• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Reknoc said:
Fought my toughest battle in the game yet. This enemy didn't do any damage though, no hard to recognise attack pattern. It just required stamina and a oneness with my rod and cheating lure. It took blood, sweat and tears (well not so much blood and sweat and less tears and more swearing), but I finally caught it. I finally caught that fish.

And got 50 rupees for it :(
Yeah, worst reward ever. Although
bombchus for getting 40 golden skulltulas was pretty hilarious too

Nocturnowl said:
I had to laugh when one of those electric snake style things hit me while carrying Ruto causing me to drop Ruto on top of it, I had no idea her backside was such a potent weapon.
Baby's got back. And she always keeps her smile.

EatChildren said:
Probably nothing, I've just always hated it. I hate the setting, the puzzles, and I hate having to deal with with Ruto. The whole thing is one long drawn out tedious frustration. I hated it as a kid, I hated it on replays, I hated it during Master Quest, and I hate it in the remake.

I really hate Jabu Jabu's belly.
Hater! ;) It's over pretty quickly, so didn't feel tedious to me. Then again everyone was complaining about water temple and I felt it was pretty straightforward. Maybe I'm just weird like that

Nocturnowl said:
You caught the fabled Hylian Loach?! I applaud your patience and give you my congratulations. It remains one of two "tasks" i've never done in this game, the other being the fourth bottle.
I've never caught the loach either. I've also only seen the Sinking Lure like 3 times.

If you want to know where the fourth bottle is, it was a mystery to me for a long time, too. Answer:
Use your horse to ride in Hyrule Field, and you'll see some fast moving Poes that you will have to destroy with your arrows. They're special "Big Poes." Catch them in a bottle and sell them to the guy in future Hyrule Castle Market.

Edit: Let me ask again, because I was at the very end of the page (50 posts/page!):
Why would you do that? said:
How do you get to Boss Rush? I went into the bed as a Kokiri after beating the game, but I only was able to play the bosses individually.

Roto13

I've never gotten the gold scale or the fourth bottle because the side quests for them are just too boring for me to bother with them. Maybe someday.

I also skip out on the Ice Arrows half the time because they're so useless. :p

Reknoc

Nocturnowl said:
You caught the fabled Hylian Loach?! I applaud your patience and give you my congratulations. It remains one of two "tasks" i've never done in this game, the other being the fourth bottle.

Yea first time I've ever caught it. Actually I'm aiming for a lot of first times with this version; getting all the hearts, getting all the Skulltulas and getting all the bottles (2 poes so far)

Edit: This is also the first time I bothered with all the magic beans.

The Lamp

Someone's willing to sell me their barely used Nintendo 3DS for $100 so I may dive in for that and get Zelda. The temptation is just too great. I can't believe I'm excited to play this game again.

goomba

Banned
Question: How many people are rebuying this game primarily to experience it in 3D?

I'm not sure if I would have bought a straight n64 port to the DS if there had been one.

Why would you do that? said:
I've never caught the loach either. I've also only seen the Sinking Lure like 3 times.

If you want to know where the fourth bottle is, it was a mystery to me for a long time, too. Answer:
Use your horse to ride in Hyrule Field, and you'll see some fast moving Poes that you will have to destroy with your arrows. They're special "Big Poes." Catch them in a bottle and sell them to the guy in future Hyrule Castle Market.
I've always known how to get the bottle but I always end up chasing poes into walls, half way up the points card though.
As for your boss rush question you have to beat each boss individually first.

Muskweeto

goomba said:
Question: How many people are rebuying this game primarily to experience it in 3D?

I'm not sure if I would have bought a straight n64 port to the DS if there had been one.
I remember wishing they would make a DS port, now I'm glad they didn't.

Edit: I didn't buy it for the 3D, in fact I don't play it with 3D on. I'm just happy for all the updates made to the game.

Nocturnowl said:
I've always known how to get the bottle but I always end up chasing poes into walls, half way up the points card though.
As for your boss rush question you have to beat each boss individually first.
Ah, thanks. Doing that now.

Morpha is the worst. :(

goomba

Banned
Muskweeto said:
I remember wishing they would make a DS port, now I'm glad they didn't.

Edit: I didn't buy it for the 3D, in fact I don't play it with 3D on. I'm just happy for all the updates made to the game.

Imagine using the dpad or some satanic touch screen virtual analog stick ala Mario DS .. yuck.

Why dont you like the 3D?, because of the extra aliasing?

My copy wont arrive until mid next week >_<

Symphonic

EatChildren said:
Christ I loath the inside of Jabu Jabu's belly. It is without a shred of doubt my least favourite Zelda dungeon, across every single Zelda game, by a good country mile.

I hate every second of it.

It's my second favorite dungeon after the Spirit Temple. Too non-traditional to not love it.

edit: Sorry if that quote was from too long ago, was not on the page I thought I was on.

Muskweeto

goomba said:
Imagine using the dpad or some satanic touch screen virtual analog stick ala Mario DS .. yuck.

I don't care for the 3D because of the ghosting and having to keep the screen in the "sweet spot".

Also 3D conflicts too much with the gyro aiming, I know you can move your head while aiming but I prefer to just turn the 3DS a little.

I'm certainly not bashing 3D, it's just not for me.

cacophony

Is there any way to get hearts before the Forest temple boss? I'm stuck with three every time and the pots in the main area never give me anything.

Roto13

cacophony said:
Is there any way to get hearts before the Forest temple boss? I'm stuck with three every time and the pots in the main area never give me anything.
The entrance to the Forest Temple boss isn't far from the dungeon entrance. You could just go out and visit the fairy fountain in the Forest Meadow.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
cacophony said:

Go outside the opening of the temple to the area where Saria used to sit. There is a gossip stone in the corner. Play Zelda's lullaby and a fairy will come out.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I finished it! First time I've played through it fully since the first time. A LOVELY port/remake and a fantastic game still. My favorite Zelda.

About to beat the game, I'm in Ganons Castle. For the first time ive actually got all 100 Skulltula tokens, all the heart pieces, and all 4 bottles. :)

olimpia84

Played for about an hour or so and had to turn the 3D effect off because my eyes were starting to hurt. Bear in mind I'm new to the 3DS so hopefully my eyes will adjust with time.

=HERO= said:
Just saw OUWEEP...OUWEEP...OUWEEP...OUWEEP...OUWEEP in 333333333DDDDDDDDDDDDD! Taking my time with this.
I love how well OUWEEP works to describe that sound, in that case though you have no choice but to take your time I guess.

Uchip

Banned
Nocturnowl said:
I love how well OUWEEP works to describe that sound, in that case though you have no choice but to take your time I guess.

Ive finished the game many times and still have no idea what that sound is supposed to be
the poes? ganon?

McNum

Uchip said:
Ive finished the game many times and still have no idea what that sound is supposed to be
the poes? ganon?
King Zora moving so very slowly sideways so you can get to Jabu-Jabu.

jman2050

I need a bit of an adjustment period if I switch the game to 2D cause I'm too used to 3D now. heh.

Incidentally, the entire forest meadow/forest temple is one area where the 3D really really shines.

What In the world?! Princess Ruto confused me into thinking Sheik was a man, but now it turns out Sheik was actually Zelda ? The game knows how to throw twists and turns. Zelda's disguise was too well done. Its still shocking to know that it was Princess Zelda, she was supposed to have been caught by Ganondorf in the 7 years! Not roaming free playing Ninja!

The story just got even more epic, I hope I can complete this tonight. Ill never forget this moment.

goomba said:

I don't play in two reasons. I like having the 3DS where it feels comfortable which is not where the 3D would work and it makes me dizzy / gives me eye strain after awhile. Maybe it's just a case of getting older but it just bothers me after awhile.

The 3D is extremely impressive and I turn it on during the little cinematics that play out when you enter new areas but other than that I wouldn't be able to handle it through a regular play session.

Dedication Through Light said:
What In the world?! Princess Ruto confused me into thinking Sheik was a man, but now it turns out Sheik was actually Zelda ? The game knows how to throw twists and turns. Zelda's disguise was too well done. Its still shocking to know that it was Princess Zelda, she was supposed to have been caught by Ganondorf in the 7 years! Not roaming free playing Ninja!

The story just got even more epic, I hope I can complete this tonight. Ill never forget this moment.

Did you never play Melee or Brawl?

Ulairi

Banned
I have a quick question, I'm trying to access the Forrest Temple and I just got passed Mido but when I go to the place, it's just a tree stump and I'm not actually able to get back to the maze that I had to access before. Am I going in the wrong area?

Boney

Banned

haven't you played like Melee or Brawl?

Oh wait you're playing dumb, I forget, carry on.

SmithnCo

Ulairi said:
I have a quick question, I'm trying to access the Forrest Temple and I just got passed Mido but when I go to the place, it's just a tree stump and I'm not actually able to get back to the maze that I had to access before. Am I going in the wrong area?

Yeah, you must've took a wrong turn. There is a dead end area before the maze part, you're probably there.

McNum

I'm doing pretty good in this game so far. Just cashed in for Biggoron's Sword, but haven't used it on anything yet and I'm up to 16 hearts, or was it 17? In any case I got most Heart Pieces. About to head into Gerudo Valley, which will be amusing. Solid Link is headed for the sneak point.

I learned something that I think is different for OoT 3D, though. The patches of dirt for the Magic Beans don't show as an adult. Didn't they in the N64 version? Speaking of dirt, I've got four left to find, and I can only remember where one is.

The ones I got are:
Road to Zora's Domain
Kakariko Graveyard
Death Mountain Trail
Death Mountain Crater
Lost Woods
Lake Hylia Laboroatory

I know there's one near the
Spirit Temple
, but I can't remember the last three. Anyone got a hint or three?

Muskweeto

Ulairi said:
For people who don't know their way it can be easy to to go in the wrong tree stump because the entrance to the meadow is the only one you can't slowly walk up to and see if the next room appears.

Edit: @McNum
There is another one in the lost woods and in Kokiri Forest, can't think of the other right now.

Double edit:
Oh! On a ledge down in the river in Gerudo Vally.

fallen_angel21

Neo Member
I really love OOT but I don't know if its worth buying this now or just saving my money for newer games coming out like Resident Evil. One thing's for sure though, my 3ds needs a new game real bad lol (only got street fighter ever since I bought the handheld)

Nemesis_

fallen_angel21 said:
I really love OOT but I don't know if its worth buying this now or just saving my money for newer games coming out like Resident Evil. One thing's for sure though, my 3ds needs a new game real bad lol (only got street fighter ever since I bought the handheld)

Having played both, OoT is much better value, although if you're one of those Arcadey kind of peopel who always goes for the absolute best score then Resident Evil, while not as substantial, will probably appeal to you more.

VGChampion said:
Did you never play Melee or Brawl?

Thats why I initially thought Sheik was female, however, the game, this OoT referred to Sheik as male. I was always under the impression she was a she, but the character designs look different and I assume OoT is canon while that design is Sakurai's vision of Sheik. I never read any of the character data for Sheik in those series since I hadnt played Zelda before.
Since theres alternate dimension stuff going on in the game Sheik could honestly have been anyone. The sages exist in dual dimensions, and know of Link in both present and past tense, its kind of boggling. Unless, Im thinking too into it.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Unless, Im thinking too into it.

That's pretty much what you're doing. God help you if you ever start trying to tie all the Zelda titles into a timeline.

Top Bottom