• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

oatmeal

Banned
senador said:
Why don't you order online?

I'm in Canada right now on vacation. Amazon.ca is out of stock, Amazon.com is fine but it's 20 bucks shipping to Canada.

I'm leaving on Sunday, so I am forced to wait...but staying at my in-laws would have been a lot sweeter with my favorite game :(

senador

Banned
oatmeal said:
I'm in Canada right now on vacation. Amazon.ca is out of stock, Amazon.com is fine but it's 20 bucks shipping to Canada.

I'm leaving on Sunday, so I am forced to wait...but staying at my in-laws would have been a lot sweeter with my favorite game :(

Gotcha, my bad. Well, I hope you find one, its totally worth it.

Link83

Not a major issue, but I just read here that there is a problem with the Dodongo battle routine:-
http://********.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1351174#post1351174
[Link should be "n - europe.com" without spaces]
Had a look on Youtube for footage and managed to find a clip here:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPXwGZeNCFg&feature=player_detailpage#t=56s
It does appear to be messed up :(

Also apparently Link sometimes spins around multiple times?

...I wonder if Nintendo will make a Zelda OoT 3D 1.1 revision with these minor bugs fixed.

Mistle

Link83 said:
Not a major issue, but I just read here that there is a problem with the Dodongo battle routine:-
[Link is censored? It should be ******** forums)

...I wonder if Nintendo will make a Zelda OoT 3D 1.1 revision with these minor bugs fixed.
I noticed this, actually. They never spun around and pointed towards me. I just thought it was because I was moving too quickly, but I guess not. I assume it's a frame-rate issue?

And Link spins around sometimes when it cuts to a clip of a door unlocking. I guess it's just orientating him, and correct me if I'm wrong, this happened in the original also.

Link83

Mistle said:
I noticed this, actually. They never spun around and pointed towards me. I just thought it was because I was moving too quickly, but I guess not.

And Link spins around sometimes when it cuts to a clip of a door unlocking. I guess it's just orientating him, and correct me if I'm wrong, this happened in the original also.
He does spin around in the original, but not multiple times.

Mistle

Link83 said:
He does spin around in the original, but not multiple times.
Hmm, yeah probably. Doesn't bother me though I guess, surely doesn't require a 1.1 revision. It's disappointing to see some things go unnoticed/unattended, but I feel that such small, non-game breaking glitches aren't so important- especially when the other 99% of the game has been handled with great care.

I agree that the Dodongo battle pattern was a pretty big oversight though. Surely game testers would have noticed?

Muskweeto

Link83 said:
[Link should be "n - europe.com" without spaces]

The guy in that video doesn't realize you don't have to put the stick away, every time you light a torch the "timer" for how long you have before it burns away resets.

Celine

Muskweeto said:
The guy in that video doesn't realize you don't have to put the stick away, every time you light a torch the "timer" for how long you have before it burns away resets.
Mind blown.

AniHawk

spent over an hour in the water temple. it seems i'm starting to relive every single mistake i made the first time around.

made it to the shadow temple and stopped, but not before completing the pre-spirit temple thing. it's pretty much a dungeon-dungeon-dungeon straight shot from here to the end of the game.

Muskweeto said:

Mind blown.

Edit: holy shit beaten. Mind blown 2x.

Sendaquill

Neo Member
Muskweeto said:
Sorry to be the third person to say this, but.. Mind blown.

Myriadis said:
In the N64 version,you can also cross it by running backwards.
Wow, I knew that was possible, but never realized how easy it was.

I love that I'm still learning new things about this game countless playthroughs and over a decade later. Like how I didn't know until a year or two ago that the amount of time you get in hot areas without the fire tunic is based on how many hearts you have. Now that I think about it, I'll bet the same applies to the drowning timer.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Sorry if this has been said already, but fuck fishing, seriously. Catching a big fish is harder than fightining any enemies in Master Quest. Screw the golden scale thing for diving deeper.

Bisnic said:
Sorry if this has been said already, but fuck fishing, seriously. Catching a big fish is harder than fightining any enemies in Master Quest. Screw the golden scale thing for diving deeper.
what? took me like 2 minutes to catch a 16 pounder for the golden scale

Deku

Banned
AniHawk said:
spent over an hour in the water temple. it seems i'm starting to relive every single mistake i made the first time around.

made it to the shadow temple and stopped, but not before completing the pre-spirit temple thing. it's pretty much a dungeon-dungeon-dungeon straight shot from here to the end of the game.

I haven;t played for a few days, stopped at the pre-Spirit Temple mini dungeon but I have to agree the slingshot to the end of the game seems a lot quicker than I remember.

I suppose the first time around, I spent a lot more time exploring and questing /playing those shooting games to try and find stuff.

Also I'm missing a lot of skulltulas, so I could spend some time looking for those.

This has been an interesting experience to me so far because outside of the Deku Tree almost all of the dengeons feel completely new to me as I haven't touched them in literally over 10 years.

Wait a second, so
the song I've been hearing for the latter half of Ganon's tower was actually being played on the organ by by Ganondorf?
That's pretty damned awesome.

Kirby102

Muskweeto said:
WHAT THE FFFFFF?! This is that level of mindFFFFFF that's the same as the Water Temple's miniboss thing with the reflection disappearing
and Dark Link's health = yours

Bisnic said:
(from the Pics that make you laugh thread)
tumblr_lnyyonT06C1qgxwx3o1_500.png

But yeah, it is friggen harder I must say. I caught a 19 pounder... damn did that take a while. The Hyrule Loach is giving me the shits though, it doesn't want to bite my lure.

On a lighter note, have some Quest Advice Link :D

P722K.jpg
ga5yQ.jpg
PmQge.jpg
6Tk19.jpg

suFjf.jpg
...so true XD [sorry for the long post] :)

Kard8p3

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
Wait a second, so
the song I've been hearing for the latter half of Ganon's tower was actually being played on the organ by by Ganondorf?
That's pretty damned awesome.

It's a shame it didn't make it to the soundtrack.

And now I've just finished the game for the first time. (Amazing Final Boss sequence, by the way)

Might try out the Boss refights before moving onto Master Quest.

Kard8p3

Lucky Number Seven Force said:
And now I've just finished the game for the first time. (Amazing Final Boss sequence, by the way)

Might try out the Boss refights before moving onto Master Quest.

So overall what do you think of the game now that you've finally beat it?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Talladega Knight said:
what? took me like 2 minutes to catch a 16 pounder for the golden scale

I don't know, it seems much harder than it was on N64. If a big fish grab my lure, i can't seem to reel it back closer to me, even if i keep pointing down the circle pad, moving it left & right, and keep holding R + A. It's really frustrating to see the fish not getting closer and just getting away after struggling for over a minute(not to mention the minutes i waste trying to taunt it to grab the lure).

And seriously, no one knew about the burning deku stick timer resetting every time you hit a torch? I thought it was well known from the N64 days... you never asked yourself how it could last so long?

Bisnic said:
I don't know, it seems much harder than it was on N64. If a big fish grab my lure, i can't seem to reel it back closer to me, even if i keep pointing down the circle pad, moving it left & right, and keep holding R + A. It's really frustrating to see the fish not getting closer and just getting away after struggling for over a minute(not to mention the minutes i waste trying to taunt it to grab the lure).

And seriously, no one knew about the burning deku stick timer resetting every time you hit a torch? I thought it was well known from the N64 days... you never asked yourself how it could last so long?
i move the stick the direction the fish is pulling my lure. i go with the struggle you could say. seems to help.

Kard8p3 said:
So overall what do you think of the game now that you've finally beat it?
Well, I can definitely see why it's so well regarded. I like how the game sort of eases you into everything with the first three Young Link dungeons (Although I had some trouble with Jabu-Jabu's belly)

From that point on though, it was pretty much a roller coaster ride of awesome from there. (The Forest Temple in particular was pretty awesome; I got some eerie Super Metroid vibes there, as far as atmosphere goes) I think my favorite thing about the game though, is the amount of secrets throughout the game's overworld. I always got a sense of accomplishment every time I managed to figure out how to get an out of reach Heart Container or figured out what to do from a cryptic clue given by the game.

Muskweeto said:
Mind blown x4

Btw, before I attempt it, can I do the adult Spirit temple without the Megaton Hammer? I thought doing forest->water->spirit->fire->shadow would be fun.

Sendaquill

Neo Member
SolarKnight said:
Btw, before I attempt it, can I do the adult Spirit temple without the Megaton Hammer? I thought doing forest->water->spirit->fire->shadow would be fun.

Yes. There are some rusted switches in there, but they aren't necessary to get through the temple.

Roto13

How did anyone not know you can put out a Deku Stick by putting it away? :p I only use one Deku Stick in each playthrough.

oatmeal

Banned
Still no shipments to Calgary...anywhere.

Looks like I'm waiting until my vacation is over and I don't have time to play.

Awesome.

tha_devil

oatmeal said:

Order at videogamesplus.ca or planetaxel.com both are in canada. PA has 99 cents shipping on everything this summer.

Neo Child

Banned
Just tanned the Water Temple.... no hints or walkthroughs or anything (a first for me in the Water Temple)!

The little lights that show you the path to raise/lower water make everything so much better. Not easier, theres still the same tricky puzzles - but its so much more convinient. LOVE IT, actually enjoyed playing through the water temple... run out of arrows though so i have to trek before i get the fire arrows!"! :D

god this games so good, clocked aobut 20 hours so far.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Kirby102 said:
(from the Pics that make you laugh thread)
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnyyonT06C1qgxwx3o1_500.png
But yeah, it is friggen harder I must say. I caught a 19 pounder... damn did that take a while. The Hyrule Loach is giving me the shits though, it doesn't want to bite my lure.

On a lighter note, have some Quest Advice Link :D

http://i.imgur.com/P722K.jpg http://i.imgur.com/ga5yQ.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PmQge.jpg http://i.imgur.com/6Tk19.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/suFjf.jpg...so true XD [sorry for the long post] :)
Wow... just wow. A "reaction images" comic, advice dog ripoffs and a motivators. Its almost everything bad about todays Internet "humour" rolled into one post. And to top it off you use the XD emoticon. Or lordy lord.

Finding the Gold Skulltulas is going to be a pain. Especially as I played parts of the game without sound on the bus so I'm going to have to backtrack to place where I missed the sound cues.

BGBW said:
Wow... just wow. A "reaction images" comic, advice dog ripoffs and a motivators. Its almost everything bad about todays Internet "humour" rolled into one post. And to top it off you use the XD emoticon. Or lordy lord.

Their junior member status and GAF-logo avatar is... suspicious.

Neo Child

Banned
BGBW said:

Finding the Gold Skulltulas is going to be a pain. Especially as I played parts of the game without sound on the bus so I'm going to have to backtrack to place where I missed the sound cues.

I thought they were kinda funny... go to open door. ROLL INTO IT.

Roto13 said:
How did anyone not know you can put out a Deku Stick by putting it away? :p I only use one Deku Stick in each playthrough.

That's not what people didn't know (if you're referring to the blown minds); we knew that you can put out a Deku Stick by putting it away. What we didn't know is that you don't have to put out the stick after lighting each torch in a sequence to preserve it. The mind blowing fact was that the timer before the stick burns out resets after lighting a torch with it.

TyRaNtM

Neo Member
I did a 100% checklist, for the people who wants to know, what's needed to complete the 100%. You can discuss what can be added or deleted from the 100%.

- 100% Checklist:
- Have all Items (all items from Young and Adult Link).
- Have all upgrades (40 Bombs, 50 Arrows, 500 Rupees, 30 Deku Sticks, 40 Deku Nuts, 50 Deku Seeds, Golden Scale).
- All 20 Hearts (36 Heart Pieces).
- All 100 Gold Skulltulas.
- Open all chests in all dungeons (just check in the map of each dungeon if you don't have chests left unopened).
- Do all sidequest (both Young Link and Adult Link).
- As Young Link, buy all bombchus in Bombchu Shop.
- Complete all minigames.
- Obtain in Horseback Archery Game, 2000 points (the maximum that you can do).
- In the Horse Racing minigame (in Lon Lon Ranch as Adult) obtain a time less than 50 seconds, to win a Cow in your house.
- Catch the Fisherman Hat, lose it in the pond and pay him the rupees that he request you for that (this is a permanent change when you do it, he will stay bald).
- Beat at least one time, all bosses in Boss Challenge mode (from Ghoma to Twinrova).
- Unlock Boss Gauntlet and beat it at least once.
- See all visions on the Sheikah Stones.
- Have all songs (all required songs + optional songs as Sun's Song and Epona's Song).

- However, this can be counted as the 101% to 10X%:
- Open all chest in the hidden grottos (you can skip grottos that have Business Scrub and other things that doesn't have a chest in it).
If you want to know where the hidden grottos that doesn't contain a heart piece or gold skulltula are, you can see it HERE.
- In the Fishing mini-game, find the Sinking Lure. To make it legal, just talk with the Fishing owner.
- Catch the very rare Hylian Loach in the Fishing Pond.
- Destroy every rock that have a permanent effect (for example, you destroy a rock in Hyrule Field, and keep it destroyed when you return to that place).

You can do all this either in Ocarina of Time 3D and Master Quest, but in MQ you can't do the Sheikah Stones thing, because they aren't in this mode.
Hope that this help people who want to do the 100%!

gkryhewy

BGBW said:

The comic was funny.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Neo Child said:
Just tanned the Water Temple.... no hints or walkthroughs or anything (a first for me in the Water Temple)!

The little lights that show you the path to raise/lower water make everything so much better. Not easier, theres still the same tricky puzzles - but its so much more convinient. LOVE IT, actually enjoyed playing through the water temple... run out of arrows though so i have to trek before i get the fire arrows!"! :D

god this games so good, clocked aobut 20 hours so far.
And it gets so much better. Fuck what other people say. The Spirit and Shadow Temples are AWESOME.

Kazerei

Banned
Muskweeto said:

How do people not realize this? I figured it out when I was 12, just by attempting some of the multi-torch runs with one stick. And voila, it works!

But anyways, one of the reasons I love this game is that there's so much to discover. Like how you can use the megaton hammer to flip tektites and knock skullwalltulas off the wall. Or how you can use Ruto to kill stuff >:)

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Kazerei said:
How do people not realize this? I figured it out when I was 12, just by attempting some of the multi-torch runs with one stick. And voila, it works!

Also, I'm pretty sure a Deku scrub tells you this in the game.

Kazerei

Banned
Naked Snake said:
What are tektites?

Mind blown. But it's probably easier to just use the hookshot.

Tektites are the crab-like things that hop around. There's red ones on Death Mountain Trail and some blue ones around Lake Hylia.

If there's multiple skullwalltulas, the hammer will kill them all in one shot :)

I spent hours playing this on the N64 and just trying stuff out. Pretty surprising how useful the hammer and hookshot can be. I think even the deku nuts work against Ganon.

Peagles

Rodney McKay said:
I still think that Link says "SKANK!" every other time he rolls.

I still find it hilarious.

I always thought he said "STAG!", and I still find it hilarious too.

Mine is probably a bit sillier, given that there isn't really anything funny about the word 'stag', lol.

Top Bottom