• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
loosus said:
Seriously, get your eyes checked. If you think the Ocarina of Time cart was "shiny gold" in any league compared to the NES carts, your eyes have suffered some type of damage that deserves immediate medical attention.
Exactly.

56885big.jpg
220px-NES-Zelda-Gold-Cartridge-Small.jpg

Busaiku

Clipper said:
Yeah, the dungeon based Golden Skulltulas in Master Quest are in different locations to where they were in the original quest.
Not only that, but say regarding the Deku Tree, some of the stuff you can't do on your first run through it.
You need Bombs, Bombchus, and the Longshot, at least to get the ones I noticed thus far.

watershed

Banned
Fuzzy said:

Oh I see, I don't have that version. I thought people were saying the newer Zelda's weren't released in shiny gold form not that they use a different paint or material to achieve the shiny effect.

Mistle

Fuzzy said:
Exactly.

56885big.jpg
[IMG.]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/ff/NES-Zelda-Gold-Cartridge-Small.jpg/220px-NES-Zelda-Gold-Cartridge-Small.jpg[/IMG]
Wow, either my cart is very faded, or Australia got a different version, but my cart is nowhere near that gold and sparkly.

loosus

Banned
Mistle said:
Wow, either my cart is very faded, or Australia got a different version, but my cart is nowhere near that gold and sparkly.
Not only is it sparkly, but you can literally see your face in it if your position it just right (especially on the sides of the cart, where it's smoother). It was an amazing cartridge. Nintendo would never do it now.

Oh, and I doubt yours is faded because my NES Zelda carts are still about as bright and shiny today. It's a literally reflective paint.

Clipper

Busaiku said:
Not only that, but say regarding the Deku Tree, some of the stuff you can't do on your first run through it.
You need Bombs, Bombchus, and the Longshot, at least to get the ones I noticed thus far.
You can't do all the stuff in the normal quest either. You also need Bombs in the original Deku Tree. Master Quest does add a few more cases of required backtracking, though, I agree.

Kard8p3

BY2K said:
I still have it and it's amazing. Make that 3DS remake, Nintendo! DO IT!

One of the main reasons I want a remake to happen is so I can read the Iwata Asks about it. The development of Majora's Mask has to be an interesting one.

Amalthea

Banned
Yesterday I caught the biggest fish in the pond without reeling him in.
He bit at the last possible inch before the hook was back on land so it took just a second to catch him.

Pretty neat. After all I spent months in the original game to get him.

Social

One thing I noticed during my playtime with Zelda OOT 3DS is that just like when I was a kid, I do not like this Zelda that much. A lot of it didn't make sense when it was first released ( at least to me ), things like that running man quest, the chests with a heart or a rupee, having way too many rupees all the time, the cows... it all felt a bit unfinished or lacking.

Still having that same feeling today. I'm more in love with all the beta quest/leftover stuff instead.

And yes to Majora please, I loved that one much more, the main music themes were a lot more fun :) (clocktown, termina)

Has anyone else experienced lag in the game? Today I was playing inside the room with all pots as a child in Hyrule castle and I slashed a couple of pots when all of a sudden it took nearly 5 seconds for the camera to align correctly. oh and Link was also moving, but at the pace of a snail.

thegreatchamp said:
Has anyone else experienced lag in the game? Today I was playing inside the room with all pots as a child in Hyrule castle and I slashed a couple of pots when all of a sudden it took nearly 5 seconds for the camera to align correctly. oh and Link was also moving, but at the pace of a snail.
I haven't seen it that bad, but that is the room with the worst slowdown in the game - just too much going on.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
MAtgS said:
Screwattack's rereview. Yeah, they pretty much had to do that 1 over.

Craig's already given his thoughts of the game in his own review.

But what does Jared think? Is it any different?

That made me lol.

That video is actually the best visual representation of the game I've seen so far. In many instances, it looks really gorgeous (death mountain, Lake Hylia and the Shadow Temple in particular).

It's pretty much what I guessed. The main upgrades were the textures. Everything else, like the character models (minus Link) is either minimally modified, or pretty much identical (fire/water effects).

My japanese version is finally here! Couldn't go very far though, battery turned red just before Gohma.
Still, 3D effect is cool even with the aliasing, 2D is really sharp, furigana added everywhere is quite nice.

Philll

Banned
Tricky I Shadow said:
Did the actual game come in the box too or was it separate?

Came in the box as well. Not properly fitted, just floating around.

I am loving this so much. There are no rose tinted glasses, this is just a solid game. I wish they would remake more classics like this (as in, remake, not re-imagine) rather than rehash modern garbage.

Mohonky

Philll said:
Finally came in the post

oot.jpg

Picked mine up also, same version. Ocarina is surprisingly solid, was expecting a cheap piece of plastic crap but it's actually a really solid well finished little trinket. Was gutted to find the game cartridge wasn't gold though!

dwu8991

Banned
Mohonky said:
Picked mine up also, same version. Ocarina is surprisingly solid, was expecting a cheap piece of plastic crap but it's actually a really solid well finished little trinket. Was gutted to find the game cartridge wasn't gold though!

Need to see the inside and back cover as well !!!!

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
This is incredibly cheesy, pointless and unfunny but I took some screen-shots just for the hell of it...from my DSi.
Spoilers to those who haven't seen the ending though.

Also some bonus picture for those curious what it would look like if I took a picture with 3D turned on.

I was crazy to want it for the regular DS. It just wouldn't have worked as well.
Not to mention it would look like this or worse. http://oi55.tinypic.com/11lscox.jpg Nintendo please use this exact same engine again and make a new Zelda from it. Or give Majora's Mask this treatment. You know what I would love that, but anyways this is how 3D portable Zelda games should play like. None of that touch-screen only crap I had to deal with for Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

Overall the game is great as I remembered it. This game gets 5 shiny knights out of 5.

f6jn.wiggle.gif

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Smiles and Cries said:
thanks guys, damn that chicken. I have not tried the boomerang yet should that not work even better? Ah going on a heartpiece hunt
When you open the door of time, you should be able to have
________10__________
Heart containers.

Roto13

Fuzzy said:
IIRC you can't use the boomerang to get heart pieces.
Yeah you can. :p
Smiles and Cries said:
damn the well is annoying keep falling into holes
Here's what you do.
Follow the water until you reach a triforce symbol, play Zelda's Lullaby, then backtrack to the newly-accessible crawlspace at the bottom of the hole at the entrance to that room. The rest is straightforward. :p
You'll have to explore more if you want skulltulas or whatever, but if all you want is to get the item and leave, that's the way to do it. I don't like to spend any more time at the bottom of the well than I have to. :p
Mistle said:
Just came across this, sorry if it's already been posted.

I can't believe the time and talent some people have. It takes a certain type of person to be able to create something like this. It's insanely awesome XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-4u5L4um0c
I lost it at the
shrieking Great Fairy.

rhino4evr

Linkzg said:
these fish make me so angry bite the goddamn lure already
I got really lucky with fishing this time around. Caught a 10 pound fish on my second try as a kid and a 16 pound fish on my third try as an adult.

What do I do when the ringing thing starts going off? It's supposed to ring when there is a nearby secret, but I tried bombing for a hole and nothing comes. It was near a tree with a gold skulltula in it but I already got it. Will the thing continue to ring even after I collect the secret?

Also, what happens when you wave your deku stick around butterflies? I tried, and nothing happened, but one of the mask stones suggested something cool will happen.

Fixed1979

So I'm thinking that I'm terrible at this game. I've been really enjoying it but I've been having a hard time figuring out how to advance without resorting to a walkthrough. Maybe I just don't have the patience required to explore every area several times in order to find out how to move ahead in the game or maybe I'm just playing it wrong, I haven't tried to really get into a Zelda since the original and I was terrible at that as well.

SmithnCo

Fixed1979 said:
So I'm thinking that I'm terrible at this game. I've been really enjoying it but I've been having a hard time figuring out how to advance without resorting to a walkthrough. Maybe I just don't have the patience required to explore every area several times in order to find out how to move ahead in the game or maybe I'm just playing it wrong, I haven't tried to really get into a Zelda since the original and I was terrible at that as well.

Are you listening to Navi, playing Saria's Song to get hints, or using the Sheikah Stones? They all help in telling you where to go.

The Lamonster said:
What do I do when the ringing thing starts going off? It's supposed to ring when there is a nearby secret, but I tried bombing for a hole and nothing comes. It was near a tree with a gold skulltula in it but I already got it. Will the thing continue to ring even after I collect the secret?

Also, what happens when you wave your deku stick around butterflies? I tried, and nothing happened, but one of the mask stones suggested something cool will happen.
Try playing the
Song of Storms

Leezard

The Lamonster said:
You get a fairy. I dont think you need to attack with it though, just calmly walking around or standing still should be enough. (It's supposed to be a butterfly "landing" on the stick or something like that.)

Top Bottom