• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Futureman said:
ah hah. Ya. I think spotpass is for stuff like Best Buy where you can come to the store and download videos and shit.

Streetpass is when you just randomly pass another 3DS and you get their Mii. But if they are playing a game like DOA, it can also give you costumes and stuff in that game.

I..... think. Someone correct me if wrong.

Streetpass is 3DS to 3DS communications.

Spotpass is Internet to 3DS communications.

Ok, WTF at the shadow dungeon boss. Everything in this game had been pretty much easy sailing, and then I get to this guy. I know what I'm SUPPOSED to do, it's just actually doing it that's the hard part. Is there any way to get out of his hands faster if you get caught? I just tap the A button really fast. And is there and easier way to hit his hands? I can get one, but then I keep locking onto the hand I already hit, and next thing I know the other hand is above me and then smashes and grabs me. When I finally DO get to hit him, I have trouble getting up to his eye to slash him with my sword in time before he's back up and at the same thing again.

What am I doing wrong? Or at least, what can I do to alleviate the annoyances I'm having with this boss.

Having fairies in all your bottles should help. As for battle tactics, I'm not at that part yet but I'm sure there are some YouTube guides out there.

PigSpeakers said:
Ok, WTF at the shadow dungeon boss. Everything in this game had been pretty much easy sailing, and then I get to this guy. I know what I'm SUPPOSED to do, it's just actually doing it that's the hard part. Is there any way to get out of his hands faster if you get caught? I just tap the A button really fast. And is there and easier way to hit his hands? I can get one, but then I keep locking onto the hand I already hit, and next thing I know the other hand is above me and then smashes and grabs me. When I finally DO get to hit him, I have trouble getting up to his eye to slash him with my sword in time before he's back up and at the same thing again.

What am I doing wrong? Or at least, what can I do to alleviate the annoyances I'm having with this boss.
Are you using the bow? Bow the hands, bow the eye, slash slash slash.

Aquavelvaman said:
Are you using the bow? Bow the hands, bow the eye, slash slash slash.

Yeah, but I'm having trouble hitting the hands with the bow. He keeps hitting the ground and making me bounce up. I thought maybe the iron boots would help, but it didn't.

Gino

PigSpeakers said:
Yeah, but I'm having trouble hitting the hands with the bow. He keeps hitting the ground and making me bounce up. I thought maybe the iron boots would help, but it didn't.

use the other boots... you know the ones you got in that dungeon.

GJS

PigSpeakers said:
If that is a problem for you then use the hover boots

Yuterald

Finished the game the other night and loved it. OoT is still my favorite Zelda game, well, at least it's my favorite 3D Zelda game. All the dungeons are so perfectly designed. All the side stuff, gathering heart containers, gold skulltulas, etc. is just so addicting once you have all the tools. I'm currently trying to 100% the normal game again before I move onto Master Quest.

One question though as I've seen this mentioned on GameFaqs quite a bit. Did anyone here have trouble finding all the scattered heart containers? I'm missing 1 heart container and I've double checked the Faq/list for it and I swear I've been everywhere and done everything related to the heart pieces. It's driving me nuts! I've also read that there is a heart container graveyard dig glitch where Dampe can dig up an infinite amount of heart pieces. There is a youtube video for it and everything. I don't think this existed in any other version so Its got me wondering now.

Did my game glitch out or something and not count one of my heart containers? I'll double check the guide again, but I'm pretty sure I collected all 36 of them.

Yuterald said:
Finished the game the other night and loved it. OoT is still my favorite Zelda game, well, at least it's my favorite 3D Zelda game. All the dungeons are so perfectly designed. All the side stuff, gathering heart containers, gold skulltulas, etc. is just so addicting once you have all the tools. I'm currently trying to 100% the normal game again before I move onto Master Quest.

One question though as I've seen this mentioned on GameFaqs quite a bit. Did anyone here have trouble finding all the scattered heart containers? I'm missing 1 heart container and I've double checked the Faq/list for it and I swear I've been everywhere and done everything related to the heart pieces. It's driving me nuts! I've also read that there is a heart container graveyard dig glitch where Dampe can dig up an infinite amount of heart pieces. There is a youtube video for it and everything. I don't think this existed in any other version so Its got me wondering now.

Did my game glitch out or something and not count one of my heart containers? I'll double check the guide again, but I'm pretty sure I collected all 36 of them.
I loved the TP feature where the fortune teller showed you which ones you still needed. That should be in every Zelda from now on.

besiktas1

Yeah I said I wouldn't but I'm back out of desperation :)

I can't find the bottle in Lake Hylia. I spoke to the king, got the scale, went through the hole... nothing there :(

Heeelp

Jackano

Yuterald said:

Same here, I gave up and I'm on Master Quest now. I know OoT by heart but can't figure out which one I didn't get. Very frustrating. I triple checked with a list... Can't be a new glitch?!

I loved the TP feature where the fortune teller showed you which ones you still needed. That should be in every Zelda from now on.
Yeah but like I said by exposing the same problem as Yuterald a few pages ago, this needs to be a feature that is accessible at the near end of the game, unless it will ruin the fun. And make it at a high cost in rupees, and not gave it to the gamers for the miserable 50rupees ones in TP. Tingle and his maps was very expensive in TWW and it was a good way to spent rupees.

eXistor

besiktas1 said:
Yeah I said I wouldn't but I'm back out of desperation :)

I can't find the bottle in Lake Hylia. I spoke to the king, got the scale, went through the hole... nothing there :(

Heeelp
When you get in the short-cut to Lake Hylia, one of the first things you see is a bottle against a pillar on the bottom of the lake. It's really close to where you come from too, like a few meters away.

besiktas1

Fucking hell what a waste of 30 minutes. Found it :s

I want to switch it off now, but seriously can't be bothered to load it up back from my house and trek all the way back. Times like this I wish there was quick save....

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Okay I feel like an idiot, but how do you access boss mode? All I see in the menu is normal and master quest buttons.

Ultima_5

besiktas1 said:
Fucking hell what a waste of 30 minutes. Found it :s

I want to switch it off now, but seriously can't be bothered to load it up back from my house and trek all the way back. Times like this I wish there was quick save....
Sleep mode?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
besiktas1 said:
I guess but for at least 18hrs (bed, then work, then back home), is that ok for the 3DS, furthermore will the battery even last that long?

Depends on how far the battery is down. That being said, if you're sleeping why not charge it while its in sleep mode?

-PXG-

I want to believe ;___;

mm_3d_logo_large1u4a.png

Grezzo...Nintendo...You know what to do. Make it so.

besiktas1

Zerokku said:
Depends on how far the battery is down. That being said, if you're sleeping why not charge it while its in sleep mode?

I'm real funny and full of bullshit when it comes to my electronic devices. Overcharging and leaving on too long is bad are myths I live by....

KevinCow

Banned
besiktas1 said:
I guess but for at least 18hrs (bed, then work, then back home), is that ok for the 3DS, furthermore will the battery even last that long?

Is it okay for the 3DS? Sure. It's designed for you to put it to sleep instead of turning it off most of the time.

As for battery life, it should last a good long while if you turn the wireless off.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
After reading the Iwata Asks where he mentioned that the game originally would take place inside Ganondorf's Castle the entire time a la Mario 64, and that Phantom Ganon was left over from that...it was really odd playing through the Forest Temple, I guess, because you realize how much of that motif appears to be left over in that dungeon. It has a sewer system, paintings, an elevator, railings, etc.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
-PXG- said:
I want to believe ;___;

mm_3d_logo_large1u4a.png

Grezzo...Nintendo...You know what to do. Make it so.
1. Find Iwata's personal e-mail address
2. Send him this logo
3. ???????
4. PROFIT!

-PXG-

Jocchan said:
1. Find Iwata's personal e-mail address
2. Send him this logo
3. ???????
4. PROFIT!

Yeah...Them, not me :p

Ocarina sold more than double of what MM did. A 3D remake would get a whole lot of people on board, especially those who missed the boat back in 2000.

I can go fight Majora right now. I'm gonna kick his ass (with only 8 hearts and half magic capacity) and then get the remaining masks (which are all of the non-mandatory ones except the Mask of Scent).

Not getting all of the masks is a sin. The game is too short if you don't get all of them. Fairies, heart pieces and spider houses are a bit of a chore though.

KevinCow

Banned
Watch Da Birdie said:
After reading the Iwata Asks where he mentioned that the game originally would take place inside Ganondorf's Castle the entire time a la Mario 64, and that Phantom Ganon was left over from that...it was really odd playing through the Forest Temple, I guess, because you realize how much of that motif appears to be left over in that dungeon. It has a sewer system, paintings, an elevator, railings, etc.

I hope they revisit that idea some day, because it could be a pretty neat one-off Zelda game. Basically make the whole game one big dungeon.

Watch Da Birdie said:

Sounds interesting, though not very Zelda-ish. I'd assume you still go to other places using the castle as a hub, ala Mario 64 or Gauntlet Legends?

rhino4evr

Just got the big sword...was dreading for some reason but it was super easy. Especially if you use The Lost Woods to your advantage on that last section. I had 2 mins to spare

Fusebox

Banned
I picked the Ocarina Edition up yesterday, I was a bit sceptical about revisiting such an old, favourite game but this port is just magical. Absolutely loving it.

cacophony

just got to the Spirit Temple boss, after that it's endgame i guess

is it just me or does this game feel one temple too long? I think it would be the perfect length without one of the adult temples.

dkeane

Started last night and I'm hooked again. My only small gripe is that I really like the 3D effect but I also like the motion controls and they don't work well together. Otherwise all the enhancements they've made are great.

Yuterald

Jackano said:
Same here, I gave up and I'm on Master Quest now. I know OoT by heart but can't figure out which one I didn't get. Very frustrating. I triple checked with a list... Can't be a new glitch?!

I hope not! It seems like there are many reports with people claiming they are missing 1 heart container. It would seem odd that veteran players would run into identical issues. I guess I'll just move on to MQ before glitching out my heart container. Maybe others can chime in on this situation?

What about people who gathered all hearts in the game? Any issues?

kiryogi

Banned
Yuterald said:
Jackano said:

I hope not! It seems like there are many reports with people claiming they are missing 1 heart container. It would seem odd that veteran players would run into identical issues. I guess I'll just move on to MQ before glitching out my heart container. Maybe others can chime in on this situation?

What about people who gathered all hearts in the game? Any issues?
Got all heart pieces in regular quest. No issues here.

Okay, in the WAter Temple, hanging out, in the last area where you get the boss key, I was dismayed to see each pot drop a fairy a piece... Ok, there hasn't really been anything to HURT me in the dungeon (I guess sans miniboss), but further than that, once you get to the boss door (which, well, is the next in the sequence after you get the boss key, so the next logical place to go) the two containers there also had fairies apiece. Four fairies? In a dungeon with like.. no enemies..? Blah.. I'm sure it's always been that way, but even if it was or wasn't, why would you put such an absurd amount of fairies together in a place that has mostly environmental puzzles and throwaway enemies.

Mistle

This game looks and plays so great... The visuals are honestly better than I expected. I've only passed the Deku tree so far, but I
can't wait to see some of the adult temples.

Top Bottom