Easiest and less convoluted than all the other ones to solve. It was also the last one I did cuz I didn't know how to get to the city at first. I also liked the fight before getting into it. Less action and more action platformy.
My favorite dungeons are as follows:

1. Naboris
2. Medoh
3. Ruta
4. Rudania

I loved each and every one of them though. Yeah they don't scratch the same itch as Zelda dungeons usually do, but they scratch a different one and I still consider them a high (if not the highest) point of the game.

sazzy

On Wintre Island, on the far east of the map, if you look out towards the ocean you can see several mountain tops/islands.

You don't have to do that:

X to begin deleting 'mode'
A to select which separate pictures you want to delete
X again deletes those which you've selected

DrArchon

You're crazy. The memories quest is the best quest in the game, especially when you don't get a hint and just go off of the landmarks in the photos. I certainly felt like an actual detective when I figured out where to go for those.

Yeah, you have to go across a lot of the map, but aren't you gonna do that anyway?

TheJoRu

I don't really ever pursue that quest, if you get what I mean. I've looked at the photos, sort of remember them, and then as I explore the world it sometimes pops into my head that "oh, this place sort of looks like..." and I look and see if there's anything that's also in the photo. I've found that to be the ideal way for me to think about that quest; to put it into the back of my head and as I explore I subconsciously take more note of the world around me and occasionally get these epiphanies. Literally "memories" coming back to me, cheesy as it sounds.

If I'd instead go out of my way to actively go and find the places it'd feel more like a chore and like crossing off checklists.

tauroxd

People are talking about map percentage completion and overal percentage completion, where can you see that information? I beat the final boss after 130 hours and never saw any of that.

LiK

You're crazy. The memories quest is the best quest in the game, especially when you don't get a hint and just go off of the landmarks in the photos. I certainly felt like an actual detective when I figured out where to go for those.

Yeah, you have to go across a lot of the map, but aren't you gonna do that anyway?

I don't really ever pursue that quest, if you get what I mean. I've looked at the photos, sort of remember them, and then as I explore the world it sometimes pops into my head that "oh, this place sort of looks like..." and I look and see if there's anything that's also in the photo. I've found that to be the ideal way for me to think about that quest; to put it into the back of my head and as I explore I subconsciously take more note of the world around me and occasionally get these epiphanies. Literally "memories" coming back to me, cheesy as it sounds.

If I'd instead go out of my way to actively go and find the places it'd feel more like a chore and like crossing off checklists.

Yes, I know the reasons why people like it. No need for the explanations. I found some areas not fun to traverse to find them. Like I said, just bitching about some small things.

People are talking about map percentage completion and overal percentage completion, where can you see that information? I beat the final boss after 130 hours and never saw any of that.

Did you load the save file with the star next to it after beating the boss?

Greddleok

Bah, I'm still missing 2 memories and can't find any painters who will guide me.

Pretty sure one is in the castle, the other is in some woods...but no clue where that might be -_-

KevinG

I was stuck on the same exact one for hours, finally figured it out last night similarly to you.

KraytarJ

I loved everything about the Lost Memories quest, save for that damn final memory. I'm amazed I was able to locate it without help.
That one seemed obvious to me since I remembered where
Link finally ended up losing to the guardians
and there wasn't a memory there yet. Though I'm not entirely sure which NPC tells you that but because I came in very interested in what happened 100 years ago as soon as I heard that I made special note of it.

At various stables there's a painter NPC who gives you fairly specific hints as to where a given picture is, if it's nearby.

Yep, I also don't think the "excuse for you to explore the whole world" is true, since most of the photos are in Hyrule field or close to it. I sort of wish some were located in the Hebras, jungle, etc.

Top Bottom