• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

Jackano

Chopper said:
I can tell you that is in fixed in the regular quest 100%, as I obtained the upgrade well after I'd finished a couple of adult temples. I would be extremely surprised if was not fixed in the Master Quest too.
Damn I will triple check it again later!!

Chopper

The Lamonster said:
What's the point of upgrading your nuts after you become an adult?
No reason. OCD?

I never used them either. Still, this was the first time I'd ever even heard of the Forest Stage, and I played through the game twice as a kid.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Skilletor said:
I haven't either.

I mean, I used one. Was like...okay. Haven't since.

I use them against the living statues as a kid since his small sword doesnt do damage otherwise... but yeah, that's about it.

Roto13

rhino4evr said:
Confession...I've never used a Deku Nut. Seemed pointless to me.
They can be pretty useful, but yeah, I haven't actually bothered with one in years. :p I haven't lost a Deku Stick in a long time, either, so the deku stick upgrades are kind of useless to me too.

Myriadis

rhino4evr said:
Are you sure? I tried jumping to the platform and I keep coming up short.
There is still another way to reach her:
Hookshot her breasts.

Confession...I've never used a Deku Nut. Seemed pointless to me.
They are extemely effective against these bats,the keese.Throw one and every keese in a wide range falls to the ground and becomes an easy target.And they become normal keese,iirc.

Social

jonno394 said:
Just got my 3DS. I can't tell the difference between 2d and 3d, maybe it's just my eyes being shit (I have a lazy eye). I get ghosting every now and then but I seriously cannot tell the difference.

Game looks glorious though.

you and me are twins.

Poyunch

Kirby102 said:
The giant silver blocks needs
Gold Gauntlets (which you get at the very end)
, and it's recommended that you'd finish the whole game (or beat all the dungeons first) before attempting that area.
Don't listen to this man! You don't need
the Golden Gauntlets to move the giant blocks. There are Silver Gauntlets you get very early on in the Spirit Temple which you use to move those blocks. So just get the Silver Gauntlets
and return to the Gerudo Training Grounds.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The Lamonster said:
How do I get past the stone wall at the bottom of the empty well? Bombs didn't work.

There is no wall :eek:

edit : Oh. Yeah. Adults dont go there if that's what you're talking about.

Seda

The Lamonster said:
How do I get past the stone wall at the bottom of the empty well? Bombs didn't work.

Not entirely sure what you are referring to, but
some of the walls are illusions.

i admit i go and look stuff up. got stuck 3 times already, how should one find
dins fire?
without trial'n'error. you don't even know that you need it.

how did i beat this game as a child without the internet.

Seda

Diprosalic said:
dins fire?

The first Great fairy (to get the spin attack, which Darunia points out) tells you to meet her sister near the castle.

olimpia84

Just made it to the 'dreaded' Jabu's Belly. It's one of my most hated dungeons in the series but so far I had zero problems with it and I'm actually blazing through it. I'm impressed at how well I remember where most of the items are and where to go next.

Also, they did an incredible job in remaking Jabus Belly. From what I can recall that place used to be boring looking but the new textures along with the 3D effect give the place new life and I want to say it's almost enjoyable!

=HERO=

Neo Member
Diprosalic said:
dins fire?

The
Death Mountain fairy
tells you where.
She has a "friend" near the castle
, kinda tips you off to check, especially after you got bombs.

KarmaCow

Diprosalic said:
dins fire?

The Gorons tell you
to visit the great fairy at the top of Death Mountain after you get the second spiritual stone and she tells you to visit the fairy near Hyrule Castle
. It's not as explicit as with the
Hookshot
but they go out their way to tell you.

rhino4evr

=HERO= said:
The
Death Mountain fairy
tells you where.
She has a "friend" near the castle
, kinda tips you off to check, especially after you got bombs.
Yeah I have a feeling most people miss this because they tend to skip the usual mindless babble that this game produces.

ah right she did say that. well i think it's a disadvantage if you already know the game. i never bothered going to the castle again since i knew
i couldn't do anything there as an adult till later in the game.

if this would be new for me i probably would have gone check it out and noticed it.

Poyunch

Kirby102 said:
lol, I took the assumption that the giant blocks are those HUUUUUGEE ASS ones, that you DO need them for... which I don't know if they are in there or not :p
Nope there are only three in the game and they're all in the end. And the warning in the training grounds explicitly mentions something about "Silver" hands or something. I don't remember the exact wording but they're definitely hinting at it.

Diprosalic said:
dins fire?

Yeah, the game pretty much tells you straight out to look for something in that area. Not to mention the whole exploration aspect, I remember when I first got there in my first playthrough there were a bunch of rocks there obviously hiding something, and then later I got the bombs and wanted to find out what was back there.

rhino4evr

Diprosalic said:
ah right she did say that. well i think it's a disadvantage if you already know the game. i never bothered going to the castle again since i knew

if this would be new for me i probably would have gone check it out and noticed it.
Well you get Din's fire as a kid. So.

Roto13

My first time through, I made a mental note of the suspicious boulder at a dead end near the castle. I probably would have checked it out even if she hadn't told me about it.

Futureman

Diprosalic said:

yea, found this happen a few times.

Had to look up how to get into the well as a child. Not sure if Sheik mentioned going in to the windmill to learn the song after that shadow monster escaped from the well, but I had no idea that's what I had to do.

rhino4evr

Futureman said:
yea, found this happen a few times.

Had to look up how to get into the well as a child. Not sure if Sheik mentioned going in to the windmill to learn the song after that shadow monster escaped from the well, but I had no idea that's what I had to do.
If your talking about the lens of truth..the windmill guy says "some kid played this song 7 years ago" and it drained the well.

So that's your hint.

Roto13 said:
My first time through, I made a mental note of the suspicious boulder at a dead end near the castle. I probably would have checked it out even if she hadn't told me about it.
Yeah, The problem is, you can't get the castle fairy to pop up unless you visit the one on the mountain first. I thought I broke the game...

I'm shocked, I got mauled by Stalfos at least 3 times today in the master quest forest temple, i've never felt so happy to perish. I love how the shield isn't a perfect defense, depending on your position or angling some attacks may still hit you. The deku nuts got some use for the first time in years due to those crafty skeletons. And then I proceeded to drain my battery into the red trying to find out how to drain the well, it was a simple solution but effective at causing me to run around aimlessly.

Chopper

Yeah, I'm almost positive that the game hints you on pretty much everything important. Of course, once you have the
Mask of Truth
, the stones tell you alot too. I have a couple of friends who are playing through this for the first time. Both of them realised that Heart Pieces were gonna be an important collectible, and as soon as they cottoned on to a trading side-quest, they both resorted to guides in order to 100% it first time. I was outraged.

"But.....but......the exploration....! :("

I suppose I belong in that gaming snob thread. But it seemed like such a shame to me. Running around discovering stuff is the best aspect of the game.

:Motorbass said:
Yeah, The problem is, you can't get the castle fairy to pop up unless you visit the one on the mountain first. I thought I broke the game...
Mind blown.

pulga

Banned
Well, this is embarrassing. I can't for the life of me remember how to get King Zora to stop talking about Ruto and let me into Jabbu Jabbu's courtyard!

Leezard

pulga said:
Well, this is embarrassing. I can't for the life of me remember how to get King Zora to stop talking about Ruto and let me into Jabbu Jabbu's courtyard!
Play the minigame from the waterfall to get the silver scale, then dive into a hole in the Zora's Domain to get to Lake Hylia. You'll find a bottle with a letter from Ruto that you can show to King Zora

pulga said:
Clue:
Win the diving game and then use your reward

rhino4evr said:
If your talking about the lens of truth..the windmill guy says "some kid played this song 7 years ago" and it drained the well.

So that's your hint.
That kind of blew my mind. I was like, hey I never played that song as a kid... but then I realized: ...YET

Leezard said:
Play the minigame from the waterfall to get the silver scale, then dive into a hole in the Zora's Domain to get to Lake Hylia. You'll find a bottle with a letter from Ruto that you can show to King Zora
I can't be the only one that took so long with this because
the letter specifically says NOT to tell her father
, right?

Guess I'm too nice.

Poyunch

butter_stick said:
I can't be the only one that took so long with this because
the letter specifically says NOT to tell her father
, right?

Guess I'm too nice.
Ruto's so prissy. Screw what she wants.

Wow. WTF did I do?

Forest Temple spoilers:

I have no Small Keys and I've lit an orange and a blue flame in the main area. I can't go anywhere. I have the bow, dungeon, and compass. I see two places on the first floor with chests, one in an area with a locked door and another that seems high up and inaccessible even with the Hookshot.

Basically I don't know where the hell else to find keys.

Link

Gooster said:
Wow. WTF did I do?

Forest Temple spoilers:

I have no Small Keys and I've lit an orange and a blue flame in the main area. I can't go anywhere. I have the bow, dungeon, and compass. I see two places on the first floor with chests, one in an area with a locked door and another that seems high up and inaccessible even with the Hookshot.

Basically I don't know where the hell else to find keys.

Link
I'm trying to use that map and my knowledge to my advantage but I haven't settled on anything concrete yet,
I guess i'll start by asking if you have untwisted any of the two corridors yet by hitting the bow switches? (though the second corridor switch could be behind a locked door, I forget)

Top Bottom