• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

GeekyDad

PigSpeakers said:
I thought about that, but I wasn't sure how it'd help at first. Now I sort of have an idea that I'll try.

Yeah, the hover boots totally negate the bouncing effect. Keep that in mind for later parts of the game as well. ;)

Got all the way to the shad temple and realized I don't even have the magic
Din's Fire
. I kept thinking to myself every so often (when I'd see a couple torches together) "shouldn't I have this already..?" but it's been so long I'm rusty.. now realize I need it and remember exactly where it is.. doh!

I have to say, after getting this far along, I only really have one complaint about this game. When you first shift to the second portion of the game, Link's animations have been changed. Mostly what irritates the hell out of me is that he used to run with his sword leading outward and to the left, now he walks with it almost pointed inward. I have no idea what is proper, but the second I saw the animation it began to bother me, I've tried to adjust and I've mostly come to ignore it, but such a small thing bothers me way more than it should. Anyway, love the game. Can't wait to finish up!

bumpkin

So I finally got un-stuck in the Fire Temple (didn't realize a wall had to be bombed) and made more progress, but then I had to save my game and call it a day; my 3DS' red light came on so I had to recharge. Curse my penchant for wanting to play the game with 3D on!

Seda

Gamer @ Heart said:
So is it just the main dungeons that are different in master quest or the mini dungeons too, like the Well or the ice cavern?

Well and Ice Cave are also different.

bumpkin said:
So I finally got un-stuck in the Fire Temple (didn't realize a wall had to be bombed) and made more progress, but then I had to save my game and call it a day; my 3DS' red light came on so I had to recharge. Curse my penchant for wanting to play the game with 3D on!

You do know you can play it while it's charging?

Anth0ny

TheExodu5 said:
The pre Forest Temple stealth section is dumb...

Moblin_%28Ocarina_of_Time%29.png

Scared you, didn't they?

Gravijah

Anth0ny said:
http://images.wikia.com/zelda/images/2/26/Moblin_%28Ocarina_of_Time%29.png[IMG]

Scared you, didn't they?[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just nostalgia, maybe it's because I'm playing on a small screen or something, but this game feels so... tiny! I remember Moblins being enormous, and I remember the section outside of the Forest Temple feeling [I]huuuuge[/I]. But it just felt so tiny this go around.

jokkir

Gravijah said:
Maybe it's just nostalgia, maybe it's because I'm playing on a small screen or something, but this game feels so... tiny! I remember Moblins being enormous, and I remember the section outside of the Forest Temple feeling huuuuge. But it just felt so tiny this go around.

No, I felt the same when playing OoT3D the first time. Everything just seemed too... small. It was odd.

jokkir said:
No, I felt the same when playing OoT3D the first time. Everything just seemed too... small. It was odd.
Our brains perceive scale a lot easier in three dimensions, so unlike a 2D handheld game that you can fully "imagine" being a part of, a 3D handheld game's characters are literally interpreted as being one inch tall.

That's my unscientifically tested hypothesis, anyway.

The Lamp

Just got through the Water Temple. Really wasn't that bad. Majora's Mask's was more challenging and interesting. The only time I got "stuck" was when
I was missing my last small key and had no idea where to go. Turns out I completely overlooked a Song of Time block in the room after Dark Link that led me to the last small key
. After that I quickly finished the dungeon.

It's a beautiful dungeon to go through in 3D though. I remember it being muuuuuch more frustrating, but then again, in those days I was like 9 years old and I had to pause every time I wanted to use the boots.

So far Ocarina of Time's dungeons are still considerably more challenging and open-ended and less-linear than Twilight Princess'.

But OoT also asks frustrating, assbad things of me, like making me quit the Fire Temple to go buy bombs and climb all the way back to where I was 8l

Beat the shadow temple boss FINALLY. It was strangely a lot easier than my last two attempts. I went in with only four hearts and lost none of them. I lucked out and actually managed to hit both of his hands and his eye in time before getting killed. The
Biggoron Sword
way owned in that fight. Only had to repeat that process once.

Then I went and did the stupid Gerudo fortress. I painstakingly looked for that fourth carpenter forever.

How much of the game is left at this point? I'm going to attempt the Spirit temple probably tomorrow.

The Lamp

PigSpeakers said:
Beat the shadow temple boss FINALLY. It was strangely a lot easier than my last two attempts. I went in with only four hearts and lost none of them. I lucked out and actually managed to hit both of his hands and his eye in time before getting killed. The
Biggoron Sword

Then I went and did the stupid Gerudo fortress. I painstakingly looked for that fourth carpenter forever.

How much of the game is left at this point? I'm going to attempt the Spirit temple probably tomorrow.

Spirit Temple is the last temple until the final stretch/confrontation of the game. I remember the ending section being pretty epic.

McNum

PigSpeakers said:
Biggoron Sword

You're just missing
the Spirit Temple and Ganon's Castle.
Almost there now.

Xane

TheExodu5 said:
The pre Forest Temple stealth section is dumb...
Hehe, I had the scarecrow to my disposal by the time I entered the Forest Temple (did the Ice Temple first and got the Biggoron Sword before hitting any of the adult Temples).
There's a scarecrow point right at the beginning of that maze.

The Lamp said:
Spirit Temple is the last temple until the final stretch/confrontation of the game. I remember the ending section being pretty epic.

That's good to hear. Not that I'm tiring of the game, but I'm actually this close to finishing a 3D Zelda for the first time in my life.

falz3333

Neo Member
Can anyone tell me what the difficulty jump from OG OoT to Master's Quest is like? I know the first game like the back of my hand so just wondering if another playthrough is worth it

maeda

Damn, it seems that only now, thanks to the 3DS Activity Log i start appreciating how big and packed with content the game really is. I played for over 13 hours, have been collecting secrets, so I cleared only 4 dungeons so far. And that is with me remembering a good part of the game. Plus i love inventory management and controls in this remake. And 3d is marvelous, even though it has some issues.

Clipper

falz3333 said:
Can anyone tell me what the difficulty jump from OG OoT to Master's Quest is like? I know the first game like the back of my hand so just wondering if another playthrough is worth it
If you've never played MQ, play it. It's well worth it. The game is significantly different, was quite a bit harder on the GameCube, but now it's flipped and you take double damage making it even tougher.

MadraptorMan said:
Our brains perceive scale a lot easier in three dimensions, so unlike a 2D handheld game that you can fully "imagine" being a part of, a 3D handheld game's characters are literally interpreted as being one inch tall.

That's my unscientifically tested hypothesis, anyway.

Yeah, the last sentence there plus your avatar = good times.

Heading to dat' Shadow Temple..

Also, I can't remember a damn thing about the Scarecrow, anyone want to jog me?

The Lamp

Oh btw, now that I've been able to use the gyro and pretty much confirm its awesome accuracy like everyone else in this thread, I must declare that players like Amir0x are insane for not giving it a shot, especially in 2D, even if just in cooperation with the analog-stick.

So I beat the game and I'm wondering if you can fight
Ganon (Yeah Link's arch enemy, crazy huh?)
in the boss attack mode. Going back to my save file and the bed it doesn't show up.

dkeane said:
Started last night and I'm hooked again. My only small gripe is that I really like the 3D effect but I also like the motion controls and they don't work well together. Otherwise all the enhancements they've made are great.

Sit in an office chair, spin around... works wonders^^

DownLikeBCPowder said:
Yeah, the last sentence there plus your avatar = good times.

Heading to dat' Shadow Temple..

Also, I can't remember a damn thing about the Scarecrow, anyone want to jog me?

Go to the Lake as a kid. There's a little garden area to the left of the lab. Play a song for the scarecrow after you pull out your ocarina. Make sure you remember it...it doesn't save it as a song. Then go back as an adult and play it for him again in the same spot. Now there are certain spots at which you can summon his co-scarecrow. Navi will turn green, play the song, he'll show up, hookshot to him.

< RP :)

Gravijah said:
Screw the graphics, the best part of this game is the gyro aiming. And the revamped inventory system.
I was quite skeptical about StarFox 64 3D's gyro use, but I'm incredibly excited for it after playing this game.

Jackano said:
L R L R L R L R
works pretty well as the scarecrow song in OoT3D :)
Get out of my head!

Kirby102

falz3333 said:
This is my first run through of MQ, and I'm dying ... lol Skulltulas in the Great Deku Tree, they do 2 hearts of damage... That's 2/3 of your starting health.

All the skeletons and bosses, they hurt hard. I just beat Phantom Ganon, his attacks do 2 hearts each... not good when you only have about 6-7 hearts or so. I ran out of fairies too :p

I'm an adult link now.Can someone tell how far into the game I am?.

Anyone have issues fighting some of the bosses (like the one in the giant fishes stomach) because of the camera angle and the lock on feature using the boomerang?

Was this the same in the N64 version?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Right near the end of the "escape Ganondorf's Castle" bit, they added a surprise Redead. Blended right in. Scared the SHIT out of me. ;-;

Yuterald

omg...I finally found my last heart container! It wasn't glitched after all! For some reason I decided to check out the skull kids in the Lost Woods. I swear I got this heart piece awhile back, but for some reason I decided to redo their ocarina mini game and the heart piece popped up. I nearly fell on the floor! I'm just about ready to head into MQ, but I need to finish the normal mode boss rush fights.

Also, did anyone manage to find the Sinker Lure in this version? I got both rewards at the fishing pond and I can't find the Sinker in any of the spots it's supposed to be in. I don't remember this item too well from the N64 days. Is it something that actually goes into your inventory? Is it a physical item? Or is it just some temporary upgrade for your rod until you leave the area?

Myriadis

Electivirus said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Right near the end of the "escape Ganondorf's Castle" bit, they added a surprise Redead. Blended right in. Scared the SHIT out of me. ;-;

He was also there in the N64 version.

KevinCow

Banned
They should've let you equip items to the d-pad. Obviously you couldn't want to put items like you bow there, but it would've been nice for ones like the boots, masks, and lens, that you just toggle on and off.

I think I ran into a few odd glitches.

I posted a couple days ago that I was stuck in the Shadow Temple. There's a part where you collect silver rupees while dodging an eyeball monster and two spinning things.
You get one of the rupees by killing the eyeball monster. I had killed it once before with arrows and it didn't leave behind a silver rupee. Eventually I killed it again, this time with a bomb, and it did leave it.
I'm not sure if it was a glitch or just a weird quirk of the game where you have to use a bomb.

Shortly after that, I was doing the trading game and found a Golden Skulltula behind a rock on a wall
on Death Mountain right before the big wall you climb up to get to Biggoron
. I broke the rock with the hammer, and when the rock broke the Skulltula just vanished. I left and came back and the rock and Skulltula are both gone. I wasn't planning on getting 100% so I don't really care too much, but something to watch out for for people who are.

Top Bottom