• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

There are
eyes that you can hit with the Bow to gain entry to new rooms or to rotate twisting corridors. Look for them above corridor entrances and above doors.

Nocturnowl said:
I'm trying to use that map and my knowledge to my advantage but I haven't settled on anything concrete yet,
I guess i'll start by asking if you have untwisted any of the two corridors yet by hitting the bow switches? (though the second corridor switch could be behind a locked door, I forget)
I think you're right he needs to untwist the 1st corridor.

Gooster said:
Wow. WTF did I do?

Forest Temple spoilers:

I have no Small Keys and I've lit an orange and a blue flame in the main area. I can't go anywhere. I have the bow, dungeon, and compass. I see two places on the first floor with chests, one in an area with a locked door and another that seems high up and inaccessible even with the Hookshot.

Basically I don't know where the hell else to find keys.

Link

I had a similar problem.

Did you get the key right outside the main entrance up in the tree?

radioheadrule83 said:
There are
eyes that you can hit with the Bow to gain entry to new rooms or to rotate twisting corridors. Look for them above corridor entrances and above doors.

I have seen one or two of those, but have not looked where you specifically mention, so I shall do just that.

I have been through two twisted corridors: one leading to a room with the giant blue chest "against the wall," and another corridor had two flying skulls in it.

Thanks for the help, guys!

Code_Link

Finally got it. Did any of you NOT get any coins when you registered at Club Nintendo? Because I did not get my 30 coins... :(

rhino4evr

MrGame&Watch said:
Water temple is still so god damn annoying. Finally beat it on the train this morning.
I actually enjoyed it for once. Mainly because I didn't have the same problems I used to having to constantly pause to move up and down underwater. The room with the current was Sooooooooo much easier.

berg ark

With all the hype around Ocarina of Time 3DS, I decided to re-play the game a few weeks ago on my old N64. I'm currently in the Spirit Temple. A few days ago my little sister of 10 years showed some interest in the game, and sat down beside me while I was playing. Yesterday I helped her to set up a new character. When I woke up today I found out that she had played through Lost Woods and had got to the Hyrule Market, all by herself! I was plesantly suprised! I'm thinking of getting her a 3DS with OoT. From what I've seen, the 3D looks very promising! But is it worth the money? Should I wait until the price drops, is it a new gaming experience that I'm missing out on?

Levyne

Banned
berg ark said:
With all the hype around Ocarina of Time 3DS, I decided to re-play the game a few weeks ago on my old N64. I'm currently in the Spirit Temple. A few days ago my little sister of 10 years showed some interest in the game, and sat down beside me while I was playing. Yesterday I helped her to set up a new character. When I woke up today I found out that she had played through Lost Woods and had got to the Hyrule Market, all by herself! I was plesantly suprised! I'm thinking of getting her a 3DS with OoT. From what I've seen, the 3D looks very promising! But is it worth the money? Should I wait until the price drops, is it a new gaming experience that I'm missing out on?

Daww. But we were all 10ish (some more some less hehe) when we first played through it, so remember not to hold her hand too much if her interest in the game continues.

MedIC86

I have a (maybe stupid) question:

Can you do everything in OoT at any given moment ? i mean are there certain side quest items etc that are only achieveable in one specific moment in the game, or can you switch back between young and adult link at your own discretion and do everything you want.

Roto13

A few events only trigger after doing certain unrelated things, and some areas are only reachable with certain items. You can go pretty much anywhere as soon as you beat the first dungeon but you won't be able to do much in most of those places right away.

You can eventually go back and forth in time at your discretion. Nothing is permanently missable. (Well, anymore. :p)

MedIC86 said:
I have a (maybe stupid) question:

Can you do everything in OoT at any given moment ? i mean are there certain side quest items etc that are only achieveable in one specific moment in the game, or can you switch back between young and adult link at your own discretion and do everything you want.

When you become an adult and complete the first adult dungeon, you can switch back to being a child again simply by warping to or revisiting the Temple of Time.

In Majora's Mask, there was a specific day-time system where you could only do things at certain times of day, or even on certain days in the 3 day period -- but Ocarina of Time isn't like that. Some side quests are intended for child link, others for adult link, and some will need you to be in certain places either at day or at night. As Roto says, there are some sidequests that you can't really do until you've got the right item, or until you've reached a certain stage in the game. Its not overly obtuse though, you tend to know whether or not you can do something. When you get to the final two dungeons, there is actually some time travelling required in order to access and beat those dungeons.

Futureman

If I'm playing Zelda and I just close the lid without even pausing the game, can I still receive Streetpass? Or do I have to actually suspend the game and have my 3DS on the main menu?

Futureman said:
If I'm playing Zelda and I just close the lid without even pausing the game, can I still receive Streetpass? Or do I have to actually suspend the game and have my 3DS on the main menu?

I wish I had two 3DS' so I could experiment --- because I've got a feeling its the latter. When I jump back to the menu I always have a moment of no connection before the streetpass logo appears in the top left corner.

I think I might just be paranoid though... because I want street passes so badly.

Skilletor

Futureman said:

You can just close the lid. I've gotten all of my DoA outfits this way.

Oh, wait. Is streetpass different from spotpass? I get the terms confused. :(

berg ark

Khold said:
Daww. But we were all 10ish (some more some less hehe) when we first played through it, so remember not to hold her hand too much if her interest in the game continues.

I won't! :) It's very fun to see how she progresses throughout the game by herself, I can relate to my memories of the first playthrough, good times, good times!

Futureman

Skilletor said:
You can just close the lid. I've gotten all of my DoA outfits this way.

Oh, wait. Is streetpass different from spotpass? I get the terms confused. :(

ah hah. Ya. I think spotpass is for stuff like Best Buy where you can come to the store and download videos and shit.

Streetpass is when you just randomly pass another 3DS and you get their Mii. But if they are playing a game like DOA, it can also give you costumes and stuff in that game.

I..... think. Someone correct me if wrong.

Seeing how Zelda seems to disable the wireless, what I've been doing before I close the lid is just hit the home button so the state is saved in Zelda but the wireless gets activated again.

Upon exploring Hyrule Market 13 years ago, I went up some stairs and around a corner. It led me to a back alley that I had to explore from the ground and taught me there were many hidden doors in the area. It was then that I noticed the door at the drawbridge where the guard teaches you to roll attack crates. Also fun was the first time I tried
bombing truth stones
. I tried to make everything explode when I got that power. Cuccos, bridges, etc.

I am at a bit of a loss however. The
shard of agony
is flashing in Kakariko Village just past the tree at te entrance. Bombs and the
song of storms
don't seem to have any effect. Do I need to return to young link? Same thing happens at the lakeside laboratory where Navi flashes green on the roof.

KarmaCow

Nintendo Playstation said:
I am at a bit of a loss however. The
shard of agony
is flashing in Kakariko Village just past the tree at te entrance. Bombs and the
song of storms
don't seem to have any effect. Do I need to return to young link? Same thing happens at the lakeside laboratory where Navi flashes green on the roof.

Bombs worked for as young Link, never tried with adult Link but it should work too. Move around a bit and try agian.

As for when Navi turns green that means
you can summon a scarecrow to use your hook/longshot on. You need to teach the scarecrow at Lake Hylia a song as young Link and come back and play it again for him as adult Link before you can use it to summon scarecrows though.

Pyrokai

JPBrowncoat said:
Seeing how Zelda seems to disable the wireless, what I've been doing before I close the lid is just hit the home button so the state is saved in Zelda but the wireless gets activated again.

Did we ever find out if this is a glitch or if it is supposed to do that? Lame if it is, imo. I want people to see I'm playing it!

Futureman

Pyrokai said:
Did we ever find out if this is a glitch or if it is supposed to do that? Lame if it is, imo. I want people to see I'm playing it!

No one on here has two 3DS's or a friend with one to test it out?

Finally beat the Water Temple. No matter how frustrating this temple is, it's still brilliantly designed. Actually, every dungeon/temple in this game is brilliantly designed, still the best level designs ever in a game.

And I can't catch a damn fish as adult Link.
I caught a 13lb but I didn't get the gold scale. I think I read you need to catch a 19lb. Any tips on how to do this and where the fish is located at the pond?

Poyunch

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Finally beat the Water Temple. No matter how frustrating this temple is, it's still brilliantly designed. Actually, every dungeon/temple in this game is brilliantly designed, still the best level designs ever in a game.

And I can't catch a damn fish as adult Link.
I caught a 13lb but I didn't get the gold scale. I think I read you need to catch a 19lb. Any tips on how to do this and where the fish is located at the pond?
The big fish has always been in the center of the pond. It's usually sitting next to the log.

The Lamonster said:
I am still bitter about Adult Link not being in Majora's Mask. And Fierce Deity for 2 minutes doesn't count.
I'm not. Badass Young Link was way cooler than Adult Link.

The Lamonster said:
I am still bitter about Adult Link not being in Majora's Mask. And Fierce Deity for 2 minutes doesn't count.
How could he be? He's in the other dimension from when the timeline split.
:trollface:

I didn't mind his absence. I thought that Link was more than capable as he was.

PounchEnvy said:
The big fish has always been in the center of the pond. It's usually sitting next to the log.
Yeah, I think I caught a big fish but it got away. Usually I like the mini-games in Zelda but I never liked the fishing.

I just don't have the patience!

Gino

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Yeah, I think I caught a big fish but it got away. Usually I like the mini-games in Zelda but I never liked the fishing.

I just don't have the patience!

I figured out a way to catch the fish every time. What you do it push against the way it is swimming but only for a short time and then repeat. If you look closely every time you push against the fish comes closer but if you hold it then he eventually recovers and you get tension.

Basically continually push to the side and hold it for 1-3 seconds then let go and repeat. I haven't lost a fish sense I started using this method and I must have lost EVERY big fish before.

Gino said:
I figured out a way to catch the fish every time. What you do it push against the way it is swimming but only for a short time and then repeat. If you look closely every time you push against the fish comes closer but if you hold it then he eventually recovers and you get tension.

Basically continually push to the side and hold it for 1-3 seconds then let go and repeat. I haven't lost a fish sense I started using this method and I must have lost EVERY big fish before.
Thanks for the advice. I'll try that next time.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Typographenia said:
How could he be? He's in the other dimension from when the timeline split.
:trollface:

I didn't mind his absence. I thought that Link was more than capable as he was.

Beside, i prefer young Link model in OOT 3D than adult Link. More of him in a MM 3D game is alright.

Poyunch

How About No said:
I remember when I first saw the little guy do the cartwheel jumps at the beginning :eek:
Such a boss. I was hoping they'd do that for the remake but it makes sense for him not to do that since MM Link is way more confident than Young OoT Link.

Balb

Roto13 said:
Young Link 4 lyf. Little dude did a lot more awesome shit in Termina than Adult Link did in Hyrule, for sure.

I like Adult Link more in general but he wouldn't really fit in MM. The whole mask motif would lose a lot of its charm/humor and run into creepy territory (especially with the dance and fairy masks).

Disguises

Futureman said:
No one on here has two 3DS's or a friend with one to test it out?
I tried it. Seems to shut off wireless communication when you play the game so you can't see each other online. Hitting HOME and bringing up the menu eventually makes it work, but returning to the game, once again, shuts it off. Has anyone else tested this further? I only tried for 5 minutes.

Top Bottom