• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

Wallach

what is this strawpoll nonsense

non-gaf scum could have clicked that and tainted it with their disease

have a mod put up a poll here (which will hopefully include the REAL obvious choice of Thor 2: The Dark World) or tell whoever's making the damn thread to put pants on and make the decision like a proper thread creator

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I'm not advocating for Open Your Eyes but I'm just saying I think this game deserves better than a pun, lol
At least 10% of the posts in the OT's are going to be people arguing over which village girl they'd rather bang, lets not pretend that this OT is going to be a sacred institution.

Speely

Banned
Well then what about "Open Your World?"

It references "Open Your Eyes" and the fact that it's the first open-world modern Zelda. And there's no pun.

I am just trying to find a middle ground here. Maybe my read is way off. Opinions are all over.

Nepenthe

And? There's nothing special about it. We can do better.

Clearly we can't because no one has suggested anything with which has more unanimous agreement as a potential title. xP

It's not necessarily everyone's first choice, true, but it's the choice with the most okays. It's an easy default.

ASIS

Open your eyes is pretentious, as it's either evoking shade, or just a cheesy line that says nothing about the game.

It's the first voiced line we ever heard from the series. It's very significant actually.

I still think A Link From The Past is the best though.

arguing 10 pages about an OT title

yall pathetic!!!!!

ltbaDMD.png

"Open your eyes" is the only right answer for the OT title. Is far away from a pun that will work at the first read and then die without any significance.

It was the first sentence we heard from this game, that confirmed voice acting for the first time in a Zelda game. It's the word that breaks the Zelda conventions and made birth of this amazing experience.

It's the first voiced sentence of the first gameplay trailer (E3 2016) and the last voiced sentence of the last trailer (Switch Presentation).

There is no another right answer. Not a pun. Not a cheeky title. Not a flaming title. Just a meaningful title.

That's all I ask.

Bamboo 竹;231300965 said:
"Open your eyes" is the only right answer for the OT title. Is far away from a pun that will work at the first read and then die without any significance.

It was the first sentence we heard from this game, that confirmed voice acting for the first time in a Zelda game. It's the word that breaks the Zelda conventions and made birth of this amazing experience.

It's the first voiced sentence of the first gameplay trailer (E3 2016) and the last voiced sentence of the last trailer (Switch Presentation).

There is no another right answer. Not a pun. Not a cheeky title. Not a flaming title. Just a meaningful title.

That's all I ask.

Agree fully.

Nepenthe

Bamboo 竹;231300965 said:

That's all I ask.

dhMeAzK.gif

Someone understands me.

Fireblend

Banned
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| Dropping frames and explosive barrels.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| Sheikah Slate: It Just Works.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| Not your father's Minecraft clone.

I'll be here all week.

Top Bottom