• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D |OT| of |OoT|

bumpkin

*sigh* Well, either the employees at my nearest Kmart smartened up or I'm just assuming the empty slot on the shelf I saw last night meant they were selling the game early. Called this morning to see if they got any more in (the clerk said they get shipments on Thursdays), and the lady said "the game isn't available until Sunday the 19th."

All you people who got the game early suck. You know that?

The Hermit

snap0212 said:
Love the new graphics, by the way. I thought I wasn't going to like them as much but everything just looks so much better. I don't like Link's face but everything else... really nice.

Not sure why, but just looking at this in game is amazing (sorry for crappy screenshot quality):
m1DSP.jpg

HKHEO.jpg

I swear to God I said wow out loud...

I need this game!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm sure the first thing that will hit me hard when i first play the game, is playing with better fps than 15-20 or whatever the original had.

kaskade

Man I can't wait. Too bad I won't have a 3ds for probably about another 2 weeks. The only reason I kept my preorder on the game is for that damn CD.

The gamespot video was awesome. Hearing the music and everything brought back so many memories. The last time I played it was on the N64 so I'll be going in somewhat fresh. It's going to be great running through things and starting to remember the layouts and what not.

HIYO0.jpg

I still have this. My parents bought it for me and I liked it so much I ended up never bringing it to school.

McNum

Bisnic said:
I'm sure the first thing that will hit me hard when i first play the game, is playing with better fps than 15-20 or whatever the original had.
So that what that was. I just got the game and was wondering what was up with Link's animations. They looked a lot smother than they did in the original. More FPS would explain that.

Just played up until the Deku Tree, it's Ocarina of Time, alright. Luckily, it's been long enough since I played it that I don't remember all of it anymore, so that'll be good.

Phatcorns

For those of you who live in Indianapolis, the Meijer on Meridian and W Carmel Dr has it. For some reason I just had a feeling they would and just it's sitting there in the display like it's supposed to be there.

Loving the game so far, 3d is incredible, graphics are smooth as silk and the analog on this system is PERFECT for a portable. Actually feels great.

radioheadrule83 said:
I remember climbing being a lot slower -- I don't know if its the faster framerate or if they've actually improved his climbing speed..

The climbing feels a lot faster to me too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well I got the game, but not the extra stuff from GAME in the post so I assume that's coming later despite no email about it.

Nintendo's website keeps giving me errors at the CD registration page. (╬ ಠ益ಠ)

kaskade said:
I still have this. My parents bought it for me and I liked it so much I ended up never bringing it to school.

That's pretty cool! I remember having a Mario Kart 64 pencil box that looked very similar to that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Why do I keep getting an error?
Their use of three address fields is so idiotic. I assume the first is house number and the second is the street name.

I really hope Grezzo takes on Majora's Mask next, adds a couple of dungeons, then builds their own Hero of Time Zelda for 3DS from the ground up. Set it in Hyrule after Link returns from Termina.

Use existing assets where appropriate, but expand the world outward with all new towns, dungeons and items.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well the error seems to be a common issue.

As for the preorder bonuses I'm going to wait for tomorrow's post. If nothing turns up I'm going to shoot GAME an email since they haven't even informed me that my gift will be delayed.

FeD.nL

Loving the game so far. The 3d + Gyro is so immersive, I find myself closing one eye to bypass the 3d effect just like you would in real life :p. Everything works so smooth (inventory management, movement, gyro), and it's just a joy to run around hyrule in 3d. Things that I considered gimicky before I now can't live without.

:) love how this game looks its the same game i know and love but with a new lick of paint Hope they will do majora's mask next its my fav Zelda

and who wouldn't want to see the moon coming down on you

Kjellson

I'm waiting for the bus after just buying a 3DS and OoT at the moment. I'm probably going to regret this later, but whatever.

How long do I have to charge the console before playing?

Kjellson said:
I'm waiting for the bus after just buying a 3DS and OoT at the moment. I'm probably going to regret this later, but whatever.

How long do I have to charge the console before playing?
You don't.

Micius

Jo Shishido's Cheeks said:
This game right here justifies it for me. All the hype, the 3D even the console price.
Playing this beautiful game in the palms of my hands feels special (I know, I know but it does!) and I'm so thankful this version has been done so well.

The graphics, framerate, 3D and even the motion controls are brilliant.
The game to own for the 3DS undoubtably, 5 stars, 10/10, AAA, system seller and all that. If you're on the fence I honestly believe this title is worth buying a 3DS for. Amazing.

The fact im playing in a silent house with only the sounds of birds chirping and raindrops is great.
I don't want to rush this game but I can't stop playing :)

Picked it up this morning after being on the fence for a while before release, the Robin Williams commercial and good impressions I read about won me over.

Have to say it really looks surprisingly good and it is the only game so far where I felt it's justifiable to keep the 3D on all the time while playing (my other two titles are SSF4 3D and DOAD, and the hits the framerate takes from 3D was unbearable, also fighting games don't really benefit from the 3D in the same way an adventure game like Zelda does).

I'm kind of curious now to see whether or not REvelations will be able to look equally good in 3D, though I have some doubts having not read anything about framerate so far and also since the 3D effect might look a bit worse if the game uses fairly dark atmospheric colors typical for the RE series.

bitoriginal

Seriously, what the fuck. I managed to get on Club Nintendo UK, completed the survey, filled out information for the CD and everytime I click 'Complete Registration', I get the 404 Error Page. Have I now messed up my opportunity to get the CD? Arghhhhh!

beril

Damn it, I wasn't planning to buy this and couldn't really afford to spend more on games this month, but after reading the Iwata Asks I just couldn't resist so I went out and bought it anyway. It looks great in 3D.

Also for what it's worth the guy at GAME said they were almost sold out. Together with what we're seing in japan so far I have a feeling that this will be bigger than some people are expecting, despite being a remake. It's not like remakes haven't done huge numbers or driven hardware in the past.

Varjet

Just played through the first dungeon. Game looks so much smoother than it used to, but Ghoma is still the most pathetic boss ever :p

Zane

I think the bosses are slightly easier in the 3DS remake because of the better hit detection. Or, at least what feels like better hit detection. Seems like your jump slashes make contact much more consistently in the remake.

Also, here's Wired.com's review (full disclosure: My editor and I wrote this together)

Top Bottom