• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Truth101

Banned
Mutagenic said:
Well I've searched all up and down the mountain, and I'm glad I headed to the well on my own for the lens. I'm sure I need to explore with the lens to find a hidden passage...hopefully.

60xHq.jpg

cacophony

Why would you do that? said:
It isn't called Death Mountain for nothing.

You mean Volvagia? The boss that takes away 2-3 hearts per hit? Easiest? :lol
There are fairies close to the Boss's entrance. To the right of the door, IIRC. Hookshot your way there.

Thanks. I don't know about easy but I just feel like I should have beaten it by now (I've tried like 4 times)

Mutagenic said:
Well I've searched all up and down the mountain, and I'm glad I headed to the well on my own for the lens. I'm sure I need to explore with the lens to find a hidden passage...hopefully.

you decided to go to the well to defeat the cloud on top of the mountain?

playing through this and still loving it (as it is my favorite game)

but THANK GOODNESS for a sprint in Skyward Sword. Good lord I forgot how slow you move ROLLROLLROLLROLLROLLROLLROLLROLLROLLROLLROLL

3D effect is really good. Far better than anything else I've seen on the system. Kinda wish it wasn't such a hassle to use on the system, and the motion controls break it. The addition of motion control is neat, although kinda half-baked. Doesn't feel natural even with 3D off. There is a great foundation for other developers to learn from to get over the second analog/camera issue hump.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Mutagenic said:

Here's a tip : Bomb the rolling goron in their city.

It isn't called Death Mountain for nothing.

You mean Volvagia? The boss that takes away 2-3 hearts per hit? Easiest? :lol
There are fairies close to the Boss's entrance. To the right of the door, IIRC. Hookshot your way there.

Yeah, every OoT fan knows Volvagia is the easiest boss by a long mile

so many easy ways to avoid getting hit... even by
falling rocks you just have to drop off the edge of the platform and climb the wall and stay hugged to the edge and wait out the rocks or wait out everything it does only to run and hammer him when he is doing to pop out the holes thing. so many other little things... I went in with two fairy bottled up and ended up not using any of them on Volvagia

spoiler video of how easy Volvagia is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eumgH9Srq3U

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Smiles and Cries said:
you decided to go to the well to defeat the cloud on top of the mountain?
The very first place I went was up to the mountain. Everything was closed down at Goron city. I've bombed that little dude many times so didn't think to again. You'll have to forgive me for not realizing something with him would be triggered for defeating the forest temple. Thanks guys for all those awesome responses!

Mutagenic said:
The very first place I went was up to the mountain. Everything was closed down at Goron city. I've bombed that little dude many times so didn't think to again. You'll have to forgive me for not realizing something with him would be triggered for defeating the forest temple. Thanks guys for all those awesome responses!

IIRC you can just grab a red tunic from the Goron shop.

Bisnic

Mutagenic said:

Did you bombed AND talked to him? He gives you the red tunic which allow you to survive in the volcano, which leads to the Fire Temple.

The Xtortionist said:
You can't bomb the door?

As far as i know, the shop door only open after you talk to the rolling Goron.

Smiles and Cries said:
Yeah, every OoT fan knows Volvagia is the easiest boss by a long mile

so many easy ways to avoid getting hit... even by
falling rocks you just have to drop off the edge of the platform and climb the wall and stay hugged to the edge and wait out the rocks or wait out everything it does only to run and hammer him when he is doing to pop out the holes thing. so many other little things... I went in with two fairy bottled up and ended up not using any of them on Volvagia

spoiler video of how easy Volvagia is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eumgH9Srq3U
I agree that Volvagia's easy if you're used to it, but it's sometimes way too easy to mis-step and touch her, or not get to her fast enough and get swiped by that Dragon Claw. Takes 2-3 hearts. I ended up dying like that in Boss Rush mode. :( At the very least, the first two bosses are definitely easier.

Does Volvagia have a gender? I'm calling it "her" because of that purdy, flowy hair.

Poyunch

I never knew this but you can actually force Volvagia to go down a hole by shooting it with arrows. This only works when it's doing its fire attack. Arrows seem to go through Volvagia when it's flying up to do the boulder thing.

Also does anyone know how to get to the Bean Sprout next to the Gerudo forest as an adult? I forgot how.

Mutagenic said:

On level where the rockeater is rolling,
there a sign. read it. Bomb the little rockeater and you"ll get the red tunic

PounchEnvy said:
I never knew this but you can actually force Volvagia to go down a hole by shooting it with arrows. This only works when it's doing its fire attack. Arrows seem to go through Volvagia when it's flying up to do the boulder thing.

Also does anyone know how to get to the Bean Sprout next to the Gerudo forest as an adult? I forgot how.
I was able to stop Volvagia from throwing boulders down by shooting it as it went in the hole. So I'm assuming it'll work as it leaves the hole.

Also, just fall there. You can fall in the water too, and climb out.

Poyunch

I was able to stop Volvagia from throwing boulders down by shooting it as it went in the hole. So I'm assuming it'll work as it leaves the hole.

Also, just fall there. You can fall in the water too, and climb out.
Blah I guess I just jumped terribly.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I guess I didn't search hard enough for a way to get the red tunic since I didn't realize it was needed to enter the shadow temple. Oh well, bad scavenging on my part.

Willy105 said:
Sure,
Ganon still needs to have it for Twilight Princess, and obviously link and Zelda passed it down either automatically or literally.

This isn't actually true. Ganondorf in the future
keeps the trifoce of power while stuck in the Sacred Realm, and that is why he is able to escape some hundred years later and cause the gods to flood Hyrule.

The Ganondorf of the past hasn't touched the Triforce and didn't even bother with courting the King, he just made an all out assault that landed him in prison and sentenced to death. Because he was fated to have the Triforce in the other timeline, he was thus fated to do so in that timeline. That's why he was able to escape his cuffs and kill a sage before being banished to the Twilight Realm.

As for Link and Zelda: Zelda in future: passes it down her bloodline. Zelda in past: fated, much like Ganondorf. Link: earns it through his courageous deeds. Never really fated to have it other than the Hero of Time.

Gold skulltula spoiler:
Does anyone ever bother collecting all 100 gold skulltula tokens? I have over 50 and got a heart piece, but thats the last worthwhile prize. I was about go for all 100 until I realized the only prize for collecting all 100 was rupees, which is useless. I guess from now on I'll kill any I run into, but won't go out of my way to get tokens.

Synless

The Xtortionist said:
IIRC you can just grab a red tunic from the Goron shop.
I got mine free from just bombing the little rolling goron. I just got to the adult Link part and he opened up everything right away. You don't have to beat the Forrest temple to trigger anything.

cacophony

Just got to the Water Temple, this is my first time.. pray for me.

By the way, how much longer do I have left? I did the Fire Temple.

Bisnic

cacophony said:
Just got to the Water Temple, this is my first time.. pray for me.

By the way, how much longer do I have left? I did the Fire Temple.

Well, you have 3 Temples, 1 mini-dungeon(2 if you count Gerudo Fortress) and Ganon's Castle left. How long it takes you depend on how fast you can do it and if you spend time getting every item upgrades and pieces of heart. :p

finally sat down long enough to get Epona... I kept messing up and touching the walls when I ride on the inside of Ingo - any way to stop my thumb from slipping I covered my thumb with the ends of my t-shirt which kept it solid in place and I controlled the turns better... Ah felt good after messing up so much.

Wasted 30 arrows on one Giant Poe. 9 to go... got to shoot better if I want to finish all these side quests fast

SmithnCo

DIrtyWeasel said:
Gold skulltula spoiler:
Does anyone ever bother collecting all 100 gold skulltula tokens? I have over 50 and got a heart piece, but thats the last worthwhile prize. I was about go for all 100 until I realized the only prize for collecting all 100 was rupees, which is useless. I guess from now on I'll kill any I run into, but won't go out of my way to get tokens.

I probably will for this game eventually but I rarely do, because you're right,
the last skulltula prize is crap, especially when rupees are so easy to get and by the time you get all the skulltulas you probably won't even need rupees. But I guess getting them all is the real prize for completionists.

=HERO=

Neo Member
DIrtyWeasel said:
Gold skulltula spoiler:
it isn't actually just 100 rupees, but the ability to go to the house and get 100 rupees every time. Not much better at the end of the game, though.

SmithnCo said:
I probably will for this game eventually but I rarely do, because you're right,
the last skulltula prize is crap, especially when rupees are so easy to get and by the time you get all the skulltulas you probably won't even need rupees. But I guess getting them all is the real prize for completionists.

what the game needed was a 4 sword that was exclusive and high priced... very powerful but not needed to finish the game. And the only way to really get it was to finish this crazy hunt

that being said I only have 23 of them need the giant wallet at least so I need more of these

=HERO=

Neo Member
Smiles and Cries said:
what the game needed was a 4 sword that was exclusive and high priced... very powerful but not needed to finish the game. And the only way to really get it was to finish this crazy hunt

that being said I only have 23 of them need the giant wallet at least so I need more of these

But there already was a third sword
that was high priced, very powerful, but not needed to finish the game, and the only way to really get it was to finish this crazy hunt :p

Tarin02543

Bisnic said:
As far as i know, the shop door only open after you talk to the rolling Goron.

That shop is only available as a kid. The red tunic is 200 rupees but if you want to buy it the goron just says it is not available for you.

Osuwari

the prize from the skulltula is actually 200 rupees (golden rupee). it would be much more useful if OoT had something like TP's magic armor.

isny

napkin dispenser
So any advice on what I'm doing wrong with the scarecrows? I had mentioned it in a previous post but no one seems to have an answer =(

(I had used all A's for my tune, and now back as adult Link, he won't accept the 8 A's when I play them)

The Lamp

Just got a new 3DS and OoT3D for $200 (thanks Craigslist).

I'm getting used to 3D for the first time and whoa this game is totally different with it.

The anti-aliasing is barely noticeable anyway, so 3D all the way, baby.

BTW I notice ghosting (or if that's what you call the faint remnants of both-sides of the image) in dark places and stuff...like Navi's double-reflection...is that normal?

cacophony

Been playing the water temple for about an hour and I'm confused as fuck. I can't imagine having to pause for the iron boots every time.

Gravijah

The Lamp said:
BTW I notice ghosting (or if that's what you call the faint remnants of both-sides of the image) in dark places and stuff...like Navi's double-reflection...is that normal?

Yeah it is normal.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
isny said:
So any advice on what I'm doing wrong with the scarecrows? I had mentioned it in a previous post but no one seems to have an answer =(

(I had used all A's for my tune, and now back as adult Link, he won't accept the 8 A's when I play them)

You have to go back to the scarecrow at Lake Hylia as an adult first and talk to him.

isny

napkin dispenser
Divvy said:
You have to go back to the scarecrow at Lake Hylia as an adult first and talk to him.

I originally went as young Link, played the song, and now am visiting as adult Link. As adult Link, he just tells me he never forgets a song. (And when I play A 8 times, he does nothing?)

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
isny said:
I originally went as young Link, played the song, and now am visiting as adult Link. As adult Link, he just tells me he never forgets a song. (And when I play A 8 times, he does nothing?)

Oh, I think your song needs to be more complex than just one note over and over again. At least that's based off my memory, I'm not really sure.

PSGames

The Lamp said:
Just got a new 3DS and OoT3D for $200 (thanks Craigslist).

I'm getting used to 3D for the first time and whoa this game is totally different with it.

The anti-aliasing is barely noticeable anyway, so 3D all the way, baby.

Turning the 3D slider to half way fixes the 'ghosting' for me.

cacophony

Ok in the water temple:

I hit the eye with my bow to reveal that longshot panel, but my longshot doesnt reach it. Am I supposed to be able to reach it? because I can't figure out where else I could go

Mrbob

The 3D ghosting in this game is really bad. I turn it way down and I can still see it. Shame because I like the ambient background 3D effects in the game. Off it goes! At least the touch screen menu support is really nice. Makes playing the game a lot less tedious since I don't have to spend a lot of time in the menu system! I appreciate the solid frame rate too.

NateDrake

cacophony said:
Ok in the water temple:

I hit the eye with my bow to reveal that longshot panel, but my longshot doesnt reach it. Am I supposed to be able to reach it? because I can't figure out where else I could go
Nope.
You need to get the weapon of the temple, which is a longer longshot before being able to access the area behind that door.

Synless

PSGames said:
Turning the 3D slider to half way fixes the 'ghosting' for me.
The ghosting problem is weird. So far this is the only game I have had any issue with it. Turning it down to the halfway point does seem to mitigate the problem though.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
NateDrake said:
Nope.
You need to get the weapon of the temple, which is a longer longshot before being able to access the area behind that door.
no, it's the
Longshot
. What he currently has is the
Hookshot

watershed

Banned
Synless said:
The ghosting problem is weird. So far this is the only game I have had any issue with it. Turning it down to the halfway point does seem to mitigate the problem though.
I've had this problem as well. Normally setting the slider at 75% is my sweet spot but for OoT I get ghosting at random times no matter where I set the slider. At this point I just play most of the game in 2d but use 3d for all my hyrule traveling and cut scenes.

oh well planted lots of beans, got a few more heart pieces, finished the Biggoron Sword Trading quest... what else can I do to delay going to the Water Temple?

CoolS

Just finished it in 20.45.

Man, this game surely is one of the best ever. The ending is still as amazing and beautiful in 3D. And the 2nd Staff roll music was just orgasmic. SO looking forward to SS now :)

Will check out MQ later, never played MQ on the GC Disc so it will be interesting to see the changes +mirrored +more enemies with double damage :)

Top Bottom