• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Community Thread: Timelines, Retreads and Colors Oh My

Boney

Banned
Professor Beef said:
Still nowhere near as awful as this son of a bitch.

ZKjar.jpg
that son of a bitch has always rubbed me the wrong way.

shadyspace said:
I have never played Link's Awakening and have no interest in doing so.
wtf is this shit!

you're worse than kiddie kong

shadyspace said:

[Bug Report] - Ridiculous Post

Repro Rate: 5/5

Steps to reproduce:
-----------------
-Saw thread title, sounded interesting
-Entered thread, clicked on thread last page.
-Read above comment
-Immediately shook my head.

Notes:
So dumb for realz.

Fou-Lu

shadyspace said:

You're in the wrong thread. Would you kindly leave and let the door hit you on the way out?

mdtauk

shadyspace said:
Can I suggest this guy be banned from this thread. He deserves it for not playing THE GREATEST 2D Zelda game!

Bit-Bit

shadyspace said:
Meh, 2D Zeldas are boring. Didn't bother finishing LttP or Minish Cap either.

What is this, I don't even.

Edit. Read your comment about the 2d graphics compared to the 3d. You're just kidding around. Thank god. I was about to weep for today's gamers.

Xun

I prefer 3D Zelda games as well, but the 2D games are absolute masterpieces in their own right.

shadyspace said:
Phantom Hourglass is the best 2D Zelda.
loz is too open ended
zelda 2 is too hard
alttp is too ~next gen brown~
links awakening had a horrid ending
the cdi games were flawless
oot wasnt revolutionary it was derivative
mm was too tim burton
ww was ugly as fuck
tp was perfectly paced but had horrid dungeons

are we done now?

cajunator

Banned
I'll be honest. I wasn't that enthralled by Zelda until it went 3D either.
I played some of LTTP but the top down view just isnt as thrilling to me as seeing the environments and characters in fully modeled 3d form. Thats not to say I didn't appreciate the quality of the games or what they meant to gamers. they have their place. but for me, Zelda didn't truly come alive until OOT.

cajunator said:
I played some of LTTP but the top down view just isnt as thrilling to me as seeing the environments and characters in fully modeled 3d form. Thats not to say I didn't appreciate the quality of the games or what they meant to gamers. they have their place. but for me, Zelda didn't truly come alive until OOT.
This is how I actually feel, yeah. What I have played of LttP felt a bit soulless. I think I would enjoy LA though, but I'm putting that off until after SS since I beat OoT3D a while back and decided to play through WW again. Close enough to Zelda fatigue as it is.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
cajunator said:
Interesting, for me its the opposite. I love 3D Zelda, but I feel that I like the 2D games better, in general. The LA-OoA-OoS form of the games is, IMO, Zelda at its best.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I loooooove Link's Awakening. It's the first Zelda game I ever played with friends (this was around the time Pokemon was released and bringing Game Boys/Game Boy Colors to school was cool (and allowed)).

I remember we got stuck on Eagle's Tower and how no idea how to beat it (there was one pillar we couldn't get to). Then one of my friends bought a guide and showed us all what to do. I did everyone's Color Dungeons during recesses or I took their carts home to do it. We helped each other with the trade quests as well. It was so fun. :D

And LA's music is quite good:
Ballad of the Wind Fish
Sword Search
Color Dungeon
Eagle's Tower
Tail Cave
Mabe Village
Tal Tal Heights/Mt. Tamarach

I had a lot of good times with that game, so I can't really fathom people disliking it. It was packed with a lot of content to me. I can easily get into the game while playing it myself, so I don't like it only because I played it with a bunch of friends.

Now when I played Four Swords with friends, that game was more enjoyable. Now that I'm playing it solo, I'm not enjoying it as much.

The Minish Cap was awesome too; the music was so good and the dungeons were pretty fun. I sadly only played Oracle of Seasons, but I really enjoyed it as well. I wish I had gotten my hands on Oracle of Ages back then. But I hope they go up on the e-Shop one day.

I actually did like what I played of MC but my save got corrupted and I gave up on it. I'd love for it to be one of the ambassador program games. Never played OoS or OoA.

I wish behind-the-back-view Zeldas could learn a few things from the top-down ones. Why do we need a long unskippable chest opening cutscene for every little object?

Gravijah

Lord Ghirahim said:
I wish behind-the-back-view Zeldas could learn a few things from the top-down ones. Why do we need a long unskippable cutscene for every little object?

every time you save someone should talk to you about godzilla movies for 10 minutes

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Lord Ghirahim said:
I wish behind-the-back-view Zeldas could learn a few things from the top-down ones. Why do we need a long unskippable chest opening cutscene for every little object?

According to IGN this is gone from SS. They keep explanations short and sweet, no more 4 text boxes worth of useless info what an item is, where it goes and how to use it.

Top Bottom