• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Dedication Through Light said:
Thats why I initially thought Sheik was female, however, the game, this OoT referred to Sheik as male. I was always under the impression she was a she, but the character designs look different and I assume OoT is canon while that design is Sakurai's vision of Sheik. I never read any of the character data for Sheik in those series since I hadnt played Zelda before.
Since theres alternate dimension stuff going on in the game Sheik could honestly have been anyone. The sages exist in dual dimensions, and know of Link in both present and past tense, its kind of boggling. Unless, Im thinking too into it.

hexVg.jpg

ciD_Vain

It's been a while since I played the original Ocarina of Time, but I think I remember it was possible to do the Shadow Temple before or after the Spirit Temple right? Was there any benefit to doing one first over the other? Ignore if i'm completely wrong.

Bisnic

ciD_Vain said:
It's been a while since I played the original Ocarina of Time, but I think I remember it was possible to do the Shadow Temple before or after the Spirit Temple right? Was there any benefit to doing one first over the other? Ignore if i'm completely wrong.

I always did the Shadow Temple first since its right next to the well where you get the Lens of Truth.

But yeah, i think its just a matter of choice.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
Just beat the game. My god everything from
Ganon's Castle
to the end was beautiful, both in terms of story and graphics. I forgot how great the whole final parts were, and they were stunning the whole time. I have a huge sense of satisfaction at the moment.

Now I'm on the Master Quest. And holy hell is everything being mirrored going to throw me off. I was getting turned around already in Kokiri Forest. I'm currently in the Deku, and I can tell I'm in for a ride Knowing the original dungeons is actually going to hinder me, because I will have to constantly remember not to do things the old way. I'm still working my way through, but my battery almost died so I guess it's a chance to take a break.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
McNum said:
I'm doing pretty good in this game so far. Just cashed in for Biggoron's Sword, but haven't used it on anything yet and I'm up to 16 hearts, or was it 17? In any case I got most Heart Pieces. About to head into Gerudo Valley, which will be amusing. Solid Link is headed for the sneak point.

I learned something that I think is different for OoT 3D, though. The patches of dirt for the Magic Beans don't show as an adult. Didn't they in the N64 version? Speaking of dirt, I've got four left to find, and I can only remember where one is.

The ones I got are:
Road to Zora's Domain
Kakariko Graveyard
Death Mountain Trail
Death Mountain Crater
Lost Woods
Lake Hylia Laboroatory

I know there's one near the
Spirit Temple
, but I can't remember the last three. Anyone got a hint or three?

There are two in the
Lost Woods
I think

Truth101

Banned
Boney said:
haven't you played like Melee or Brawl?

Oh wait you're playing dumb, I forget, carry on.

I have to say Boney that your new avatar is simply delightful. Gravijah's Avatar's baby by any chance?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
VGChampion said:
I don't play in two reasons. I like having the 3DS where it feels comfortable which is not where the 3D would work and it makes me dizzy / gives me eye strain after awhile. Maybe it's just a case of getting older but it just bothers me after awhile.

The 3D is extremely impressive and I turn it on during the little cinematics that play out when you enter new areas but other than that I wouldn't be able to handle it through a regular play session.

Did you never play Melee or Brawl?
DTL is a pretty well known OT section troll.

delta25

Banned
I just beat the water temple for the first time and it feels as If I've just experienced one of the greatest gaming achievements of my life.

Now on to the fire temple I go.

isny

napkin dispenser
I think I'm sequence breaking. I got adult Link, got the hookshot, and then did the ice temple and got the boots and tunic. I missed something didn't I? >.>

Bisnic

isny said:
I think I'm sequence breaking. I got adult Link, got the hookshot, and then did the ice temple and got the boots and tunic. I missed something didn't I? >.>

Like 2 temples.

Aeana

isny said:
Not really. You can do the stuff in adulthood in many different orders.

SmithnCo

isny said:

Just don't do the water temple yet, you need the forest temple's item.

Anilusion

isny said:

Nah, you didn't miss anything. You can do anything in any order pretty much. It's just that a few items are required to progress through certain temples.

PSGames

Fuck just experienced my first system lock-up. In the Lost Woods where you stand on the stump to play a song for the guy I played "Epona's Song" and the whole screen froze. Not sure when's the last time I've saved either. :-/

Gravijah said:
I've found targeting to be easier with gyro, unless you mean that.

target is fine, I'm talking about the minigame in Castle Town. But it's sort of the same thing I believe. I just cant move fast enough with the gyro

Battling
Phantom Ganon
is so good with gyro controls + headphones.

Well that concludes my first experience with the Legend of Zelda. The final boss was a cakewalk, actually the whole dungeon itself, though it was pretty epic. Din's Fire, is honestly my favorite attack in the game and so versatile. I would have liked for magic to restore over time, I was always out even though the bar stretched across the whole screen. 37 hours, and 15 golden spiders. Its no Tolkien Masterpiece as reviews claimed, but, it was a fun decent game that could have used a few modern mechanics.

can you go away tbqh

Well that concludes my first experience with the Legend of Zelda. The final boss was a cakewalk, actually the whole dungeon itself, though it was pretty epic. Din's Fire, is honestly my favorite attack in the game and so versatile. I would have liked for magic to restore over time, I was always out even though the bar stretched across the whole screen. 37 hours, and 15 golden spiders. Its no Tolkien Masterpiece as reviews claimed, but, it was a fun decent game that could have used a few modern mechanics.

About the ending...
they permanently keep the pieces of triforce, ganon too?!

WillyFive

About the ending...
they permanently keep the pieces of triforce, ganon too?!

Sure,
Ganon still needs to have it for Twilight Princess, and obviously link and Zelda passed it down either automatically or literally.

My copy is just sitting on my shelf, awaiting a 3DS to put it in. I had one but had to give it up for financial reasons, but I got that straightened out and I'm getting a new one as early as next week.

How do I do it, GAF?

Gravijah

Anasui Kishibe said:
target is fine, I'm talking about the minigame in Castle Town. But it's sort of the same thing I believe. I just cant move fast enough with the gyro

Huh, I find it a lot easier to use the gyro for those minigames.

Boney said:
we're partners in crime

:)

but not partners in time? :(

brandonh83 said:
My copy is just sitting on my shelf, awaiting a 3DS to put it in. I had one but had to give it up for financial reasons, but I got that straightened out and I'm getting a new one as early as next week.

How do I do it, GAF?

Amazon.com for the great return policy?

isny

napkin dispenser
Muskweeto said:
Yes, I believe Sheik told you about it in the Temple of time, but if you need help
It's where you learned Saria's song.

Yeah, figured it out just before your post.

I think I'm screwed from the scarecrows though. I had chosen all A's for my notes, and when I go back and play 8 A's to him, he doesn't do anything.

Holmes

McNum said:
The ones I got are:
Road to Zora's Domain
Kakariko Graveyard
Death Mountain Trail
Death Mountain Crater
Lost Woods
Lake Hylia Laboroatory

Did you find them? Another one in the Lost Woods (dead end?), one beside the shop in Kokiri Forest, and one at the bottom of Gerudo Valley.

kr2t0s

Finally got a chance to get back to Zelda...sooo hahaha - the epona race. I was using the wrong horse. oops

Figured out how to ride Epona and beat it on my 1st try. Thanks everyone

Bisnic

Man, Ganondorf's room in his castle looks pretty good with the 3DS upgrade. And i had totally forgotten about that Super Multi Shadow Balls of Death spell he rarely use. I HAVE to avoid his regular bouncing ball spell to force him to use it. =/
Feels good to send them back to him with a charged spin attack though!

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I just beat the forest temple and I've been given very little direction on where to go next. I just found the lens and know I need to look for the shadow temple, but all Navi tells me is that there's something suspicious with the cloud over Death Mountain. I'd like to figure this out on my own, but I could be searching for a long time. I'm surprised at the lack of guidance at this stage in the game.

Ramirez

Mutagenic said:
I just beat the forest temple and I've been given very little direction on where to go next. I just found the lens and know I need to look for the shadow temple, but all Navi tells me is that there's something suspicious with the cloud over Death Mountain. I'd like to figure this out on my own, but I could be searching for a long time. I'm surprised at the lack of guidance at this stage in the game.

Seems to me Navi is making it pretty clear on where you should be headed. :p

Bisnic said:
Man, Ganondorf's room in his castle looks pretty good with the 3DS upgrade. And i had totally forgotten about that Super Multi Shadow Balls of Death spell he rarely use. I HAVE to avoid his regular bouncing ball spell to force him to use it. =/
Feels good to send them back to him with a charged spin attack though!
Yeah, I feel sad because I beat him twice, and still never saw it. :( So I've still never seen it.

In the N64 version, he does it a lot more frequently.

Anth0ny

Mutagenic said:

she's totally lying to you

don't head towards the ominous looking cloud over death mountain

I just finished the game. I didnt think it was going to take as long as it did. Most of my time was spent hunting down Gold Skulltulla's and Heart Pieces. Is the hylian loach still in the game?

Play Time - 30:29
Times Played - 28
Average Play Time - 1:05

I think im going to finish up Link's Awakening before I start the Masters Quest.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Ramirez said:
Seems to me Navi is making it pretty clear on where you should be headed. :p
Well I've searched all up and down the mountain, and I'm glad I headed to the well on my own for the lens. I'm sure I need to explore with the lens to find a hidden passage...hopefully.

KarmaCow

Mutagenic said:
Well I've searched all up and down the mountain, and I'm glad I headed to the well on my own for the lens. I'm sure I need to explore with the lens to find a hidden passage...hopefully.

Maybe you should check out your rock eating friends and see how they're doing. Ganondorf already messed with them before when you were a kid.

cacophony

Is there a fairy in or around the Fire Temple. I'm getting owned by the easiest boss in the game.

Also, if you die and use the fairy and then die again, will restarting the DS save your fairy?

Anth0ny said:
she's totally lying to you

don't head towards the ominous looking cloud over death mountain
It isn't called Death Mountain for nothing.

cacophony said:
Is there a fairy in or around the Fire Temple. I'm getting owned by the easiest boss in the game.
You mean Volvagia? The boss that takes away 2-3 hearts per hit? Easiest? :lol
There are fairies close to the Boss's entrance. To the right of the door, IIRC. Hookshot your way there.

Top Bottom