• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

B

bomb

Unconfirmed Member
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| You can roll a boulder from start to finish.

IOTI OT, there's never much love when we go OT

Seriously though Open Your Eyes is fine. It's perfect for the first one and it'll be gone in a few days anyway so you guys who don't like it get to name one of the threads that will last longer anyway

Bamboo 竹;231300965 said:
"Open your eyes" is the only right answer for the OT title. Is far away from a pun that will work at the first read and then die without any significance.

It was the first sentence we heard from this game, that confirmed voice acting for the first time in a Zelda game. It's the word that breaks the Zelda conventions and made birth of this amazing experience.

It's the first voiced sentence of the first gameplay trailer (E3 2016) and the last voiced sentence of the last trailer (Switch Presentation).

There is no another right answer. Not a pun. Not a cheeky title. Not a flaming title. Just a meaningful title.

That's all I ask.
Indeed.

ika

this is the first time Nintendo tried a world of this size and there have been a lot of absolutely giant, detailed open world games by companies who worked in that format for years now.

Nintendo already did Xenoblade and Xenoblade X that are as big or even bigger than BotW so no, this is not true. In fact MonolithSoft worked on Zelda.

It has already been proven that 'the Great Plateau is just 1% of the game world' was marketing speak for example, which already destroys some early estimates.

Proven how? If the map in the Game Awards is like the final map (and it looks like it is if we trust the map on E3 demo), you can fit nearly 90 Great Plateau's in it, so it's 1-2% like Nintendo said.

J4tUUGy.jpg

I came up with the slate idea because it's an actual game mechanic and has a few meanings. It's the only decent one I could think of though.

Top Bottom