• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

So I beat this on the 23rd and yesterday just started Master Quest for the first time...

All Ive got to say is that its hard. Very hard. I keep dying in the deku tree lol. And the puzzle in the room with the water was hard to figure out.

But I will deffinitly enjoy it. Suprisinly I'm not having trouble with it being flipped. Figured I would.

I'm sure it's been mentioned by many already, but wow, it's amazing how much more fun the Water Temple is with the improvements. Felt good doing it before the Fire Temple for a change.

Btw, do I need the hammer for the Spirit Temple? I can't remember.

Also, something I found curious and just noticed now. What we usually call the proper order of the temples is Forest->Fire->Water->Shadow->Spirit, right? And yet, in the file selection and the Gear menu it goes Forest->Fire->Water->Spirit->Shadow.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah that's always been weird. Navi always points you to the Shadow Temple before the Spirit.

Rez said:
Yeah that's always been weird. Navi always points you to the Shadow Temple before the Spirit.
On the other hand you can't get across the haunted wasteland without the hover boots and lens of truth so it makes sense to go deal with the shadow temple first

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Rez said:

And considering you need the Lens of Truth to cross the desert, and that the Well dungeon is right next to the Shadow Temple, that seems like the intended way to do them.

Nocturnowl said:
On the other hand you can't get across the haunted wasteland without the hover boots and lens of truth so it makes sense to go deal with the shadow temple first

Lens yes unless you've got the path memorized, but Hover Boots no.

SolarKnight said:
Lens yes unless you've got the path memorized, but Hover Boots no.
Well here I was assuming that you needed the boots to waltz up that sandbank, you mean i've been putting on those slippery shoes all these years for no reason?
I can only imagine the horror of trying to get through he wasteland without the lens though.

Seik

Banned
Great topic, I'm impressed at how people here puts time for their main post to be awesome, very inspiring!

It was a day 1 buy for me, finished it at day 3 and now I'm on Master Quest when I have some spare time! It's been a while since I played a game so intensively, I guess the nostalgia factor has a lot to do in this.

Master Quest succeeds in f***ing my mind up, even after going through the original more than 10 times in my life...MIRROR WINS!

Muskweeto

Nocturnowl said:
Well here I was assuming that you needed the boots to waltz up that sandbank, you mean i've been putting on those slippery shoes all these years for no reason?
I can only imagine the horror of trying to get through he wasteland without the lens though.
Is it actually possible to get through the desert without the lens? Has anyone done it? I've always wondered if even when you have the path memorised, that maybe you can't get through unless you

dmasden

Neo Member
I registered my game on June 23 and received an email that my order for music cd was being processed but haven't received shipping email when I check on my order it says item is backordered will I receive it or am I out of luck?

blamite

dmasden said:
I registered my game on June 23 and received an email that my order for music cd was being processed but haven't received shipping email when I check on my order it says item is backordered will I receive it or am I out of luck?
Mine's the same way. I think everyone's is right now. I think they're supposed to be shipping in the next few days.

Muskweeto said:
Is it actually possible to get through the desert without the lens? Has anyone done it? I've always wondered if even when you have the path memorised, that maybe you can't get through unless you

I really doubt it's programmed to not let you in without the lens. Still, the fastest way to check should be to watch a speedrun I think.

Septimius

Ragus said:
Hell, I am not a big fan of all those vinyl decals, but when I saw this shit, I couldn't resist and had to buy it.

Maybe a little offtopic, but I just had to :D.

Is that silver? It's so awesome. Thanks for the fantastic find.

(first post, yay!)

EDIT: I'm playing through OoT3D, and I find the remake to be fantastic. I know a lot of people have been saying the music should've been getting a remake, but I don't know. It really is a part of the atmosphere. If they remade the music, the atmosphere would change, too - even if they did just improve the samples used with the same MIDI-data. I don't know if it's possible to 'remake' music and keep the same feeling (ie, when I enter Hyrule Field, I get brought straight back to being much younger and playing this game). They brought justice to the game with the updated textures, while it still feels like this game is the N64 version. Sometimes I look at old pictures and go "oh, THAT's what it looked like".

I would not mind more remakes like this.

AniHawk

welp, made it to the water temple. the fire temple was the first time in this replay that i didn't remember nearly everything. it still wasn't like going through it for the first time again, though.

rhino4evr

Nocturnowl said:
Not true at all..in fact I finished The Spirit Temple first. As long as you have the long shot and the lens of truth you can finish that dungeon first. You dont need the hover boots. I got the lens of truth before finishing the water temple.

Had no idea I was doing it in the wrong order until reading this thread.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I just beat the Water Temple without a guide. This is the sweetest revenge I could ever have in my gaming life. I remember being 12 years old and having to use a guide to beat that damn temple. I had no memory of it at all and beat it. Fuck yeah.

Septimius

I've been doing things in all the wrong order, this time. I've been waiting for a friend to catch up, so after the first three dungeons and I
became an adult
, I've pretty much just been waiting around. I've got the biggoron sword, all the tunics, first set of boots and 40 gold skultullas and a whole bunch of heart pieces. I feel sort of over-powered at this point.

This reminds me of ALTTP, though. I always do crystal 6 before 5, there, because it helps out at a crucial point in 5.

Muskweeto

Septimius said:
This reminds me of ALTTP, though. I always do crystal 6 before 5, there, because it helps out at a crucial point in 5.
Oh god, I remember that puzzle, they even removed it from the GBA version.

carlo6529

SolarKnight said:
Also, something I found curious and just noticed now. What we usually call the proper order of the temples is Forest->Fire->Water->Shadow->Spirit, right? And yet, in the file selection and the Gear menu it goes Forest->Fire->Water->Spirit->Shadow.

Funny, this time around I actually did the spirit temple before the shadow temple. I thought I did the spirit temple last, in the past...

On another note, I'm at the point where I can go fight ganondort but before I do that, I'm going around collecting any missing heart pieces.

It's crazy, back in the day, I got all the poe's, all the heart pieces and and the skulltilias without using any guides whatsoever (I remember freaking out when I finished the skulltilias and claimed my reward...). Now, im struggling to find everything. I haven't looked anything up yet, but the internet has become such a crutch towards videogames.

I'm still loving this! Now I truly know why everyone goes crazy over it. Such a classic and I'm not even finished with it! Two questions: What’s the point of buying the coloured tunics when you can get them for free?

Also, I got up to the fire temple, and an enemy took my hylian shield and red tunic! I got the tunic back by talking to the Goron I got it from again, but how do I get my hylian shield back? Do I have to buy it again?

Bisnic

Tricky I Shadow said:
I'm still loving this! Now I truly know why everyone goes crazy over it. Such a classic and I'm not even finished with it! Two questions: What’s the point of buying the coloured tunics when you can get them for free?

Also, I got up to the fire temple, and an enemy took my hylian shield and red tunic! I got the tunic back by talking to the Goron I got it from again, but how do I get my hylian shield back? Do I have to buy it again?

Yes, you have to buy it again.

Or you can just kill the enemy, the Like-Like, and get your tunic and shield back.

Just hope there isn't a chest nearby, the last Like-Like who stole my red tunic, when i killed it, the tunic landed on top of a chest, impossible to reach. :(

Bisnic said:

Or you can just kill the enemy, the Like-Like, and get your tunic and shield back.

Just hope there isn't a chest nearby, the last Like-Like who stole my red tunic, when i killed it, the tunic landed on top of a chest, impossible to reach. :(

That's what happened to me! All well...I'll just go buy another one! >_<

And anyone know why you can buy the tunics? I need to know damn it!

Bisnic said:

Backflips or Lunges should take care of that.

Tricky I Shadow said:
That's what happened to me! All well...I'll just go buy another one! >_<

And anyone know why you can buy the tunics? I need to know damn it!

Goron City and Zoras domain shops.

Bisnic

Tricky I Shadow said:
Er, I said 'why'.....I wanted to know why.

I always assumed it was in case you lose them, and that only the first tunic was free. But your previous post seemed to mention you can just get it back from the same guy for free.

So yeah, i dunno.

boris feinbrand said:
Backflips or Lunges should take care of that.

Nah, i tried backflipping, but you cant backflip on a huge chest.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Tricky I Shadow said:
Er, I said 'why'.....I wanted to know why.

The tube worm things can eat your tunic and shield unless you kill them fast after they grab em or you use the green tunic and mirror shield (can't buy them so it can't eat em).

boris feinbrand said:
Not sure I understand you, because as far as I know the only way to get Zoras Tunic after it was stolen and you didn't get it back, is by purchasing it.

Warnen said:
The tube worm things can eat your tunic and shield unless you kill them fast after they grab em or you use the green tunic and mirror shield (can't buy them so it can't eat em).

Ah ok, I haven’t gotten that far yet, but it all makes sense to me now. It just seemed weird that you could buy them (they're not cheap too!) when you could just get them for free.

Tricky I Shadow said:
Ah ok, I haven’t gotten that far yet, but it all makes sense to me now. It just seemed weird that you could buy them (they're not cheap too!) when you could just get them for free.

To be honest, I bought both of them on my very first playthrough 13 years ago. Only on my second playthrough did I realize you can get them for free (just like the Hylian Shield and a Bi-hander that doesn't break after hitting a flower)

Rekubot

Just finished Master Quest. Total playtime is 41:38 over the course of 20 days. Soooo good. The only complaints I have are the frequent ghosting problems in dark areas and the framerate drops when fighting the third dungeon boss in 3D.

Mild spoilers not in N64 version:

That orchestrated song after the original credits is godly.

I found a couple of Skyward Sword artworks, one in Ingo's room in the adult timeline and another in the Gerudo Fortress. Shame they're really low resolution. Any others hidden about?

Ghost23

Are you supposed to do the Spirit Temple or Shadow Temple first? I went through The desert fortress and everything, but I feel like I should have done the shadow temple already. Did I skip something?

Edit: Already a conversation on this. my bad :p

where does the spirit seal appear in the game log if you beat it first? Is there a gap between water and spirit or is it next to it? That should solve the riddle, unless it dynamically moves?

The Lamp

SephCast said:
I just beat the Water Temple without a guide. This is the sweetest revenge I could ever have in my gaming life. I remember being 12 years old and having to use a guide to beat that damn temple. I had no memory of it at all and beat it. Fuck yeah.

Same here
though I did have to check a guide ONCE because I was missing ONE more key, couldn't figure out where, and it turns out that all I had done was completely overlooked the Song of Time block after you beat Dark Link lol :p

liger05

Is my game screwed?

I'm @ the water temple but have missed something and I need the temple to be as when i first went in to get what I need. Is there a way to make this happen? I left the temple and returned but no joy.

liger05 said:
Is my game screwed?

I'm @ the water temple but have missed something and I need the temple to be as when i first went in to get what I need. Is there a way to make this happen? I left the temple and returned but no joy.
what do you think you missed?

Dartastic

Do you mean the water levels? They can be moved around as you please. Just go back to where you first changed them; there's crazy colors on the walls guiding you to the water level points.

Roto13

liger05 said:
Is my game screwed?

There's nothing you can do in any temple to permanently block off access to something.

well i made it to the Spirit temple and Shadow temple but the master quest made me rage quit haha so i sold it but overall i had a blast with the remake :D

let's go Majoras Mask remake

Is Zant "related" to the Sorcery Sisters in any way? They really have similar clothing, and from what I remember, his armor is reminiscent of the axe wielders in here...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Grrr...reading this thread is making it very difficult to hold off for a new 3DS variant in the next year or two. Really itching to play this and might go spend the ~$300 to do it.

Brandon F said:
Grrr...reading this thread is making it very difficult to hold off for a new 3DS variant in the next year or two. Really itching to play this and might go spend the ~$300 to do it.
It's really a very solid product in all honesty. The 3D is also done quite tastefully for the most part. Very natural, and gives a nice sense of depth and scale without screaming out "I'm 3D!". Seeing it in person, I was actually surprised at how crisp and clean it looks. Really good stuff.

So like, Master Quest is easily way way better than i initially thought after going through only the deku tree on the gamecube. I have seriously gotten stuck hardcore several times. Its such a thrill to go through these dungeons with a semi fresh perspective, most of the time backwards it seems, only to end on the final bosses which play out the as the regular version. Kind of a disappointment. Am i alone?

McNum

So I started Master Quest tonight. Great Deku Tree complete. No deaths.

You know it's mean when you have to specify "no deaths" after the Great Deku Tree. Master Quest so far is surprisingly awesome. The mirrored game is messing with my sense of direction, and the enemies are downright nasty now. A couple of good examples from just the beginning of the game.

Before the Deku Tree:
-
Deku Baba Ambush! I got jumped by plants? And they hurt HOW MUCH?!
I consider this the "Welcome to Master Quest, bitch!" moment.

Inside the Deku Tree:
-
Ghoma Larvas
-
Keese (bats)
-
Burning Keese! Get away from my shield! Get away! Slingshot! SLINGSHOT! *phew*
-
Giant Deku Baba
-
Gold Skulltula on the floor. Cute until you realize that touching one is -2 Hearts. Out of 3.

I love it. I have to keep on my toes and use everything I have just to survive. I used more Deku Nuts in the tree alone than my entire previous normal game just to keep the hordes of enemies at bay. And if this is the FIRST dungeon... I can't wait for some of the later ones. I love it when a game puts up a fight.

The boss was a bit of a disappointment, though. No new tricks? Well, if it did, I didn't let it do it.

oatmeal

Banned
Day 52 of my Zelda: OoT hunt in Calgary.

Still fucking nothing.

Now I know how the Irish Potato Famine felt :(

Can't wait to get it...my 3DS is just sitting there...it is yearning for me to hold it.

senador

Banned
oatmeal said:
Day 52 of my Zelda: OoT hunt in Calgary.

Still fucking nothing.

Now I know how the Irish Potato Famine felt :(

Can't wait to get it...my 3DS is just sitting there...it is yearning for me to hold it.

Why don't you order online?

Top Bottom