• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Anth0ny said:
there's a shortcut to the boat. but you still have to fight the stalfos. the boss is super easy, though

be thankful this isn't LTTP. god damn would they make you replay dungeons if you got killed by the boss. I'd be down to only a few hearts by the time I was back in the boss' chamber most of the time >_>
Yes. Having to go through places like the ice dungeon(can't remember the name) were torture.
Why is this still sold out everywhere? You'd think nintendo could have made enough copies to at least sell to everyone that already had a 3DS.
They probably didn't think it would sell all that much. With that said it's strange some stores are swamped with lots of copies and then other areas are sold out fairly quickly after getting a shipment.

Roto13 said:
Equip the hover boots so you don't get stunned when you bounce, shoot him in the hands, then shoot him in the eye to stun him and stab him a few times. With the biggoron's sword it's possible to take him out with six arrows and two stuns.
Ah, thanks. I happened to finish the BGS trading sequence earlier today, so I'll give that strategy a shot.

mandiller

I got the game in the mail today finally and I'm loving it so far. A adventure game like this is a great use of the 3DS's 3D screen. I've beaten Twilight Princess before but this is my first time playing through OoT so I should have a ball with this.

I've just beaten the Deku Tree dungeon and now out into the world.

*edit* Holy shit at Link's face when he gets the Ocarina on the bridge
KuGsj.gif

Bdzh3.jpg

mandiller said:
I got the game in the mail today finally and I'm loving it so far. A adventure game like this is a great use of the 3DS's 3D screen. I've beaten Twilight Princess before but this is my first time playing through OoT so I should have a ball with this.

I've just beaten the Deku Tree dungeon and now out into the world.
That's awesome. OoT is simply a treat from start to finish. Enjoy!

mandiller

Geez. I could just stare at the stars in night sky. They twinkle and look quite real. They've done a fantastic job with attention to little details.

those two heart pieces at Zora's River (lower/upper river) are just there to tease me? I cannot seem to get them at all even when I ride that plant...

is there an easy way that I am missing?

cacophony

Smiles and Cries said:
those two heart pieces at Zora's River (lower/upper river) are just there to tease me? I cannot seem to get them at all even when I ride that plant...

I know you can use a chicken to get them (I think you have to be kid link though). There is probably another way (hover boots maybe? I haven't tried)

watershed

Banned
Smiles and Cries said:

Use
the chicken

edit: beaten hard :(

Clipper

Kard8p3 said:
Has Nintendo already started sending out the soundtrack? Some people have already started uploading it on youtube.
The Japanese version started shipping. US one starts shipping on July 5. I'm not sure when the European ones will ship, but it will probably be nearby the US date.

Smiles and Cries said:

I can't remember which ones you are talking about exactly, but don't forget the cuccos that roam that area.

Beaten twice, I guess... though I'm the only one to call them by their proper name :p.

florn

Neo Member
Smiles and Cries said:

I can only remember one piece of heart in that area offhand, but the one at the end you need to carry the chicken you find at the beginning to get to it.

Edit: Beaten to it, repeatedly XD

Clipper

Busaiku said:
Huh, so Master Quest makes it so I can't get Gold Skulltulas in the same manner...
Yeah, the dungeon based Golden Skulltulas in Master Quest are in different locations to where they were in the original quest.

Clipper said:
Yeah, the dungeon based Golden Skulltulas in Master Quest are in different locations to where they were in the original quest.

Do the difficulty of the monsters themself increase in Master Quest, to the best of your knowledge?

Thanks in advance.

watershed

Banned
Philll said:
Finally came in the post

oot.jpg
Wait what is that? Some kind of special preorder edition of OoT3D and I think it looks pretty tight. Its got a SNES type feel to it. Not sure why I think that but it looks a little retro to me, something about the simplicity of it.

Gravijah

Smiles and Cries said:
thanks guys, damn that chicken. I have not tried the boomerang yet should that not work even better? Ah going on a heartpiece hunt

I kept jumping off of the plant until I got lucky, haha.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Smiles and Cries said:
thanks guys, damn that chicken. I have not tried the boomerang yet should that not work even better? Ah going on a heartpiece hunt
IIRC you can't use the boomerang to get heart pieces.

Clipper

Nora Kisaragi said:
Do the difficulty of the monsters themself increase in Master Quest, to the best of your knowledge?

Thanks in advance.
Apart from the new, game-wide double-damage thing that's been applied to the Master Quest, each enemy type is the same as it has always been. However, there are more enemies and tougher enemies in each of the dungeons. Expect to be fighting a few more Iron Knuckles as Child Link and so on.

artwalknoon said:
Wait what is that? Some kind of special preorder edition of OoT3D and I think it looks pretty tight. Its got a SNES type feel to it. Not sure why I think that but it looks a little retro to me, something about the simplicity of it.
It's a special Aussie version of the game that only EB in Australia is selling. It comes with a plastic ocarina and fingering guide for a few Zelda songs.

Philll

Banned
artwalknoon said:

It's the edition that comes with the Ocarina.

The Ocarina that sounds like garbage even if you follow the instructions <_<

Kato

PumpkinPie said:
Jeez, that box is terrible :/

Idd. Get rid of the ocarina in the triforce, get rid of the ocarina edition title and for the love of everything that is holy: that rating sticker..... :(

On the other hand, gratz on the game mate, enjoy it ;)

Poyunch

GLgzFl.jpg

Was this a glitch? I took this like the day the game launched but I haven't heard a thing about it. When I was Young Link and I was just about to leave Kokiri Village I checked the Kokiri dude that's right next to the door and he was stuck in this pose. I don't remember if he looked like that in the original but I found it funny since it looked like a "Come at me Bro" pose.
Clipper said:
Apart from the new, game-wide double-damage thing that's been applied to the Master Quest, each enemy type is the same as it has always been. However, there are more enemies and tougher enemies in each of the dungeons. Expect to be fighting a few more Iron Knuckles as Child Link and so on.

It's a special Aussie version of the game that only EB in Australia is selling. It comes with a plastic ocarina and fingering guide for a few Zelda songs.
Isn't there a heart limit with bosses as well? I think it was three hearts as Young Link and five as Adult Link.

loosus

Banned
Why hasn't Nintendo released anything in the shiny-gold paint since the Zelda 2 cartridge?

I cannot express to you how special that made getting the first Zelda game. There was just something magical about putting a shiny piece of gold in your NES. But with the N64, we got those shitty, dull-gold carts. Hell, I prefer the gray to that.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Well, finished Master Quest. After the remake, I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to the N64 version.

Now, onto wait for Skyward Sword.

watershed

Banned
loosus said:
Why hasn't Nintendo released anything in the shiny-gold paint since the Zelda 2 cartridge?

I cannot express to you how special that made getting the first Zelda game. There was just something magical about putting a shiny piece of gold in your NES. But with the N64, we got those shitty, dull-gold carts. Hell, I prefer the gray to that.
Hmm? To what are you referring? My OoT for the N64 was shiny gold and the box was as well. Same for WW both the box and minidisc. Can't remember for TP though.

Anth0ny

loosus said:

what the hell, the gold N64 carts were great.

I'm disappointed that the OOT 3DS cart isn't gold. That would have been an awesome homage.

same with the DS Pokemon games =(

Gravijah

GameCube version boxart is wayyy better.

Anth0ny said:
what the hell, the gold N64 carts were great.

I'm disappointed that the OOT 3DS cart isn't gold. That would have been an awesome homage.

same with the DS Pokemon games =(

Sadly, those days are gone and I don't understand why. I guess you can pretend the Pokemon Black cart is properly colored.

Kard8p3

Clipper said:
The Japanese version started shipping. US one starts shipping on July 5. I'm not sure when the European ones will ship, but it will probably be nearby the US date.

Ah I see. It seems to be quite good but they left out the Ganons Castle theme which I don't understand. They seem to have all the other dungeon themes.

Clipper

PounchEnvy said:
It's a retailer package. Nintendo didn't do this.
While the box art probably is mostly created by EB Aus, Nintendo would have had to okay it due to the use of copyrighted elements in the art.

Muskweeto

artwalknoon said:
Hmm? To what are you referring? My OoT for the N64 was shiny gold and the box was as well. Same for WW both the box and minidisc. Can't remember for TP though.
Compared to the NES games the rest are dull. The NES ones actually glimmer in the light.

Edit: I'm talking about the actual cartridge.

Poyunch

Clipper said:
While the box art probably is mostly created by EB Aus, Nintendo would have had to okay it due to the use of copyrighted elements in the art.
Well yeah but what I'm saying is the retailer most likely chose what to package with the game.

Clipper

Gravijah said:
Sadly, those days are gone and I don't understand why. I guess you can pretend the Pokemon Black cart is properly colored.
There is a possibility we'll get something cool with Skyward Sword. NSMB Wii had a red case and Zangeki no Reginleiv&#8203; had a black case, so it is possible they could release SS in a gold case, which would be pretty awesome.

watershed

Banned
Muskweeto said:
Compared to the NES games the rest are dull. The NES ones actually glimmer in the light.

Edit: I'm talking about the actual cartridge.

I'm so confused, between you and loosus saying the cartridges/discs/boxes aren't gold or shiny I don't understand what's going on! All I know is my boxes, discs, and cartridges for most if not all the zeldas I own are both gold and shiny as in they reflect light. Am I wrong? Were there non-gold, non-shiny versions released later or something?

In regards to your edit, I just checked my OoT cartridge for the N64 and its definitely shiny, same for my WW disc, and both their boxes. Shiny and gold all around.

Philll

Banned
Clipper said:

The whole thing is tacky too.

The music sheet looks like something from a 12 year old's "My first word doc".

I think I only paid $10 extra, but I kind of wish I didn't now

The Lamp

My grandmother and my mother think video games are silly/stupid.

The Wii got them to consider gaming, but just wow. I showed them a 3DS and the Ocarina of Time trailer.

My grandmother smiled and said "I can see why you spend so much time with these things now" and my mother giggled and grabbed it out of my hands "Wow that looks fantastic!"

The glasses-less 3D captivated them.

I don't know how Nintendo does it but there's a possibility my grandmother, a woman who thought my brain was rotting by having fun with video games, might be playing Ocarina of Time before she dies. That blows my mind.

loosus

Banned
artwalknoon said:
Seriously, get your eyes checked. If you think the Ocarina of Time cart was "shiny gold" in any league compared to the NES carts, your eyes have suffered some type of damage that deserves immediate medical attention.

Mistle

Philll said:
The whole thing is tacky too.

The music sheet looks like something from a 12 year old's "My first word doc".

I think I only paid $10 extra, but I kind of wish I didn't now
What about the ocarina itself? I know it's plastic, but does it sound at least kind of good? lol

I havent picked up my order yet so I'm wondering if it'd be worth it to cancel it. It's only like $9 extra, but yeah.

BY2K said:
Wii version:
[IMG.]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y101/Neiteio/TwilightPrincess-BoxartFinal-Resize.jpg[/IMG]
(The Triforce is shinny.)

Gamecube version:
[IM.G]http://gamecube.gaming-universe.de/screens/boxart_us_the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess.jpg[/IMG]

(TP had a great boxart, may I add.)

Wow I didn't realise there was a specific Wii version. In Australia at least, the they both look like the GC one.

Philll

Banned
Mistle said:
What about the ocarina itself? I know it's plastic, but does it sound at least kind of good? lol

I havent picked up my order yet so I'm wondering if it'd be worth it to cancel it. It's only like $9 extra, but yeah.

Sounds like balls

Top Bottom